Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
drat im just getting caught up but that death ray guy owning himself by not being able to stop being a racist idiot for even one single post is pretty hilarious, so thank you thread for bringing it to my attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

People have weird ideas about me. The possibility that I'm just a person who's trying and often comes up short doesn't seem to be one of them. I'm a bisexual man with mental illness, diabetes, and no money or social skills who did some good poo poo and some bad poo poo as an admin on a small forum. I have very little self-awareness and I'm terrible at seeing my patterns, but I'm pretty sure I'm neither the nicest guy you'll ever meet nor twisted loving psychopath.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFrYQDlvp1o

nice choice of song to post

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

I fully love Spencer Krug

me too and i think sunset rubdown is my favorite project of his, that album is my favorite album of theirs, and that song one of the best on the album.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

FAU posted:

Have you heard his latest, "This One's For The Dancer?" I really think it's the best thing he's ever done. It's so good.

I haven't but I will be checking it out now!

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
where the hell are you guys getting these updates

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
Well see you all at byobxp.com then

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
ive been here for half my drat life and i dont know who EPW is

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
oh ok, that sounds familiar. thanks

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

is there a link to birb and video games being gone?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906298&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post500684776 she doesn't have an admin star anymore

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905320&pagenumber=51&perpage=40#post500688542 neither does videogames

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
oh alright, whatever

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

angerbeet posted:

The admin panel is... Let's just say there were certain usergroups simply labelled "do not touch - ever!" and I'm pretty sure no one knows what they do but are clearly of vital importance to the system.

load bearing usergroups

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i dont listen to it but i do think there's an overlap with those crowds, to the point i kept thinking they were the same podcast, and explains maybe why a lot of its fans went and charged up the corpse strewn "its just a joke" hill to meet an ignoble demise

yeah theres a lot of overlap, and the hosts of both podcasts are friends in real life, they all live in nyc. nick mullen used to be roommates with amber from chapo

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Lastgirl posted:

lol

sorry if i derailed btw, people were asking about c-spam so i thought i'd try to illuminate from a limited human perspective to the best i can, neutrally~

i feel like this current saga...won't end for a while and its gonna suck until it gets better?

also fwiw, podcasts are kind of stupid because most people parrot or confirmation bias or double down so its pretty lazy signaling and masturbatory imo, there is a chapo thread in c-spam iirc but only a specific niche posts there, everyone else is happy to shitpost but yes, the cumtown people are definitely the ones who want to be edgier as evidenced by that mass probation. that's fine, but don't think that your comedy is better because it's not compared to the stupid goofy shitposting that goes on is the only issue I have with podcasts and the cult-like fanbase mentality around them. Even if they're lefty, its still just insipid pop culture pablum because we're consumerists and we behave like consumerists towards these products as its wrapped in an idea.

cumtown fans try their hardest to ape the humor of the show but they're really bad at it. just (don't) have a look at the subreddit, it's really bad

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Tiler Kiwi posted:

never ever look at any fan subreddit

yeah pretty much

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
look if you had to deal with 40-50 feral dogs every time you took your dog for a walk you would carry an assault rifle too

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
nice

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

DrBouvenstein posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, I think it was before my time, but isn't that where this emote/Smilie came from?

:sonia:

I don't think a spoiler tag is needed because it IS just an SA smilie, ready for anyone to use, but I guess if your boss was over your shoulder with a magnifying glass he might notice those 2 pixels of boobs.

Related to hammers and dogs, I half remember reading a thread here that was highlights/quotes from another forum that was all about people wanting to be those "real life super hero" things that was almost sort of a trend back in the mid 2000's? The passage I remember is a guy posting about filling some gloves with buckshot in the knuckles to punch harder, and then when he was "on patrol" (I want to say in a cemetery,) he claimed he punched a "wolf" in the face and it ran off and that it wouldn't be hurting anyone that night.

And I just felt bad that this psycho just punched a stray dog.

:mamacita: this is the superior boob smilie anyway but yeah i think that one came from dpph somehow

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm pretty sure she was or at least 'goon adjacent' since there's that staged photo of lowtax proposing to her from 05 or so, isn't there? Then it got everyone confused and saying he's gone through 3-4 wives already, since any time he's been photographed with a woman it's obviously been one of the many taxbrides

I think that lowtax proposing pic was Tiffany teen or something like that, not sonia whoever she is

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
thats pretty cool, nice post

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Sid Vicious posted:

I really dont think that is what thread is for

im agreeing with Sid again!!!!

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Sid Vicious posted:

Are you okay lol

just joshin mate

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Hub Cat posted:

Reality show where bEatmstrJ and Grover build a house while Tiny Brontosaurus gives them design tips.

lol

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Can I see some of these pictures of Twisty because lol

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
*walking into thread wearing one of those big nose+mustache+glasses novelty things* yikes, that turtlicious guy is pretty crazy, right guys?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
you're saying convincing goons he wasn't mentally ill by posting about how non-mentally ill he was on his alt account didn't work? what the heck...

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Inceltown posted:

I'll happily say that I will kiss your wounds though because bring that to people attention was a public good.

:whitewater:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the posts by the op are funny but drat the rest of the replies are so bad. i thought I remembered helldump being funnier

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
rip scootsmagoo

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Paladinus posted:

Huh. Didn't know that part.

it is the best part about byob

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
it made all your posts faded out unless you hovered over them, gave you a lovely avatar, and when you tried to post something it would randomly just play ponyta.swf at you or something

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Boba Pearl posted:

code:
\@@@@|     |####/
 \@@@|     |###/
  `@@|_____|##'
       (O)
    .-'''''-.
  .'  * * *  `.
 :  *       *  :
:  ~~~~~ARF~~~~~:
:  ~~~~JASON~~~~:
  `.  * * *  .'
    `-.....-'
code:
\@@@@|     |####/
 \@@@|     |###/
  `@@|_____|##'
       (O)
    .-'''''-.
  .'  * * *  `.
:  ~~~~~BAP~~~~ :
:  ~~~HOMET~~~~ :
  `.  * * *  .'
    `-.....-'

:thanks:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i used to like reading this thread and would just scroll past all the cringey puns and stuff but man it has become really weird and bad in the past month

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Pick posted:

just kidding, I really didn't like this show. got lots of the horny gifs though. no reason.

i dont know the characters or the show its from but :thanks:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

woozy pawsies posted:

this is worse than twitter

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
the neopets posting conspiracy of 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

wtf lol is this just someone who happened to be permabanned the same day? what the hell is going on in this thread