Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

theflyingorc posted:

It is a bounce, but it's a surprisingly large one since it should, in theory, have been limited by the opposition's bounce. I think she'll keep a few points of it for a while.

Yeah. It'll come back but is likely to still have a sustained gap at this rate.

OTOH, lol. Nothing. Matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The interesting thing is, if they are sitting on it that might do WikiLeaks more harm. The Dems know exactly what was stolen and exactly what it says by this point. If anything is on it, they have had a month now to prepare for it. The original leak only worked because it caught them off guard.

It didn't even really "work" all that much except to rile up a few hardcore Bernouts. If they had something damning in those emails Assange would be physically unable to resist putting it out there ASAP and basking in the glow of the whistleblowing.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Nessus posted:

I kind of suspect the logjam will break before the SCOTUS actually erodes down to nothing, because I don't think the Republicans can actually keep doing what they're doing forever. All that DNC poo poo was kind of a bid to go 'Hey you people, it's OK to at least provisionally support the Democrats.'

Best scenario (and most likely imo) is:

Trump dumb -> depressed R turnout and energized D turnout -> senate goes Democrat -> filibuster goes away -> all the supreme court justices, all of them

Fingers crossed, I guess!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

i am the bird posted:

Have we talked about Jill Stein's new conspiratorial running mate yet? Does anyone care? Is anyone actually voting for her besides a handful of angry white people on my Facebook feed?

No, no, and no, in that order.

You don't leave Hell, Mr. Speaker. Hell lets you go.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Gyges posted:

Never wear a US Flag. First it's against flag code, and if you actually cared about :911:, you'd follow flag code. Second, you'll be confused with the vast majority of people wearing the flag as clothing, who are hateful assholes just waiting for all the minorities to be out of earshot so they can drop some truth bombs on your. Third, and, really, most importantly, it's tacky as poo poo. If you've gotta put that flag on yourself go with a nice, understated flag pin.

Look I'm just gonna come right out and say it, we need an exception here for flag bikinis.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Nice mel---

sean10mm posted:

Nice meltdown.

God dammit

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

axeil posted:

Oh poo poo they found me! Quick run! Please don't send me to C-SPAM! :ohdear:

Yo C-SPAM owns, you can call sometime an idiot and not have to post walls of pedantic Aristotelean logic proofs to back it up.

I mean it makes for lovely discourse but good comedy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Antti posted:

Honestly I myself am baffled how Indiana went blue in a shocker in 2008 but went red in 2012 and seems to have escaped even further into the red column. Did all the cool people move or what?

In 2008, Louisville (the only deep blue dot in a sea of Kentucky red) sent hoards of people into southern Indiana, a traditionally red area, to GOTV. That plus Indy made it turn sliiiiiightly blue, a thin enough margin that we didn't know the results until well through the day after.

In 2012 all the cool kids went to Ohio to work Cincy instead.

This is based on what I did, which clearly means everyone else followed my trend. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
No one's gone from internet hero to idiot stooge nearly as fast as Snowden. He did a public service dragging into the public eye how IPs were ridiculously complicit in forking over data with zero resistance, because there was proof after that and not just tin foil hattery that could be dismissed offhandedly.

The guy took his best shots from a very short list of places to claim asylum because lol if you think he wasn't being put in a deep dark hole if he got caught. Now that things have settled down he may get a pardon depending on how dumb he was talking to the Russians. I'm holding off ultimate judgement until there's more than just flying rumors but until I hear he gave Putin the nuclear launch codes or something then he's done something worthwhile.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I... what?

Like all these words are in order, but what? Is this word salad? Did I suddenly become schizophrenic? :psyduck:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A tired Republican campaign director shows the camera a clapboard. "Trump Pivot, take #1483," he sighs, as he snaps the clapper against the body.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Good to know that this guy gets to become the 21st century Vince Foster

I will never, ever, ever get tired of this word filter.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FIRST TIME posted:

"Can you explain your participation in posting on the following online forums? 'Laissez Faire', 'gently caress Yourself and Die', and 'Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse'? Also, what is that man doing to his butt and why do you have over 1,000 posts consisting solely of the phrase 'suck my drat balls, OP'?"

Man, by this point we'll have goatse in TV ads.

No actual attack or message or anything, just :goatsecx: "I approve this message."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Have Some Flowers! posted:

Looking at Five Thirty Eight this morning, seems like the latest round of polls came in hard against Clinton. :f5h:

:derp::derp::derp::derp:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Can't you hear, can't you hear that pivot
You better take care, you better find ... a divot

:eng99:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Antti posted:

There are some black people who won't vote for Clinton, that's fine, she can win without either of them.

I had to read this twice and then choked back a laugh so hard my coworkers thought I swallowed something

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hahahahaha he's admitting he's losing

the pivot has arrived, unfortunately it was blame and not political opinions

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Thundercracker posted:

I would bet money Reince pulls funding this week. Unless he's clinically handicapped.

Trump must be breathing a sigh of relief that his funding is safe.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/766734984174534656

The Communist party is telling people to vote for Hillary

I knew it! She was a commie all along!!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Maybe we should just lock the thread in between Trump tweets, it's the only way to save us from ourselves

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Honestly, when you start a sentence with "breed" and "people" within two words of each other, you should probably halt your post and reconsider your world views regardless of the rest of it.

Even if you think someone else is doing the breeding (:maga:), you're tacitly accepting it's a thing that works. It doesn't. The only thing eugenics brings is genocide.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SSNeoman posted:

The GOP has convinced me that Hillary has enough guts and courage to pilot an anime robot.

I-It's a GUUUUUUUUUUUUUNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM
-Mike Pence

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Now I admit I'm probably Arzying somewhat, since we do have things like mocking the disabled reporter and the Khan thing still being raised by Hillary and the media. But it sometimes feels like we've just taken all that and accepted it as part and parcel of Trump. I mean, I guess outrage can only be sustained for so long without becoming tiring, I just still think we can sometimes get a bit too much "Oh, that Donald! What won't he say?" Myself included. It's a thing to look out for, at any rate.

This just means defining him as a clown car of stupid has stuck permanently. All Hillary has to do is remind people a little ways out from the election, hey, this guy is running for president and we should really GOTV so he doesn't get anywhere near it.

My real concern is everyone phoning it in, Hillary winning by "just" 4%, and Senate staying in conservative hands by a couple of votes. Given the ads she's already run before going to her oppo research, though, I'm pretty sure it'll work out.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Necroskowitz posted:

Why does REUTERS/IPSOS have Trump up by 14 in New Hampshire? That's a 15 point difference from their last poll a week or so ago.

the pivot is upon us, dehumanize yourself and face to yoogeness

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Grapplejack posted:

Star Spangled Banner owns because it's a test of the singer's ability to hit high notes

you know they're chumps if they do a lower note or their voice cracks

Watching people get booed for being bad at it is one of the best parts of sporting events

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I think most of them are going to continue to sit on their fat asses and do nothing but continue to post Killary Medusa memes on Facebook, but maybe I'm an optimist.

Killary Medusa sounds like a pretty hot anime character tbh.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Or men just stop raping.

I'm doing what I can :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
https://twitter.com/anildash/status/770998631713411072