Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Poipole, its evolution Naganadel, Stakataka, Blacephalon and Zeraora are Gen 7 Pokémon that only exist in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. They can't be in regular Sun or Moon because there's no in-game data for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

So this happened.

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1055082531429605376

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Electric Phantasm posted:

So is it an evolution or something like School Form?

It has its own name rather then "Something X" or "X Forme", so I guess its a full evolution. Its basically a "Magneton" but it really does evolve from several "Magnemite" evolving together.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Aerofallosov posted:

So, is the poke pelago the only way to get a round stone? I wanted to use happiny, and evolve it but dang... that's quite awhile to wait. Would I be able to trade for one?

I occasionally pick one up from those ambush encounters of Chansey in the Poni Wilds. When the battle ends there's a small chance that they're left behind.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Fleedar posted:

I got two extra Zeraora codes if anyone wants them:

A89278LXNGSRR68X

Took the first one, thank you so much. My EB games had their codes delayed and now I don't have to bug them anymore.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Ash still has Charizard under his ownership (or something... Its not been made clear since it can do whatever it wants.) and he even came back onto his team for a time when the ratings were sagging in 2011-2012 or so.

At this point, Ash has had more then 50 or so Pokémon, not even counting those 30 Tauros.

I'm also not entirely sure why people are still disappointed that Pikachu refuses to evolve since its the mascot of the franchise and Game Freak has been trying their best to make fans forget about Raichu.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Where did the abilities come from? I thought abilities didn't exist in LGPE...

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Well the game is cute. Managed to catch a Bellsprout that I really like and he busted Brock's head open. I'll have to think of a good name for him later.

I also managed to find a Bulbasaur, and a Bold natured one as well.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I had no idea that Onix could be found in Mt.Moon until one literally spawned on top of my character.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Melmetal being ridiculously tedious to obtain makes some sense as its a Mythical Pokémon on par with Manaphy or Jirachi. Game Freak would want to make you jump through hoops to obtain certain monsters and we've been spoiled with events where you could just download the monster via mystery gift.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I mean I get that Pikachu, and to a lesser extent Eevee, get their anime voices for the main games now (seeing that they're the mascots and their names are the same across all languages), but its unfeasible to do the same for over 900 and beyond other creatures, and to dub most of them in nine other languages. It would require a cast of over 30 or so people (and I'm generous and assuming that each dub would only have 4 voice actors each).

It's simply more cost effective to have one or two sound guys produce each cry for each monster then all that.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Nope. Big companies hire lots of people to do things all the time.

If this was EA or Ubisoft you'd be right, but despite making oodles of cash from this property, Game Freak still chooses to operate at a "Double A" developer level (that is, the whole company consists of under 50 people rather then hundreds like a triple A game developer). They're not about to blow a significant chunk of their budget and resources on a feature that people always found dismissive (they'd rather put it towards a feature that most people would find dismissive later, such as Festival Plaza).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Ignite Memories posted:

Why the hell would anyone shiny hunt in Lets Go

There isn't even pokebank functionality

People want shinies badly and are willing to hunt for them. Even in games that are no way compatible with main series games, like the some of the Mystery Dungeon titles.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I can't believe people are mad at the fact that it swallowed an everstone.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

SuperKlaus posted:

Are there any hints of an upgraded re-release of Generation 4, in the FireRed / HeartGold / OmegaRuby tradition? Or have I missed one that already happened?

The newest game-released news is releasing a patch for LGPE, but aside from that, absolutely nothing. We're still in the Gen 7 era and there's only the faintest of hints that its winding down.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Nabbed.

What's a good nature for my new cat goblin.

Jolly or Adamant since it has a better physical attack and a wider physical movepool.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Dehry posted:

I didn't know Mallow's mom was dead. I just assumed she was one of the NPCs like with Lana's parents.

Then again the Bulbapedia wiki admins have gone out of its way to not say that one Stoutland died.

Minor NPCs in the Pokemon games are represented by generic trainer sprites/models, so its difficult to tell who's who.

Also I'll have you know that they finally acknowledged Stoutland's death... With this episode.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'm positive that that's what they were going for. Most of Gen 5's Pokemon are deliberate throwbacks to Gen 1's monsters and it's supposed to invoke the feeling of "convergent evolution". That is, creatures from very different lineages put into similar niches end up developing similar traits. That's sort of what happened to Gen 5's monsters.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

galagazombie posted:

Bronzong is not good because I hate having to deal with a high defense high HP wall that has only one weakness (Which is random so you can't even prepare for it.) Screw you Team Galactic.

Levitate is better then Heatproof since it grants an immunity rather then just lowering damage. As a result, most Bronzong that people use are weak to fire.

Not that it matters anymore since it's now also weak to Ghost and Dark moves due to nerfing Steel.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I'd like it if the Gen 8 games did away with Pokemarts and you needed to scavenge/cultivate your healing items, which consists of mostly berries. It might also re-purpose some of the berries in the game that still don't have a use outside of making Pokeblocks/Poffins.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

There's no proven connection between tipping and anything else. I think it merely exists for "flavor": tipping apparently exists because its customary in Kalos to do so.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Iirc tipping affects your coolness?? rating which has a couple of small effects, mostly cosmetic such as I think letting you shop at one of the clothes boutiques? And maybe a furfrou hairstyle or two. Also dialogue people use with you. But the coolness rating is affected by so many other things that you'll do in the normal process of playing the game so tipping isn't really noticeable and it's mostly flavour.

I'm pretty sure the stylish ranking is only affected by things you do in Lumiose City itself.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

Ah, and it's "living" because every new game/gen allows you to update it? Does that include things like multiple colors/variations of mons? Like Alolan rattatatdatass and notjapan rattattatdatass. I hope that makes sense what i'm asking.

Edit for more: And also that means say, having a raichu, Pikachu, baby-Pikachu at the same time right?

Yes. Every member of an evolutionary line is represented by different individual (a Pichu, a Pikachu and a Raichu)

Variants like different forms may be included depending on the person. I personally include the Alolan variants, but not say the different forms of Oricorio.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I just hope Pokémon Bank becomes accessible on the Switch. I believe your account is tied to your Nintendo ID.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

The only Pokemon I need is a Jigglypuff painstakingly brought up from Fire Red that knows Seismic Toss.

Same but a Clefairy from Leaf Green that knows Softboiled.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I find it remarkable that it's possible to have and use Pokémon that were generated in November of 2002 at the earliest. Old enough to get a driver's license and older then Pokémon's main demographic.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

It's never been stated where Rhyme City is located. In the game, all we know is that it isn't Alola as the few Alolan Pokémon present in the later half of the game are seen as "exotic".

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

chaosapiant posted:

Wtf is Monpoke?

Some weird thing that the Pokémon company trademarked some months back. There was a logo involved but literally nothing came of it so far.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

less laughter posted:

Watching the latest anime episode and this Pikachu vs Mudsdale trial is on a comparable level of bullshit to the Onix and Rhydon battles in the earliest seasons twenty years ago.

But they justified it by saying that the seawater soaking Mudsdale was similar to the move Soak, which turned Mudsdale into a water-type temporarily.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, it's the first time in history a mainline Pokemon game that isn't a blatant nostalgia-driven cashgrab is on a home console with all the power that brings. I'd be more shocked if it didn't look very different from all that came before.

Pokémon Colosseum came out on the Gamecube, and that turned out very different from other games. Granted, it was developed by Genius Sonority (which I think has been absorbed into Game Freak anyway).

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1100395059923439616

I wonder what it could be?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Seven minutes is longer than dome segments in directs that people complained dragged on forever

Yes, but those weren't Pokémon related directs.

Seriously though, seven minutes is plenty of time to give something substantial, like a name of the title, starters and possibly what the box legendary looks like.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Apparently the Sun/Moon initial direct was seven minutes and have nothing but the logo

They were also celebrating the 20 year milestone of the franchise.

Since they already revealed that there was going to be a mainline game for the Switch during the announcement of the Let's Go games, and there's no major milestone, all there to reveal is what Gen 8 is all about.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I think it's supposed to be like the roots of underwater plants. But it also looks a bit like Gritty.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I can't wait for the Fire Starter Chinese Zodiac theory to get completely destroyed.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Hence why I want the theory completely destroyed when they show that Gen 8's fire starter is a bear or a weasel.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Dehry posted:

It's usually the same people each time. One of last year's fakers got the Rabbit and Platypus in different games

I still say that his mistake in their designs is that the evolutions all share the same color scheme as the original starters. Not even Gen 1 does this: Ivysaur, Charmeleon and Wartortle are darker then Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle. Not only that, but starters usually gain some new feature rather then simply being a "bigger version" of the first form.

For the Platypus, the first form is fine but the others are too samey to pass for a proper evolution line.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I guess we're getting Team Skull but chavs then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Give me Dark-Fighting-Psychic starters

Gen 6 was a thing.