Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

RealFoxy posted:

Meltzer said it was a work. Either way it doesn't matter in the long run.

i mean, props to joe's acting cause man he sold that real realistically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Baby Babbeh posted:

How is Cien's English on a scale of Nakamura to Yoshi Tatsu? Part of the problem is he doesn't speak, which I can accept in a masked luchador but it seems really weird for an unmasked guy.

it's pretty bad, i think.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Phenix Rising posted:

So what's Dan Matha's story? And how many times do I have to type it before my phone doesn't autocorrect Matha to Martha?

if sabby piscatelli didn't actually make the nfl but was super tall, i guess.

i'd be into heel andrade for sure, the laying in the ropes thing works super well in a cocky heel way. and also i really like watching him so i hope they give him something to work with.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i like that nikki cross is in sanity because i liked her the couple times they had her on the show before hand and its good they're giving her something to work with, but i just can't shake the feeling that the whole gimmick feels very TNA

hell of a better women's angle than billie kay and, uh, the other one with the "Australian Bitches" act though.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

except for crazzy steve cause hes so crazy he's got two z's

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

actually I just remembered the best moment of the night was when liv morgan came out, acted like she forgot something, went to the back, returned with a pizza box, accidentally dropped the lone slice in the box, picked it up off the ramp, and then took a bite of it

it is the best thing liv morgan has ever done

If Liv Morgan's whole character was "big pizza fan" I'd be marching on wwe hq for a moon push

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

jesus the Authors of Pain nearly murdered two jobbers (warning: gross)

http://www.sescoops.com/video-botched-spot-nxt-tapings-11-30-2016/

Tm61 looked alright after the match to me

For real though god drat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Well Joe better be at the rumble at least.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Los Ingobernables taking over another promotion would be cool. Bullet Club showed up in three iterations already.

Also, I don't think we need to spoil the Japan title match results since the official NXT Instagram posted pictures.

Wwe app made it a push notification too

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

I really wish they would have shown the NXT osaka show. I just found out that the semi main was DIY vs Tajiri and Tozawa and that Triple H won't let me see that.

Yeah, that's a goddamn tease

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

Nikki/Asuka is an interesting tease. If they really want to make Sanity a thing, and they have a woman in the group, having her chase the women's title makes a lot of sense in trying to consolidate their power. We know Nikki is a good wrestler, and playing up the feral psychopath opens up a lot of story possibilities for a match with Asuka, like something she's never had to prepare for before.

Nikki cross/Asuka would make me a happy lil poopy pants

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Hell yes I was pretty bummed that they didn't show tozawa and taijiri against diy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rovert posted:

Triple H envisions future where talent doesn't 'graduate' from NXT, movement happens between all WWE brands: http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/18337386/triple-h-future-nxt-standing-wwe-universe

I also envision Samoa Joe and Nakamura not being locked in NXT feuds for the next two years.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

im finally watching the osaka show cause i was out of town for a few days, and god drat that diy/tozawa & tajiri match owned so much

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Push the fat guy with the bowl cut to the moon

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

billie kay sucks and is unsafe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

They are just some warm bodies. Put Breezango in their place and nothing changes in the actual storylines.

Hold up now breezango rules and the hot cops should be on every episode of smackdown

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Imagine Jim Ross and Corey graves together and then get a lil sad cause it'll never happen

I just did and now you have to too.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm pretty sure the Tyler Driver 97 is named after the year of his birth, 1997. We're all old.

yeah i realized that watching the episode this week and got a little sad

at least im not 5'nothing", tyler you waving rear end in a top hat, although... although ive never been in that good of shape... uguu tyler-kun~~

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

beggar posted:

Bryan Clarke 2.0 up there is very much my jam.

I saw Steve Cutler at the NXT house show in St Augustine last night, he's incorporating a hatred of immigrants and calling 'civilians' in the front row cowards for not serving. They always say the best characters are extensions of yourself, and Cutler loving kills doing this. Maybe it works more because of all the national guard stuff around the Armory, but man he oozes 100% scumbag with this angle. Love it

I'm... Slightly worried an anti immigrant gimmick might turn out a little ugly

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

well theres my friends asuka and nikki cross, then there's kinda triple h with the queen song, then there's the guy rotting away in developmental, then there's chris hero, then there's heavy machinery, and i think that might be it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

keevo posted:

I don't get where they're taking the Billie Kay injury thing.

i kept thinking peyton was gonna turn on her for not winning for them or something, i dunno, just kinda did... nothing.

that crowd though, hoo boy. i assume next week was taped at the same show. maybe they'll liven up a little more if there's not half un-matches (and almas beating up the tinyboy from hong kong) but that's the least-engaged nxt crowd i've ever seen.

i checked out a little after takeover, aside from watching a few clips, it looks like ember moon has a few more spots besides a sick-rear end finisher, which is nice, and i like that ddt that almas did, even if it doesn't really play to his strengths. still looked awesome. chrissius hono and bobby roode oughta be good, i guess. i mean, bobby roode is good enough for a really good wrestler to make a fine match? whatever.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

keevo posted:

Yeah this NXT crowd is loving terrible. How many episodes are we getting them for?

i hope its not for more than one more week, trying to build to takeover with a crowd that feels like it's as papered as an average impact taping is gonna be ROUGH.

i think it'll be only one more week though, they brought out about half the talent that'd be marketable at this show, next week is gonna be ohno/roode, diy will probably be in it, maybe asuka mercing some jobber lady, and, uhhh, the drifter and oney lorcan, i dunno, i don't read spoilers.

if i were to guess for the takeover main event, since they were stressing nakamura's rematch tonight, ohno wins next week, two weeks of tapings set up nakamura and roode both wanting their rematch at takeover, REEEEEGAALL, triple threat at takeover, one of roode or ohno wins so shinsuke can finally go to the main roster.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

lol, did bacne jones ever come back after joe beat the hell out of him?

being the guy every debuting indy star beats up would be one of the better uses theyve gotten out of performance center guys recently.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i hope kairi hojo and kassius ohno form a stable based on doing cool elbow poo poo.

face stable to face sanity with an entirely elbow based offense. are there any prospects with cool elbow moves to join hojohno?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

this girl nikki is wrestling is jacked, god drat

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rovert posted:

Nikki really made things happen for herself the 18 months or so before she was signed. I've never encountered someone who concurrently improved their game across the board so quickly: her body, in ring and character work. Usually someone focuses on one of those but shuns the rest. That's a human impulse but Nikki was really determined.

oh yeah i mean nikki cross rules and im glad she's getting a spotlight on her but macy estrella or whatever her name was was like 6'0" and jacked like lady jobbers usually arent.

also lmao i mean im glad baroness is getting some money for wwe using their song, but that album's like two years old, i thought that sort of thing was for pumping up poo poo that just came out. the first band with the glam rock singer, hoooooly poo poo that was bad.

man ohno's dreamteam outfit rules a lot. sorry, just got home to watch now.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Mar 16, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

Maybe I'm not as good at deciphering your posts as others, but that pic shows me Nikki pinning a jobber with her hands on the face in disrespect, after hitting her finisher like 10 times in a row, like a pissed-off fighter. What am I missing?

nothing, nikki cross owns a lot and it's great that sanity is a vehicle for her because the alternate would be a vehicle for eric young and, bleh, eric young

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

ohno/nakamura would have owned, elbows and knees and all sorts of joint strikes.

ah, c'est la vie, bobby roode is gonna do his caw default moves and win again so nak can go to the main roster and fight aj because shane didn't actually say HE was aj's opponent at mania.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

that oney lorcan/almas match was way better than the slot of "opening match of a weekly NXT"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Heavy Machinery is our new favorite tag team, right?

oh yes absolutely 100%

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

goodbye shiiiiinsuke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_DVS_303kQ&t=282s
i'll watch you on tuesdays

goodbye shiiiiiinsuke

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

didn't see anyone post blake's new tag team

https://twitter.com/waynemason/status/850920479049306112

their t shirts say "zero fricks given"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

"I want hands like, up in a fist, but I don't want to waste time with different hands"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

god drat aleister black just looks so awesome.

may the dark lord bless wwe for just letting him do him. i mean the left hand magick tattoo kinda demands it.

e: two things

1) between nakamura's goodbye promo and him on talk is jericho, he can speak in english at length to a degree that's pretty impressive since japanese and english are about as foreign as languages get. i just hope they let him actually get some mic time on smackdown, cause i mean, they let baron corbin do promos and he's terrible at delivering scripted lines.

2) did drew mcintyre just get a lot better outside of wwe or something? i can't figure out why he got the jobberino role for his first run, he's tall, well built, can speak pretty well, and looked really fluid in the ring. like, i get why jinder was heath's lackey but not so much drew.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 13, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i love this

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Tye finally won a feud/match

has tye won more on smackdown than he did on nxt? it feels that way.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

You joke, but might not be that far off. Remember, Tye spent years as a throwaway jobber. He started being the "Perfect 10" as an arrogant heel gimmick, which meant he lost all the time. That accidentally got over, which accidentally turned Tye face, and then he lost every match as a plucky underdog.

So yeah, without looking, I could probably count Tye's televised NXT wins on one hand.

i wasn't joking though, tye's had, what, two matches on smackdown now, both wins? i started watching nxt last year when nakamura debuted (honestly he got me back into wrestling so i watched nxt more than anything for at least half a year) and tye was the top jobber for almost the entire year without having any wins over lower developmental guys. i only remember him getting a couple wins before his match with bobby roode because that's when he finally got a finisher - aj's transitional move, but hey - and even after that he lost pretty consistently with the sanity feud.

i mean, honestly it's awesome and a credit to how he's gotten over with the crowd that he's a hot new face on the main roster and getting the wins-matches-on-tv-consistently run after spending a long long time being a total loser in nxt.

tye dillinger made himself into what wwe wants sami zayn to be, which is kind of incredible considering their backgrounds and skill levels.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

as long as the great black otaku Brennan Williams debuts eventually I'll be happy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

They should just turn them into those poverty-cosplaying gutter punks that hang outside of stores and ask for change, beer, and weed despite having designer leather jackets and boots and trust funds.

side-effect: theyd have to get at least one dog, which would make sanity my favorite stable in all of wrestling

• Locked thread