Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I bought the game. Haven't played a shooter online on a console in forever so I'm ready for teens to kick my rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tei posted:

BFV is not finished. You are paying for a early access / alpha game.

But maybe 30$ is the right price for a early access game. Minecraft and other early access games start with a low price tag, and then raise it later.

My man I wouldn't heap this criticism on BFV when you've been defending FO76, a game that I, too, enjoy, as much as you have

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I would like to join Butt please. I got the game today so should be on soon.

Online_and_Nice is my psn

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I like this game a lot more than 1

Please add me to butt on PSN my name is Online_and_Nice

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Auxiliary Treats posted:

It’s been so long I don’t even remember so maybe someone can correct me but I think you can only apply to platoons through the companion app. I don’t think there are invites. I made a couple open spots so there’s room if you apply.

You can look them up and request to join. Just need the name

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BF1 had an okay launch compared to, like, BF4, but seriously that game was in really rough shape for a while. Nonstop grenade spam will haunt me.

Also don't understand the vision complaints either and the healing / resupply / spotting changes own. Even if the medic box is useless and bad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tei posted:

loving corporate cowards. Bold enough to use identity politics to sell more sdk units. Too cowards to put a actual Swastica in their game with nazis.

You're real mad about video games

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Tei posted:

Videogames are fine. Clown politics by corporations is just noise. They are using identity politics to make a profit, and they do it in a clumsy way, helping nobody.

Who cares it's a swastika

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

My favorite gun is dynamite

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I read the battlefield reddit because I hate myself

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah even without the "get out to repair" poo poo I still steal a buttload of tanks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

RCarr posted:

I suggest everyone play a few rounds of BF1 and remember how much of a better game it is than BFV.

BF1 was worse than 3-4 imo

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BF1 at launch you couldn't get near objective points without your screen turning into non stop grenade shakes and gas

Also lots of crashing

Also it took them waaaay too long to make it so that darts wouldn't completely wreck infantry, making some maps completely unwinnable on operations

BF4 had the worst launch by far, but BFV's launch has been easily the best

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

lambskin posted:

If you guys wanna argue like manbabies about which battlefield is the best, maybe the PC thread would be more to your liking?

What else can we not talk about

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Spent a while tonight getting matched into complete stomps with 10v20 teams then couldn't join anything at all. Very cool!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

yellowcar posted:

Hell yeah. :hf:

Streyr, Online_and_Nice, and I found a way to make squad conquest fun: place AP+AT mines around high traffic areas like supply and medical crates, doorways, and stairs. Squad wipes galore.

Just gotta remember to keep building the supply stations that get blown up! But yeah that was incredible.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shooting down planes with panzer / piat will never get old

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Can't wait to get nothing in this week's tides of war thing because I almost never use vehicles

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

This thread is better than the PC one because the PC one spends all their time complaining

Front lines is pretty good at times because on big maps you can easily get behind enemy lines like the group I was playing with last night and get stabby

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rush is coming back :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/JaqubAjmal/status/1093980455110696962?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bananana posted:

when do we get America dlc?
and Pacific theater?

Gonna be a while if ever. They're going chronologically

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Fun bug I just had, was getting rezzed by a squadmate while a v2 was dropped in my head. Couldn't spawn back in or get rezzed, but could look around in the dying state

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

yellowcar posted:

I did some things tonight:

Kudos to Online_and_Nice for staying alive long enough for me to spawn in and pull it off. :toot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeTAUC90724

Obligatory fart bomb multikill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oZ3EURkVSc

Sidenote: this week's tides of war suck rear end

We had some good rootin tootin point and shootin last night

Also lol Dice dropped the last requirement from 20 kills to 5

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

IBurnStuffAlot posted:

panzerstorm sucks on foot

It's fun to nonstop backcap and destroy tanks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I'm glad this battlefield doesn't have the elite pickups because those were dumb as hell

But also BF1 was my least favorite since BF2 so

4>BC2>V>3>1>2 I'm (for the ones I've played)

BF1s launch was an improvement over 4 but that's not saying much. It also took forever to get 1 in the state it's in. V is in good shape comparatively.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh I forgot Hardline was also good, to me

But I only used the double barrel shotgun really

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Hardline was bad, actually

I see someone was not part of the :cumpolice:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Come play m'lord

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

FastestGunAlive posted:

Firestorm trailer is out. It’s a cinematic. Lol. Good trailer though. I’m not a BR fan but I’ll give it a shot. The lack of swastikas concerns me from a historical accuracy perspective

The base game doesn't have any swastikas and lol c'mon man historical accuracy in an arcade shooter

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gunshow Poophole posted:

Yeah this is universally accepted

Ehhh the map turning to the surface of the moon with no cover kinda sucked on some maps because the defenders got an impossible advantage.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Firestorm will be fun I bet because the game play in the game is fun

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bananana posted:

Me and Friendly Spider, AKA "Green Crab" are gonna need a 3rd and 4th tonight when we get on for squad Firestorm. Somewhere around 630 CST us.

Good chance I'm on around then (I'm online_and_nice)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Prob will be on tonight for some shooting mans and crushing cans (of beer)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Good games guys! Getting a win and few other high placements after I killed all of us with the chopper was nice.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

All the level 3 snipers I had today had 3x scopes, so they're out there

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

WALLGOD posted:

From the posts here it seems firestorm is actually fun. If anyone is on later tonight hit me up. PSN Warugado

Ya it's good. Looting system is the only not great thing and they're fixing that.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Gamers rise up

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

The way the loot tiers work in this is just so bad. Like, in other BR games there’s still a major element of loot luck but at least you can find attachments and build up a gun you like. In this there is abhigh chance you won’t ever find a good gun at all.

You find better guns by killing, op

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I hope to be on again soon for rooty tooty point and shooty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

dog nougat posted:

Hopping on for the evening. Come shoot some mans!

Sorry I didn't join bud, was just killing like 30 minutes in Borderlands until the Bucks game. Hopefully I can find some time soon.