Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

There is a Layton-centric thread but I'm phone posting and can't link it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

This is so charming already. I love this series so much!

Oh hey, are the DLC costumes also available? I jumped right in to playing and haven't checked!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Davincie posted:

they are, but you gotta play a bit first to have the dlc menu popup

Thanks!

I've caught something about a couple new characters and don't know if this is an intentional reference or a coincidence. I'm spoiling it anyway since it gives away a touch of potential characterization. Ahlbi and the Princess....well, he's just nine and she's fourteen. I'm only at the beginning of this new saga but he seems kinda infatuated.

Edit: oh geez her middle name even!!!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 8, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I just got deeper into case 1 and

voltcatfish posted:

Oh my god his name is Pees'Lubn Andistan'dhin

We can't get more Ace Attorney than this, folks.

I got further in the case and it got a lot more Ace Attorney. :allears:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The moment the doors to the courthouse opened for Case 3 and I saw Nick and Maya, side by side, I laughed because these Khura'inist kooks can bring it all on, Divination Seance, DC Act, whatever - they're about to get their poo poo pushed in old-school turnabout style!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

So Case 3, Day 1 Trial - I made the mistake of saving right in the middle of a revised Insight and totally lost my train of thought picking up the game from yesterday! Thank goodness for being able to restart from multiple points in the chapters, I just started the whole trial over because it's so early on. I'm really surprised you're unable to see previous dialogue during the seances because I don't think I'd need to restart otherwise.

I'm impressed at how much I have to actually THINK this time around compared to previous games. Maybe I'm just rusty at attorney-ing!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Regy Rusty posted:

Case 3, Early Trial Day 2: I just had one of those moments where I figured out so much about where the case was going down the line that I had trouble figuring out what contradiction the game wanted from me. We saw the Insight for R'heel Neh'mu and I very quickly figured out that he was actually murdered in the secret hideout pressed up against the magatama slab, and that the Plumed Punisher theme was coming from the clock. I was so focused on figuring out how I'd prove the wrong location that it took me way too long to figure out that the first thing I was supposed to prove was that the time of death was wrong based on the smell.

Cool case so far, even though it does seem like there's literally only one possible suspect.

I absolutely hate the Insight system for this reason right now. I started to read your spoiler line-by-line just to confirm what I figured it was about and yep, I had the same issue (and worked out the same thing of what's spoiled above). Insights end up really stalling out the story part of the game for me. I don't know if it's the lack of being able to present evidence in the way I'm used to, or because it's far more abstract than any previous system in previous games, but it's the biggest wall I've ever hit in these games.

E: finally cracked past that part but UGH.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 11, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Just finished Case 4. I don't understand a thing about rakugo but felt like I picked up what localization was putting down and if anything would like to see some performances. I looked up "Jugemu" and it sounds amusing, kind of reminds me of an old Dick Van Dyke Show episode where their son discovers he has seven middle names. But game-specific I loved seeing Athena and Blackquill working together. The moment Simon grabs Athena in first person was unexpected and really underpins their relationship imo.

Call me tumblresque for this but I'm also amazed a game used "dissociative identity disorder" and didn't disparage the character, dismiss them as "crazy," or anything like that.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Zaa Boogie posted:

http://nintendonews.com/blog/ace-attorney-spirit-of-justice-september-dlc-details/

Also hot drat I didn't even realize they released the DLC schedule. And it's all out this month.

*squints at that extra case DLC title* What kind of shenanigans could THAT entail?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Waffleman_ posted:

I want Franziska to be happy with her wife Adrian.

Yes, this please.

Waffleman_ posted:

Lana will have been released from prison by this time and is the special prosecutor at the end of AA7.

I would be down for this, too.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I want a flashback case with Lana and Gant on the prosecution side.

That would be horrifying given the current spritework and I love it. Face them off against Byrne Faraday and Calisto Yew, have Tyrell Badd give evidence for the state, just a full-on case of deception and falsehoods. End the flashback with Edgeworth talking about the "Prosecutor Purge" or something.

Case 2 - concerning Retinz and his desire to gently caress over every last Gramayre out there he could have spared himself the the trouble since every Gramayre of the previous two generations were brilliant at screwing themselves over, or at best being victim to some heinous bullshit courtesy Magnifi Gramayre. He seemed like a real bastard; Tracy upholds the legend but still seems too young to get her head around how badly adults complicate their lives and each other. Hell, had Retinz just let Mistree steal the journal the resulting drama could have made some reality trash TV bank for him. But nope, he had to go full vengeance mode.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Finished up through Case 5, Trial 1 and the first scene of Day 2. When Apollo began the thought route, realizing the puzzle wasn't solved yet but now that they had the Holy Mother's face there was a possibility of spirit channeling her I immediately knew why Maya was kidnapped and by who, and gently caress Dhurke confirms that in the next Lobby scene. I can't remember the last time this game series shocked me that much.

I'm also super-happy about being right that Wright and Edgeworth were working together from the start, that Edgeworth immediately has a plane ready and goes WITH them.
I don't know how I'm going to handle the rest of the game with the reactions I'm seeing, but I'm already at :tviv:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I am at the very start of case 5. I hope that this game, or the DLC case, ends with Phoenix and Maya getting married.

I am just shocked you would have such an awful username, Pearls. Wait...are you posting on Larry's account? I know it's nice to share but that's against the rules here!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I mean Edgeworth himself is only really a villain in one game and then after that is pretty much chill, just socially awkward

(Whole-ish/C5 game spoilers) Every bit of interaction between Wright and Edgeworth on Investigation Day 2, Part 2 are golden motes dancing in the sunlight. They behave exactly like old, comfortable friends. Or "special someones," if you read it that way.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Sep 18, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm kinda sad we haven't gotten to see Gumshoe again. I was hoping he'd pop up in Spirit of Justice :sigh:.

Based on Edgeworth's comment to Phoenix if you present random evidence to him we've at least got confirmation Gumshoe still works under Edgeworth and still speaks to Phoenix on at least a semi-regular basis.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I don't think it's fair to pan Athena for various court breakdowns and moments of doubt when you consider (vague DD spoilers) her age, the absolutely horrific trauma she experienced from facing her past in DD, and fact she spent every waking moment of her teen years working to exonerate Simon before even facing her own trauma. People don't magically recover from PTSD just because they achieve one goal, plus she's still relatively a rookie, so Case 6-4 serves toprovide character growth where her best friend helps her to forge her own self-confidence in her abilities, a reoccurring theme in the series overall - when someone believes in you, you believe in yourself.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I finished the game last night and felt pretty wiped out with all the emotional fallout. Dear Lord, wild ride doesn't begin to describe that last case.

By the end of 6-5, Trial 1, I genuinely believed the endgame was going to be (whole Case 5 major spoilers)preventing Ga'ran or Inga (using Maya) from using the Founder's Orb to channel the Holy Mother because whoever could bring back a loving DEITY would cement their power in the kingdom and probably beyond. But what do you know, turns out Amara IS the practical embodiment of the Holy Mother having survived assassination and being a perfect mix of awe-inspiring and terrifying on the stand (that split-second flash of wrath, lol). Oh, and now she's survived TWO assassination attempts, so despise her abdication to Rayfa with Nahyuta as Prince Regent, she's probably more or less a god to her people.

Something that I feel like never got directly answered (again 6-5/whole game spoilers) is why did Ga'ran go the additional mile to kill Jove Justice? I guess to ensure there were no survivors because his Divination Seance reveals he could have ID'ed her had he made it out of the building alive? Also: tiny baby Apollo, that poor boy :( But what a satisfying end that final point was. Extremely cheesy in a super sentai fashion, but hey, it's Ace Attorney.

On a less serious note, did anyone catch when (Case 6-5, Investigation Day 2) Apollo asks Dhurke about the butterfly locket and Athena starts teasing Dhurke about being into younger women, and when Dhurke points out he's younger in the picture as well Athena huffs out "aw, that's no fun!" Athena, wtf :stonk:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Lurdiak posted:

hosed up that Juniper didn't even get mentioned in this game.

I don't think anything made me more uncomfortable in the series than Dhurke talking about how Trucy and Apollo should totally get married.

I want Juniper to show up in AA7 as a judge, with Hugh and Robin as assisting defense and prosecution.

Did you catch the bit later in Case 5, Investigation 2 where they open the locket and Athena starts teasing Dhurke about liking younger women? When Dhurke points out he was younger in the picture too Athena replies "aw, that's no fun."

TheKingofSprings posted:

Gonna cross my fingers Sad Monk is the seance victim we see in Khura'in (is that how it's spelled) next game

That's a weird way to spell out "courting Ema Skye." :allears:

TheKingofSprings posted:

My big hope is one day they'll take advantage of all the models they now have and have a different defence and prosecutor for every case.

This is exactly what I want from AA7 as an Athena-centric game and maybe give her Franny Von Karma as her endgame rival. That and for Athena to start turning her back to prosecutors and witnesses as both a callback to Blackquill and because she doesn't need to see them to hear the discord.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Argue posted:

Hanging plot threads: ....we never actually find out why the Holy Mother (whom I thought would be Ami Fey) wanted to be channeled back.

Concerning this, I don't think she wanted to be channeled, I think both Ga'ran and Inga were attempting to have the Holy Mother channeled as a final power play. Ga'ran and Amara have the name, but no face. Inga probably figured he could get the name out of Ga'ran somehow, or maybe risked the idea that a familial resemblance would be enough for Maya to channel the sister, Lady Kee'ra, since we DO learn her name in Case 3 and Maya possibly remembers it.

I mentioned this earlier but after Apollo's thought route on Case 5, Day 1 I thought the final story would be the race to prevent the wrong people (or anyone) from channeling what to that kingdom is their highest deity. Had Ga'ran via Amara put a channeled Holy Mother before the populace, even for a brief period, the rebellion would be permanently over, and potentially have a ripple effect into diplomacy with other countries since they just effectively proved their god exists. I'm glad I was totally wrong because that prospect is horrifying to me, but the implications are still in the game imo

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

TheKingofSprings posted:

give him dhurke's jacket

This plus the DRAGON AWAKENED animation

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Well crap, had a whole post typed up about Apollo's Asinine Attorney and my app crashed! Unsure if spoilers needed but will do so just in case. Some quick things:

- this case is less "serious" than Phoenix's
- there's minimal Klavier for all you haters out there, seems like he's missing some animations, understandable given the time frame and it being a joke case
- there's one special guest yet unseen in SoJ, and a character mention so far out of left field I had a surprised grin
- pixel theme is based on Case 6-2

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh, that bit. Now I remember, I was getting some events confused. That case was pretty packed. :v:

I'd say she pretty much still had a gun to her head: Rayfa. If she didn't then she had no reason to confess to killing Inga once Apollo placed her on the scene. The only way it makes sense is if Ga'ran ordered her to do so just in case. I haven't seen anybody claim that Amara is in the clear for not having done anything wrong but I'd say it's pretty clear that Ga'ran was manipulating everything the way she wants to go. So I'd say trying to call it 'two evil sisters' is going kinda far.

There's a line of Atishon's during 6-5, Day 1, when he's pressed where he asks Apollo if he knows about "kingcraft." It comes off as throwaway text just to underpin what a prick he is, but looking back it feels like foreshadowing Ga'ran's entire motivation. Her desire for power and control oversteps that of the elder Von Karma, Gant, Means, or the elder Gramarye, reaching a national and potentially global level given she rules a small but highly religious country. I'm sure Ga'ran knew she was at a disadvantage from a relatively early age once she knew she was unable to channel spirits and the resentment grew from there. Amara never had reason to suspect her sister's manipulation, or at least after a lifetime of gaslighting plus concern for her children was able to convince herself it was all for the best. Ga'ran is probably the most insidious villain to date (I'll probably always consider Kristoph The Worst, he's a level of deranged that still disturbs me).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dammit I need to play AAI2. I feel like I'm missing a piece of the overall storyline (even though nothing in DD or SoJ seems to reference it).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I think at one point we get an OBJECTION from Blackquill and I was sincerely confused because it sounded like Edgeworth's old one. Compared to the older games it's like "muppets with the wrong voices" all over again.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I was more aggravated by Nahyuta than anything. I like his overall design and how calm he is, but there's something about his background...maybe it was how everything got infodumped in the second day of Case 5, but it was tough to discern at first whether he had gone so deep into enemy territory he betrayed Dhurke or had just flat out given up fighting back against Gu'ran. Maybe I wanted MORE Nahyuta in terms of vulnerability, which we don't really see until late in the game? I'm hoping we get to see more of him because due to all the bullshit holding him back I feel like he'd be far more likable now that he's got a hopeful future and can openly acknowledge his family.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

I wonder if future games would play with combining older techniques. I was really salty about Insight during play, but after the fact I appreciate how much the game made me think and how accomplished I felt when I figured out the contradiction.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Suspicious Cook posted:

It's definitely not, especially when you take the DLC into consideration where Phoenix pokes fun at Edgeworth for being single. Not that Nick isn't, but when has not having a leg to stand on ever stopped him?

Interesting some see it that way, because my sister felt a lot of the early back and forth (DLC Court Day 1)comes off like Phoenix and Edgeworth had a huge argument post-6-5/prior to this case and are sniping at one another, especially with the bit about the flowers. But that's why:

meristem posted:

Relationships are best left to fanfiction. That way, everyone can have theirs.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Amppelix posted:

It really doesn't make much sense though: Why would he be exceedingly abrasive towards the defense, and pretend not to know Apollo? He has no reason to unless Ga'ran is physically watching him right there. He's rude because the writers wanted an antagonistic antagonist, and there's no better reason.

Well, I lied. There's a slightly better reason. He does say that he was lost in his despair and convinced himself nothing was ever going to change during the whole time he served under Ga'ran, which you can interpret to mean that he was resigning himself to acting the part. Still pretty flimsy though. And what's more the game's literally over by the time he gets over himself, so we get no chance to actually get to know him.

That last part is exactly what I think the problem is. When the character was presented as a "last rites" prosecutor I got this sense of finality with him, but quickly felt this was a man who was completely hopeless. I don't know if you're a DC fan but there's a concept of an "anti-life equation" that eliminates all free will and hope, leaving some characters to behave in a similar fashion. "Let it go, and move on," and the only thing to move onto is death. By the time he's freed from that the game is done!

I think his abrasiveness to Apollo may be linked story-wise to the idea that "sons carry the sins of the fathers." Apollo wasn't a son by blood and was brought to America before he could be impacted further by Khu'rain's political BS. You could reach for the possibility of feelings of abandonment, but I think the writing was so focused on the Apollo-Dhurke relationship there was no room for further development with Nahyuta. I wonder if any further material got cut?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Danaru posted:

Yeah I felt it was super out of character for Athena to just keep being like "WELP poo poo CASE IS OVER" at almost every turn, but on the other hand I enjoyed seeing Blackquill clown on everyone, so it evened out.

I waffle back and forth on it because Athena is a 19-yo prodigy that devoted her studies to tackling a very specific case. On one hand the shaky confidence gets annoying, but on the other I think it's more realistic for a rookie professional to still second-guess themselves and get disheartened. Case 4 begins with Athena complaining about defending a client last second with zero prep time; the books on the table at WAA are her's so it suggests she's more comfortable when she has an opportunity to thoroughly study, investigate, and interview.

I also wonder if there's meant to be a comedy dynamic there or some imitation of a rakugo story. But big brother Simon is awesome and I hope we get another case featuring them in the future.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I-5 has Alba and the part where Larry argues for his own conviction for no reason at all.

I mean, it's still better than a final trial of 2 testimonies but the confrontation with Alba and the random Mask de Masque 2 subplot really sours me on it. Even if the Yatagarasu thing with Badd and Yew is actually pretty decent.

I wish Badd could show up again, I liked that guy. Totally underrated character imo. Also curious if the Yatagarasu will ever show up in a future AA at all if they haven't already, since it's possible to back-engineer characters as part of the triad of Kay and whoever else.

Lurdiak posted:

This thread is becoming a clear division between sane people and people who think AA4 is good.

I haven't played AA4 in years. When I think back on AA4 there's certain scenes and characters I fondly recall (Phoenix meeting Trucy, Eldoon's noodles, the Kitakis), but other than the overarching plot I can't quite remember the cases. Wait, I just remembered OG Crackers. That and Kristoph Gavin terrifies me.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 12, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Pick posted:

I'll forgive them if they let him and Edgeworth get married :colbert:.

But then who will Maggey and Nick get married to? :ohdear:

Regarding Phoenix telling Apollo and Trucy the truth about their mother: I think it's unfair to blame him squarely for keeping it a secret because Thalassa asked him to do so. It's ultimately her story to tell them, not Phoenix's, and I always took him not telling them sooner as respecting Thalassa's request.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Death Priest posted:

No one knows, but Adrian got at most 6 months for mutilating a body and tampering with the crime scene, so Lana is likely free now.

More importantly though, I'm wondering why Angel Starr was not given her old job back since as far as we know, the only thing she was fired for was seeing through the real culprits.

I read it as yet another old character Capcom
won't refocus on
Angel was so disgusted by the corruption and loss of her coworkers/friends she has no faith in the system being properly rebuilt, also as after working in such a traumatic field it was probably downright refreshing just to sell lunch to people. Kinda reminds me of Guy Eldoon taking over the family business after being drummed out of his original career. Come to think of it, a lot of characters lose their original jobs and end up working in food in some way in these games.

Too bad it would be too similar to Blackquill, but Lana Skye could be a great prosecutor foil to Athena in AA7. Maybe she distrusts psychology in that it could be used to sway witnesses into fake memories/false testimony (considering how Gant gaslit and manipulated her for years).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Oct 18, 2016

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Ledgy posted:

I think the worst part is that in AA4, he has an obvious possible character arc that is never really expanded upon. The dude clearly has huge pressure coming from his brother, I mean, the guys sport almost the same haircut, but they only have a couple lines between eachother. What a shame.

Toss this into the pile of AA7 ideas and prosecutors Athena needs to face off with. We never really get a satisfying Klavier arc considering he discovers some horrible truths about his older brother and a close friend in short order. Here's a young man with two successful careers (I think a lot of folks will disagree but just go with it for a minute), financially wants for nothing, can probably have whatever causal relationship he pleases, but his personal life is a loving mess. I wonder if Klavier would become more interesting if you had Athena picking up on his deflective helpfulness at every turn and frustrating the poo poo out of him?

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Plom Bar posted:

Datz is legitimately the best new character since Detective Badd and we should all aspire to be more like him in our lives.

This is the truest statement in this whole thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Since your father's crimes are your crimes or whatever wouldn't that mean Rafya would've been executed if they wanted? I thought it was decent enough motivation. Like, it didn't change that Nahyuta had 3 cases where he was exactly the same character and never grew or had more stuff revealed about him. But "do what we want or your sister gets it!" isn't that lackluster as far as motivation goes.

I think the writers were going for Nahyuta to be completely crushed emotionally, just years of being gaslit and emotionally/mentally abused into following Ga'ran's whims because he was terrified of what could happen to Rayfa, and because he genuinely believed his father was a monster and he too had to burden those sins. Maybe even thinking he could carry Rayfa's burden as well, letting her live a lie so she could escape divine retribution. That's the intended motivation, yes, but what we got out of the writing as presented was a man who behaved like he was already dead and his fate predestined, at best, based on reactions in the thread.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Waffleman_ posted:

ace facial composite artist.

The quiet return of Vera Misham.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Carlosologist posted:

Bruce - Nick
Dick - Maya
Alfred - Mia
Gordon - Gumshoe
Dent - Edgeworth
??? - The Judge
Jason Todd - Case 5 special prosecutor

Judge should be the same Judge no matter the crossover.

Now I'm imagining an old-school Justice League International version. Ralph and Sue Dibny in the Nick and Maya roles (and they're based on Nick and Nora Charles, heh).

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The criminally underrated Schadenfreude featuring Franziska and Phoenix, posted in 2009 as a silly birthday present.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

busysignal posted:

After AAI2, I can only assume Gummy is just busy eating better food and being a great detective in between visits to Badd, helping Edgeworth and dodging Franzy's whippy whip tricks.

This is a good headcannon and I refuse to believe otherwise. I think Badd is more influential on Gumshoe than most folks realize because not everyone played AAI1

I want a Franziska-focused game where she's doing investigations for Interpol, maybe as a specialist for sensitive international crimes while she whips their foolish prosecutors into shape. Then it's museum date night with Adrian :3:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

The White Dragon posted:

actually every judge is already a different person and some of them are women but they all have beards and male pattern baldness. it's a weird kojima-tier UCLA genetics program

Juniper with a flower beard, like a flower crown but a beard.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

BioEnchanted posted:

Al;so just wanna say that while my favourite case in the game is the final one, my favourite Character is Ini Miney. She had an awesome story.

I can’t remember being quite so devastated when I realized what the twist in the case was. Just a sad situation all around for the people involved. It doesn’t excuse what was done of course, but as someone in a medical profession I understood/empathized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Inescapable Duck posted:

I was a bit disappointed by the first half of SoJ's final case; would be fun to have Apollo vs Phoenix in a civil trial over conflicting claims on an artifact that the Kingdom of Khu'Rain and the Fey Clan might actually both have legitimate claim to.

I had a tough time going along with the tension in that part of the case considering Phoenix has been in the position of having to knowingly defend a criminal before due to Maya being threatened, except this time we know Maya has full channeling abilities and Phoenix is much wiser for his experiences. I kept my interest by deciding Phoenix was playing the really long con, which he’s capable of. What that case does do well is remind you how calculating/terrifying he comes off to the opposition when you’re not getting to see his inner voice snark or freak out every other line.