Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Log posted:

I just found a bespoke crazy person post on Facebook from an old white guy I used to work with at Dell. He was one of the nicest people there and survived a lot of bouts with cancer. I knew he was extremely religious, but I guess I learned something new about him today -

I guess this guy was too mad about the Democrats to realize that this cookie was basically a circular protein bar and that's why it's expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

Yea I get those all the time because they're low carb (depending on the variety) and great for during or after work. You don't really eat them for the taste.

I haven't eaten that specific cookie, but Quest is known for making protein bars that actually taste pretty good while still being actually high protein/low carb. Which is partially why their stuff is expensive.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

FreeRepublic was literally created to be mad about the Clintons.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Nob abuser, a CIA sham" is pretty pro-tier ngl

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

These posts all read like they teleported in from 2006.

That's an achievement for Freep, it's usually 1997.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Bobulus posted:

I peeked in at TheDonald this morning and at the moment they're angry at St. Jude's Children's Hospital for requiring its employees to get the covid vaccine.

That's just... beyond parody.

The_Donald has been beyond parody since inception because it initially started as making fun of Trump fans and was quickly taken over by Trump fans.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Is that Ryan Reynolds?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

That needs more jpeg artifacts for it to be a proper boomer meme.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah I've seen goons also pushing back on making fun of Ben Shapiro for being a teeny tiny manlet and like... The funny part isn't that Ben is small. I'm the same tiny size as him. The funny part is how hard he tries to hide it because he is a kapo pushing toxic, traditional masculinity that requires he be A Bear Of A Man to have value.

Similarly with freepers the funny part isn't "lol they need help", it's insisting that they are actually strapping specimens of badass rambotude that are merely days from taking up arms and charging into battle, because wearing a mask at Costco is equally as bad as the Holocaust, maybe worse. (also they definitely never attempted to take up arms and charge into battle that was an antifa false flag ofc)

That said the second part isn't something I personally have to deal with so best to defer to the people hurt by it.

Mocking people espousing toxic worldviews by the standards of their own toxic worldviews isn't as big an own as you think it is.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lord Hydronium posted:

God, what a joyless hateful man. He probably would have hated knowing people were having fun laughing at his posts, not out of any personal pride, just the idea of there being enjoyment in the world and him being partly responsible for it.

His employees tricked him into drinking piss for a reason.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Wasn't it not just garden-tier "of course I hate nazis but," even, just full on "hello bot" "SIEG HEIL"

Also 4channers caught wind of the experiment and fed it Nazi poo poo en masse deliberately.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Also, you know, American Muslims and Arabs

Also Indians and anyone vaguely brown getting caught in the crossfire.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

DarklyDreaming posted:

Now after everything I kinda "Get" Trump worship. He's a rich and powerful dude who says things people agree with and that makes those same people feel a fraction of that wealth and power, but how does anyone get a positive impression of Don Jr? He's a hanger-on who has accomplished nothing and failed even in those rare places his dad has succeeded all while dressing like a Patrick Bateman cosplay. It boggles the mind :psyduck:

Does anyone actually like Jr.? I'm under the impression that his job at this point is just to act as a proxy for his dad at events that can't afford Donny Sr.

And even then he probably is the post popular Trump kid. Chuds hate Ivanka for (((reasons))), both Barron and Tiffany stay out of the spotlight, and I had to think for a solid minute before I could remember Eric Trump.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

useless without knowing who'll play Luigi.

Motherfucking Charlie Day.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

We're past due for a name change.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

The guy who claims he fired liberals is also the same guy who claims to have been personally responsible for green lighting the first Iron Man movie so he's about as fraudulent as you can get. The most generous way to treat his post about firing liberals is that he worked for a company whose owner did that once and this delusional idiot imagined himself as the boss in his headcanon.

On the other hand Ike Perlmutter, head of Marvel, is a piece of poo poo and huge Trump doner. So this has a 1% chance of being true, rather than 0%.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Firing all the liberals every four years only to...rehire them or hire new liberals...because you're out of workers now...only to fire them again at the next election makes no sense and sounds dumb as hell.

It could be an Overton window thing, like Freep itself. First he fired everyone who voted for Obama, then he fired anyone who did didn't did vote for Romney, then fired anyone who didn't praise Trump daily, and now all he's left with are Alex Jones watching Anti-Vaxxers.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Waiting for Rittenhouse to backpedal hard because he's absolutely jeopardizing his ticket on the gravy train with that comment.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Freep hates Muslims so much that it's become a general insult for them. Putin is bad ergo he's a Muslim.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I thought he'd been dead and weekend-at-Bernie'd for years.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The actual Zoomer Nazis are still on 4chan or TikTok.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Mechanical Ape posted:

It's not a thing. The IRS may hire as many as 80,000 *employees* consisting of maybe 10 percent agents (the majority being paper-pushers and the like, same as any large organization) and maybe 1 percent agents with guns.

This was spun by Republican lawmakers and conservative media as 80,000 IRS supersoldiers coming to bust down your door and audit you into an unmarked grave, well aware that none of their followers will check whether that's actually true.

Also the vast majority of those 80,000 employees are replacements for IRS employees that are going to retire in the next 5 years, which is something like half of all current stuff. It's really more like 20,000 extra people net.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MTG may have swatted herself, or not, but I don't think that's the real reason why Kiwifarms is getting shut down. The big reason why KF is getting shut down is actually Keffals, a transwoman who has been targeted by them for a long time, running a huge campaign against them.

The actual last straw was when she fled to Ireland to escape doxxing and KF found her again and started making bomb threats to a bunch of places in Belfast.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

The thing is that KiwiFarmers are the type of psychopath that falls into reactionary politics precisely because it gives them an excuse to go after people and don't really care about the ideology beyond that. They can absolutely go after someone on their "side", especially if it's a big target, because gathering scalps is the actual point.

E: This is assuming MTG didn't just fake all of this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

Why do they hate Magic The Gathering in the first place?

They're the sickos that prefer Yu-Gi-Oh like me

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Never change, Freep, never change.

Well they were right about one thing (raising a rapist).

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Dale Reed is just an alternate universe Cotton Hill who never got his knees shot off.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

What effect would it even have on Pelosi’s re-election? Is there some challenger about to beat her this time or something? They’re just grasping at current events to try to blame the victim.

Pelosi is one of the faces of the national Democratic party. It's less about her re-election or even their usual tendency to deflect blame, and more about not making as a whole Democrats look sympathetic.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

BlackIronHeart posted:

Lazmataz is the worst Freeper, hands down.

Does he even post on Freep anymore? He always seemed like the type that would move on to /pol/ .

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I don't know what I like more, the guys lamenting how humiliating this circus is or the ones actively cheering it on to get at the RINOs. :allears:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I thought the Murdochs sold all the non-Fox News parts of the company to Disney?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It's heartening to see Mitch McConnell, the GOP's most effective figure in the past decade, get absolutely no love or credit from the base.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Whelp, you just summoned the ghost of dalereed. We're all doomed.

I'm convinced Dalereed's death unleashed some sort of dark power upon the world a la Pandora's Box.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

According to the numbers from Freep, almost 1 in 5 Americans is an illegal immigrant.

Big, if true.

Look to your left, then look to your right, if you don't see an illegal immigrant, then you may be an illegal immigrant.

It's true if you do what Freepers do and mentally replace "illegal immigrant" with "any non-white person".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It's pretty funny seeing the controlled opposition line coming from the right for a change.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Pontius Pilate posted:

v cool that freep is just stormfront now

Now?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

You could play a game of "Freep or CSPAM?" with these posts.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

And about that first one there...I thought Freepers were all in on the evil Jewish globalists controlling the news and poo poo? So why would that same media report these casualty numbers, which stand at about 36,000? Wouldn't a Zionist Globalist Cabal actually underreport these numbers or ID them all as Hamas terrorists?

Because they hate Muslims more than Jews, it's not much more complicated than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Tony Phillips posted:

Freep has their very own Caro in the making?

Side note, but how the Hell is that yelostar not getting insta-zotted?

Jimbob, or more likely his son, realized that his website isn't getting any new traffic and he can't be as quick on the draw with bans.