Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

My boyfriend (20m) is keeping all my (19f) money

quote:

We've been together for almost 2 years, but known each other for 6.

To understand why he feels like he should, I'll explain the situation. We just moved into a new place and he payed the rent and damage deposit (1500 dollars) because I wouldn't be getting paid for awhile. He also probably spent a couple thousand more on stuff for the kitchen, food, a new TV, bathroom stuff and other house supplies. I didn't ask him to buy any of this (except food and other necessities) but I told him I'd pay him back for it all slowly over time (I make far less than he does).

I also owed him a little bit of money but he told me I could pay him back for that later. Since he paid both damage deposit and the rent, we decided I'll put 1500 into the place by paying the next two months rent. I don't have a problem with this at all.

Well, my paycheck came this morning and since I won't be able to pay with my next paycheck, I was thinking I'd have to use the whole thing on the rent. My hours were kindve lovely the last two weeks, so I thought I'd have enough to just break even and have nothing left afterwards (next month won't be the same, I'll have a lot left afterwards).

I checked my paycheck and alas, I discover I'll have about $50.00 left after the rent. I was more surprised than anything and decided I would use it to buy groceries. I texted my boyfriend and told him, and this is what he said: "Actually, you don't lol, your debts go past just rent if you forgot"

I told him he said I could pay him back for the stuff I owe him when I'm done paying the full rent for the next few months. Now he's ranting and raving at me for "going back on my word" I don't even really have a choice in the matter since he has my bank card.

He's bringing up how he bought me mittens and gloves (I needed them because I live in Canada and now since we moved I walk 30+ minutes to get to work, and it's freezing out) even though he bought them without me asking.

He's telling me I owe him 1300 dollars for this month and I don't understand how, since he told me he could pay me back after.

My heart hurts and I don't know what to do. I love him a lot but I don't want to feel like the money I work hard to make isn't actually mine to do with that I please.
Am I being unreasonable here? Apparently I am over $50.00. I don't know what to do.

TL;DR: boyfriend is taking all my money because I owe him even though we had a plan for me to pay him back later. I now have no money and need a second, unbiased opinion.

reddit he took my debit card what should i do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

My [42F] nephew [20M] is telling everyone he has asthma like my son [12M] but he is just overweight. He stole 3 of my sons inhalers and he is refusing to pay for what he took.

quote:

My nephew is really overweight, like extremely big. I promise I don't mean to sound like a witch but he can't make it up the stairs without being short of breathe.
Recently 3 of my sons inhalers went missing, my son asthma is bad. He has really bad asthma attacks from time to time. My husband, children and I hosted a party the night before. So we thought maybe someone threw them out by mistake while drunk. We searched for them but to no luck.

Anyway my daughter [17F] heard from one of her cousins that Stewart has asthma. I called my sister and I asked if this was true and she said it is the first time she is hearing of it. She went into his room and she found my sons inhalers. Her son still lives at home and is not doing anything with his life. No college, no job, nothing.

You can tell they are my sons Asters because we have stickers on them. His little sister who is 7 put smiley faces on them because she believes it helps. My sister confronted him about it and he cam clean. He stole the inhaler and pretended to have asthma so people would not think he is out of shape.
I know he has no job, but those things are not cheap and honestly I am furious. I think he should pay for what he used because really 2 of them are broken. My sister does not think she should pay for them if he can't and is asking me to cut him a break.

I don't think I should, but I don't know what to do. This is really tearing a rift between myself and my sister. But at the same time it's like he stole my little boys inhalers, that to my is unforgivable.

tl;dr: Nephew stole sons inhalers

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

which one of you is this post about?

quote:

I just met this guy in one of my classes and he's nice but socially awkward. Sometimes he won't leave me alone and will try to get me to talk to him or notice him more even while our professor is lecturing. He'll start whispering to me, try and doodle on my notebook when I'm taking notes, and will stretch his legs out so our knees will "accidentally" touch. He's not a douche or a prick, he's a bit off and I know he doesn't mean to weird me out...I don't want to be rude to him since I think he's harmless but I don't like him trying to hit on me. I'm being nice because I don't know anyone in the class. How can I ask him to stop without making things weirder?

tl;dr: Classmate [20M] is being overly flirtatious and I [21F] don't know how to get him to stop without making things awkward

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I've only heard it in jokes making fun of square people, to be fair.

drat greasers! get a real job!

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

My jeans start to smell if I go a whole week without changing them. I can't even begin to imagine how these jean goons smell.

rotten jazz cabbage?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

lmao

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Naerasa posted:

Yeah I don't think he was scared of her kicking his rear end (or I hope not, heh), I think he was scared of the implication. Like, now he's got to spend the next few weeks looking over his shoulder, wondering if she's gonna a) lie to everyone he knows about how he cheated on her, b) fake a pregnancy, c) actually be pregnant, or d) straight up lose it and burn his house down.

Seeing somebody have a meltdown isn't terrifying because you're worried about what they'll do in that moment; it's terrifying because you're realizing you thought you knew this person but you have no idea what they're capable of.

There is a lot of horrible poo poo an off the rails ex can do to ruin your life.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Who would do this???

My [28F] husband's [30M] parents [60sM, 50sF] renovated our kitchen while we were away and I hate it.

You don't need to read the whole thing but here's a key quote:

the property brothers warned you about this!!!

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

dammit bobby

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

This is a bad idea but a legitimate post: poo poo your pants before you talk to him. The smell will shatter his "she's perfect" view of you. If he asks, tell him that you have food poisoning. I imagine he's obsessed and not "in love" and this will take care of that. He'll justify it as normal in his head to avoid seeing his sister-in-law that way but the damage to his feelings will be done.

spend most of the day eating halloween store blood capsules and leave the reddest diarrhea in his toilet. attraction over

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Anony Mouse posted:

If you can't work through the most inconsequential of first-world relationship woes without consulting the internet then you probably shouldn't have a relationship.

idk this is a pretty serious problem

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Nuebot posted:

EDIT: How many suns does tatooine have?

Kill all nerds.

i wonder what his SA username is

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

there are these things called "lies" that are sometimes ok to say because they don't hurt anyone and can actually help people feel better

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

LGD posted:

I'm not sure how much that would really help in the situation though, because he will/would probably just assume she's lying regardless. That kind of insecurity is ultra-poisonous.

it's a teachable moment

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

lmao

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ben carsons son

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

maybe she stands on the toilet and squats down to pee

its my home don't tell me what to do

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

i've seen like 50 instances of manbaby online might as well join the priesthood

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

this thread does a great job at reminding me how insufferable nerds are

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

A Moose posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5d5tg4/my_29f_mom_58f_is_badmouthing_me_to_the_rest_of/

My [29F] mom [58F] is badmouthing me to the rest of the family because we're choosing not to have kids. She's now escalated to contacting my employer.Non-Romantic

she just wanted to be a helicopter grandparent

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3weuKbLVpjM

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

WampaLord posted:

I dunno, I think the idea that the girl's damaged goods just because she hosed his friend is stupid. There's literally nothing different about her from when he was interested in her.

getting rejected and being the fall back choice is a great start to a relationship.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

china bot posted:

tell the woman you are dating & who is presumably attracted to you that she gives you a boner

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

just eat mac and cheese every meal and the carnivore can add in some bacon bits

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

My (24f) fiancé (29m) just accepted a plea deal and has to register as a sex offender. I'm a teacher.

quote:

I'm also posting in /r/legaladvice for advice on the legal aspects of this question....

I am a recently-licensed teacher. My fiancé just accepted a plea deal that requires registering as a sex offender for fifteen years (10 if he maintains good behavior).

This is devastating on many levels. I'm currently interning abroad, but I was planning on getting married and working in my hometown when I come home.
Can anyone share their personal experiences of dating/marrying/loving a sex offender? How hard is my life going to be? I'm scared to death.

I am 100% in love with this man- we've been together for five years- and I truly feel he was pressured into this deal. I'm upset for him and I can't just abandon him. I should have been there for him, but we could barely even talk after he got arrested because of how expensive overseas calls are from jail.

I'm still in a state of shock right now, and I really don't want to go into what he was accused/convicted of. If he actually did it, then I've been so completely fooled by him that I deserve whatever misery this relationship leads to.

tl;dr: Dating a sex offender. Scared.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

it isn't a hobby if you play video games it for 6 hours, it's a second job

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

It's the easy way to get it across ironically that while you play vidja. You aren't a turbo nerd who identifies as a gamer.

it doesn't work very well then

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Adults who can't handle the power going out probably can't handle any other activity without help either.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

It's not like she had crack open the circuit panel and start checking voltages, it's basic problem solving skills.

I have no light and need light to see.

Whelp better curl up into the fetal position until someone can come save me.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Company paying for booze? Who wants to have a shot drinking contest?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Zzulu posted:

my fat wife keeps putting her fingers in my rear end in a top hat

congrats!!!!!!

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

or he could just not eat and then go to a drive-thru after everyone leaves

or order a pizza and shame-eat it in his car

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

White bread should be illegal

and thats why i voted for trump

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Never buy lotto tickets as a gift. It's either a waste of money or you will resent them.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

my (immediate) family buys each other scratchoffs, but if any of them won and didn't do something with it that everyone could enjoy, I'd know they had been abducted and replaced with some kind of blueblood robot

maybe you have the super perfect family who never has money problems but people change when something like $50k appears to be "theirs."

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Pick posted:

Don't date men in tech, ever. don't ever do it.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm a terrible person.

finally a member of the 1%

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Open the relationship.

How did the guy even marry her when she's either asexual or into something he can't provide? Like, they did have sex before marriage, right!? Surely this problem came up before?

Not included was they had a baby a couple months ago.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

WampaLord posted:

Guys, holy poo poo.

Holy poo poo, you guys.

[30M]My Wife[29F] unexpectedly passed away, her apparent lover [30?M] revealed their affair at her funeral.

HOLY poo poo

jesus h. christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ZombieJesus posted:

Yeah what was that dudes end game? Like, other than pissing off a room full of people and sullying his lovers memory for no good reason, what did he hope to achieve?

to be beaten to death by a mob of grieving people