Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

charity rereg posted:

omg of course it matters [to us], you know it's something really stupid and not a situation where you're like, "well that was super inappropriate, but I can at least understand why she was so upset"

It's going to be like "she made her dying sister the maid of honor at her wedding instead of my wife"

The friend probably just dumped her because she got tired of dealing with a crazy person. She knew the wife was the one behind everything the instant she saw her at her baby shower, so she definitely already knew she was a real psycho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

I felt like work was a huge relief after college. In college I was studying all the god drat time. I'd get out of work at 4 and the rest of the day was 100% mine.

Working is so much nicer and less stressful than being a student was for me. I had so much poo poo to worry about and keep track of in college, wheres my work stays at work and I’m free to do whatever I want for the rest of the day. Bad news is that I get paid like poo poo, but whatever. Obviously this depends on your type of job.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Gone Fashing posted:

yeah i dont get how watching a sports game makes you stressed and anxious when you dont give a poo poo what happens. this feels like a gender flipped version of the husband going "oh you dont want me to do the dishes im just so bad at cleaning things haha"

It sounds like she is pretty involved with all his games and helping to organize stuff, so I don’t think she’s just looking for an excuse to get out of it. Not caring about sports isn’t weird, but getting really stressed out and anxious about just being there is. My only real suggestion is seeing a therapist or psychiatrist because it really does sound like she might have some anxiety issues. And if sports for 10 year olds are bothering her this much she’s really going to have a bad time when he’s in high school.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

charity rereg posted:

Wife laughed at small penis joke/comment from her friend on text - I am small down there and this hurts like no other

Man, having a dick seems like such a hassle.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It’s not the other mother’s responsibility to teach the OP’s daughter that whipping her black friend and calling her racial slurs is bad. Her responsibility is toward her own daughter, of course she’s not going to take the time to nicely explain why being racist is bad to someone else’s kid. That’s not her problem. OP needs to have a long talk with her husband and also take a good look at herself while she’s at it, since her husband throwing around slurs is apparently something she knows about but she presumably didn’t care until it started making her look bad.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I guess it's a possibility the white kid didn't really understand that what she said was bad (pretty unlikely imo), but I bet the black kid sure knew what she meant.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Help help, my daughter has been traumatized from another mom getting angry at her! I mean yeah, she did call her daughter a racial slur and tried to whip her with her jumprope, but I don't see why the other mom had to get so mad about it. She probably just picked that stuff up from her dad anyway. Now everyone thinks we're racists, this is just great!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

What the hell's going on with you people who stop eating cold pizza when you get married?! I will never stop eating cold pizza, no matter how many boyfriends and husbands I have, it will never happen.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

It seems like the vast majority of income-hiding techniques for divorce are incredibly stupid and get found out immediately. Judging by this thread anyway. I don’t know why all these guys think they’ve discovered some foolproof plan that no one else has ever thought of and will totally get past all the lawyers.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Harry Styles is 25 though.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

but I also believe simultaneously that a lot of people are actually just bad with money, and also that plenty of poor people are good with money and happen to be in situations that prevent them from accruing any because our society is structured in stunningly hosed up ways. as an upstanding member of society your goal should be to vote for people who want to reform those hosed up aspects, allowing good with money types to get somewhere in life while not preventing the bad with money types from accidentally drowning themselves

Yeah, if you're poor as poo poo there's really only so much room to be good with money. If you're able to keep your head above water in that situation I'd consider that as being pretty amazing with money, honestly. And of course there's numerous examples of extremely rich people going bankrupt from buying too many castles/dinosaur skulls/spending $100k on wine a month, etc.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Yawgmoth posted:

:stare: that's uh

that's quite an assertion you're making there

care to back that up in any way?

Jews for Jesus has always been some weird rear end cult. They started getting popular in the 60s. "Messianic Judaism" makes them sound like a normal denomination but they really aren't.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Did it say when the wedding was? If it's a long ways off, then I can see why it would be weird to not invite her if she'd meet the minimum time required when the wedding actually takes place. If it's happening pretty soon then it would make more sense.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Haifisch posted:

AITA For wanting to get rid of my wife's great grandparents bed?

Morbid curiosity is making me want to see what happens when someone shines a blacklight on that thing. :magical:

A 100 year old mattress... no thanks. Especially if it's 200 goddamn pounds.

Who even gets emotionally attached to their childhood mattress in the first place?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Renegret posted:

Plus, for the number of people who are married vs. long term relationships vs. new relationships, cutting out the new relationships isn't even going to make that much of an impact.

You will be shocked at how many people say no. We budgeted for 130 people, and sent out 185 invites. Everyone automatically got a +1 but we knew some people weren't going to bring anyone, so our worst case scenario was 160 people. We ended up with 115 but our minimum was 125 so at the last second we had to have some really awkward phone calls to friends saying, hey you wanna come to a wedding next week? Hey I know I said no to your teenage kids but, uh, we need warm bodies!

Wait what, there's minimums now too? How does that work?

But yeah, I know someone who is getting married soon and they sent out like 500 invites but they're only planning for ~350 or so people to actually show up.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

That guy is still on the hook for child support anyway, since presumably he is listed as the father on the birth certificate and has been acting as the kid's father for his entire life. He's obviously completely justified in getting a divorce but he can't just walk out on his financial obligations so easily.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Scathach posted:

I remember that! The colors were like "purple with orange shoes for anyone under 150lbs, and all black for those over 150 so my 'fat' friends are hidden in pictures"

E https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.brides.com/story/this-bride-set-a-1000-dollar-wedding-dress-code-based-on-weight/amp

She held a polygraph party.

Also,

This is amazing. Was there ever an update after the polygraph party? Or maybe no one came, so there was nothing to report.

I love that the women under 160 pounds have to buy Louboutins and Burberry while the men just have to get glow sticks and a tacky gimmick hat.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

No one has said he should stay married to her.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

therobit posted:

Also the "meat on her bones" may or may not be an indication that the kid might be malnourished or too skinny.

assuming it took place in the US, it probably just means the kid isn’t fat.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Neil Gaiman and yeah, the reason she shot him down is because she got annoyed at how he keeps rewriting the same book and releasing it under different titles.

edit- so now he's living out the twilight of his career playing second fiddle to the most beloved circus-punk auteur of the modern millenium, so whompst is the joke on, really?

It wasn’t Neil Gaiman, it was Jonathan Safran Foer, author of very lovely book Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

try to guess it!

AITA for kicking a girl out of our campus “New Mexico Club” for not being from New Mexico?

I guessed wrong. I thought it might be Portland but that doesn't actually make sense because very few of the people obsessed with that place are actually from there or have ever lived there. Anyway who gives a poo poo, OP is just jealous that dude got with the other girl.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

If you tell your kid they’re grounded for an entire year and make a huge deal about it you should actually be willing to follow through on that otherwise you just look like you’re full of hot air. I doubt the daughter’s punishment is going to last anywhere near that long.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Bronze Fonz posted:

They're not punishing her, they're trying to keep their daughter as far away as possible from someone who, in an ideal world, would know better than to go after a loving kid.

How is this not right?

of course they're punishing her. what is taking away her tv and allowance for a year and not letting her go on her previously earned trip to Italy if not punishment? those parts don't have anything to do with keeping her safe and away from a predator, the parents are just pissed that she went behind their backs and lied to them.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

DemoneeHo posted:

AITA For bringing/eating fast food at social events?

He should go to bed earlier so that he's not constantly late or down to the wire because he's waking up at the last minute.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Incredibly stupid idiots like that really do exist. Sometimes they're so un-self aware that they don't even realize that their supposedly normal version of events still makes them sound completely awful. The OP seemed like that kind of person to me.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA to keep eating foods that gross out my gf?

Ah yes, "gross, unrecognizable, and foreign" food such as... crab and calamari. Truly disgusting.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

christmas boots posted:

There's foods I'm not the biggest fan of but I'll try just about anything. Off the top of my head I the only things I can think of that I draw the line at would be like, brains, human flesh, and that one maggot cheese where you have to hold your hand over the bowl because they jump at you.

Unsurprisingly this has yet to become an issue in my life.

Casu marzu is illegal so you probably won’t run into that. Although I’m sure it’s available on the black market somewhere for anyone who’s desperate to try. Same for human flesh too maybe!

I’d give brain a try, as long we’re not talking human brain. I don’t want one of those crazy diseases.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

he could at least be excited about a good show.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

You don’t have to be burning crosses on someone’s lawn to be a racist, oftentimes you can just be an ignorant dumbass like that guy.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

When people talk about how vegans are killing themselves and there’s no way it can be a healthy diet are they just unaware that a good percentage of the world is vegan and has been for quite some time?

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

Yeah I don't know, almost half the people I know are vegan or almost-vegan depending on definitions (wool is slavery you know) and they're all perfectly healthy active people. Quite a few of them are into hiking week long trails or are gym rats and are in way better shape than my murder-fed rear end.

Yeah, if you’re talking about the kooky woo-woo version of veganism popular with certain people in the US that think going vegan will magically cure all your ills, then sure they might be killing themselves then. But it’s their own stupidity that’s killing them, not deciding to not eat animal products.

edit: I also didn’t say vegans are a majority of the world because obviously that’s not true. But a lot of Indians and other religious groups are traditionally vegan. Veganism wasn’t started by some dumbass Americans, it’s a perfectly normal diet in a lot of places.

wizardofloneliness fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 29, 2019

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The dad straight up says he "wasn't the greatest dad" and that he wasn't around much because he chose to "drown" himself in his work instead (perhaps on purpose...?). I have a very hard time believing he honestly had no doubts for himself about the situation, although it's possible if he wasn't even there much in the first place. That just makes him a lovely dad for a different reason though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

You gave a 1mo gf a key?

His edit makes it sound like he just leaves his door unlocked all the time.