Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haifisch posted:

Apparently, I'm [25F] an evil witch because of the way I'm raising my daughter [8F]. It's putting a strain on a lot of relationships and I could use some help.

I was raised like that. My parents would play Intellevision games while holding me on their laps as an infant. When I got older I'd often "navigate" by being the one with the cheat book, or whatever. I don't think I've ever actually played a Resident Evil game myself, my dad would play while I'd navigate because I was terrified of zombies and hated the controls. My SNES was already open on Christmas morning, and the first switch palace done in Super Mario World because my parents had to "test" it. I have a Legend of Zelda tattoo, not just because I'm a gaming nerd, but because of all the great memories I have of having a shared hobby with my parents we all loved. The day my dad died, after being so sick for so long, I woke up to the sound of him playing one of his PTO-like games for the first time in 6 months. It was such a familiar sound. It's one of my last memories of him and I can't imagine wanting it to have been anything else.

But I guess since I got bullied because it was the 90s and not 2018 when everyone's grandma is playing Candy Crush and everyone has a console in their house. that those happy memories and bonding was all actually a horrible thing to put me through. I seriously think these people are just really, really jealous of the OP's relationship with her daughter and ex.

Edit: Jesus, I just saw the child's name, that's my birthname, even spelled the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

The call is coming from inside the house to the Nintendo Power Tip Line

Oh god I called that too many times.

gently caress Your Website posted:

How many different ways are there to spell Goku anyway

孫 悟空

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Ew the amount of people in the thread about the wife giving a kid rides saying it's her fault for lying and making him even more paranoid, or that because of his abandonment issues that he is just setting reasonable boundaries to keep himself from getting hurt again is loving disgusting.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If she didn't have an episode while they were dating then she obviously didn't have the hypersexual episode while they were dating.

e:fb

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
As a poly person with a somewhat incestuous friend group, we don't call it fluid bonding when we all get drunk and raw dog it. We call it "getting hosed up and making poor life choices" and go to get plan B/testing the next day like every other idiot who does drugs and gets blackout drunk every weekend. It's not just supposed to be another term for not using condoms, its supposed to be some deep trust of your partner to not get diseases from other people or something. I mean, tbh, I don't think I've ever heard a poly person use "fluid bonded" in real life anyway. But having sex with someone you've known for less than a week certainly isn't fluid bonded.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haha you sure got me there.

monkeytennis posted:

You must have some great stories :allears:

Not really honestly. Same people do stupid poo poo while drunk as everyone else, only with more people whose eyes you can't meet in the morning.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

3 healthy boys, and my wife is obsessed with trying for the girl... I don't know what to do
**TL;DR; : Is it unreasonable for me to both want my wife to be happy now with our family of 3 boys and to resolve her mental health issues before we consider IVF gender selection and have another daughter? If so, what to I do**.

Considering that he seems to be handling things up to now with a surprising amount of backbone, I'd say at this point he's mostly looking for confirmation that this is worth torpedoing the relationship over. I do hope this woman never has more kids. Imagine if her daughter wound up being trans? I can't imagine how horrible that would be for the kid.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

My [23F] roommate [21F] is mad that I got her kitten taken away and has resorted to harassing me
Honestly, if it was my roommate who did that to a cat, she'd probably have to worry a lot more about me poisoning her than the other way around. Also, gently caress the RA. Why wouldn't you call the cops on the roommate for theft, destruction of property, and animal abuse at this point?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

tactlessbastard posted:

Probably not a good idea.

Also, OP is a guy. Or a retard. 14M.

Found the reason mom doesn't believe the kid.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

Maybe you have or tbh maybe you didn't know to ask? I'm 30 and almost every guy I met from a dating site and a decent number I met in person asked (many many many times) for nudes. I don't do sexy pics at all, no not even if there's a sheet strategically covering R-rated parts, no not even bikinis or underwear, no seriously not at all, and you would not believe how many guys that's a dealbreaker for.

I'm 32 and this is my experience as well. Lots of people are very casual about nudes.

spatula posted:

I send nudes with my face in them to all sorts of people and I can’t imagine how anything that bad would happen.

Like forward them directly to my boss or mom and sure it would be embarrassing and awkward but why would anyone fire me? I have a serious job where I touch computers for a large company.

If someone was forwarded my nudes and were mad at me instead of the rear end in a top hat forwarding them, that’s good information to know that they’re lovely people I don’t want to associate with.

Sending nudes is fun but shouldn’t be expected.

This is pretty much 100% my stance with a different job.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

My shtick isn't blaming the guy, it's blaming people who don't bother reading the original post in a thread that's all about reading the original post. I find it weird that people prefer to make up stuff with absolutely no basis instead of just reading what's said clearly in the post.

Except she got all those things. She told him she wanted things, and she got those.Like, maybe you are the one who needs to read the OP? And yes she could have said much more. If she wanted nothing but those things, she should have said that. If she expected the bulk of the trip to be spent swimming, she should have said that. She could have actually been involved in planning it at all, in any way, beyond saying some of the most generic responses to "what do you want to do for our vacation?" she could come up with.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also lmao that she's going on about how she won't be able to take another vacation for forever, and he should understand that. For one, he probably thought he planned a great vacation for her, based on the limited feedback she gave him. Maybe instead of wanting to cross things off his list, he wanted to experience going to places neither one of them had been to together. For another, they've been dating for four and a half years. He probably assumes that at some point in the near future finances are going to start to commingle and once that happens of course she'll be traveling with him. Her allowing him to take her on vacation at all probably cemented that idea in his head. He probably saw this as the first of many, many vacations to come.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26m) girlfriend (27f) of 1 year is moving into her first “solo” place. As a housewarming present I went to Lowe’s and got her a tool set. She freaked out and called me selfish and insensitive. Is that true or is she showing me an immature side?

Lady is insane.

Number of times a cheese tray was needed in the Carpet household: 0

Number of times a pair of vise grips was needed in the Carpet household: 59302

drat, if anyone got me a tool set for any reason they'd immediately turn into marriage material.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

are two dogs really that much harder to care for than one? i mean you feed them both at the same time, walk them together, it's basically the same amount of effort, and other than that they pretty much just take care of themselves right? five days isn't even long enough to think about having to give them a bath.

my aunt used to show dogs and she had uh...like...i think nineteen of them at the peak, when one had a litter of ten puppies? and that is a full time job, no question, but it's still possible for one person to do it. two is nothing.

wife sounds like she's got something else she's mad about. that or she's super immature

New dogs can be a pain, especially puppies when you have an older dog. But I wasn't working when we got our puppy, and had just started a crazy 800 calories a day or something keto diet in preparation to get a gastric bypass. Yet I managed to get up 5 times a night and walk the puppy. I managed to walk her every half hour until she went because she was (and still is) distracted by scents and stubborn. I managed to do basic training every day, and play with her, and keep her from being murdered by the cat. Then again, I also didn't get a puppy for my old dog that doesn't like other dogs when I knew my husband was going on a trip, and never even mention "Hey, if we get a puppy now, I'll be alone with it and old Rover while you're away. Let's wait until you come back."

Edit: Didn't refresh

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The comments are even crazier on it, she keeps doubling down and telling people it's "wrong" that he has an opinion and should just like anything, even if he's lying to her :psyduck:

https://www.reddit.com/user/myclothesmybody/comments

Looks like a troll honestly. Straw feminist/SJW. She keeps bringing up sexism, used the term "femme-bodied" (??), used the word gaslighting at random as far as I can tell, and just acts like a stereotype.

Araenna fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 4, 2018

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Holy loving poo poo tulpas are still a thing? I remember when that popped up among the people who were following/doing all those Slender Man ARGs and Marble Hornets rip-offs. It was either used as an explanation so that people participating in the ARG/role play aspects could more easily immerse themselves in it (basically "Slender Man is real because we all believed it so hard"). It was around the time that otherkin and having alters in your head etc.. popped up, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised it became a thing people believed.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Midnight Voyager posted:

oh you sweet summer child

It's way older than Slenderman. At least, alters and otherkin sure are.

I meant more when they started to get to be a big thing people knew about for awhile there. I definitely worded it wrong.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haifisch posted:

My [30 M] gf [34F] of one year doesn't have one love language, she has all 5.

Absolutely nothing in this story has to do with love languages at all.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Anne Whateley posted:

A lot of this should be covered in health class, just make sure she knows she can always come to you with any issues. If you know there's an adult woman she likes, an aunt or a friend's mom or anything, you can also be in touch with her.
I got my period at the beginning of 6th grade (I was 11). Other than a very bare bones sex ed class we had for one day in 5th grade, I didn't have a health class until I think 7th grade? Definitely didn't learn about how to buy tampons or bras or anything during it.

Haifisch posted:

Dad’s (61M) wife (34F) was gifted a shirt at her baby shower that’s insulting to my late mother. I (23F) want her to believe that I’m not upset.

"I threw a surprise baby shower for a pregnant person who didn't want one, because I did. It went badly because I'm an idiot who had no idea who to invite. How do I make sure she knows I'm not upset that it went so badly she cried in front of everyone?"

Milotic posted:

My [24 M] girlfriend [23 F] said some shocking things about being harassed in the past. She casually mentioned always keeping pepper spray and a knife on her, and wanting to get a gun too

Also, lol at being shocked that a woman had those experiences. I had a guy harass me when I was walking to school last year. We were alone street, like 8 am, and he kept engaging when I'd try walk away. Luckily after stopping me twice to hit on me he gave up. No idea if telling him to gently caress off would have worked or escalated. Wasn't going to turn my back and walk away and hope he didn't do something.
I posted on Facebook because it annowed me, but also because like c'mon, using "do you cheat, because I'd gently caress the poo poo out of you!" is a shameful pick up line and deserves to be ridiculed. Most of my guy friends were shocked, especially the young college kids. Shocked! I live in a city, this happens every time I leave the house, just usually with less persistence.

e: quoting is hard

Araenna fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 5, 2018

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I just put keys between my knuckles. I mean, I doubt it'll help if I get attacked but it makes me feel badass. :krad:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My (23F) dad (55M) won't stop showing up at my boyfriend's (26M) jobs.

My dad has been (supposedly) diagnosed with dementia, depression, anxiety, neuropathy, and a few other things. I say supposedly because I do not believe he has the dementia nor does almost everyone except his mother (who lives with him) and his doctors. I also feel it’s necessary to add that I am in the medical field and have firsthand experience with dementia patients as well as depression and anxiety. He is on disability and has been on it for the last 10 years. Ever since he’s gotten on disability he has become super nosy and invasive in everyone’s lives. He has to know what’s going on with everyone 24/7 and gets mad and throws a temper tantrum if he doesn’t get told what’s going on.
So she works in healthcare, and knows about dementia, but seems to think a change in understanding personal boundaries, throwing tantrums (that include threatening to kill himself with a sword while begging to be institutionalized!), and generally acting irrational with personality changes, that all started about when he went on disability for dementia, is some sort of coincidence? Like, I worked with dementia patients over a decade ago at 18 as some sort of activities aide where I just read poo poo to them and poo poo, and I'm aware those are classic dementia signs. I hope she's just like a receptionist or something because Jesus. Should have had him committed while she had the chance.

Also lol at finding it "upsetting" that your dad moved your poo poo out of your room to use it for himself because you're moving out. I bet she was taking like, weeks and he got sick of waiting for her to just get the gently caress out already. Who would want to live with someone who keeps insisting your doctors are wrong and you're faking your loving dementia and mental illness?

La Brea Carpet posted:

Prudie spitting some fire this week.

"I thought she'd be too ashamed for there to be consequences!"

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SirSamVimes posted:

Barbarian cousin is maybe my favourite story. At no point does she mention anything bad he does except for being a bit rude. But the fact that he's big and quiet and has money apparently makes him a bad person? She labels him a freak for being able to repave their driveway, yeesh.

As someone who was regularly called a freak by my own sister growing up, that is a really nasty word to use for someone who is only being helpful.

"He's got to be at least 6'5" and he's brawny as hell, like a muscle guy. He's huge compared to any of us. I remember thinking "I don't know this person, and he could hurt me easily", he's not a boy, he's a man."

He's probably black.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Most games of Settlers I play are me and my fiance and a married couple. No one plays favorites because we're adults who don't take that poo poo personally. None of us expect our significant other to cheat and give us resources. None of us would try to cheat and trick someone else while trading. Like, I can't really imagine trying to cheat in a game to begin with, but with friends? It's a loving game, it's supposed to be fun for everyone. Cheating makes it fun for no one else. How can you miss the point of playing games with your friends so hard?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

don't go to the iosm thread, because the current hot take there is that it's everyone's responsibility to make sure everyone is having a good time, so if you have a sore loser you have to make them happy

After reading the IOSM thread and seeing your posts, I'm not sure you actually read that thread, or my comment.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Leon Einstein posted:

I honestly don't think she's doing anything on purpose. "OMG, she's wearing a bra and I can see the strap on her shoulder. This she-devil is doing this on purpose to turn me on!"

Yeah, her kneeling down so her breasts are pressed against her knees? That's just what happens when you kneel like that dude.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

hawowanlawow posted:

after looking back at the iosm thread, I see you didn't even make a comment

??? I meant the comment you responded to here, obviously. The one you quoted and responded to. I'm beginning to see a pattern here with your reading comprehension.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

The latest from’Hilarious Self Own Theatre’

I [26F] broke up with my (ex)boyfriend [28M] because I thought I wanted to explore other options... But I made a mistake and he hates me now

I did that poo poo when I was the one who royally hosed up a relationship and couldn't get the guy back. Looking back, acting like that is one of the cringiest, most regrettable things I've ever done. It's so loving selfish. She keeps going on about how badly she wants to be with him again, and thinking about "what could have been". But she obviously isn't thinking about his feelings at all. If she can do something that absolutely lovely, being in a relationship with her isn't going to be fun for the other person. Does she really think that, when she's capable of that, she wouldn't do something else that would hurt him as much, or more? She thinks she learned her lesson because now she knows she loves him and wouldn't leave again. But the real problem is that she's the sort of person who would loving do that poo poo to begin with. And until she does, she's going to keep making her boyfriends miserable and exploding her relationships.

e: nvm spoilers didn't work right gently caress it

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Milotic posted:

I [24F] am in an arranged marriage, and want to get closer to my husband [26M]

Oh honey you’re too young to be beard under the weird pretext of merging your dynasties.

That's really really sad.

The Lone Badger posted:

Open the relationship.

I don't get why he wouldn't do this? Like, even if he doesn't want her to divorce him by learning the truth, make up some reason you can't have sex (childhood trauma or something maybe, so you can avoid having to discuss it ever) and tell her to go find someone to gently caress at least.

Milotic posted:

There’s some good ones this morning

My [29M] sister [26F] is engaged to a man [30M] that once rejected/dumped my wife [29F]. Wife is upset and wants us to skip the wedding. I feel stuck in the middle.

From the comments, apparently the wife has issues with pride and reading social cues.

So from the sounds of it, it was a horrible traumatic relationship of a year that she.. never mentioned before? like

quote:

Turns out the guy and my wife used to date in university. She said they were together for about 1 year before he met someone else, strung her along for a while, and then dumped her very unceremoniously in front of her friends. She was crying because she was so upset.

makes it sound like he heard it the first time right then, doesn't it? I could see a few situations where I would be upset by someone close to me marrying an ex, but that's because he was literally abusive, and murdered a man. I would be scared for her. And my current fiance is well aware of the guy existing and the relationship. Because how are you together 7 years and have been in a relationship that traumatic that it still affects you that badly 7 years later and you never tell your partner at all? When the only trauma from it is "He cheated on me before dumping me"?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Not /r/elationships exactly, but still pretty funny.

[Discussion] My bandmates don't like the way that I hold ny instrument and they keep pressing the issue, it has become bothersome...

I'm just picturing this specimen on stage with a surprisingly patient hair metal band.

I mean, if you want a classical guitar in your band, you can't then complain that the guy is playing classical guitar.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Alan_Shore posted:

Aren't Americans taught weird table manners? The family I stayed with, they like cut food with the knife then put the knife down and transferred the fork to the other hand to eat, and I was like what the HELL are you doing

I was never taught to eat that way, and when I got older and realized that most everyone else would do that I thought it was the stupidest thing ever. Like, why? If you need to eat with the fork in your right hand that badly, at least cut up the entire steak or whatever first (which I guess is also bad manners for some reason?). What on earth is the point of setting the knife down and switching the fork to your other hand for every loving bite? Why do people still do this in 2018 when no one gives a poo poo about how you eat your food as long as you aren't making tons of noise or being gross?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
The thing about poly relationships, is the sort of people who aren't in it for drama/terrible person reasons are the sort of people who don't constantly talk about their relationships. Same as how people in monogamous relationships that aren't full of drama don't usually go on about them to everyone in sight. Personally, if I was looking for that sort of drama, I'd just date a married man, seems a lot easier. :shrug:

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
She should call adult protective services about her brother.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

failing forward posted:

Back in my day we called them "indigo children" and they all had the power to cleanse auras.

Wasn't that basically just another way parents deal with having autistic kids, like the way some turn into anti-vaxxers? The ones with high functioning kids make it into their kid being super special with special powers and the problem isn't them it's everyone else not realizing they have telepathy, and the ones with kids who are more seriously disabled because of it want to be able to blame someone/something, because they resent how hard it is to have a disabled child, and think it's better that children die of preventable illness than they have to take care of their child for the rest of their lives.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Johnny Truant posted:

Yeah I gotta chime in here as I've worked in a developmentally disabled adults home: you're either just making up bullshit here(where I place my money) or you and everyone in that facility is an absolute failure.

You would not just let this individual harm themselves that way in a completely avoidable situation.You loving nimrod.

Couldn't you quite easily do some major damage with a pop can? Tendon severing and poo poo by accident, and I'd assume easily more (how far can a piece of aluminum can folded in half cut?) if he actually tried to hurt himself as well.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Think thru the implementation. How you gonna get 4k+ people to not bring a can of pop to your site? What about visitors?

Don't have machines that have cans in them, and put up signs. If someone takes out a can, or obviously tries to bring in a soda can, tell them they can't. Wow, that was a difficult implementation, making up some signs and sending out a few emails to everyone. Places manage to be peanut free easily, or even have no outside food or drink. But you can't even attempt to ban them from the facility? Or at least the parts he's ever in? How is at least trying that not a better solution than letting him tear up cans and injure himself? Like, seriously, no one even tried banning cans? Is no one at this facility aware that there is a middle ground between "keep him cuffed all the time" and "let him injure himself".

My Imaginary GF posted:

Whats the OPs gender identity?

Wherever they are on the spectrum, OP needs to accept that gender roles and perceived gender identities are a thing in the world.

I hate when people tell others who are actually experiencing this poo poo that this poo poo happens. "I just experienced someone being an rear end in a top hat and trying to enforce gender roles on my kid in a horrible, traumatizing way." "Oh, well, you are aware that gender roles exist, right?"

It's literally just saying, "You're just being a weirdo and deserve abuse for it." poo poo like this is why I still feel like a horrible disgusting monster because I don't fall into the gender binary. It's also why I'm treated like a horrible, disgusting, mentally ill perverted monster by much of society. gently caress you dude.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LadyPictureShow posted:

I (25F) deliberately chose not to marry anyone... Why am I a bit scared?

Take a chill pill.

It's a shame that if you make a decision, you can never change your mind.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Shnag posted:

Yeah it isn't black and white in that regard. Having male friends? Thats fine, but pawing on them and having them obviously into her, not fine. What behavior is acceptable would vary from person to person. On one hand, you might have a woman cut off from family friends and isolated and abused, which is not acceptable, on the other hand, there is some poor smuck ok with his SO spending time with ex's because "You control who i am friends with!", or the earlier story in the thread about 'skinship' where the poor guys wife was all over guys right in front of him.

You can't control anyone, but you can choose what you find acceptable to put up with.

That's not the same as telling someone they can't have any friends of the other gender. Or accusing them of loving every male they're friends with. If you can't trust your partner to the point you feel they can't have any friends of a certain gender, at all, ever, just leave them because they're a poo poo person who doesn't respect you.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My boyfriend (20M) thinks his action (slapping me) is justifiable in this case? Do you agree?

My ex used to do "punch buggy" with me. Where we lived at the time there were quite a few in the area, we'd often see 3 if we drove more than few blocks. This was not an optional game, and he'd punch my arm as hard as he could. And if I did a punch back or beat him to it as he was doing it, he'd get super angry that I was cheating or some bull poo poo. Or that I was doing it harder (literally hard as he could at that angle and he was a Marine). I had a constant bruise.

What I'm saying is OP is looking for "proof" she can show him that he's overreacting and actually the abusive one here for hitting her like that etc.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

Also lol at the social media hellscape kids these days get subjected to. Now any personal beef has the potential to blow up online where any and accusations are considered "guilty until proven innocent" and you become a pariah.

It used to be you came back from Summer and caught up with all the people you hadn't seen for a while and find out what they'd been up to. Now you already know exactly what they did (or were accused of doing) and hate them for it.

What a world!

I was that kid who never called or talked to a single person over the summer until I was at least 15. And even then it was like, 3 people tops. I am so loving glad I grew up before social media was a thing. Though I probably would have been that kid who was all "Oh, man, you use facebook? You brainwashed normie :smuggo:"

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Bored posted:

A lot of leasing agencies use the same contract. If their agent did not tick the HOA box, I think she's safe to assume that there is no HOA. I would probably still ask, but I don't think she did anything wrong if that was the case.

In Austin, no matter where you rent, you fill out the same application and lease. There are just spaces for the agent to write/type in the information that changes based on where you are renting, like fees, number of animals allowed, rent price, etc. There are also check boxes on amenities that many properties don't have, reserved parking spaces (which my apartment does not require), and garage spaces which cost extra.

I just signed my lease for another year, which is the only reason I can recall specific examples.

It also sounds like the sort of thing that would probably need to be initialed as well on most leases, if checked off.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been on probably more dates with guys I met on the internet than in real life, and I can't imagine how much of a different between pictures and real life there'd have to be for me to be "Ugh, she doesn't look like I thought so bummed and turned off." like no poo poo people don't look like the pictures they upload for everyone to see online all the time.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Straight White Shark posted:

I'm (30M) getting too old and still single. I believe it's because I'm not attractive and am invisible and unforgettable because of it. What can I do about this?

Wait, so what's so embarrassing here? He says he's dated on and off until recently, even had a relationship. Does he think he's the only person who happens to be single while the age of 30?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

burial posted:

Speaking of, did the incel thread get closed/gassed again? Wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

Jon Pop showed up and killed it.