Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Is it actually his aunt by blood relation? There's a guy we called our uncle growing up who wasn't actually an uncle. There was no gay relationship going on, but I've seen that situation too. Where they call a same sex relationship partner person "uncle" or "aunt" to avoid having to explain the situation to a kid. It's probably far less common today given how accepted things are, but it was a lot more common once upon a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Especially when they aren't the owners? Our dog is registered to our name and everything so it seems weird a vets office would agree to do that without the owner present.
And he jokes he should have put her down? Wtf all around
I feel like there are omitted details still even though I got totally wrecked when she confirmed he was in good health. Like there's some big point of tension in their relationship that involves the dog and her behavior and attitude toward it. That she is omitting possibly unintentionally because she doesn't realize how obnoxious it is. "This relationship would be perfect if it wasn't for this dog" I think most people realize the problem is their s.o. and not some poor pet.

The people who post obnoxious poo poo about their cats on my facebook/instagram feeds are lovely people who get obsessed with a cat due to being a lovely person. Not because if you remove the cat they'll be perfect.

Should have had her put down is a good burn.

I guess the other option is he just wanted to murder the dog and console her while it was gone because he's a ridiculous person. I'm not sure how likely this is.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 27, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Troposphere posted:

I'm pretty sure crazy people have done crazier things

just seems like people are trying to blame her somehow and justify what he did. but maybe he's just a shithead and it took this to see his true colors. some people hide that well
Don't get me wrong, the girl seems alright and there are no red flags in the story at all. I'd dump someone for the way he lied about it alone. Not lying at first but constantly evolving the lie like he did.

The dog also seems legitimately cool from the pictures.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

He should go to school with his friends regardless. The number of people who sit back and reflect on their lives and think "man, I wish I had another year before kindergarten, I was *not* ready" is approximately 0.
This. Due to my birthday I was almost a year younger than most of my classmates. It was never an issue. The mom wanting to keep him back is probably just delaying his life and separating him from his friends for no reason. Even in kids all the same age, puberty hits at different ages and that's the only real consideration. Also, I had plenty of friends a year or three older and a few a year or three younger as well.

I don't think I was that big as a kid until near puberty. Then at 12 I was like 6'0.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Charles Get-Out posted:

My finance [M/28] has issues with a tattoo I got when I [F/23] was 18.
This one straight cracked me up. It was full of wonder and mystery. What awful tattoo will this be? Where will it be? And the reality is mediocre. It doesn't sound like an awful tattoo, and it's not in an awful place. I could probably live with that even without the friend dying.

I kinda wonder if the boyfriend has never had a close friend die. It's really easy to have some sympathy for the situation if you have.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 29, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

HardDiskD posted:

My [24f] boyfriend [25m] of 8 months is starting to police my eating habits and I'm tired of it.
Dude has to realize that different size people with differing activity levels eat different amounts of food. I've lost 30lbs over the past 5 months eating 2800 kcal/day average. If a 5'4 woman ate 2800 kcal/day she'd have gained 30lbs easily.

He also doesn't know much about nutrition given the kind of foods he is trying to push on her.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 30, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Thin Privilege posted:

Have you heard of http://thisisthinprivilege.org/

It's #4 in the FAQ.
How are you supposed to read or see anything with that eye-searing tiled background? The only thing I saw was ctrl+w with my mind's eye.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Nuebot posted:

I can't help but feel like we're missing something big here. Something real weird.
I don't know, but she should tell the brother what's up and say cya now and then and/or in 3 years my mother is a crazy bitch.

Maybe the brother gained the father's inheritance and the mother is real mad she didn't get any money.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Dec 1, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Update to a modern version of the myth. "No sweet child, in our house we download santa, he comes in through the cable modem."
And the elves are in cahoots with the NSA so they know every last thing you say and do on the internet. The government might not care, but Santa does, so watch out motherfucker.

Honestly, most kids must learn santa isn't real pretty young now. When I grew up there were people who believed at 10-11. Now, by the time you can read, if you punch santa into google it's all "SANTA IS FAKE" stuff. Maybe kids just don't search for stuff like that though. I don't know. I mean santa being not real must have been in encyclopedias or on MTV or some poo poo in the past.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Dec 3, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Gluten Freeman posted:

that last one makes me question whether it's real, cos that's some serious evil poo poo
Who's evil? The 28 year old woman who gets mad and slaps a child in the face over what could have been an innocent question or a child asking a question? She has no examples of the child doing anything actually malicious.

It's not nearly as complex as these people make it out to be, and she is just justifying her own lovely behavior. She was clearly connecting with the kid over makeup, the kid said something way out of line and it hurt her feelings due to it being 180 of what they were doing and also offensive on its own even though the kid might not know that, and instead of reacting like a god drat adult and just calmly explaining she wasn't or that it's inappropriate to say stuff like that she slaps the kid in the face?

Even if the kid was playing it up, she slapped the kid and feels like she's at war with a literal nine year old. She can't act like an adult and is instead getting owned by a nine year old girl through her own admission. It might even be by accident and not intentional. Someone is clearly poisoning the well with the gold digger stuff, but the child also seems to like her. There are some real bad kids out there, but the child is not even accused of making anything up. This woman is ruining her own life.

The father is never going to live that slap down. That's infinite ammo for the girl's mother, and he can't rationalize it like she is trying to. It doesn't sound like he wants to give her a chance over it anyway.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 4, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

that dude is gonna end up waking up to find his dick's been cut off by his gf, jesus christ
I think he's mentally handicapped. I can't think of any other reason for the post to be structured that way or for the situation to exist as it does.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

I have a terrible personality with no warmth or empathy. How can I score a faultlessly loyal supermodel who will also do my laundry?
My strategy is to get really jacked, make decent money, and to eventually find someone who realizes I care about them even if I kinda suck at some parts of life. With looser requirements and the ability to cook my own food and do my own laundry.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 5, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002
My (24 F) husband (26 M) abruptly adopted a Burmese python. It terrifies me, and I want to rehome it.
Props for the real accurate title.

quote:

Six months ago, our corn snake unexpectedly died. My husband and I were both very upset; he was a cute little guy and still very young. My husband has owned several small reptiles during his lifetime, and he told me he was thinking of trying a milk snake this time instead of a corn or a garter. Instead, two months after our corn died he came home with a baby Burmese python. Apparently it's always been his dream to own a Burmese. Not only am I pissed that he got something like that without consulting me (on the upside, where we live they are legal) but I had several reservations that have only grown since we've owned it.

-I have GAD and that thing triggers my anxiety like no other. When I was doing research about Burmese pythons I kept reading stories about them killing pets, children, and even their owners. So now I'm freaked out and have barely slept for four months. This is made worse by the fact that my husband has no experience with large snakes and the larger the python grows, the more it shows, and also by us having a cat. The other snakes we've had (our corn snake, and my husband's old garter snake) posed no threat but now I constantly worry that the python is going to get out and eat her. I've taken to locking the cat in our bedroom at night, which interferes with our sleep since she meows and scratches at the door, and I constantly worry about her when she's home alone.

-I'll reiterate, this thing is loving huge. He is already 6 feet long.

-I'm home more than my husband so I have to feed it and change its substrates often. I hate doing both. So much. Especially now that he's graduated to eating rabbits and pigs. I honestly think that since my husband bought him without consulting me that caring for it should be his sole job, but I'm not going to let it go hungry or live in its own waste out of pride.

-I honestly don't think we'll be able to give this snake the best quality of life, which I think is essential for all pets. He's getting too big for the tank he's in, which is his third since we've gotten him, and I don't think we have the room in our house for the enclosure my husband wants to build him. His food is very expensive and eating into our savings, but it's what he needs, so we can't downgrade. The python does not deserve to live in a tiny space and eat inadequate food because my husband wanted one as a kid. At the same time it's a good possibility it could eat us out of house and home.

-I don't want kids while we own a python and these things can live up to 20 years. I don't want to never have children, which I've dreamed of, because of a python.

Because of all these reasons, but especially the ones about our cat and its quality of life, I think we should rehome the python, preferably to a wildlife sanctuary or something. I've gently brought all of this up to my husband-how much mental anguish it causes me, how worried I am for our cat, how the snake is unsustainable-and all he's done is tell me to get over it, accuse me of not caring about his happiness, and tell me I'm being prejudiced against animals that aren't cute and cuddly. None of this is true, not even the last accusation, I liked his smaller snakes a lot.

How can I communicate productively with my husband about this issue? He already loves this snake and I think that's getting in the way of him seeing reason.
Next on r/relationships, "my husband's cat died and he came home with a baby tiger."

The follow up post is great too. She moved out while he was at work, had his reptile friend come over and yell at her husband, and everything ended happily ever after after it was rehomed.

Oh yeah, he was feeding it baby pigs. Which are called piglets.

Chichevache posted:

Noble goals, but it's going to hurt real bad when your lack of emotional intimacy leads to her loving someone else.
I was only joking because Pick was joking. Emotional intimacy is great.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Dec 5, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Me [27 M] with my girlfriend [23 F] of 1 year, disapproves of me going to a bachelor party with strippers.

quote:

I went to a bachelor party this past weekend, and the host invited strippers over for entertainment. I told my girlfriend about this because I like to be transparent and honest about everything. And now she things that my friends and I are disgusting people. She told me that she doesn't want to look at me anymore or even be touched by me. What's the best course of action to help heal these wounds. We have been dating for around a year, and have never gotten into a serious conflict like this.

TL;DR went to a bachelor party with strippers, gf angry. How do I make Amands?
I liked this one because when I read the title I thought it was a preemptive veto.

quote:

I told her the nights events. Play by play. We started with video games, played some ping pong, poker. I told her I got quite drunk. Strippers showed up. I felt uncomfortable, hung out back while they did they're thing with the bachelor. That's when she told me I should've have left the party. I told her I didn't know how to react to a situation like that. I told her I didn't do any dances with them, it really isn't my thing. And that she needs to trust me. She said I crossed the line. And should not have been there during the entertainment.
He didn't even know there would be strippers. It wasn't even on the invitation. This post is really funny to me, mostly because it's not my girlfriend of one year. I'm also not a fan of strippers, but I wouldn't leave a bachelor party due to them either. I'd probably do exactly what he did.

Lmao oh my god I would love to crack this person right in the face. I think it would be infinitely worse if it actually happened but we all know it's probably some disgusting, weird slob who just thought about doing it and quietly seethed the whole time.
At the very least, we know they didn't actually say that stuff. I could see the cake pop thing happening. You'd have to be a ridiculously spiteful manchild, but we all know what subreddit it came from.

The weirdest thing about childfree is that so many posters are either adult children or over compensate to a ridiculous degree with pets. I'm probably not having kids. So I'm not judging the choice to not have them. But, basing your identity around that and having similar, exaggerated traits seems so odd to me. Some of them seem to just want to differentiate themselves from or feel superior to people who have children. Which is most people. Also odd to me.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Dec 6, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This one's different but everything is out in the open pretty early.

quote:

I like to be naked in the comfort of my own home. I have some sensory issues where I cannot tolerant the feeling of some materials, and as kid it was a particular struggle to dress. I guess that carried onto adulthood because I still will be naked at any given opportunity.

Several months ago, my younger sister decided that she no longer wanted to live with my parents. My mom is the kind of parent who can be rather suffocating. She really cares for us but has a habit of nagging etc to the point that you just have to get out of the house.

My mom was devastated when my sister moved out, but my dad figured my sister would miss home soon enough and return.

In the meantime, sister has been living with me. She knew I was a nudist before moving in. She's now decided that it's super weird for me to be naked at home and starts screaming at me any time she sees me naked.

The biggest thing seemed to be when she brought her boyfriend over (the source of most of her fights with our mother) and he saw me cleaning while naked. The important note here is that she didn't tell me he was coming over! Of course I would've dressed had I known!

And yes, I know it's not normal but I pay for my house and support myself and feel that I should be able to come home and relax in the way I see fit.

Sister tells me she won't move back home but also won't stand for me to be naked anymore.

My[21F] little sister[16F] has a problem with my nudity
If I were 16 and saw my gf's 21 year old sister naked I would tease her about it forever and at the most inappropriate times.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tom Gorman posted:

She's a...Christmas cake?
It doesn't translate well. In Japan there are a bunch of christmas cakes leading up to christmas. It's like eggnog or candy canes in the US, kinda. It's kind of like angel food cake with strawberries and frosting and stuff. Once Dec. 25 rolls around they go on discount and you stop seeing them shortly after.

The meaning is a woman 25+ is past her prime and not great marriage material.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

/r/relationships: including the testicles and your eyeballs
That reminds me:

quote:

So last month, my girlfriend got in a fight with another girl. The other girl was wearing a ring and got my girlfriend right in the eye and scratched it. It ended up getting infected so it had to be removed. Ever since then she's been avoiding me

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Context was girlfriend is 19 and was a little sister with big brothers big sisters. Former big sister had some alcohol issues, freaked out about 'dykes' and spit on girlfriends face when she reasonably got angry. Girlfriend punches her after getting spit at, girl takes a swing and her ring scratches her eye which then gets infected and has to be removed.

yikes
The actual story is depressing as gently caress, and I haven't found anything depressing in this thread before.

Hopefully they do bring a lawsuit against her and get some compensation. But, an alcoholic big sister who claws a 19 year old's eye out is probably not worth much.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

underage at the vape shop posted:

Its reasonable at any age to be mad someone hosed up your hair in your sleep. That kid sounds like a huge pain.
It's assault. Not even joking. It's legally on the same grounds as punching someone in the face or groping them without their consent. If they took him to civil court rather than criminal they could sue him for battery.

It makes sense that it is too, because if I had hair that took more than a month or two to grow I'd rather get punched in the face than have someone cut it off without my consent.

I'm not advocating getting the courts involved, but I would have said that to my father rather bluntly. The alternative being, they should have roughed up him up a bit.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The problem is that the bride publicly humiliated OP and her boyfriend sat there stonefaced while she left in the rain. It has nothing to do with the wedding setup at all, even if I agree that the bride hosed up in ever doing it that way. The bride's reaction should have been "Oh, sorry for the confusion. Let me get another chair for you." In lieu of that, boyfriend should have stepped up to the plate and done something.
Not going to lie, if I were the boyfriend I would have offered her my seat and just chilled. At the very least. Or we could both have gone to the pub.

Not convinced I'd make a scene or anything. I don't care that much about weddings and stuff and I'll be content either way.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 10, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jeff summary: I hate my girlfriend because she is extremely sexy and kind
Plot twist: The girlfriend wrote this post to mock her boyfriend.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That video is fake as gently caress.Nearly all of the youtube prank videos are fake.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I don't see any nihilism in her post. Just a depressed person. Nihilism has nothing to do with optimism or pessimism.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What's the point of posting it? It's blatantly a personal decision. Don't force her to do something she doesn't want to do, and if you can't handle this then break up. The internet can't help this guy.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [13M] accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself over the phone. My brothers [16] twin idiots are actually making me a tombstone made from wood.
lol
They actually are helping him, because his mother is going to find it amusing and be that weird state of mad but also trying not to laugh.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

quote:

My [16/F] mother [42/F] had sex with one of the boys at my highschool and now everyone is talking about it.

scrubs season six posted:

I lived in SE Alaska for 6 years and with a $1500 snowblower, I actually enjoyed doing it. If I had a 150' driveway I'd probably just buy a four wheeler with a plow blade though.
Yeah. My father used a beatup, unregistered old pickup just to plow his driveway for a while. Now he uses an old rear end riding lawn mower/garden tractor from possibly the 60s or earlier.

Before this he just wouldn't plow the driveway and it turns out a steep hill with a 90 degree turn and lots of trees on the side is not very fun to navigate on a sheet of ice. He'd just park on the street and walk a few hundred feet to his house all god drat winter like a true goon. I guess back before then he was a grown rear end man who would pay someone to plow it.

My neighbor has a snowblower that's alright. He does the old lady next door's house too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 16, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

It's called lying by omission to spare your partner's happiness. If OP's husband actually cares about her and considers her feelings important, he wouldn't tell her about some 22 year old girl he wants to bang. There's no reason to do that whatsoever, unless he's an ultra awkward idiot (bingo) or he's a jerk who wants to make her feel inadequate.

There's nothing wrong with harmless crushes. They're healthy, ordinary, and fine as long as you never act on them. But you never tell your partner. Nothing good will ever come of it. Just like a healthy relationship is about active communication, it's equally about not communicating meaningless, hurtful things to your SO for absolutely no reason.
It should be no big deal to discuss something like that. I could not date an emotional child like that woman.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I don't understand how "Hey honey, I'm madly obsessed with this 22 year old girl at work, but it's okay because I'm quitting my job to get away from her and not cheat on you!" is a discussion.
I kind of missed the quitting the job part. He also brought it up in a ridiculously dramatic way.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

JFairfax posted:

Or Oklahoma and asking for a Tim McVeigh special
This one could be easily misinterpreted.

Tears In A Vial posted:

He is 34 and claims to be a dang elf for crying out loud.
This line is great. That's also one of the most feminine posts written by a man I've ever seen. Except for the last paragraph which is notably more male. No judgment.

edit: vvv I know. I just mean until the last paragraph the writing indicates it's a woman, and not because it mentions "husband". Usually when it's a gay couple the writing is more masculine. I do not even mean the content of the post. I just mean the grammar and word usage.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 20, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

WampaLord posted:

Getting pregnant because you "lost" your birth control pills.

Jesus wept.
How the gently caress do you lose medication? And if you do lose it, you know you aren't taking your pills so you have to be careful. :psyduck:

That's not even the dumbest poo poo in that post. "My place got broken into so I have to live here" what does that even mean?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sinking belle posted:

[Sex Toys] Wife uses vibrator and dildo - but doesn't want to have sex and doesn't want me to use a masturbator toy
What's the takeaway from this post? Relationships are the worst?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bonzo posted:

My [36f] son [15M] threw and stomped on a xbox game he got for christmas because it was not the one he wanted. My husband wants to let it go
This reminds me of the dreamcast. I was 12 and didn't really want a console but kind of wanted a playstation. Anyway, my parents got us a dreamcast around a year after it came out. I remember getting upset about it and saying the dreamcast sucked and would be dead soon. I guess it was well received by my brothers which softened the blow to my parents, but yeah I acted like an rear end in a top hat and feel bad about it to this day. :(

I was ultimately right about the dreamcast dying, but I was wrong in how I acted.

It's kind of weird reading some of these stories because by 15-16 I stopped caring much about gifts and just bought stuff I wanted.

Panfilo posted:

A lot of couples that have separate finances often explain it away by pointing out a big difference in income or money management. This just seems like a red flag, like the trust and power differential between each spouse is so great they need to draw a chalk line in the ground. At best, it's just redundant.
There are plenty of women I've dated that I would never in a million years share finances with. Heck, if I were gay I only know one or two men that I'd share finances with. And even then, being separate has lots of advantages if you have a decent amount of savings, investments, etc.

With that said, I've never been a dick about money and generally just pay for stuff and will never bring it up or expect anything in return or argue about it or let them stress over it. I'd certainly have a shared account too, and the point wouldn't be to "starve" them of money or control them in any way, but lots of people see money spend money and don't get the longterm management of it very well. Especially when they're dealing with spending small portions of a larger sum.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Dec 25, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

purple death ray posted:

jokes on you the dreamcast was a loving sweet rear end console
I had some fun with the dreamcast, that very day in fact playing that one fighting game, but the controllers wrecked my hands and there weren't that many good games.

Panfilo posted:

Sounds like a trust issue to me.
I'm hoping this is a really sweet pun.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 25, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Melchiresa posted:

My [20F] brother [9M] snapped on christmas day. He threw a can at my boyfriend [21M] head told him to kill himself and he's sick of being peoples slave.

If this is real :gonk:
Was the beer on the table, or did he have to go get it from the fridge?

The latter seems inappropriate. The former is no big deal.

He's likely just mimicking someone's behavior from his environment. Or, he really is sick of being forced into doing stuff all the time. I would have guessed he was about 10-11. 9 is close enough.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 27, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

If a guy were watching porn when my family was around, and I saw it, I would say "Why the gently caress are you watching porn you loving scumbag gently caress-o?" and turn to my folks and say, "Can you BELIEVE this piece of poo poo?" and then I'd throw him out because what the hell.
I am not even sure how the idea enters their head.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dicky mouse posted:

There are women who wont date men shorter than them. I know people on both sides of that issue.

manlet most likely is venting his frustrations, and needs to learn how to deal.
I've had women reject me because of my height, and I'm 6'1 so not mutant tall or anything. I've had women reject me because of scars from surgery that are normally obscured by clothing. Can't say I particularly care, though. If someone doesn't like you for something out of your control be glad they didn't waste any more of your time.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

underage at the vape shop posted:

It's funny when fat women do it cause lol they should know better.
If they date someone larger than them they look smaller.

Actually, I have never dated a fat girl because they always reject me. Makes no sense at all imo.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 27, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I legitimately cannot parse this at all, which I'm pretty sure is a massive red flag for "OP's a crazy person"
It's either:

(a) GuyA pretended to like SisterA because he thought he could get with SisterB this way somehow, but now GuyA is marrying SisterA even though he really likes SisterB?
(b) GuyA really liked SisterB and SisterB is getting married to GuyB

I get the hunch it's B and the post makes no god drat sense. If it were A, it'd make a mild amount of sense but that's just not how the post is structured.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 28, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

Bullying is serious and though nine years have passed, those nine years didn't actually resolve their differences just put them on hiatus.
He probably feels bad about what he did and being nice without bringing it up is him trying to get things going on the right foot. The workplace doesn't seem appropriate for a heart2heart, and she hasn't actually brought it up with him yet for him to formally apologize.

I don't get why she blames him for all that negative stuff in high school though. She tried to screw him out of a grade on a group project, and instead of talking to her crush she just let him think that she had something going on with that guy instead? A whole lot of this seems to be on her. Including still caring about it nine years later.

I'd have a ton more sympathy for vicious rumors and/or her being ostracized. Instead it sounds like she annoyed a petty teenager by trying to be petty over a grade, he talked some poo poo whenever he saw her as people who don't like each other as kids/teens tend to do, and she's blaming her introversion/shortcomings on these events. It's even spilling over into modern day: she can't even talk with him or her boss about it.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tactlessbastard posted:

I still don't understand why twitch is a thing. Who the hell wants to watch someone else play video games?
It's the same reason tv stations exist in 2016? A never ending stream of content that you can pay attention to while doing other things. And twitch is ad-free with tons of fresh, fun content? While tv stations are reruns, 40% commercials, and don't even have great programming at all hours. On top of that, twitch broadcasters directly interact with viewers and communities form in the chat rooms. To the extent that twitch and discord are the irc of 2016.