Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
DOWN his rear end? Up I'd get, but this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Putty posted:

normal people have their assholes located on the lower part of their body rather than the top

Stop shoving your body norms up my throat.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Improbable Lobster posted:

People always use it incorrectly too

I love it when someone other than me points this out, because I feel like people need to know that but hate having to be the one to explain it/come up with examples on the spot.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Every morning I'm at Cracker Barrel ordering myself a nice sit-down meal / 7000 calories plus bacon grease for dipping, 'round there I'm a big-rear end deal.

(Thanks, Sugar Ray. I guess.)

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Torquemada posted:

No kidding, someone just dropped "reaping the masturbatory whirlwind" in one of the other threads I'm following.

Did someone call down the thunder of bean-flickery?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Parallel universe goon: Please give us as thorough a sample of the other world's dialect as possible. I understand you may not spell everything "correctly" but syntax/usage should be pretty on point if you learned enough that you occasionally slip into using it.

Language experts would, at the very least, be able to verify that it seems like a plausible, cohesive dialect and that it isn't currently in use on THIS earth.

burial fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 23, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Fintilgin posted:

Dear Harvard Linguistics Expert,

Enclosed is a post from the something awful dot com forums...

Hey, now. There are probably people on the forums already that are semi-qualified to do this sort of analysis. DON'T RUIN THIS.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

I lost my virginity to Nine Inch Nail's Pretty Hate Machine. :smug:

gently caress, I did too.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

My wife and I don't make a habit out of hanging out with opposite-gendered folks solo. It's not, like, official policy or anything and it's no big deal if some set of circumstances comes into play and it winds up happening, but that's just sort of how it worked out/the most mutually comfortable option. It's been 8ish years and I don't think either one of us is unhappy with the arrangement. I guess I can see how some people might be though. :shrug:

It helps that neither one of us is super social to begin with.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah but you probably wouldn't turn down a ride just because it'd be a woman driving, right?

Oh, gently caress no. That falls under circumstances/things happen. Similarly, nobody would freak out if opposite gender person stopped by to see us and only one of us was home. We aren't THAT weird. I hope.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Gruff as hell. Jeez.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

edit: /\/\/\ drat you!/\/\/\

Dude sounds gruff as hell.

Sorry! It's clearly the perfect response. And it was amusing. I haven't thought about that story in forever.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Don't we? Maybe some people were just born with these sorts of inclinations. Maybe some people can't HELP IT.

e: In case it wasn't clear, I'm talking about the inclination to discuss things better left way alone.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

You're right, I misread that. Yeah dump people if they gently caress their ex when they're with you.

Wait, this still isn't right, is it? I didn't have anything to do with this so if you intentionally misunderstood to hurt somebody, well, you missed and made me sad by mistake.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Now I'm confused.

I read the original statement as "If somebody has ever cheated on a partner, you can never trust them again". I said that was stupid because something that occurred far in the past when you weren't around doesn't mean someone should be branded "irredeemable cheater" for life.

The actual statement was "If your current SO cheats on you with their ex, you can't trust them", which I agree with and think that is grounds for break up because somebody sleeping with their ex means they still have feelings for them and don't respect you.

KomodoWagon posted:

No, the actual statement was "if someone cheats on their ex (at the time their SO) with YOU, it is a bad idea to pursue a relationship with that person." Hope your evening reading classes work out.

This is what I understood it to mean. If someone will cheat with you, they'll eventually cheat on you. It's been true in my experience, mostly.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I have a feeling peg legs are going to be far more common if this is the primary place the pirate fleet is drawing on for members.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Jew it to it! posted:

That's not wood you're tapping on, matey.

Way to ruin the surprise. Also, diabetes-related foot loss is, I assume, serious business, that's all.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Sky pirate jokes. Let's get this right.

Don Carnage: cool or lame?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I'm just feeling this out. For some reason, I worried that question could only be answered in a horrible way.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I use the crosswalk but I mash the button really vigorously.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Post the number loq!

edit:
or PM it to me

I kind of want it too. I could do with the government getting all up in my fries.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Netflix and Chill

I think there was some discussion about this phrase in the /r/relationships thread recently wherein some kid (and me!) learned that this is apparently not literal and actually is just code for casual bonin'. Which meaning were YOU going for? 'cause either (or both!) would work.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Inescapable Duck posted:

What the gently caress is it with american toilets where the bowl is apparently full to the rim all the time

Is this about the dudes claiming that sitting down results in ball/dick dunking? because I'm equally confused. As an american and a male with a pretty ok package, I can't figure out the logistics there either.

Do some people have truck nutz for actual testicles or?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean under the same principle swirlies would be near impossible in their traditional sense in Australian toilets because unless something has gone very wrong with the plumbing they water level is never anywhere near that high (let alone our arcane flushing magic)

I've never seen a toilet that wasn't clogged be more than a third full at most.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Fartbox posted:

15 and 16 is legal in most of europe so

a 17 year old hoking up with a 14 year old IS still strange though, simply because most 14 year olds are still really childish while 17 year olds are usually starting to reach that adult pleateu

I'd say that if he felt a little weird about it/broke up with her after he found out she was lying about her age, "starting to reach that adult plateau" describes perfectly what was going on there. (The "starting to" is a really important bit.)

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I wear togas. Well, a toga. And not at parties - just in general. It's gold and I think it was my mother's.

Everyone thinks I'm delightful. Or at least "delightfully eccentric."

All of that is cool, right? Everything I just typed is cool?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

got any sevens posted:

Life is a banquet and some people are starving

I have no choice but to take that as a "yes."

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I think the idea is that if you had, you wouldn't be recommending such a potentially disastrous course of action? but that's just me, offering my completely unsolicited observation of the exchange and what I figure was meant based on context.

Also, I'm probably right. I think that's some number of points in my favour.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Jastiger posted:

I don't see how that follows. Wouldn't it follow that maybe I HAD and didn't have any disastrous outcomes?

Speculating, again, but wasn't the implication that the only way to avoid the near-inevitable unrequited affection likely resulting from the casual loving of a desperate and/or really into you co-worker is to head it off by being a really unsatisfying lay?

I mean, that could maybe lead to non-disastrous outcomes but it doesn't make you look great. I AM NOT SAYING YOU AREN'T GREAT, I'm just interpreting.

e: Beaten, and without having to use even one 43-word sentence.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

limp_cheese posted:

What about if you are your own grandpa?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWJAbl_lV5A

This is the first time maybe ever that somebody posted a vaguely-described youtube link on these forums and I both a) knew FOR SURE exactly what it was going to be and b) was really happy to be right.

Thank-you is what I'm saying.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Gynovore posted:

I expected it to be Futurama.

But you were wrong. You were wrong and I was happy.

OH LIMP_CHEESE, YOU ARE NATURE'S GREATEST WONDER.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Nocheez posted:

I believe the Sheik one, only because I listened to a story on The Moth's podcast about a girl who flew in and was basically a high-class hooker for these guys. They have limitless money and can buy anything they want - even their way out of trouble. They are some of the most disgusting people in the world - claiming religious high ground while flagrantly doing whatever they feel like.

I heard that one a long while ago. I recall that it was well-told and, therefore, kind of upsetting? but I may be exaggerating the details in my head.

I did know a guy back in college that may or may not have had some part in that whole world though. He was quite a bit older (30ish) and married to an Indian lady. He claimed her parents were insanely wealthy - either magnates or royalty of some kind. Told me stories about their trips overseas to visit, talked about the perks of having married hyper-rich, etc. I'd say he was completely bullshitting me except once I actually went to his house and met her/saw all of his incredibly expensive poo poo firsthand. It was odd.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

You could have just asked me I MEAN THE HOT GIRL IN THE VIDEO to reshoot. Just saying.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Theophany posted:

Eh, Sam ran a bar in Cheers and that worked out just fine.

Yeah! He only backslid, what, once? Twice?

...Oh.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I thought the coldest part of any given witch was the tit?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

…not at the end of SApril?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

Listen here, fruit-boots, I don’t much like you making GBS threads up this thread with your hilarious antics.

Except maybe I do?

burial
Sep 13, 2002

All and any of your antics are fine by me, eff dash bee. Especially since I’m way too low-profile to be yourthe Master Manipulation Unit’s target.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

fruit on the bottom posted:

But you’re also a man so how can you be mansplained to?

mods puppetmaster(s)???

Mansplaining is just when somebody (a man, I guess?) explains something in a way you don’t like, isn’t it? I’m so confused.

burial fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

I KNEW it.