Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

What the gently caress do you do for work that you don't get in early and work your rear end off all day?

E: yeah I think I'll give the morning workout a try for a week or two. I do have a fairly physical job (it varies sometimes) so we'll see how I fare.

Going to bed early sucks but it’s one of the most important things you can do if you want to at all maintain going that early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good lord... I'm a fan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol spin lift.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I went to the gym today.

Ok that’s a lie I’m still at the gym today.

I shouldn’t complain about the weather but it’s loving 80 degrees at 10:30 and the gym is hot as gently caress.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Don’t doxx me bro.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I went to the gym then came home and finally moved my home “gym” from the spare room to the garage.

I’d like to get a bench eventually if I can get a good price on one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

nooneofconsequence posted:

I think you need more weights.

Yeah.

There are some DBs in the back that I need to get a rack for.

I try and wait till I can get them for $0.50 a LB on amazon.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

Do farmer's walks too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Went to the gym this morning at my normal 4 am. It sucked like it always does.

Pro snack for the day though, Cottage cheese seasoned with Tajin. loving great.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

World's Strongest Man goes clothes shopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIkr3z6zP8c

I love this guys videos.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

VorpalFish posted:

I strained my wrist doing OHP on Wednesday and it still hurts too much to hold the rack position for front squats.

Is this disappointment or relief?

Does it hurt if you do the crossed arms front squat?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Strict pressing a plate for reps feels good. I know it ain’t poo poo but drat if it didn’t take me a long rear end time to do it lol.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

doverhog posted:

I've not gone to the gym to start deadlifting yet, hard days at work and "busy" on the days off. Need to go there during office hours to get a keycard and I a guess need to buy gym shoes first too.

Just get chucks or something with a flat sole 🤷🏻‍♂️ you ain’t gotta break the bank for anything

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yoga is pretty legit for lifting. I used to do it 2x a week and it seriously helped with all my mobility. Not the hippy dippy yoga though. Doing like a power / flow yoga class is a great rest day activity.

Also all the hot women.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

This is what I'm starting to do on Sunday afternoon/evenings now that I'm back in shape. The mobility helps, the single women/thirsty moms help more.

For real.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

all my injuries have come from yoga :( 30 year old crumbling body...

Not trying to be a dick but what the gently caress are you doing in yoga of all things to hurt your self? I'm in my late 30s and did yoga for years and never hurt my self.

Are you sure you were doing it right?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Goat yoga can be dangerous they can kick you in the face

yeah but they are like baby goats.

Also goats are assholes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fallows posted:

Yeah I really need some good wireless earphones. I go through 20 dollar skull candy corded ones about once a month because the plug always breaks from being in my pocket at work from getting down on my knees/sitting on the floor a lot. And I don't use earphones now at the gym because of the wires.

https://www.amazon.com/Bose-SoundSp...2Bwireless&th=1

These the ones you got? I didn't know they made wireless with actually no wire around your neck.

If you have an iPhone AirPods for lyfe.

Not having a wire is amazing really.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

KinkyJohn posted:

Bose soundsport sits well and has great sound. The iphone airpods are a bit iffy with sound quality and have a tendency to fall out of people’s ears

I’ve never had mine fall out doing anything from running to lifting to whatever else.

Yeah they aren’t perfect for everyone but they are drat good for most people.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sludge Tank posted:

also holy gently caress i got to try out one of those Tim Tam theraguns the other day and gently caress they are amazing
never could anticipated they feel as loving incredible as they do. but lol gently caress paying $700 for one. a local guy makes jigsaw attachments out of golf balls so grabbing one of those instead.

10/10 muscle orgasmic feels

I made one of those Jigsaw guns and I think it cost me about $90 total. I have a lacrosse ball and golf ball attachments and they both work great.

Its super simple to make one.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My local dairy sells an eggnog that is $2.99 for a quarter gallon, which contains 8 servings and a total of 2000 kcal. I'm using it for gainer this month and next. It's also delicious!

Add some kraken and you’ll be cracking.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MikeCrotch posted:

Don't drink alcohol after a workout tho it's muscle poison

Well when the gently caress am I supposed to drink?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Motherfucker what did I just witness??

Jesus. That was like nothing too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I went to the gym today.

I came home and folded a frying pan like a burrito just to see if I could ( I was gonna toss it anyway).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

Are 99% of Instagram accounts just reposting other people's content?

Yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It’s pretty good. It’s kinda sad what he’s done to him self though.

He seems like a really nice guy.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sup did everyone give up after thanksgiving?

I’m still here grinding away at 4am every drat day.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mustached Demon posted:

I signed up for my first competition. It's only for people who don't have an official total logged or haven't totalled in over a year. With any luck, I won't make a complete rear end out of myself in comparison to the other 109kg dudes. I'm just going for a total and the experience anyhow.

Now to get down to 109kg....

Nice congrats! How long do you have?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Heck naw, I had a decent test week. Had 185x8+ on bench, I really wanted 10 and failed the 10th rep right at lockout somehow, but 9 was still progress. Then I had 225x8+ on squats and knocked out 12 and then tapped out. And then I uploaded my legging butt picture to Tinder and I'm talking to like 5 or 6 girls right now so it's exciting times for triple d.

Hell yeah my man. :hfive:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dads friend steve posted:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/trap-bar-deadlifts/
They’re pretty good. I find them more comfortable myself

TLDR trap bar deadlifts are great and do them if they work better for you since most of us aren’t going to compete anyway.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Khorne posted:

What should I make for my work's pot luck? Someone is already bringing banana bread, and they've banned nuts and durians so that rules out the most obvious three picks.
It takes me a minimum of 6 months to go from "gently caress I'm fat" to actually losing weight, and the first step is to stop buying and making sugary junk food. I still eat large amounts of food and gain a bit more weight before the real weight loss starts.

Roasted Brussel sprouts yo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a dumb question but does anyone have a good meat thermometer that they like? I have this Webber one but it keeps loving up and I’d rather not die from eating undercooked chicken.

TIA.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

I'm making Sous Vide chicken right now. Thighs with no skin. :discourse:

You should Sous Vide.

Can I Sous Vide 4lbs at a time?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guyver posted:

Only 4lbs?

Get a Thermapen or Thermapop.

Thank you!

Yeah I need more glass pans.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A 135 OHP for a woman is pretty loving strong.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

oh i absolutely asked for proof.

she doesn't have a squat video but she showed me one of her push pressing 135x3 without a front rack

when i was like "my god woman use a front rack" she asked "what's that?"

so now she just wants to get margs and talk lifting.

How is she doing it then? Cleaning it up?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feelix posted:

I have bad news for you, based on how dumb that is, she probably does CrossFit

lol there is no way she does crossfit because CF won't get anyone that strong lol

Seriously though a 135 OHP is like in the top 5% of all female athletes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dads friend steve posted:

This. There’s only one dude at my suburban rear end gym I’ve seen ohp 135 and he’s v big

I've got women at my gym who compete and I don't think any of them can do 135 and they are pretty strong women.

:shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

barkbell posted:

Increasing my OHP has given more strength in my upper body than increasing my bench. It’s a good lift

Not empty quoting because the OHP is a great lift that people should be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

So turns out this girl meant push press.

Also absolutely believe she’s hit 275.

So much rear end thoooooooooo

135 push press is still nothing to sneeze at.