Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Cosmik Slop posted:

Not much, what's up with you? XD

My ligma's been acting up lately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/YN2VNfd.mp4

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

collagen for their protein which is worthless for muscles

what

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

turd in my singlet posted:

collagen has very low BCAA content (BCAAs are the part of protein that triggers muscle protein synthesis)

thought this sounded like some bro science so i went searching and found a review of the literature from 2017 which says the following

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5568273/ posted:

The branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) are leucine, valine and isoleucine. A multi-million dollar industry of nutritional supplements has grown around the concept that dietary supplements of BCAAs alone produce an anabolic response in humans driven by a stimulation of muscle protein synthesis. In this brief review the theoretical and empirical bases for that claim are discussed. Theoretically, the maximal stimulation of muscle protein synthesis in the post-absorptive state in response to BCAAs alone is the difference between muscle protein breakdown and muscle protein synthesis (about 30% greater than synthesis), because the other EAAs required for synthesis of new protein can only be derived from muscle protein breakdown. Realistically, a maximal increase in muscle protein synthesis of 30% is an over-estimate because the obligatory oxidation of EAAs can never be completely suppressed. An extensive search of the literature has revealed no studies in human subjects in which the response of muscle protein synthesis to orally-ingested BCAAs alone was quantified, and only two studies in which the effect of intravenously infused BCAAs alone was assessed. Both of these intravenous infusion studies found that BCAAs decreased muscle protein synthesis as well as protein breakdown, meaning a decrease in muscle protein turnover. The catabolic state in which the rate of muscle protein breakdown exceeded the rate of muscle protein synthesis persisted during BCAA infusion. We conclude that the claim that consumption of dietary BCAAs stimulates muscle protein synthesis or produces an anabolic response in human subjects is unwarranted.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Guyver posted:

They're talking about taking supplemental BCAAs in absence of other EAAs. What turd is talking about is leucine triggering MPS which there is plenty of evidence for. Even if ingesting BCAAs trigger MPS if the body doesn't have anything to work with it's meaningless.

thing is, unless all you're eating is collagen, you're getting enough bcaa's from other food sources so i'm still not getting why the amino acid make up of collagen is a reason to avoid it

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

doverhog posted:

There was a large Finnish study over decades that concluded that sauna, specifically a Finnish sauna, statistically reduces mortality and improves several health indicators.

i see no possible conflicts of interest here

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
eat the skin

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Collapsing Farts posted:

What are the principles, comrade?

KILL, MAIM, POST

KILL, MAIM, POST

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Constipated posted:

Sooo I have a dislocated/subluxated rib next to my sternum on the right side. Anyone ever deal with something like this? It happened two nights ago, when I was bent over moving my plates around at the start of a workout. There wasn't a pop or anything, it just kinda started hurting really bad. I have full lung capacity, doesn't really interfere with that. As long as I keep thoracic extension I'm fine, but when I roll my shoulders forward, or bend down thats when it gets pretty uncomfortable.

I would like to solve this issue myself but realistically I know I should probably get it checked out. I'd just really like to avoid a big medical bill for something this stupid. :911:

eat more fish antibiotics, amerikaner

also salami

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
no.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/XGqDcMz.mp4

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

How the hell did this synthol nonsense start anyways? It's not like steroids are hard to get. I'm pretty sure they're safer than injecting gallons on random goo into yourself.

what if you want to make only one particular muscle really big

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Alpha male is not merely another dictionary word since it's actually two dictionary words

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Could one just walk around doing whatever while wearing a weight vest to simulate being a fat guy and thus gain their power?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Did you ask him what makes him particularly deserving of Christ's personal protection in comparison to all the other Christians who've so far died of the rona?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
a crossfit gym in my city had 10 people who tested positive for the covid recently. 300 more were put in quarantine as a result

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

yep

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
goon meat

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

abgushte badamjan posted:

I have had the same pair of Romaleos 2 since like 2015 and due to poor planning and preparation have been stuck wearing them for CrossFit warmups that involve jogging, which was kinda unpleasant, and WODs that involve skipping rope, which was okay actually.

sir, i'm gonna have to ask you to read the thread title

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Neck is easy as poo poo to train just do front, back, and side "neck crunches" laying on a flat bench with some small plates. Idk who needs to hear this but you do not need a $300 stupid hat to train neck. If you're bored of neck crunches you can get a $15 stupid hat in the form of a neck harness

______/

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
my balls feel fine

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Batterypowered7 posted:

Injured something in my upper back (rhomboid?), near my right scapula. Now I can't turn my head to the right without experiencing an extremely sharp pain. This happens like two or three times a year and always takes a few days to fully clear up.

just turn the other cheek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
How the hell am I going to channel the power of Gaia through my feet if I wear shoes, idiot