Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Zzulu posted:

gross ears

Is this another core exercise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Khorne posted:

why do pushups destroy my delts, what dumb thing am I doing

Try varying your hand position and orientation.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I broke my ribs about three weeks ago and decided to get back in the gym and do a light dumbbell whole body workout.

Do not recommend, holy poo poo.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I cant believe a 100kg oly lifting plate is anything other than eleiko showing off. loving osmium granulations lol.

If it has the same dimensions as the 25kg plate it will probably go straight through the platform when dropped from overhead.

On second thoughts, compulsory 100kg plate in the Olympics.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

feelix posted:

Isn't it crazy how basically nothing bad can happen to your upper back

I can't think of a single common sports injury that affects the scapula or thoracic spine

Wish the rest of the body was like that

Rhomboid strains are very common and very annoying.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

B-Rock452 posted:

The guy that ran Chaos and Pain workout supplements used to work out at my old gym and he was pretty much exactly what you would expect from a guy that sells products cslled "cannibal agro" and "cannibal kraken"

The second formulation of cannibal ferox was my favourite ever preworkout. It had 450mmg of caffeine in one scoop.

Then they changed the formula and it was poo poo.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

nooneofconsequence posted:

:magical:

I wonder if surgeons get psyched for poo poo like that.

No. Most hospital doctors have seen and done most things many times. Two broken knees / ruptured quads is not interesting.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Fallows posted:

Anyone know a good core exercise that hits the bottom muscles in your abdomen that doing stomach vacuums works? Hope this makes sense i cant figure out a way to activate my lower abs other than doing the vacs

Leg raises and hanging knee/leg raises for working the lower abs.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Pee is stored in the kettlebell.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Aside from "snatches aren't deadlifts" you answered your own question. Same reason I can back squat way more than I can with an SSB.

Having recently got a SSB I was amazed at how much weaker I was compared to back squats with a normal bar.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Eddie vs Thor doesn't get a single post. What's become of swole goons

I've seen 2 minutes of highlights. It seemed better than I expected but I'd rather watch boxers box.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Violator posted:

What actually happened? The video above wasn't super clear describing it and there's no chance in hell I'm watching the actual video.

I've heard of professional wrestlers have internal decapitations from years of being dropped on their heads weakening their spine.

I once had a patient with this. He was hit by a van trying to escape the cops.

Which was pointless because he was wearing an ankle tag.

(I called it atlantooccipital dislocation though because I am cool.)

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

feelix posted:

So what was that patient's outcome? I assume he was still alive when you encountered him since corpses aren't usually referred to as "patient"

He died about ten minutes after we made the diagnosis.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

every day can be leg day

No need to rub it in.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

I prefer figure of eight straps to normal straps and also versa grips are worth considering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Lifting light weights slowly is unlikely to make you strong and fast.