Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

FirstAidKite posted:

What is everybody else up to?

I've been meaning to expose myself to more American games so I booted up the original Uncharted off the Nathan Drake Collection. It's pretty neat so far, though pressing X every time to jump off cliffs and grab ledges can get annoying and I hope they fixed it to a Zelda-style auto-jump in later games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

thank you, shaq

I'm so glad that Nairo gets a kiss from Shaquille O'Neal

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

idk I liked the new Plinkett review even if he spent longer than necessary on Star Wars' resurgence. He brings up a few good points on how to make Force Awakens better and I found myself agreeing with him a bit

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

In Training posted:

Star Wars sucks lol.

Star Wars is good, actually

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

CJacobs posted:

If I can't think of anything I always go with the good ol standby of Nothing But The

Replace "The" with "Luigi" and put "Ain't" before "Nothing" to get "Ain't Nothing But Luigi"

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Where the gently caress is the NX

Don't you see? The NX was inside you all along!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Man Wolf Among Us 2 took quite a different direction

(I beat Wolf Among Us last night by the way, pretty good game)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Were u a nice wolf or a mean wolf.

I was good dog, best friend, though I did burn the tree and leave Georgie to die

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Phantasium posted:

I feel really old today so thread, tell me about a game you were obsessed with when you were little.

Oh boy, do I have a lot of these to talk about

-I always wanted a copy of Yoshi's Island to rent or just to have
-You couldn't pull me away from Banjo-Kazooie whenever I played it, it was the bee's knees
-I remember I was always asking this one kid to lend me his copy of Super Mario RPG, then eventually he just gave it to me for free
-Any sort of Pokemon game I got my hands on was something I played for hours on end
-Paper Mario 1 and 2 were other Mario RPGs I was completely obsessed over, along with the first Mario & Luigi game
-Yoshi's Story was always something I played since I didn't have Yoshi's Island growing up until much later, but I loved it just as much

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/VOOK64/status/787668511300517890

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

I feel like I'm the only person in the world who really didn't care for Season 1.

I've never even finished Walking Dead Season 1 because it runs like dogshit on my computer, and nowadays I don't really care to go back and finish it

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

COME ALL YE FAITHFUL

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I can't believe he's gonna be 25 years old next year. They grow up so fast...

Currently my favorite Kirby game is Planet Robobot, though I also really like Air Ride and Nightmare in Dream Land

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Looper posted:

I agree with this

Alternatively just have your characters talk over gameplay if you want something more conversational. Kid Icarus Uprising manages to throw a whole lot of words at you without taking away control very often

I honestly don't know why more action games don't do this. You can have tons of text about lore and plot development without having to constantly break up the action

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I only finished two games this month, but if I had to choose, probably Wolf Among Us. It's the first Telltale game I've ever beaten and I had a real fun time with it

As far as unfinished games go I've been replaying Bayo 1 on Wii U, and aside from banging my head against chapter 5 for two and a half hours it's just as good as I remember it. My favorite of the Nintendo costumes they added to the game is the Samus costume since you can mess around with the visor in-game and in cutscenes by holding down on the d-pad and it's hilarious

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

What are good YouTube videos to whittle away my workday with? My workload has been very light as of late and I spend most of the day on SA or watching tutorials of pinball tables. Taking recommendations for funny or entertaining videos or creators that I could spend an hour or so watching to make the part of my work day I spend without work go a little faster.

There's an entire collection of Space Ghost Coast to Coast episodes somewhere on YouTube, they're great for passing the time with

Alternatively, Super Best Friends Play is always a fun time, they just tend to have extra long videos a lot of the time on their channel

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

This is one of the worst things I've ever read

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Both Mario Galaxies are amazing and trying to decide which one is better is an impossible task for me, so I just consolidate them into one when I talk about them

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Who's saying Doom 2016 is slow. Game is fast as gently caress (and also super good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Every time I tried to follow a KungFuJesus LP of XIII-2 or Lightning Returns I get lost and turned off by the nonsense story and how it barely gives you any direction

World of Final Fantasy looks super cool though and I would get it if I wasn't drowning in RPGs at the moment

• Locked thread