Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I really like how the main battleships are as nimble as mobile armours in this series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

What happened to mika's right arm? I've been noticing it (and what posters mentioned about it) but can't remember why it was injured to begin with.

He basically gave himself a stroke by going full-throttle with the Barbatos's AV system in the first series finale. His right eye is also knackered and only works when he's plugged into Barbatos.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Mordja posted:

I noticed that, outside of splashing the missile boat, Gali seemed to be explicitly avoiding killshots when he fought, instead stabbing heads or to the side of the cockpits. I wonder if this reflects on his new ethos or whether it was just the mandate for the operation.

Pretty sure those suits are the same as the Dawn Horizon pirates, and they had their cockpits in the head. It's grunt kebab for tea tonight.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Vidar has two of the red eye things in the suit, and his helmet has four eyes. And the cables coming out of the equipment look the same as the Alaya-Vijnana ones that connect to a pilot's spine. I think they've got a Pacific Rim-drift thing going on with whatever they scraped out of Graze Ein's cockpit.

jackhunter64 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Dec 11, 2016

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

Lol at Yamagi being all professional while sitting in Shino's lap.

Lemon-Lime posted:

And blushing a lot. :3:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

We need a 'Muscle Unit' gangtag.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

an extra set of folding sub-arms with an unknown purpose in its forearms.

They'll be for crushing cockpits, literally everything in this show is.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

He's gonna get the big scissors.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Even if new Kimaris doesn't have a Dainsleif, someone's definitely using one tomorrow. You get a war crime, and you get a war crime, everyone gets a war crime!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

:smith:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's not how a dramatic all-or-nothing final shot is supposed to go at all :ohdear:. What actually dinged the barrel, the Barbatos' tail spike?

Julieta's blade-whip thing, Mika was a split second too late to stop her.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

This is a world without beam rifles and particle cannons after all. When there's nothing like Freedom Gundam beam-spamming or a giant colony laser, a barrage of railguns really is a Big Deal. There's also a bit more focus on the horrifying after-effects of trying to escape from a sinking ship in space, normally these sorts of series-end megaweapons just vapourise everything they hit.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

revdrkevind posted:

So uh... how is Julieta in a non-Zero-System MS going toe to toe with Mikazuki in the Legit A Mobile Armor Plus Zero System?

The really weird thing about the Reginlaze Julia is just how massive it is. It's ten metres taller than the regular model, and even accounting for the longer feet and the shoulderpad things that's a big gently caress-off monster for a 'normal' non-AV pilot. It's even bigger than the Graze Ein. And from the look of the preview for this week's episode, it gets completely busted up, so this is probably the point where Julieta asks if there's any spare bits of Ein's brain left for her when they rebuild her suit.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/koni_ko222/status/838305941258895362

I hope Yamagi gets through the rest of the series alive so he can make ice flowers for Shino.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Isurigi: You could never understand the hardships of those born in the colonies that drove us to rebellion

Galigali: I do understand, thanks to my vampiric connection to a dead lowborn's brain. Now to return to the fleet which set-up and massacred a bunch of colony citizens last year

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Orga's pleading phone call sounding a lot like Jasley's final words. :ohdear:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Psycho Landlord posted:

Sure, they were both reduced to begging in the end, but what they were begging for can't really be equated.
This was more what I was getting at, with the cutting off of hands and heads a thousand times stuff.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Caros posted:

So are you blood hungry monsters who complained about the low death count in season one satisfied now?

Because I'm not. :smithicide:

It would be nice if just one of Team ~Rustal-sama~ would snuff it for once.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

This is barrelling towards a really disappointing ending unless there's a big old pile of Arianrod corpses at the end of next week. I know the setting of the show is an absolutely unjust world, but no-one on that side deserves any of their victories.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Well they kind of deserve it in that they utterly outplayed their enemies.

I guess, but everything keeps lining up for them against the odds (Iok's continued survival, Julieta's millisecond perfect timing shot against Shino, the hit on Orga being unplanned but working out for them). It's just really unsatisfying for another episode to end with 'war orphans get stomped but the paedophile-enabling aristos pull it out of the bag yet again'.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Getting this framed and keeping it on the bedside cabinet so I can look at it and smile before going to bed every night:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

AtheistMantis posted:

Who the hell was that blonde mechanic in the ending?

Yep. And look at the symbol on his jacket. :unsmith:

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

I think one thing we can all definitely agree on is that this series had a really good soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM62_ot7rdc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

He's a pampered aristocrat who got all of his own men killed by the mobile armour on Mars out of lordly pride, as well as all the civilians in the farming fields. Then he followed it up by using this world's equivalent of napalm or poison gas on transport ships and escape pods while ignoring their surrender attempt. He ends up being the embodiment of the self-righteous cruelty of Gjallarhorn, so he had to get the guillotine.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah, that. ^^^

• Locked thread