Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

is there any way to reset your skill points?
Yes: in each faction capital there is a temple with two altars that allow you to respec your attribute points and choose between resetting your skills or just the morphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Hey Scy, do you have any advice on how to level and spec a Dragonknight for stamina damage?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Look at Stam Sorc guide, replace Surge with Vigor, Blood Craze, and Bloodthirst. Add in Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Volatile Armor, and Standard of Might where appropriate. Roll 2-Handed and Sword and Shield if you want to PvP.
Thank you!
Now, for another one: I've got a non-goon friend who is looking for a tanking build that can still deal some damage if needs for her Dragonknight; what would you suggest?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Thanks, I'll tell my friend about it!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Davoren posted:

Man the thieves guild quest line in this is really good huh? On the surface it has a lot of the same elements as Skyrims, but it just blows their thieves guild out of the water.
It's what happens when you have writers that are good/not forced to cobble together what they already had to meet deadlines.
And since this is an MMO, you expect that the quests would take you into dungeons, but despite this they still present a better thieving experience than the TG in Skyrim did. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

dromal phrenia posted:

speaking of, is there a comprehensive list of emotes? i feel like there are an insane number of animations
The in-game F1 Help menu has a section where it lists all of the emotes ordered in sub-categories.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

quote:

Unlocking chests during a heist will no longer reveal you from stealth
It only took them almost a year to fix that. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I admit being tempted to assist with an LP project for ESO, though I won't be able to do anything for a couple of weeks and have zero writing talent to make it interesting. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Aquila posted:

I started about a week ago and find the amount of open world exploration stuff to be overwhelming, in a good way. Each zone is just packed with poo poo to do and with scaling the game is basically levelless so you can go anywhere.
Also the level designers have added small hidden areas everywhere that quests will never take a player directly there and they usually have hidden loot chests or heavy bags so that exploration is also rewarded with actual goodies.
It's clear the designers have put a fair amount of effort in building the game world. :shobon:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Aramek posted:

I think they called it "Space Bushido" in EVE, and it was just as stupid.
I recall reading that "E-Bushido" was something that was coined with the Mechwarrior series in the latter '90s. :v:

extra row of teeth posted:

This was loving hilarious, the experience points lost were well worth the comedy. Proof that no matter how many layers of kid gloves modern MMOs try to put on PvE mechanics, the potential to grief is always there :allears:
The best part is that, unless it was changed, there are a few ways of preventing this: if any of the pubbies had healed one of them, they would've gotten full credit for all the mob kills. But they decided to rage in chat instead. :downs:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.twitch.tv/bethesda
Stream begins in less than a minute as of this post. :woop:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

A word of caution that Stay-Moist mansion does not have a level floor, and I assume the same holds true for the other Argonian and Bosmer houses at least. It is completely impossible for me to place a carpet without having it either clip through the floor or hover a few inches above it. :(
A possible workaround until Zenimax improves this is to disable"Surface Drag Mode" so that you can set the height with your mousewheel and look controls. It takes a bit of practice, but it should allow you to have the carpet be as close as possible to the floor so that it looks decent.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Alexander DeLarge posted:

You can... But you can't use those characters. I understand Oceanic users joining the US servers but I wouldn't recommend switching over from EU.
On the other hand if he wants to play with goons (which I recommend) switching is the main option since I don't believe there are many playing on the EU server and if he didn't buy anything in the Crowns store the only loss is having to level a new character.
That said latency is rarely a big issue on US playing from EU.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sogol posted:

Yeh, I feel this is the best crafting system I have ever encountered in an MMO.
Agreed.
I do wish the research timers wouldn't take up to a month to research the last couple of traits for one item, but aside from that I really like the way crafting was handled.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

I doubt it works as a hook—if I'm losing interest, being able to craft a few more equipment sets certainly isn't going to pull me back in a few weeks. It almost feels like the sort of design decision intended to get you to spend real money to work around it, except you can't.
I suspect it's a carryover from when the game was full-on subscription-based.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Scyantific posted:

Morrowind Gameplay Trailer coming through!

https://youtu.be/HVdzUBwA4-k
I really don't like the "generic 'epic' trailer" editing they did, but what is there to see looks really good. Especially the cliffracer to the troll's face. :v:

Sky Shadowing posted:

Nerevar Rising still punches me in the feels every single time.
Also very much this.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Can't say I'm not excited, but it's kind of weird to see Seyda Neen show up with the exact same imperial architecture it had in Morrowind. It shouldn't even exist yet! :spergin:
In the livestream Bethesda did the other week, they asked two level designers about it and they explained why it look like this in-lore.
Out of lore it's because the first version was too different to be recognizable so they changed it to look more similar to how it did in TES3. :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
This week ESO will be free to play: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/10/join-the-eso-free-play-week
  • The event starts on April 11, 2017 at 10:00 am EDT on PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Steam (PC/Mac) and ends on April 18, 2017, at 10:00 am EDT. (Xbox Live Gold membership required to play on Xbox One)
  • You'll have access to the full The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited base game, not including DLC game pack areas.
  • Upon account creation, you will receive 500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store. Perfect for Crown Crates, unique outfits, XP boosts, and more!
  • Any characters you create, Crown Packs or Crown Store items you purchase, and progress you make during the Free Play event will carry over if you decide to purchase the game.
  • If you participated in any previous Free Play events, any characters, progress, Crown Packs and Crown Store items you acquired during that time will still be available to play as well!

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Navraz posted:

Requesting guild invite @Dront
I tried but it says Account Not Found.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Given the implementation, "skullduggery" or "thievery" would probably be what I would call it since it's not just pickpocketing but also fencing goods, bribing guards and breaking locks.

As for the TG, I liked the story: while it is rethreading the themes of Skyrim, the implementation is done well instead of that mess and while I admit this is down to personal preference, I liked that it wasn't an epic story involving daedric princes or what not.
Which is also what I liked about how it was done in Morrowind, being effectively about the war between two criminal organizations, and in Oblivion where it's all about pulling a massive heist (even if it does involve an Elder Scroll).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

BadLlama posted:

So this game has no transmog sort of deal to play pretty princess?
You can convert some stuff to Imperial style if you have the Imperial upgrade and the deluxe edition of Morrowind will give you the ability to convert some items to Morag Tong style, but that's it.
Which sucks.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Rough Lobster posted:

There's a daedric prince of partying.
Thing is about those parties is that if you are unlucky, it will be the daedra that will do the partying with you. :v:
While Sanguine is no 40K Slaanesh, it can have its dark moments.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

madstrike posted:

The starting 'faction' only matters if i want to PVP with people in the guild, right?

I don't care about PVP at all and wanted to start a new character but don't want to repeat the initial quests all over again :<

edit: wait, i'm reading on another forum that there's a new 'area' for starting morrowind players?
With One Tamriel you can do any content you want whenever with whomever so faction only matters for PvP. And yes, if you have Morrowind new players have a different introductory quest where you start on a boat headed to Vvardenfell; after you complete the new introductory quest you can play normally or take a quest that will take you to the mainland where the original story starts (you get kidnapped, Mannimarco stabs you, you are the Vestige now).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

I've just begun questing in Grahtwood and stopped the pirate attack on Haven. Does liutenant kazargi survive her injuries?
Yes, she appears later in Malabal Tor and Reaper's March.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Mantari posted:

I have just reached CP160 with my magicka templar, i'm not sure how enlightenment works but I was enlightened right up until CP155. I was also able to get my clothing, blacksmithing and woodworking to level 50 and enchanting to level 35 without use of the crafting bag, I did this by not holding onto trait stones (which most of are stocked in the guild bank) and when my bank filled up with materials I would craft all the glyphs I could untill I ran out of aspect runestones (besides the 3 main ones).
I have spent all my gold on bag and bank slot upgrades (at the moment 125 inventory and 140 bank slots) and occasionally crafting materials to complete writs. I am tempted to start collecting materials for alchemy and provisioning now but this would require emptying my bank of unneeded low level equipment materials which I cant see myself using anyway. Also the addon Lazy Writ Crafter is amazing.

Edit: only researching staves and 7 armour pieces that my character wears also saves me bank space for items to research.

If I remember correctly, you gain Enlightment by being offline and possibly by playing level 49- characters.
One suggestion I would make is to maybe subscribe for a single month if you are planning on crafting more: that will automatically transfer all the crafting materials in a separate Crafting Bag, whose contents will remain accessible even after the subscription expires though you won't be able to put more materials in.
This has the potential of freeing up a lot of bank space and the bag is accessible account-wide.
You also get a few Crowns to buy cosmetics with :v:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Silhouette Wires posted:

@silhouettewires

neurotic posted:

@floredon

Dvsilverwing posted:

@Dvsilverwing

afkmacro posted:

@afkmacro
Invites sent.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Vivec City also has respec shrines, in the Temple canton if you have Morrowind.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

orange juche posted:

That's actually a callback to Tarhiel the Mage, the unfortunate fellow who discovers several Scrolls of Icarian Flight in Elder Scrolls III Morrowind, which increase your Acrobatics skill by 1000 for 7 seconds. Using one and simply tapping the jump button while the scroll was active catapulted you tens of thousands of feet in the air, high enough to jump from one side of Red Mountain to the other in a single leap.

Much the same as Ofglog, he dies after jumping and the scroll effect running out mid-leap, leading to a rather sudden stop on the other end of the leap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWVKMMxCgY4&t=30s
There's also a second, more direct reference in Cyrodiil.

radintorov fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 6, 2017

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Kryopsis posted:

So how many Nix Hounds did everyone get out of the 5 free boxes?
Three. All of them duplicates.
And a duplicate costume for good measure. :saddowns:

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Augus posted:

I guess there's usually a repeatable method to get those equipment boxes then?
In addition to the dailies mentioned before you can also keep any further crate unopened until you get to the level you want: the item in those crates scales to your current level when you open them.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

ankle posted:

My friend and I are new to the game and made characters on opposing factions, is there anyway for us to play together?
You can do any activity together with your friend except for Cyrodiil where you will be considered hostile to each other.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Genthil posted:

Oh I know, but what I'm asking is if they're required or optional at best.
The new zones are cool in general and the writing is so much better than the base game. You don't need them, but they are a really welcome addition to the game.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Apparently you can just steal someone's lockbox if they back off it? My friend said they unlocked a box, hand to clear inventory space and had it stolen out from under them.
Yes. Lockboxes, thieves' troves and random treasure chests are not instanced, so if you open one but don't pick the items up, someone can just come by and get them instead without having to bother with the lockpicking minigame.
Of note is that the potential level of the item(s) inside is scaled to the player opening it.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
We've had these in the previous events too, like the Jubilee Cake, Pie of Misrule or Witchmother's Whistle

corn in the bible posted:

The boost is only valid during the festival. But you can use it as much as you want during that time, apparently.
If it's like the items listed above, that is exactly how they are implemented.
They can also be used after the event is over, they just no longer provide the bonus XP.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

jokes posted:

So what can I change and what do I need to do so? I'm level 15 so I could just redo if it's gonna cost me Real US Dollars.

Like they sell an Attribute respec scroll for 700 crowns. And a skill respec scroll for 700 crowns. Are those also attainable via gold? Because I have like 14k gold at this point.

SplitSoul posted:

There are respec shrines in every faction capital that use gold, yes.
They are also pretty cheap to use too.
Basically never, ever, ever spend Crowns/money to respec your character's skills/attributes.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

DrDork posted:

Yeah, can we get invites here, or do we need to go to Discord?
I've sent you an invite.
Given that it really depends on who is online at what time, I think also asking on Discord might be the safer bet since I don't think everyone reads this thread regularly (but everyone can invite).

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

So dying armor now costs gold where it did not before...
No, regular armor dyeing is still as free as it was before.
What costs gold is creating a custom outfit to override your current gear visuals.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Baron Porkface posted:

I just tested it. It cost me gold to just dye.
I just tested it as well: regular armor dyeing is still free. It's outfits that you have to pay for.

e: going to test with more armor pieces

e2: tried making some new armor to make sure the reason I hadn't paid was because the armor was dyed previously. I can confirm that even with new armor, it was free. Here's what hitting Randomize Dyes a couple of times gave me :v:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 9, 2018

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

could you please by chance post some screens of the armor styles/weapon styles tab

i do not have the SSD space for another build of eso
Sure thing: when you switch to the outfit to edit, you'll see the added option of choosing armor and weapon styles, like so

once you've selected the various styles (including prisoner's rags under "Clothing" in the respective armor category (chest/legs/feet)) you can dye them and your weapon like if you were coloring normal armor

once the outfit has been created, you can select it in your Character screen, from a drop-down menu located right under your Titles menu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
You can buy the square runes from the various Enchanters. It used to be rune nodes were separated by type, but then it was changed so that a single node can give multiples. I think that's when they also changed it so square runes are sold by NPCs.