Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Cyan's the true worst but the game's dead easy with whoever.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I never use Gau but I just read there's some crazy poo poo you can do with him, like two relics you give him that make him so ridiculously strong that it only works in the 1.0 version of the snes release and was fixed in every subsequent release

I think it had something to do with the merit award and Gau but of course I can't find anything now. They even fixed it for the terrible ps1 port.

Merit award + offering + tempest + stray cat, catscratch's damage multiplier is applied to tempest's wind attack so he can end most battles in one round (but again, it's FF6 so everyone else can too).

Pretty sure Gau can equip the merit award on all SNES versions.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I went to check how bad the PC version could possibly look and GAH!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
FF6 with augments.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Pablo Nergigante posted:

BODYBUILDER: Where do you work out?
KAWAZU:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm definitely paying hundreds of dollars to get this on multiple platforms and giving up ~20 minutes into II.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Started a party with no fighters and no red mages and can confirm, an all fighter/red mage party is still the best FF1 party.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
They did that arrow change in the DS version, huge QoL improvement. They also made it so nobody but Rosa could equip arrows which was a bummer in dark elf's cave.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Okay turns out all the usual suspects can equip bows again in 4PR, and also infinite arrows is sick, Palom and Porom doing 4 digit damage for free on Mt Ordeals.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Wtf

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I played through 6 on my phone w/retroarch a while ago and blitzes were fine with the onscreen d pad, I felt like I was missing fewer fire dance/bum rush than I would with a real controller.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
They're definitely coming to consoles at $15-25 apiece after everyone's bought the PC versions.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

mysterious loyall X posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKca4X3AKR0

amazing. someone invented the ugly "octopath style" a year before the switch was released on youtube

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
What if the monster learned it from Leo?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Most of the first half of the game is missable.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
One of the chests has a monster that only appears if you choose to kick it and isn't fought anywhere else in the game. Don't know if it has a bestiary entry but it definitely has a rage.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Lightning dodging is easy to cheese + boring as hell, 0.0 on the chocobo race is impossible, which was lucky for me because I didn't have to bother catching butterflies or spend 1000 hours grinding in the monster arena on account of I wasn't getting 100% anyway.

FFX generally kicks rear end though, maybe my fave in the series.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
PR is the best, it's basically the original + quality of life stuff. PSP has the most stuff but a lot of it is bullcrap, GBA is the same except horribly buggy so don't play it. I love the 3D version but it's a bad place to start.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Sub-Actuality posted:

wow the leveling/skill system in FF2 is kind of insane lol

It's demented even by SaGa standards.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Base jobs matter more in 3 because you can't mix and match abilities, so if you want to cast white magic you have to be a white mage, or one of the later classes that's like white mage but better. I always tap out once they want me to go through this whole dungeon Mini-ed.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

the director ws the same guy who made the ff4 ds remake btw, the one that skyrocketed all the numbers nd added the dogshit augment system

I liked the dogshit augment system, but I've probably replayed FF4 more than any other game lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

new post game addition stuff is always terrible.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Found King Noctis in the main game being reunited in his darkest hour with his canonical best friend and finest soldier, Spilz D Bongwater. I love this loving stupid game

Man I gotta play FF15.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao. Boy fellas, you guys really beat the poo poo out of each other in front of a goblin today. That'll be 6,000 gold pieces.

Joey McChrist posted:

*Firion's HP increased!*

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Fungah! posted:

snes/snes classic > pixel remasters > gba >>>>>>>>>>>>> phone port imo

I think they pulled the bad phone port and you can only buy the PR for mobile now.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

ZSNES with a romhack that adds a bunch of mid2000s style GBS jokes, copious swearing and some edited sprites to make the chicks show more skin.

In it, voted 5.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
How can we sleep with the bad font kerning.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Ice3 to see you.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Arrhythmia posted:

The 8 year old's name? Hironobu Sakaguchi with a time machine

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
1 week until console pixel remasters :pray:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

Did anybody ever play this.

lets go ceodore AND brandon :smugbird:

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

shoeberto posted:

They hated him because he spoke the truth.

So you're time travelling Christ now?

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'm at the combination pizza tower hollow knight.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
If you have SAW or any monsters with SAW it kills Su Zaku in one hit. Pretty sure he keeps coming back though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
How many and what monsters you got? Pretty sure you want the slimes.