Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Got Vincent's fire SSB with my dollar pull. That instantly made him MVP for all the Ultimate fights. I actually made Wrath + Meltdown do seriously good work for me on the U++ CM. Spam Wrath, build up SB gauge to be able to get that sweet en-fire up, then unleash absolute hell when Diamond closed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Based on my current A-team, I could have egged Vaan or Tyro immediately to 99, but I don't really need the extra stats on them, nor their RMs right away. Made it easy to decide on burning all of my major eggs on Luneth to 99 first. That exp RM will pay itself back in time. Poor Luneth won't get any use at all though until the next III event though.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Just updated my RW to Sheepsong with 269 MND pre-synergy, so that should give Hastega coverage for the entire course of a fight.

BSYf if anyone wants to add it.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
1/11 and it was Refia's Moonring Blade. The entirety of my III synergy prior to this was Luneth's Tyrfing, so it's something at least.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Going through these newly released elite realm dungeons makes me realize just how much of an unstoppable freight train my physical A-team is. I can literally autobattle the trash, pop off Rosa's SSB just before the boss fight if I need to top off my HP, then it's practically press BSB/SSB buttons to win.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
1/11, Eiko's BSB. The game really wants me to use her, because I have ALL her SBs.

I am also spoiled as gently caress, because either she or Rosa (SSB) slot in nicely as uber-healer for my A-team, though with the crit+ Eiko seems better suited to physical teams.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Attestant posted:

We have no clue yet, basically.

(edit) Though I am certainly putting all dollar pulls on ice now, until we know what is up.

The prudent move is to not buy or use any of your gems.

I don't think the game is going to go *poof* overnight or even disappear in the long term, but we literally have no idea what the quality of support this game is going to be getting going forward.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I snagged Fran's Killer Bow (okay) and Faris' Artemis Bow (hell yeah!)

If I so choose, I can now run a full physical team where all have BSBs. That would be Gilgamesh, Vaan, Faris, Tyro, and Eiko. I also have access to SG and no doubt the RW of choice here is Shout.

This setup may even be too much mitigation, so both Tyro and Paris is overkill. In which case, bring one or the other and slot in my SSB-holding and highly record dived Kain for pure DPS ownage.

Yes, I will be gunning for Kain's BSB when the time comes.

As for the FF2 mote dungeon, I accomplished it with a physical team of Gilg/Vaan/Kain/Tyro/Eiko. Just burned them the hell down in spite of their evasion and didn't lose a medal. The CM can go gently caress itself, because I am not burning mythril to chase Maria's BSB just to snag 2 MBOs.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
U++ with Vaan (BSB) Greg (BSB) Kain (SSB) Tyro (SG+BSB) and Eiko (BSB). Hella defense and HP on this guy, and that's even accounting stacking Vaan's BSB and Armor Breakdown command along with Mug Bloodlust, plus Shout, plus Crit+ effect from Eiko. My strat was beatstick until loving dead.

Actually worked first try, unlike normal Ultimate which took a couple S/Ls to figure out the optimal opening with the same team. Kept getting picked off early on there before I could get all the mitigation up.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

KataraniSword posted:

:flaccid:

This, for the record, is equivalent to a 6* Vegas + with max augments. This was not worth 3 million gil. This would not be worth a 5* Dark Matter if I had literally any other reason to use a 5* Dark Matter. This is less worth 16000 greens than a pair of Rosetta Stones would have been.

I am saying use your extra pumpkin opportunities as Rosettas, here, in case I was not clear. Two 6* Witch Hats are a good deal, though. FF13 mage armor is surprisingly rare considering it's one of the few realms that has all of the mages.

OTOH what if combining it up to 8* makes it my strongest XIII synergy weapon? :v:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Lucky Draw gave me a Twin Lance (Squall BSB), which is actually pretty great! That's a considerable boost to my VIII physical synergy. I had no need at all for V or VII stuff, so this went pretty well.

It also means that I can now field a full physical team where everyone has an BSB. That would be Gilgamesh, Vaan, Squall, Tyro, and Eiko. Since I have native SG, that's basically Shout RW forever and ever and ever.

But Kain is my bro and I dived the hell out of him and honed Dragoon Jump to R3, so there's a good chance he joins the team and Gilg/Squall becomes a wildcard depending upon the demands of battle.

I also really, really hope I can get Kain's BSB.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Really needed some more serious XIII physical synergy beyond Deneb Duellers and a bunch of pumpkins, so 50 mythril later and I now have Canopus AMPs and Power Circles. This is fine by me, as both Lightning and Sazh now have guns and can chill in the back row. Snow is immediately elevated to my XIII CM squad as well. Good poo poo, since I can go back to hoarding mythril for Kain 1, OK, and XIV.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Decided to spend 100 mythril here. Praying for Kain's BSB.

Ended up with Rydia's Whip, Yang's Fist, Porom's Staff AND Hat, and an off-banner XII shield with a shared Protectga.

I didn't have any SB for Rydia, and Yang's SSB seems to synergize nicely with that. I just may have to hone Chain Stonega and build up an earth team now. Kinda bummed about snagging two of Porom's dealies though, because I already have uber-healer Rosa's SSB. White Mage in IV realms is basically locked down. I'm not quite sure if I can even slide Porom into a CM team at all because I have Decil's boostga already.

I'm just mostly bummed I didn't get Kain's BSB, but I suppose I have another chance at that next week. For now, gonna hold off my mythril for the III event next week.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Pepper posted:

For instance, Paperwind has Rosa's SSB. Rosa has Support 4, so slap her bow on her, give her a good bracer and an ATK accessory and her Breakdowns will do decent damage. With that they can have a CM Team of DCecil/Porom/Rosa/Yang/Other FFIV physical character. Throw out the stacking boostgas, use Rosa's Medica when needed.

This is actually not a bad idea. Other FFIV physical would be my record-dived and SSB-having Kain. I hadn't realized the two boostgas would stack, so that's a spicy meatball.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Still sad I didn't get Kain's BSB, but I am embracing Yang's SSB after the initial disappointment.

Turns out that I can run an effective Earth squad consisting of mostly mages. I even have two Earth-boosting robes in my inventory. I may have to hone Titan down the line, but here is what I am thinking:

Against naturally earth-weak bosses:
Rydia/Krile/Tyro/Rosa/Wild Card

Easy enough since I have Sheepsong and SG. I can pack both natural Faithga and Wall. Just RW any BSB that does Earth damage and has an Earth command. Probably follow a few Rydia RWs and have Krile or the Wild Card mage pop it off. Tyro is there to apply Full Break and get SG up ASAP via Lifesiphon, and Rosa is Wrathing up Divine Heal.

If the foe is not weak to earth, then Yang comes to bear in the Wild Card with his imperil Earth SSB. The team composition and RW choices would remain the same otherwise. Perhaps spec Tyro toward MAG and he could also summon the RW.

This all changes down the line with Gaia Cross and future banners, but it's nice to have a totally unique team setup to whip out if I get bored with my usual physical A-team's wrecking ball.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Rydia's goes from a middling BSB to much, much more drat useful if you have an imperil Earth (i.e. Yang) to throw out.

If you just pull her BSB in isolation, it's kinda meh in that there really ain't that much out there that is Earth-weak. Earth doesn't seem to be heavily resisted going forward either, so it can still do some work for you. I really don't see myself ever pulling Rydia+Yang combo out all that much save for IV content or if I just want to have some fun with making poo poo weak to Earth and letting Rydia and another mage with an en-Earth SB blow everything to pieces.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

pichupal posted:

Dollar Draw got me Palom's new SSB! :toot: Holy, Fire and Lightning are all pretty common weaknesses and MAG/RES down will be great on any mage team.

Also fulfills my goal of getting something for Palom and Porom (Medica + Hastega). Also got Eddie's Mage Shout and Golbez's SSB so I'm all set for FFIV twin mage meta.

Got the same with my dollar! I've also got SSBs for Porom, so along with Rydia's BSB and Yang doing earth imperil I have a decent mage team for IV going if I RW Sheepsong.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Took down the dolls with mostly mage squad, but used Yang for earth imperil.

Yang: Lifesiphon R4/Meteor Crush R2 (Earth imperil SSB)
Rydia: Meltdown R1/Chain Stonega R2 (BSB)
Krile: Bahamut R3/Chain Thundaga R2 (Sheepsong)
Tyro: Meteor R4/Multi Break R2 (Keeper's Tome)
Rosa: Wrath R4/Curada R1 (Divine Heal)
RW: Sentinel's Grimoire

Led off with Sheepsong, Keeper's Tome, and SG to get mitigation up and start nuking thereafter. Tyro was there to stick Multi Break followed by as many Meteor casts as possible. Krile focused entirely on using up Bahamut cats before popping another Sheepsong and working the Brinas down with Chain Thundaga.

Yang got earth imperil up as soon as possible and Rydia proceeded to melt everything thereafter with her BSB and whatever her strongest available abilities were. I didnt take all the dolls down simultaneously, but I did knock them off fast enough before they could combine.

Really fun that I ended up with Yang and Rydia's goodies and let me try an unorthodox start for the U++ for a change. Getting Paloma and Porom's relics made them handy in the U and U+ fights as well. Hopefully I can grab Kain's BSB off the lucky draw on Friday.

But now I am ready for OK.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
So, in the future it'll be possible to coordinate goon parties for multiplayer raids? I figure by our powers combined we'd be able to wreck poo poo. :getin:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm also digging this remixed main theme of FFXI in the raid waiting room. Brings back fond memories.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

kalensc posted:

So I discovered that if someone disconnects when the battle screen is loading then the room leader controls their characters for the ensuing battle

Just happened to me on a 99 Ifrit. Kinda hectic controlling 8 party members simultaneously.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

Why would you bring Kick to an Ifrit fight. Of all the things.

There are a whole lot more people who play FFRK than who post about it on SA, Reddit, etc. There are probably countless players out there who are casuals and just pop in once a day to play and have underleveled characters and underhoned skills (or worse, useless skills).

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Getting ready for what will surely be a total 160 difficulty Ifrit clusterfuck.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

paperwind posted:

Getting ready for what will surely be a total 160 difficulty Ifrit clusterfuck.

Hey, there were some dead bodies on the floor, but we mastered it! My Vaan got off 3 Ark Blasts and a very useful R2 Northern Cross, while my Rosa made a couple clutch Divine Heals. But drat, Ifrit goes apeshit with the counter spam in his weak phase and if people spam weak-rear end attacks you're going the gently caress down.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Chupon seems appropriate for me since I can't meaningfully communicate with my party members but ampretty good at wrecking poo poo. Taciturn, but terribly powerful!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

They don't, we get d200 multiplayer fights each event :v: Have fun!

Goon parties will need to be organized for this. I'm not wasting my precious stamina on pubbie plebs.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You don't spend stamina in multiplayer unless you win. Stamina is refunded if you lose or disconnect.

That's a relief then.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I propose that once multiplayer raids are out of beta, that we make the official goon raid ID 4666. Remember, dial 4666 for GOONs.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
3x11. 2x Elder Staff (Arc's Shell/Regen/Magic Blink) 1x Lust Dagger (Luneth SSB + Defense-Up), 1x White Mage Robe (Arc's Medica/Physical Blink), 1x Heroic Shield (Ingus SB Protect+Haste)

Oh, and off-banner stuff: V helmet (not entirely bad) and a IX dagger.

My III synergy has gone from bare to pretty good, so I'm not complaining in the slightest there, but I struck out hard on OK. At least I know now not to waste my eggs and motes on him just yet. If Friday's banner is also a bust, then OK is just gonna have to languish.

Kinda nice that Desch can equip staves though, so it's pretty cool that I pulled two of them and can use one as a stat stick. I'm going to keep my Elder Staffs separate.

Lyndon LaRouche fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Nov 24, 2016

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Kawalimus posted:

All of a sudden I'm getting "Google account error: Your google account or this app is not authorized by google play service". And also "We're not able to connect". I don't understand why this is happening.

I got that on my tablet about a month or so back. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app did nothing, and I couldn't figure it the hell out. Formatting my tablet did the job though. :(

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Actually, I'm probably gonna get OK levelled and mote'd up so he can serve as my true 5* supporter for III content. Having SBs for Luneth/Ingus/Refia/Arc but not Desch means that Desch is the odd man out here. Sorry dude, but you don't have a place in a pure physical team!

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

private message posted:

Got excited when I saw 4 rainbow orbs but it was 3x Onion Sword and 1x White Mage Robe - no gauntlet :(

Is it better to combine the swords or have to multiple copies?

III gear is fairly uncommon, so unless you happen to already have a bunch of weapons from past pulls keep them all separate. Luneth, Ingus, and OK can all use them.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

acumen posted:

:lol: OK at 80 with synergy has 1300hp

I got his SSB but no BSB still worth blowing all my motes on him?

I think he needs mote-ing in order to get access to 5* support, which is what arguably makes him worth egging regardless of whether you pull anything for him or not. There is no other 5* support user in III realms otherwise.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

1st AD posted:

Yup.

What's the best way to record dive for OK? Focus on magic or physical only, or hybrid him?

I think that entirely depends on what you pull for him, if anything. Absent any relics, I think his best role in III realms is as a support. Outside of III realms, a relic-less OK probably isn't going to crack any of your teams.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I am halfway hoping that I pull two more Orichalcum Dirks tomorrow and can fuse them all into the greatest of daggers.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Got Ramza and Wakka's BSBs. I am stoked about Ramza and my first FFT 5* weapon. Wakka I guess can come along to my CM teams. But as I already have Vaan and Faris' BSBs, well, poor Wakka.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I really like that there's an EXP dungeon attached to this event. It'd be cool if DenA could make a special EXP dungeon for each event going forward, so you could reasonably start catching up some of your under-leveled heroes without having to go all-in on Sundaily each week.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Wilekat posted:

I don't wanna know this. I dont want to pull for a fourth time because I'm fixated on a multifaceted buffer item that I won't get. I already pulled Gungnir, Lust Dagger and Onion Sword. I really, really don't need to pull on this again!

Yes, just stop. Even though I've been vacillating about it myself, but ultimately I now have very good III synergy coverage. You and I are more likely pull dupes than the gauntlets at this point.

Be strong, and start hoarding up for XIV.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Support 5, BLK 5 and WHM 5 are the most important, IMO. His MND and MAG stats are really high. Ninja and celerity are more niche and combat is a dime a dozen

OK can actually engage in some NIN shenanigans because of that high MAG though, and he's the only III character capable of it. But I'd dive SUP/BLK/WHM first, and after that run down the NIN/CEL line if you've got the motes burning a hole in your pocket.

Edit: FYI, a reforged Dragon Helm under synergy gives 17 ATK, 144 DEF, and 129 RES. Pretty good stuff.

Lyndon LaRouche fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I must have won the RNG battle against mote Ahriman. With my CM team I used Shout RW, did not even think to bring blind/poison, and just DPS raced it dead before it could start thinking of going apeshit on me. Even mastered the drat thing so I didn't have to come back with my A-team.

Back to hopelessly farming black crystals until the IV event expires!

• Locked thread