Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I just got all three of Seifer's relics on the banner :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Dollar Pull got me Crescent Wishes. :toot:

It's a FFVIII Medica, something I was lacking before.

With getting this, Riona's BSB, Squall's Jacket, and all of Seifer's stuff this event, bring it on CM Ifrit. :getin:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Vaan's BSB is incredible for Bahamut. Singlehandedly fulfilling the target scores and helping gimp it's damage. Since literally every attack is Def/Res piercing having a stacking debuff is great.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

IcePhoenix posted:

Her MC3 came in a crossover event in Japan that we never got in global and they never gave another way to get it. She has a healer BSB which I think is still top tier (?) but her HP pool is very low and being stuck at 80 while content gets progressively harder is not great.

Also her record dive and Bard Motes in that same event.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That's the weirdest 11 pull I've ever seen.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

2 uses for me is personally enough on certain characters, it depends how you're using it. For a lot of mages specifically you're just casting whatever until your BSB is ready, then you just chain BSB skills into another BSB until the battle ends. In cases like that 2 casts of a very strong spell are almost enough

99% of the time I have Meltdown on Onion Knight and use it once his BSB runs out before starting it up again.

I rarely even use both casts.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Irvine had his time in the spotlight with Vit0. If you got his Fast Ammo SB he was the best DPS in the game.

Then they patched that out and welp.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

YoshiOfYellow posted:

That's for stuff that has a chance of hitting, like how other death spells or gravity spells have a 60% chance to hit or whatever other kinda numbers. Ultimate Mega Death just automatically hits because gently caress you.

Finally a reason to hone Arise.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So hey guess who got back into the game recently.

Anybody want to summarize all the new insane stuff added like USBs and CSBs and Legend Materia so I can add that info to the OP.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Got Ovelia's USB.

I love it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fister Roboto posted:

If I could get one more SSB+ on her, or another dupe Saintly Excalibur, Agrias could hit the ATK cap without buffs.

:eng101: The ATK Softcap is 805, a +10 attack would only bring Agrias up to 804

Of course, effectively this distinction is nigh meaningless, but it's there! :goonsay:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

jebeebus posted:

Man I just wasted so much time trying to beat the VII D300 JS Torment... figured I'd give it a shot after being able to partially dive Bartz last night. I couldn't figure out why he was doing such poor damage with his Cloud USB RW + USB + BSB3 combo. Even with fully stacked wind imperil from Faris, he was only doing like 6K per hit maximum. Then I realized, the BSB3 commands are actually wind and earth... is the earth portion just cancelling out a lot of damage since Gi Nattak is immune to it?

No, multi-elemental attacks are treated as the element that will do the most damage.

What's screwing you over is that Gi Nattak isn't actually weak to Wind until a good bit into the fight.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It should be noted that the free USB they're giving out for this anniversary is actually rather good.

It's for Tyro and gives Hastega and ATK, DEF, MAG, RES and MND +15%.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Schwartzcough posted:

And does a totally sweet (if weak) 15-hit attack. It pretty much makes his OSB (even more) entirely obsolete.

Don't make everybody who will get it and only it in the 30 Draw feel bad.

(Like me)

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Elephant Ambush posted:

It really sucks that orbfests are eventually going away because I really like the hype of looking forward to them every 3 months. I'm surprisingly hype for this fest, probably mostly because of the ability to finally choose a BSB I need. Mine will be Asylum. Total no-brainer.

Wait.

Orbfests are going away?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mischalaniouse posted:

As a new player who has mostly just rolled on the V and IV banners that just passed, I'm not sure what I really want to focus on.

As a new player you shouldn't really "focus" Just Pull.

Mythril comes fast early on, so be ready to Pull.

Pull on every Lucky Banner coming up minimum.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

pichupal posted:

Tyro USB3 - Party Wall, Protect, Shell and Haste

:flashfap:

I think I picked a nice time to start a JP account.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's Rude's BSB.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

3/10.

Two dupes, Quintis's OSB. :negative:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Of course I get three sets of mini cactaurs in a row when just getting the Upgrade Mats one out of the way.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ApplesandOranges posted:

My 6*s have been all been swords, MND-focused rods/staffs/instruments, and a blitzball. Not a single MAG-focused weapon in sight.

My 6 stars are all esoteric mage weapons.

Swords, throwing weapons, books, whips.

Madness.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ceaselessfuture posted:

When should one prioritize +elem over raw stats? All this chat about rods made me peep what I have and I have a 161 MAG wizard rod and a 127 +Fire Papalymo rod. Assuming pure fire usage, how do you know which is better?

Also, +elem weapons and armor stack, yes?

You focus on +Element once you start hitting soft caps with the buffs you have.

For ATK this is 805, for MAG this is 1054. The edge case is Ninja magic, in which the soft cap is much lower at 390 MAG.

And yes, +Element Weapons and armor stack.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I got the number one thing I wanted on the banner, and as a bonus the saddest soul break.

I'm content

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That was rather tense right there at the end.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Good thing FFBE is a bad game so it doesn't matter if any character is good or bad in it. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Fister Roboto posted:

For real why the gently caress aren't blitzballs just thrown weapons?

Because there was a time in the game where they got the cute idea to make unique weapons for esoteric characters like Books, Blitzballs, Dolls, hairpins, etc.

Blitzballs are, at the very least, equippable by Tidus, Wakka, Jecht, and Rikku.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

ApplesandOranges posted:

Omega has 80% debuff resistance, so they're going to be fairly ineffective. Resistance buffs are going to matter way more.

Well this explains some things.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Well this is a thing.

But hey, got another BSB Medica and got Lightning's USB, which is my first weapon for her and my main frontline FFXIII synergy weapon!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Reraise:

Maybe this was hard at some point, but nice and straightforward and simple. Just how I like it.

Ahahahaha you have no idea how awful this fight was when it first came out.

First off, there was very little offensive white magic stuff. Nowadays you have quite a few White Mage BSBs that can do some damage. But back then all we had were Diaga and more Diaga.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Affliction Break was enough to stop any slows for that fight.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Kanos posted:

I understand that the torment trash was originally meant as a way to test a player's hones, but in practice they basically just boil down to "well I guess I have to sandbag and spam lifesiphons/wraths for 4/6 waves of trash to have full SB bars/prebuffs before the boss" with a side order of "well that one trash enemy landed status time to SL". It's really boring tedious poo poo and I hate doing the 200 and 250 of every event. Jump Start is way more interesting.

Torments were really meant to encourage BSB pulls, now that USB's are the new hotness they have Jumpstarts to make them about bursts.

Electric Phantasm posted:

How does EXP gained through the EXP daily compare to the hard EXP newcomer dungeons with a synergy character(Lulu)?

With synergy the Newcomer EXP Dungeons are as good as the dailies, but they don't give greens.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Watch Ricard only get Legend Sphere access only after they start giving something like Mythic Dive with 6 star motes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Varance posted:

Xezat: Combat 4, Spellblade 5, Black Magic 4, Knight 3

Excuse me?

Xezat was said to be good singer and you learn Swift Song in his castle with Gaulf commenting on it.

Why doesn't he have Bard 5? :colbert:

• Locked thread