Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got the gauntlets!

Can someone please explain to me in a little more detail how to use the Onion motes? I know you go into Record Spheres and use them but which of the trees should I work on? Like the specific classes, not just "physical". I want to make sure I don't waste these. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Zurai posted:

Personally the spheres I targeted first for my OK were Knight->Gladiator for Support 5 and White Mage->Devout for White 5. With his BSB, Onion is a superb choice for carrying the "other" protectga/shellga, whichever your white mage isn't carrying, and he's also the only Support 5 character for FF3.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Since you got the glove, you can kind of do whatever. A good plan is to level support, combat, Ninja and black magic to start and then lean into how you find yourself using him over time. The Ahriman more dungeon should give you nearly enough to max him, assuming you use the Onion XP dungeon to level him up.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be putting everything I can into OK for the forseeable future. I'm always complaining that nobody can use the "other" Protectga or Shellga so that's a no-brainer for me.

Now if only I could get more xp eggs...

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I've been drinking a lot today (Happy Thanksgiving!) and I just drunk-bought 3000 gems to do another 11 pull on the OK banner and got OK sword. I am extremely happy. I already mastered the gauntlets in the EXP dungeon and this is sweet as hell.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Boy these mote dungeons sure are fun. I love being aoe spammed 3 times before I can even get my buffs up and my Esuna person gets stoned and 2 other people are dead in the first 15 seconds of the fight and this scenario happens frequently.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Ok here's my setup for Ahriman. Tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

What are your SBs and RW? Also are those the Onion Knights Gauntlets? But you're not using him? Two healers probably isn't going to fly either. Any wind abilities you could be using?

Fang BSB, Cid goggles SB, Faris BSB, Selphie magic blink SB, and SS2. My plan is to imperil Wind, then use Cid's Big Brawl, then Lifesyphon and repeat.

RW is 99 Shout.

Again, my problem is that he spams aoe 3 times before I get off Shout/Wall/Faris. On the few runs where I survived to get every buff and debuff in place, he stones either Y'shtola or Selphie. Worse yet, even with Protectga/Shellga/SS2, he has aoe attacks that still do 1,000+ damage. I don't have any FF3 synergy other than OK and he's only level 85 so he's not good enough to do anything useful yet.

Edit:. Cid goggles is not a BSB

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 27, 2016

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

U-DO Burger posted:

I suggest getting OK to level 99 and changing your RW to Aetherial Pulse. That'll free up ability slots, give you heavy regen, and give you a native hastega

You can probably swap out Yshtola if her replacement uses breakdowns

This isn't helpful. If I could easily get OK to 99 I would have already. Which character has Aetherial Pulse? I don't have everything in this game memorized.

Y'shtola is my wall and I can't do this without wall. I also already pointed out that I have Faris' BSB for breakdowns.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I don't know what your hones are like but I would put Blind Shell and Poison Shell on Cid and give him that Ace Striker/Battleforged RM you have on Selphie. Landing blind will help you with incoming damage and stop petrify and poison ticks for 5000 damage. If early fight damage is too much you might not be able to wait for Faris' BSB and need to use a normal breakdown setup. Also hitting his wind weakness will charge you Soul Break Guage about as fast as life siphon I believe.

Honestly only having one instant Soul Break gauge RM might be you biggest issue and your number 1 priority in the whole game should be getting the other. They are both for breaking the second level cap, Mako Might from Cloud and Dr Mog's Teachings is dropped by Tyro.

Oops! I have both Mako Might and Dr. Mog's Teachings. Not sure why that pic doesn't have them. I must've been still angrily editing the team. :downs:

I had no idea that Blind worked so I'll try that. I have Blind Shot honed up for Cid.

I'm glad you suggested dropping Faris because I thought the same thing. I have a level 97 Ramza with R2 Full Break that I can bring too. He also has Tailwind for party heal. What should his other breakdown be? I'm thinking Magic Breakdown because if I can blind him then that's all I should have to worry about.

I'm keeping the wind gimmick too. It's too much damage to pass up.

Thanks you guys!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on Ahriman. Blind and Poison shots were really helpful. He still did a shitload of damage though. AoE spam that does 900 per character even after Full Break+Magic Breakdown+Wall+Shellga is totally unfair.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So you guys helped me beat the Ahriman mote dungeon and already I beat the FF13 mote dungeon, but now I'm trying to do any of the others and I'm getting crushed. Does anyone have any tips for those?

For example, you guys told me that blind and poison work well on Ahriman and that helped a lot, but none of that was explicit in the boss fight description. Are there any tricks like that I can use on the others? They seem way harder than the FF3 and FF13 ones.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

KnoxZone posted:

The trick with the Magus Sisters is that they are all vulnerable to sleep. You can either RW Reno's SSB (AOE auto-sleep) and murder them all with magic, or if you aren't confident in your damage bring like a sheep or onion RW and manually sleep them. This is also the recommended CM way.

Ok let's start here. I can't imagine that many people have a Reno SSB up as their RW. If anyone reading this does, please post your friend ID so I can follow you.

Next, I have almost no sleep abilities but this dungeon combined with the MP dragon fight has made me consider making and honing Phantasm. I have a 99 Ramza that should be able to use it.

After that, is it just a matter of keeping up Sleep while hammering Cindy, then finish the rest off?

Are there any BSBs I can lean on besides Sephiroth? Here are all the characters I have that are 80+:

Lightning 80 - Crushing Blow

Fang - 80 - Just got her BSB and SSB

Cid - 80 - every relic except BSB

Ramza - 99 - every relic except BSB

Y'shtola - 99 - SS2

Celes - 89 - Indomitable Blade

Agrias - 89 - no relics but she owns

Serah - 80 - Clock Master

Bartz - 86 - Trueblade of Legend

Mustadio - 80 - SSB

Gilgamesh - 80 - BSB

Faris - 80 - BSB

Eiko - 80 - Carbuncle and reraise SBs

Zidane - 80 - SSB

Basch - no relics but is a machinist

Selphie - 80 - Dreamstage

Sephiroth - 80 - BSB

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

Bit late on this, but if anyone is still having trouble with the Magus Sisters mote fight, I've swapped my RW over to Turk Bombshell and given Reno as much FFX synergy MND gear as I could.

Code is e5R5.

Thanks for this. I'll see if I can find you on my train ride home from work. I honed up a Lullaby as a backup plan.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

Bit late on this, but if anyone is still having trouble with the Magus Sisters mote fight, I've swapped my RW over to Turk Bombshell and given Reno as much FFX synergy MND gear as I could.

Code is e5R5.

You are Literally The Best. This worked perfectly on my first try. So many motes!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Inge posted:

Yep, exp is divided amongst living party members. So a party of one will receive the entire load.

You have Sephiroth levelled, so you'll have the Loner record materia. Take that on a solo fighter and you get +50% def and attack, really useful if you need to grind up a physical character in Exp dungeons

Sooooooo is this a good way to get OK from 90 to 99 super quick?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

UHD posted:

Got two onion motes on the same floor :smugdog:

Sup mote luck buddy :smugdog:

I have 20 OK motes now. I hope there's a use for them in the future.

Soloing the FF3 XP dungeon with OK is hilarious and awesome. I gave him Curaja and Tempo Flurry and he sleepwalks through it. I don't even need the Loner RM. I just run him with his own XP RM. He'll be 99 in a couple days. :toot:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dr Pepper posted:

Well now I haven't used a single 4 Star Mote yet.

It's... beautiful. :allears:

So is it really worth maxing everything out on him? I could easily do that but I don't really run magic much. Almost all my teams are 4 physical beaters and a wall/healer. Is OK worth using as a mage at all? Or are the RES+ boosts just worth it for survivability against lovely aoe magic spam from bosses?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I said "gently caress it" and burned 2 mythril on stam refreshes just to get OK to 99. Totally worth the time saved. Time to tackle those FF3 ults!

Edit: Quick question I keep forgetting to ask: Is Y'shtola finally going to be motable as of the FF14 event? I've been saving every magic-related mote just for her since she was my first 99 and she's not leaving my A Team anytime soon because of SS2.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 30, 2016

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Who the gently caress is Ceodore?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mithross posted:

Cecil's son from the FFIV sequel

I just looked this up and lol. They've really run out of characters to add from the main series I guess.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I am saving as much mythril as possible for TG Cid at this point. Any ETA on that event?

I'm grinding up all my FFT nerds for it too. It might be my first Cid mission :stare:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Servaetes posted:

I just need 12 onion motes, yes?

Yep.

I have 25 and only used 8. :haw:

On the other hand, I have 4 characters at level 99 by soloing them through the OK XP dungeon and I might have a 5th done before it goes away.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

1st AD posted:

There's like a dozen more characters they could add from Tactics.

I give them a pass on FFT because they need to trickle those characters into the game slowly. We're seeing what happens when most of the main characters from the main series already exist.

I just think it's silly that they're reaching all over the anthology stuff for filler in the meantime.

FFT is my favorite FF game by a light year and it was the #1 thing that my friends used to get me to start playing this game earlier this year. "They're introducing FFT characters next month" was all I needed to hear. The fact that Ramza and Agrias ended up being top-tier characters makes it even better.

I'm super hype for TG Cid now. Does anyone know when that event starts?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Grozz Nuy posted:

TG Cid should hit global at the end of January.

Thanks. The January list of MC3s looks pretty good too so that's a nice extra bonus.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Boogaloo Shrimp posted:

Minor characters that can still be mined:

FF1
The robot that helps you get up to the sky fortress
Bahamut
Vampire
Dwarf guy that blows up dynamite
King of Cornelia
Cid

FF2
Princess Hilda
Borghen
Josef's Daughter
Paul
Scott
Cid

FF3
Doga
Unei
Xande
Goldor
Hein
Cid

FF4
Calca
Brina
Dwarf Princess

FF5
Kelger
Xezat
King Tycoon
Boko
Hiryu
Enkidu
Enuo
Ghido
Mid
Cid

FF6
Umaro
Gogo
Bannon
Emperor Geshtal
Typhon
Interceptor

FF7
Hojo

General. loving. Leo.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

NGDBSS posted:

Well, the point of that list is that it's a collection of side characters who haven't shown up in FFRK, not even in JP. In contrast, General Leo already showed up as a JP character and is apparently set to be the focus of the very next Global event.

Well then consider me extremely happy! I don't follow JP.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
For FF13 you could definitely do Barthandelus in his basic human form.

There's also Dajh. Hey we already have Eiko and she's supposed to be 6 years old. :v:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Here's a list of all the relics. Sorry for the reddit link but my phone won't let me format the list properly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5gizov/tomorrows_du_lucky_draw_is_now_ssb/?st=IWC822BI&sh=ab36a948

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Beasteh posted:

Holy hell that owns. Glad I have Celes' Magnificent Sword of Constant Victory.

Indomitable Blade is seriously my favorite SB even though there are technically better ones. It literally trivializes any magic-heavy boss fight. And you can do just about whatever you want in terms of 5* and 6* Spellblade abilities. Snowspell Strike is my favorite but Saint Cross and Gaea Cross are awesome as well and I wish I had more orbs to make and hone more of the super ridiculous ones.

Oh yeah and add in the RM that does "much more damage with Spellblade abilities" or the one that has a chance to trigger those abilities twice and she's is definitely a GENERAL and not some opera floozy.

edit: Just did my Lucky pull and got Serah's BSB! I also got a second Highwind spear for Fang which I will be combining ASAP. :dance:

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 6, 2016

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Multi-target boss fights that use piercing attacks are horse poo poo .

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Man, I wish there was a stamp that just said Equip Elemental Resist Accessories with maybe a cute as heck picture of Eiko covered in soot and smoke or something.

Actually, just replace every stamp with "Fungaaaaah!" instead.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
It really sucks that Crushing Blow, which hits 4 times, only counts as 1 lightning attack against the mc3 fight shield.

Also, piercing attacks can suck every dick ever and I will never stop whining about them. :mad:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

CaptainPsyko posted:

Stack more breaks.

Yeah I know but still...

Any advice for the mc3 fight? I feel like I need to create and hone another Lightning Strike and/or Lightning spell to have enough attacks to keep knocking the shield down.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
All FF6 dungeons down. Faris BSB and stacking tons of breaks was the key to U+ and Kefka went down swinging but he was no match for Selphie's magic blink and Celes' Indomitable Blade.

Now to scream and punch holes in walls trying to beat Nightmare dungeons :haw:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I'm working on my first Nightmare clear and that's Tonberries for Northern Cross. I created and honed Halting Rumba nad Dismissal. I have tried maybe 8 runs so far. I'm getting the hang of it and just now I finally made it to King Tonberry with a fully healed and buffed party and I had just cast Shout. The app crashed on me for the first time ever. This game really loving hates me. :(

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Well I finally beat the tonberries and got Northern Cross BUT sadly I don't have the crystals to make it yet :negative:

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

I have the crystals to make it but I'm saving up to get Snowspell Strike to R2. Just two more ice crystals!

Hilariously I'm probably going to do this too instead of making any Nightmare abilities. Snowspell Strike is better than almost all of them.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

kalensc posted:

I've read the megathreads for all the Nightmares so I have a good idea how to approach each one. In terms of frustrating boss mechanics and/or chances of one-shot kills, do any of the following stand out as more/less reasonable than the others?

Neo Bahamut
Quadruple Foul
Northern Cross
Curada
Affliction Break

I have only recently beaten my first Nightmare dungeon and it was the Northern Cross one with the tonberries. It pretty much requires you to use Halting Rumba honed to at least 6 uses. If you want to master it you need Dismissal as well (or something else that interrupts actions) and something that inflicts Slow. You will also need a bunch of AoE damage for waves 2 and 3.

It wasn't necessarily hard, but it was annoying and required a lot of resets because of RNG. Once you get to King Tonberry it's a damage race so make sure you're all healed and buffed and go in as hard as you can. It doesn't matter if you lose a couple people as long as he dies first.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
So I hear there's a goon multi-player discord. Can someone please hook me up? I don't think it's possible to beat 200 diff Gilgamesh with pubbies.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

"The instant invite is invalid or has expired" :( Can anyone else help?

Attestant posted:

Pubbie Gilgapocalypse is totally doable, though you'll have to be picky about the groups you go with. Just bail if it looks like it's missing several key things like hastega, medica, etc, until you get a well balanced group.

But check out the discord. It's rad.

To beat the 160 diff I ended up hosting (which I prefer to do anyway) and just started aggressively kicking people that didn't have the stuff we needed. I felt bad doing it but that's what's necessary for the harder stuff.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Koobes posted:

https://discord.gg/83h3U6r

This is a fresh key and should work.

That worked. Thanks!

• Locked thread