Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Are there any future banners that are good for Edge relics? I don't need anything huge, it'd just be nice for him to have something to spend all the soul gauge that he generates flinging 9999 damage ninja magic around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think physical teams on Golem start and end with "do you have Cloud's USB and his BSB2?"

I did Golem with Zidane and Sephiroth just fine. All physical means is you have bring a dispel and cast it twice, and you have to deal an extra 60k damage. It's not the best, but it's hardly impossible.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Ok yeah I tried to bring Ceodore w/ BSB to the 200 CM, and the damage is just pitiful. On the flip side, not really sure how I'm supposed to kill both these fuckers using single-target stuff to burn down the dragon without relying on my only BSB to stretch hones. Maybe this CM is just beyond me. Rosa USB should make me near immortal but auto-kills is auto-kills, and Edward, as always, is real bad without any SB.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

ZiegeDame posted:

Ok yeah I tried to bring Ceodore w/ BSB to the 200 CM, and the damage is just pitiful. On the flip side, not really sure how I'm supposed to kill both these fuckers using single-target stuff to burn down the dragon without relying on my only BSB to stretch hones. Maybe this CM is just beyond me. Rosa USB should make me near immortal but auto-kills is auto-kills, and Edward, as always, is real bad without any SB.

Meanwhile the JS CM was a loving joke because the only thing better than a legend dived Cid Raines is a legend dived Cid Raines with Agrias BSB backup. Also Kain was there.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Wow, can't believe I actually got that 200 Torment CM down:

Shout RW
Ceodore: Armor Breakdown/Magic Breakdown; BSB - It does pretty piss poor damage but the healing was a big help considering I didn't have an actual cure spell along
Kain: Lifesiphon/Lightning Dive, Raging Dive SSB + OSB - Having a Lightning boosting armor probably made all the difference. Shame I never got to catch Golbez with the OSB while he was weak to lightning
Rosa: Wrath/Shellga, USB - Healqueen is queen of heals, kept my dorks alive long enough to squeak by
Yang: Lifesiphon/Kick, Blink SB - Hoo boy, look at that 3* aoe for trash clearing. His damage was unremarkable but PBlink scales to everything
Cecil: Saint's Cross/Protectga, loving Radiant Wings - Radiant loving Wings. The lengths I must go to kill that dragon in time

So yeah, anyone wondering "Can I do a CM?" Yes, you can do a CM. Look at that pile I managed to clear it with. Never give up, never surrender.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'll say this about Rosa USB: It seemed good but not amazing when I first got it. Then I started ditching Curaja and relying solely on her wrath-spamming for heals, then I saw how ridiculous it was. But at the end of the day, healing is only part of the equation, you still have to kill the boss fast enough or she will run completely out of gas. If only her legend dive weren't so unremarkable.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
No, the data I see suggests someone at Dena must have goofed on this one. The U++ boss has less than 100k health.

For context, this means you could probably kill Meliadoul with two shots of an Orlandu OSB RW and nothing else.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I got 2 Disco orbs

One was a dupe, the other was Lion's USB when I already have her BSB, so my XI synergy remains incredibly narrow. I guess having two 6* Mage throwers could come in handy for Magicites down the line, more than the marginal-non synergy increase from combining. And it's not like I need any more power in fights with VIII synergy, considering my Torment 3CM team was just my Fenrir team.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
^^^ Jesus man, timg that poo poo

1/11, Fairs Pirate Princess USB.

It seems, OK I guess? It'll make a good wind imperil for sure, but doesn't seem very exciting in Magicite dungeons when all I'm look for is sub-30s now.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Fister Roboto posted:

The coefficients aren't what make it good. The entry gives the party +MAG/DEF, his CMD2 gives him +MAG/-RES (so just with his own buffs his MAG gets doubled), and his CMD1 grants him instant cast 1. Raines BSB was a serious chase relic when it first came out, and it's still ridiculously good.

Don't forget Raines has Memento Mori, so between that and BSB he can hit the Mag buff soft-cap (x2.5) on his own. And from there only needs like 418 Mag to hit that soft-cap with all those buffs.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Inverse posted:

joined the discord group and they said this roll was really good and kept.

thanks everyone

A lot of these are good but not exciting, except for that Metamorphosis Claw which will loving carry you forever. That's a keeper.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

1st AD posted:

I got Golbez BSB/11

Uhh... :smith:

If it makes you feel better, I got the exact same pull, only it was a dupe.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I'm considering legend diving Terra just so I can Fire Beam+OSB to sub-30 Sealions. How hard is it to trigger her trance form without relying on a slot dedicated to Last Stand?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Game really psyched me out by giving my a disco ball but making a dupe Sephiroth OSB. At least I got Eiko BSB which was probably my best possible 5*.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pander posted:

Any good advice for Bahamut JS?

It seemed like proshellga + wall were absolutely required, and I'd want some wind options, but not sure what a good way to eat through his first 2/3 of health could be and then his curajas were outpacing all of my DPS options except for Celes using snowspell strike.

How to beat Bahamut: Equip your best spellblade with any wind-boosting equipment. I used Bartz but if you've already legend dived Celes she should do. Do the first half of fight as normal, his damage isn't that bad with proper mitigation. When he dips bellow 50%, begin preparations: Apply any Defense debuffs you have, re-apply enough ATK buffs to get your spellblade to the soft cap, then hit your Cloud USB RW. Proceed to drop 100K+ Snowspell Strikes on his stupid dragon face. Everyone else can just watch/unload any remaining SB gauge they have.

I had an en-wind SB for Bartz, so your mileage may vary, but between 4 Snowspells and 2 Cloud USBs you should be able to get him down. Be sure to bring any wind imperils if you've got 'em.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 1, 2017

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Pander posted:

My SSS is R2. I can R3 it, and am thinking about just going ahead and doing that cause it's pretty fantastic. He was throwing flares at me pretty consistently, but the other attacks were the ones killing off guys as my 3 SBs wore off for stuff like wall and OK BSB.

The part that got skimmed over, getting him to the low-HP zone, that's where I was having trouble. The incoming damage wasn't world-ending, but it did necessitate a steady stream of healing and burn through charges.

Just bring the best wind or non-elemental damage you have. Are you trying to do the 3-CM or just clear it? The first 60% of his bar is about as bog standard FFRK as it gets: use defensive buffs, stack debuffs on him, go to town. If you don't have native Wall, lean harder on the debuffs. If you don't have wall or any stacking Atk or Mag debuffs :shrug:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, guess I was saving the best for last. 4/11: Raines OSB, Nabat BSB, Papalymo BSB, Iris BSB

None of them are dupes, and I already have Raines BSB. Looks like I'm gonna sub-30 both Holy and Dark magicites for sure. I've been looking for an imperil dark too so Nabat will be a great addition to Cid and Golbez's heel-turn power hour. Probably gonna go sub-30 Sealion while I'm at it. Also this gives me a strong medica for every realm but I and XI.

The only downside, if you can call it that (you can't), is I was budgeting a couple pulls on this banner and now with one draw I've cut the expected value in half down to garbage tier. Guess I'll throw a pull at Shadow to try for a mega-dps USB. Somehow I don't think WoL USB is winning any awards in that category.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Man I was excited to pull Edea and Rinoa's BSBs, hoping it would speed up my Fenrir clears...I was extremely disappointed.

First attempt I couldn't even clear it, second took 1:10, which is about 20 seconds longer than my physical team, which is completely reliant on a dived Bartz spamming Snowspell Strike and Celes using her BSB2, which doesn't even have high ice potency. Everyone was talking Edea's BSB up and I could see how it would be awesome for regular content, but it's kind of a turd in this magicite fight, it was doing like 10k damage with Leylines, BSB mode, and en-ice up.

So you're not using Memento Mori or CMD2? The former doesn't stack with Leylines, but that's just more reason to bring a faithga that does stack. If you aren't hitting the Mag to do 6 hits, you aren't stacking enough faiths. My Edea can hit the damage capx6 with her BSB CMD1, with Rinoa's chain and stacking Imperils. Without the chain it's more like 5k but that's still respectable damage.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Yeesh, all this easy sub-30 clears off Shadow USB are just making me even more salty that the only DPS USB I got from the whole fest is fuckin' WoL. Maxed-out Raines gives me easy sub-60 clears on both fights, but he doesn't have the instant burst to deal with these stupid gimmicks. Seriously if Mist Dragon didn't become invincible at ~22 seconds I might be able to pull this off but I'm not sure how I can pump out more burst to make that happen. Go mixed and try to use Sephiroth SSB->OSB shenanigans? Forego wall entirely and get Haste and dual-boost off the RW slot and pray I don't get exploded before Rosa can get the USB train rolling? Seriously looking for advice here, I've got so many Dark and Holy options that I should be able to manage something.

Course the dark is a whole other can of worms what with the 10-sec auto-kill timer. I've just been cheesing it with Galuf, but he really doesn't contribute anything dps-wise to the fight and just eats poo poo once his invuln runs out. Turns out boring monk with no haste and one atk buff isn't very good for magicite fights.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

pichupal posted:

Thank goodness for the Powerchain on Raines BSB, Mist Dragon went into Mist form once at around 26 seconds for me and I was just anxiously waiting to refire his BSB to finish it sub 30 for my first clear. Going to tackle Shadow Dragon soon, and hoping Black Fang plays nice.

Could you share your team for this? I'm really close to getting the sub-30 on Mist Dragon, but I feel like I need Shelke's legend dive to make my team consistent.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
I was using a mixed team of Raines and Sephiroth with EnDark-> OSB but I could swap out Sephi for Nabat with Imperil if that'd work better. Probably my biggest problem was trying to get fancy with the Fabula Raider RW and leaning on Rosa USB which is great if it works but it takes a lot of luck with him spreading his damage to the right people before she can wrath up the first bar. (With Shelke LD I'd have enough actions to entrust a single wrath to Rosa early.) Maybe tomorrow I'll try again with Wall so I can survive a couple hits, but it'd mean saying goodbye to Ramza USB and that sweet opening insta-cast.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

paperwind posted:

Without Meltdown or any Faithgas, I'd hold off on diving any mages for the time being. You'll never know what the gacha might cough up for you in the time it will take to get the tools you need to really make Ace or Vivi's legend dives really work.

How many Faithgas would zero-relic trance Vivi need to cap meltdown on magicites? I'm considering diving him instead of Terra or Papalymo because he could maybe snag me a sub-30 Hydra along with the sub-30 Sealion. (Sub-30 Golem will have to wait until I hone a bunch more ninja magic at this rate.)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Mithross posted:

Given my relic collection here (google doc, there are tabs for the elements at the end) what would be a good magicite to start at?

I've been attempting Sealion with an entrust bot for Terra's USB OSB combo, and it feels like I'm just not quite there. It doesn't help I don't have a +fire mage weapon. It does feel like I could get it if the stars aligned, but I wanted to see if anyone thought a different magicite would be an easier start. I'm currently using Raines for the fight just because he has my other faithga that's worth a drat (I have braska's but... braska. Also Braska isn't really leveled.). Maybe swap him for a Alph's radiant shield?

Between Yuna and OK BSBs you might be able to get a Sub-30 off Terra, just a clear shouldn't be hard. Just bring Refia along as a self-sufficient 2nd DPS, and hone Meltdown as high as you can for when Terra doesn't have a bar.

That said, yeah, you have two ninjas and a water chain, you should be able to find some combination that makes liquid flame melt.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Share your strategy for the XV CM, I'm too lazy to think about it with all this other stuff going on (and other excuses) but don't want the CM streak to break. Though I don't have a native hastega I do have Iris BSB as the sole relic for the realm so I should have the healing covered otherwise.

I'm assuming tauntaliate works here?

I have the exact same setup relics.
Noct on Chaincharge
Gladio on tauntaliat (use the new Samurai 5* for some damage with your retaliate)
Prompto on PowerBD/FullBreak
Aranea on Lightning Dive
Iris doing healer things
RW Shout

You could find room in Prompto's setup for Affliction Break if you wanna take the teeth off of stuns.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Never chase a single relic.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Armitage posted:

I was hoping one of the two 5* was a BSB but at least I came away from this pull with an USB!

I just can’t get away from Mateus’ Malice in these Final Fantasy gacha games, though :v:

Now it’s time to hold onto my mythril until FFIV.

Congrats on your II Torment CM clears.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

1st AD posted:

I do not have native Cloud USB :smith:

Holy SB's:

Agrias BSB and enHoly SSB (also fully dived with both materias)
Orlandeau BSB and SSB
Celes OSB and BSB1
Cecil OSB and BSB
Hope OSB and BSB2 (I think, it's the summon strike one)
Minfilia BSB (also have her Last Stand/Boostga)
Lenna BSB
Ceodore BSB
Yuna BSB2
Edward BSB

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch more I can't think of right now that I grabbed during the Anniversary. I also have everything Y'shtola and everything for Tyro except his OSB.

Ok so here's what you do
Have Agrias use her enHoly, then Cloud USB RW, then hit her BSB twice. Belias's minions are now dead.
Have the rest of your party focus on the big man.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Did a pull on the 15 banner because there's exactly 1 dupe.
1/11 pops out.
Me: "Hello dupe Iris BSB"
Game: "Take this Noctis LMR that someone else wanted."

I guess it's not bad on a zero SB Noct but doesn't seem super exciting.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Ok so I'm considering Legend Diving Vivi. I only have his BSB and LMR but from what I've seen he's a good LD even with no relics. I'm also 1 or 2 black crystals away from honing Meltdown to R3.

Here's the only thing holding me back: I don't know if he'll help me beat anything. I still have yet to beat the fire and earth magicites and I have plans to Cloud USB Retaliate the fire one and use Fujin BSB to beat earth. I'm not sure if Vivi will matter against the dark and holy magicites since I have a fully Legend Dived Raines with BSB and OSB.

Suggestions?

With proper luck I can sub-30 Golem with SB-less Vivi and Fujin BSB, with no-relic Edge as my 3rd DPS

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

KataraniSword posted:

I guarantee you that the mist form is part of the reason. Mist Dragon requires front-loaded burst damage in same way Shadow Dragon does, but no matter how good you're doing, unless you've got some crazy-rear end chaser action going on, at about 16s into the fight you're going to be sitting and twiddling your thumbs for about two seconds. I think you need to drop it to like 40% before that to avoid it.

Unless you can kill Mist Dragon in under 24 seconds with much of that front loaded, you're going to get a mist form. When she changes depends on which phase she's in (based on HP%) but counts from total actions in the whole fight. Above 70% it's at ~15 seconds, 70%-40% ~20 seconds, under 40% ~25 seconds.

So yeah, your best bet is just know when she's gonna change, and hold your load, take a deep breath, and prepare to unload on her when she changes back. If you start casting an unmodified SB when she is in mist form, she'll have left by the time you finish.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

BGrifter posted:

The XV Crystal Tower banner might be ok in the same way the XV renewal banner was, but it's not up yet.

Fighting the urge to pull myself. Up to 924 mythril after renewal plus 1/2 price story dungeons.

As someone with a healthy horde of mythril in my time, I should point out that every time you pull on a specific banner, the odds of getting a dupe increases, and therefore the overall quality of the banner decreases. So spending 500 on one banner is, on average, gonna be worse than spending 100 on 5. Keep that in mind when considering when to spend.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Just give everyone fire res. I tanked like 5 in a row and only my lvl 80 Rydia died. Also they can be mblinked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Welp, 150 mythrtil and 5 Paine SSBs later, I at least have some water BSBs for Rikku and Tidus. And this rate I'm never gonna see a DPS USB in my lifetime.

• Locked thread