Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

KittyEmpress posted:

I mean, the leveling was also pretty horrid. Being required to do every quest, including heroics, space missions and on level FPs, inorder to stay caught up to the level of the planet was insanely tedious. Especially since there was no group finder for those FPs, so good luck finding people to actually do heroics/FPs with.
In my opinion, the tedium of having to do almost everything wasn't the worst thing about early-days TOR. It was the accompanying fact that you basically had to do everything just to scrape together enough planetary commendations (the horror, the horror) to buy yourself equipment upgrades at the end of every planet - which would then be only barely sufficient for the next planet, where the whole process would start all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Caidin posted:

I did the finale to the sith inquisitor storyline the other day and loved it, but I can't place the theme that plays right when you bust out the ghost power and beat thanaton into the ground and it's bugging me.

Does anyone who did that bit recently know it's name?
Do you mean this bit?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

kippa posted:

Aka the bit where Luke loses his poo poo and goes full badass on Vader. It's such an amazing bit of music.
Great scene in all respects to be sure.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

Agent comps are the best because they are all gaming out how to murder you which is how things should be, since you're an MMO player.

edit: Except for Vector. Maybe his fate for you is worse than death, depending.
It's really just SCORPIO. Kaliyo is just along for the ride and has no personal quarrel with you. Lokin may have an exit strategy and a plan for the eventuality that you betray him, but other than that he's always chummy. Temple is completely loyal.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

Going from some of the recent posts in the "When are the rest of the companions returning?" threads, there's a growing sentiment that they probably aren't so whoever's come back already, that's it. Only evidence to back this is Bioware's not saying anything when asked, even a vague "you'll see some familiar faces returning", that KotFT credits aren't listed in the assorted voice actors IMDB pages, apparently nothing's shown up on any of the datamining done and the nine chapters coming out are all that's left of the storyline, and anything said before about companions returning in general could be pointed at that terminal on Odessen with that technically counting.

I can't see it happening if only with how what happened with SCORPIO went over like a lead balloon, I can only imagine the forums rioting if it happened again with several companions all at once.

Granted that the SWTOR forums do tend to the "we're all doooOOOooooomed" sentiment and when nothing official's said everyone starts assuming the worst, but if it is the case, it's pretty sucky.
This is a very confusing post and I don't see what it has to do with the general attitude of the regular companions toward the Agent. I mean I suppose SCORPIO betrays the Outlander, who might happen to be an Agent, but she doesn't specifically set out to murder them in KOtFE - they're just in her way, as it were.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

For how much Legacy gear I have, I wish they'd have a special storage for it or be able to toss it all into Collections just to let us free up more storage space.
I'd be happy enough if you could just assemble storage crates of two or more armour pieces from the same set when you're not using them.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Has anyone kept count of the number of times a TOR patch noted that the piles-of-corpses-everywhere bug's been fixed?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Magmarashi posted:

Sometimes, on my Jugg, I throw my saber and it doesn't come back to me. I get stuck in the pose and can run around looking like an idiot until I use another combat action, and it persists through mounting.

Other times, the saber comes back but I stay in the pose with it whirling around just out of grasp under my hand.

It's beautiful.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.
God bless the first world for copious amounts of spare time to waste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

It's occurred to me that the video I made is cheating a bit, given that it shows multiple outfits, so in the name of fairness I've decided to choose just one costume as my entry. After some hmm-ing and ahh-ing, giving due consideration to my Brogent and Happy He-Man outfits, I've decided to settle on this one instead:

It's admittedly a little less creative than the other two, but I'm just PRETTY AS A PONY.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

I have to ask, but what outfit is that and where did you get it. I think I want one.
Its imaginative name is Luxurious Dress (plus the must-have Riot Queller's Helm), got it off the GTN and stuck a white/light pink dye into it. I'm somewhat amazed that my Agent could wear it at all, given that pretty much every other stereotypically female costume seems to be women-only.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Verranicus posted:

So what's going on with the game that's got the official forums so pissy?
Anything at all, all the time.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Cross-Section posted:

Oh right, I kind of just lumped all of the Item Stash stuff together there. On the bright side, Kreia's Lower Robes for all your alts! :dance:
Also pointless duplicates of assorted belts, helmets, and colour crystals!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

According to the SWTOR forums rumor mill, Lana is the dev favorite just like Liara and Leliana were.
Wait, when was Leliana a dev fave? Even in Inquisition, she seemed a bit of a hanger-on. I would've thought Morrigan was the developers' darling.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

SgtSteel91 posted:

I wouldn't say she has a crush on the Outlander no matter what, but she does that "this is your ~*Destiny*~" speal a lot, which I feel those playing non-force users would roll their eyes at.
That's not true I think, only the Scion dude (whose name escapes me right now) and Koth keep going on about destiny this and destiny that. Well, they and Valkorion of course, but he's more an observer than a participant in all the events of KotFE. Lana's the pragmatic figure who simply recognises that the Outlander is the Alliance's leader (or figurehead, maybe) by default, and is therefore adamant that they continue fulfilling that role in order to topple the Eternal Empire.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

What I can't figure out in all this is why it is wrong or bad for writers to like the characters they write or try to make them interesting. Like what exactly is the alternative, everybody is bland and lovely and the player character is the only special person in the universe? Isn't that exactly what makes a lot of other video game writing bad? Am I seeing this right, that people are literally angry about a character getting a cool entrance?

Play through Makeb again and tell me how cool and engaging it was to have a bland and forgettable supporting cast.
BioWare: "We really like this character and hope you do, too."
Players: "We don't like this character."

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Even if this were universally true, which it isn't, they are not assholes for trying to write likable characters.
Believe me, I wasn't arguing against you. I don't have any problem with the developers favouring any particular character, but when this issue comes up, it always boils down to the players just disliking the character. Whenever people do like a character, they'll never complain about him/her/hit being on screen a lot and generally being presented as cool and impressive.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've definitely aired my grievances about games before, but I'll typically make one or two posts... and then stop playing the drat thing and move on to a game I do like. I can't really relate to spending months on end narrating blow-by-blow why I don't like a game that I'm actively playing. Like dude, just do something else. Play another game, watch a movie, listen to a funny podcast, go for a walk, I dunno. It's your leisure time, do something you enjoy.
Have you ever read the Mass Effect 3 thread? I have. God help me, I have.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

:siren::siren::siren: AND THE WINNERS OF THE GOONOWEEN COSTUME CONTEST ARE :siren::siren::siren:

1st place - Sombrerotron. High effort video with a hilarious costume. Well done!

2nd place - Chickenwalker. Again, well done entry and who doesn't love Zapp Brannigan?

3rd place - Dely Apple. Just looks good!

We also decided to give a 4th place prize to Aleth since he was gung ho about the contest and posted constantly.

So - Winners may post here what item they want from the Oedzi Memorial tab in the guild bank. Assumption is that Sombrerotron wants the Pike, but there's plenty of other items to choose from for 2-4! Only off limits items are the Flagship parts, everything else is fair game. There are a few droid/beast companions, a Rakghoul weapon tuning, a few armor sets. Post which one you'd like and I'll send it to you - obviously first pick is 1st place, 2nd is 2nd place, etc.

After the 4 have made their choices I'll see what's left and randomly give away a few leftover items to the other people that participated. :)
:woop:

I feel even prettier now than before! Anyway, I will indeed be quite happy to take Senya's pike off your hands, thank you. :)

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

Well no sense arguing about ability bloat anymore.

Sombrerotron, I sent Loveboat the Lightsaber Pike.

Chickenwalker, Dely Tronic, and Aleth post which item you want from the guild bank.

Everything else I'm selling for meth.
Little late, but I got the pike! Thanks!

Unfortunately my beautiful agent cannot actually use it so it'll have to go to an alt, but not before he's at least posed with it:

~~so dreamy~~

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

Gratz man! Unfortunate that you missed out on his heyday where he had some wicked DPS, but it's still a nice little quest to accomplish.
HK-51's still a great companion to have. Admittedly you can eventually get HK-55, but he's a little too chipper for my liking - I prefer 51's more menacing attitude, and have grown rather fond of the understated term "undesirables".

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Hey nonentity, d'you think you could make some more headwear like Saul Karath's hat?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

Our Creator doesn't do armor, so only if you want a Saul Karath hat-gun.
Well maybe he (she?) can pull some strings and get someone else to do it then!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Aleth posted:

A reminder that about 2 weeks remain on this:

Plenty of prizes in the vault for more than the two entries we currently have!
I don't think I ought to be allowed to participate, given that I won the previous contest, but I might whip something up just for the hell of it next weekend or the one after.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Aleth posted:

You can enter just fine and if you win a second fabulous prize it might just encourage some of the other layabouts to enter next time!
Good news!

Aleth posted:

dressing with appropriate modesty
Nailed it

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

fruit on the bottom posted:

Do we still have a Republic presence on JC? I've been drifting on my chars but I've never joined one of the goon guilds yet.
There's Goon Squad, though there's rarely more than 4 people online at any given time and its only raisons d'etre these days appear to be the facilitation of minimal social interaction between TOR-playing goons and granting them a now largely irrelevant XP bonus. I'm fine with it, but if you're looking for something that resembles an actual, active guild, it's probably best to look elsewhere.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Just give me the one-man-band emote. Come on. Do it.

EDIT: I dumb, fix word.

Sombrerotron fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 21, 2017

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Hell yee :sax: :drum:

It even makes sound!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Medullah posted:

So...something for the few goons that still play to think about for the next month or so -

That's No Goon has been effectively a dead guild for the last few years. With the server merges coming, I'm wondering if we should -

a) Try and recruit non-goons to our guild and build it up.
b) Find another better established guild to merge with
c) Leave it as is, knowing it's primarily just a place to park your characters.

The primary reason for TNG over the last few years has been to have a place to chat with Goons while you're playing - but lately there hasn't even been that much chat. And with Discord going, we'll always have a place to talk.

Any goons in active guilds on Ebon Hawk or Shadowlands?
I've made a habit since launch of infrequently subbing for a month or two and then leaving the game alone for several more months after that, so my input should probably be disregarded, but I don't really see the point of merging with another guild (might as well just straight up join whatever guild you like if the goon squad formula doesn't really matter). Attracting non-goons might be okay, though I'm interested in hearing what sort of selection process would be involved. Just letting any interested players in seems like a poor idea. All things considered, it'd be fine with me if TNG just remained a strictly casual goons-only guild.

• Locked thread