Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

acumen posted:

Yeah I'm button mashing and getting owned by bots.

The bots are actually better than the majority of players

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

I'm gonna wield a katana.

Get your weaboo out of my Valhalla

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is it just me or is it to easy to run away when low HP in domination?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

It is easy but from a mechanic standpoint that is fine. A person who is running away is just as bad at holding a control point as someone who is dead (possibly worse).

Yeah that's why I usually let them run because I can accomplish alot more in the time they take to reheal. But idk it just feels like that shouldn't be a thing

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Having a lot of fun with it so far. As a big fighting game guy a lot of the skillset transfers over in terms of mindset. Dueling is super fun and I like that the environment matters, I am a bit poo poo at the team mode though because i always go too far out and get hosed by multiple players.

There is a lot of depth to this combat, its like souls pvp+++.

My problem is deciding if it's worth the $60+$assfuckyourbankdlc

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

hahaha ok the japanese spear class is super super cool, makes me feel like I am actually playing a fighting game. Way longer moves than as far as I know the other classes, has poison and a bunch of dodge stance stuff with pokes at the end. Already had a guy quit out of a duel before it was over with this.

As a beserker gently caress that class

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Wish more games did this

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I feel like this game is better on KB+m, maybe that's because I'm a mount and blade vet but I feel more in control w/KB+m over using a controller and I tried both for the game.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

eonwe posted:

I want to think about buying this after I try it tonight, but Peer to Peer is a major drawback for me. If someone pays $60 for a game then it shouldn't be P2P imo.

I personally like the p2p as I feel it reduces lag in 1v1

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

This is also why Duel/Brawl is more reliable than Domination. P2P poo poo just breaks down past a couple players.

I agree, domination should have dedicated servers.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm having a hard time deciding if they are troll or sjw

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Make sure you guys are upgrading your gear in domination. You shouldn't be lv10 with gearscore of 0.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Why does 1v1 and 2v2 have environmental hazards, I feel like they should be arena type deal

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Yeah, $60 is alot for a game that feels like a newer chivalry or something. Also who knows if the campaign is even going to be good. I do enjoy dueling alot however and that is the main reason I want to buy it

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

TV dog Wishbone of PBS posted:

Dominion really needs to incentivize standing and fighting or just punishing retreats

Dominion isn't about kills they retreat you take objective. Which IMO helps win the game faster than chasing down a kill

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is there a meta for dominion? Like 1 stay home, 2 mid, 1 floater?

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Corte posted:

I'm having fun but I feel like I'm getting outclassed by higher level better equipped players when dueling. Is there going to be any control over matching players of equal skill, level or equipment? It's not as fun picking a lvl 1 character just to go up against a lvl 11 peacebringer.

Equipment isn't a thing in 1v1

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I found out sitting on the close point is insane xp gain. I get about lv4 in 5 mins and from there i just roll over anyone trying to contest. Also I get a poo poo ton of score for "camping"

E: It might of be 3-4 mins, I should time how long it takes.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

The best way I found to deal with people who run away in 1v1 / 2v2 is to sit by the environmental damage and just throw them off when they try to attack. The amount of salt it induces is worth the wait

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Yeah I feel like this game is mainly a 1v1 type game with extra modes sprinkled in

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Ahh you know what gently caress it, pre-ordered. This game absolutely knocks out of the loving park what it sets out to do so even if I got other games on the horizon this will probably still shine through.

Paid $60+ dollars(not counting the new ps4 fightstick I had to buy) for SFV and that was hot garbage, at least this game has content at launch

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Gimbal lock posted:

The game really brings the worst out of people doesn't it.

It's just people who refuse to learn how to counter play styles. The game is pretty balanced nothing it really op.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Hard posted:

Teammates included.

Holy poo poo you attacked my target, he revenged and killed me all because of you.

:raise:

To be fair when I clearly am winning don't come in and give him revenge or mess up my combo go do something else. You have to read the situation and decide if your help is needed or should you go do something else more productive.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

My only real complaint is environmental kills in 1v1. I feel like those should not be a thing at all

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I'm gonna wait till launch see what they change and such

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Sammus posted:

The beta was fun, but I have a feeling the price is going to drop faster than Evolve's price did.

Depends on how the casual crowd takes it. Assuming they will flock to dominion and not 1v1

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Is 2v2 fun? I never tried it over the beta. Just assumed it was 1v1 but you have a chance of someone getting an assist called in

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

TwingeCrag posted:

I am torn as to which platform to buy this game for. I'm pretty sold the gameplay, so that's not really an issue. I experienced minor frame drops when I was playing on PS4, but from what I hear the general consensus is that the console community lingers much longer than the one on PC. But if it's equitable I'd rather play on PC with an xbone controller for that sweet 60+fps and better networking.

I feel like PC has a better community for these type of games. I mean look at chivalry, dead on console but active on PC. Also PC has the mount and blade crowd and some other medival fighter communities.

E: also PC has glorious graphics and modding to probably increase fov beyond 90

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

They keep adding gamemodes but not addressing other concerns. And 4v4 TDM doesn't sound that fun to me. Maybe playing with 3 other goons might be fun tho.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Chomp8645 posted:

I have a great anti-cheat device it's called the XBONE.

Actually like 90% of the reason I own a console is just for games that are at risk of cheating/low pop.

Cheating isn't even that rampant in PC games with good antihacker systems. Like CSGO with their prime matchmaking.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

You know thing about auto blockers and dodgers is you can still kill them. Like in mount and blade, the player using the hack usually sucks and you can easily punish when they try to attack. In for Honor's case parry their attack and gently caress their poo poo up after. Also I feel like people are gonna accuse anyone good at blocking of hacking.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Knights need a peasant class.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I only enjoyed warlord and beserker. I tried every class, but none were as fun as those. maybe Valkyrie or that fat samurai guy might be fun.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

My favorite thing is when people on steam with anime avatars say they aren't weebs and that they just think the samurai faction is the coolest

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Zzulu posted:

Speaking of mics, anyone recommend a good headset? The last one I got wasnt very good and then it broke

I recommend buying a nice pair of studio quality headphones and buying a separate mic. I've noticed that gaming headsets usually tend to be lovely made compared to high end headphones for the same price. And just throw a external mic on it of your choice.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Indecisive posted:

Don't know why you'd want to do it, but it's an option, and options are always nice.

In mount and blade I did movement blocking. Like moving left blocked left. I thought it was faster and allowed me to swing right feint left block

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I pretty much only played beserker in beta. I enjoy swinging two axes to much to try any other class. I love the Dodge parry because it usually leads to big damage.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Can we get a single discord in the OP. Pretty sure there are like 4-6 different discords that have been posted since the start of this thread.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I broke his streak. Never felt more satisfied in a game in a long rear end time.

Where's the salt pics of him raging about losing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

I like how no one maps vote. Allows me to do choose whatever I want