Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Random question and probably a stupid one but when a player throws an alley oop off the backboard is that a miss and rebound or is it an assist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EvanTH posted:

Ehh, seems like the MJs and Kobes of the league are generally unhappy people. They sacrifice all sorts of personal stuff in order to be able to Always Beat Other People Always and they wind up isolated and weird.

There's a certain amount of diminishing returns up at the top and if he can already provide for his family and those around him he really doesn't need to make himself (and them) unhappy dedicating himself to a game.

I think it's a good way to be, no need to care exclusively about the job.

I think the Kobe and MJs are just obsessed with winning at all costs so they are intensely focused for eight months out of the year and that's one of the reasons they were as great as they were.

Kobe's "what's there to be happy about?" press conference illustrates this beautifully.

Pay me enough money and I'll care exclusively about your ballsack.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

got some chores tonight posted:

the league is good and cool right now and making the cavs give up lil kev or the warriors give up klay doesnt actually make games more fun to watch

i hate the warriors just like i hated the heat when lebron was there and it makes it more dramatic and intriguing to watch

i grew up watching jordan and the 72-10 team is my favorite team of all time and watching cleveland beat GSW in such an awesome fashion was probably one of the greatest sports moments i have ever seen.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Random thought of the day but If I have have kids and they seem like they could be really good at sports I'm going to give them the nickname "Boo" so that if they get boo'd they are actually getting cheered.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Are the cavs big three really questionable or is this a sly way to give them rest without saying that?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Today I learned that Lebron hit his first game winning buzzer beater in 2009 (against the Warriors!) which seems way later than I thought it would have been.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
He's playing the long con. Come playoff time they won't guard him and he will average 45 points on 11-11 from 3 every game.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BWV posted:

he'll probably want to head to Memphis by Monday anyway.

There needs to be a reporter that asks KD "hey KD do you want to get treated to [insert team warriors lose to] now?"

That reporter would be the real MVP.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Because he should have been running the clock. Even if he makes it 60% of the time the smart move is still to take it when the shot clock is close to zero, not when there's plenty left.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wrong thread again

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wish the Magic weren't garbage so that watching their games means I feel like I have something to look forward to instead of it just being an exercise in futility. Basketball is fun to watch, just not when I'm rooting for my favorite team's success.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Cuban owns

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
If I had billions there is a 99% chance I would be a total rear end in a top hat.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Joel Embiid went to high school in Gainesville, FL.

I graduated from high school in Gainesville, FL.

So basically, we know eachother.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
When Shaq played I thought he was a piece of poo poo but I look back on his career and realize that he was pretty fun to watch. His all star game highlights are some of the best.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Did the Kazaam kid ever fix his teeth?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How bout those basketball games

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It's okay because he is a football player

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just thought this was funny:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also are the 76ers a legit good team? I can't comprehend what I am seeing.

I pretty much hate every team except the Magic (and tbh I hate the Magic more then every team usually) unless there's some crazy stuff around it (I was rooting for Cleveland in the finals, for example) but I can't help but root for the 76ers.

Am I invited to the bandwagon?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Noctone posted:

i submit to you, the quintessential example of why the 24-hour news cycle has ruined media

What are you trying to say?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
$10 parlay bet on all the underdogs last night would've won $1.4 million.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Just wanna say the Celtics-Wizards rivalry is pretty awesome from the perspective of someone who really doesn't have a stake in either team. I will be watching.

Good job NBA you made your regular season really interesting for me :)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Spacebump posted:

It's good the league might be starting to get real rivalries again. I wish tonight's game was nationally televised.

I live in VA so I'm lucky enough to have CSN-Mid Atlantic and I get to watch.

George Morteschahqhwenns (the really tall guy who played for the Bullets way back when) is doing an interview and it's not going well because of the language barrier.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
#NotMyVets

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Niwrad posted:

Nazr threw Lebron to the ground like the soft bitch he is and for that he will always be cool.

AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The NBA is cool and fun and probably the most fun sports league right now.

Thanks that's my sizzling hot take.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I agree Don. I agree.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

chunkles posted:

Is this guy a real reporter? Magic fans?

https://twitter.com/chadevanssports/status/828003027789475842

Also, re: Steve Kerr. Did he ever do poo poo like that as a player? Aside from the time he punched MJ.

MJ punched him.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

He blows.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

euphronius posted:

Jordan Shaq and Kobe and pau were very good

[Insert coach who won a title except for Larry Brown here] had [insert superstar here]

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

euphronius posted:

Jackson was infamous for letting the players run the huddle and call plays so . Lol. He also famously could not manage Kobe and shaq.

I'm not a fan.

Idk man I feel like 11 rings means he was exactly the coach he needed to be.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

euphronius posted:

Shaq won one . Kobe was out of his prime when Jackson bailed .

Who do you think is a great coach? Because by your metric I think only Larry Brown would qualify, at least in the last 40 years or so.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

If you think that stupid motherfucker doesn't need to be blasted in the face with the fact that he has no chance you haven't seen girls deal with "nice guys" before. She's a hero

You know how they say misery loves company?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I thought ads on jerseys were bad enough ugh

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

No fun league

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zogo posted:

Sports games seem to have short learning curves compared to some games that people can play for years without mastering.

False. Play the right group of people and you'll get smashed like 150-40.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think Louisville would be lovely for an NBA franchise and I'm basing that on nothing.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kalli posted:

Also that Oakley is an alcoholic with anger problems:

https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/830162406156468226

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

NBA best sports league

• Locked thread