Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Do you save the world in this game? They haven't really given a time line of this game at all. They might need to start young so it makes more sense for them to be still alive in mass effect andromeda 3 that is set 50 years later.

World being Arkship, but probably. Seems like that dude that they ran into in the trailer just released is gonna gently caress up the Arkship some how. Your idea of time line makes sense through and scaling younger at the start makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
It does open up some nice possibility through for sequels/side stories where different Alliance races go off track over the past 600 years, get weird, and show up either as a antagonist or a new species to interact with.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Drifter posted:

Yep. That's the ending where the Reapers destroy civilization and you see Liara's hologram buried underground explaining how the next civ can go abotu killing the reapers.

I always wanted Shepard to just bury EDI instead.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I was shocked how good the basic Solider class was without all the crazy ammo powers.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
She's pretty good. There is a feeling of quite tragically under the calm facade after talking with her for a little bit. The rules that she follows and her backstory make it sound like she willing follows the code just to give her life some purpose.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Thor-Stryker posted:

Ryder's casual gear is now a red flannel shirt paired with 'ex-girlfriend'-cut pants and black box-rimmed glasses with no inserts.

Just go all out and make them full hipster:

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Trast posted:

Birds have light, hollow bones so if turians are bird aliens that tracks.

Bird/Dinosaurs aliens. Really did like the original races design where there is a clear difference between races that where predators compare to prey.

quote:

Turians typically stand over six feet tall, have two long, proportionately thick fingers and an opposable thumb on each hand, each tipped with talons, and a set of mandibles around their mouths. The most distinguishing feature of turians is their metallic carapace, which contains trace amounts of thulium. The turians evolved this trait as a defense against the greater levels of solar radiation that penetrate their homeworld's weak magnetic field.

Turian features are avian, making them resemble humanoid birds or raptors, however unlike most Earth avian creatures, turians are viviparous and give birth to live young. In 2165, David Anderson claimed that turians reminded him of the evolutionary link between birds and dinosaurs. Turians are also recognisable by their voices, which have a distinctive flanging effect. Males and females do not differ greatly in physical appearance, but female turians lack the crest of horns found in the males of the race. The lifespan of a turian is comparable to that of a human.

Turians exhibit the characteristics of predators rather than those of prey species (compare to krogan biology). Their forward-facing alert eyes give the impression that they possess outstanding eyesight and their teeth and jaws mimic the structures possessed by apex predators such as crocodiles or ancient, carnivorous dinosaurs. Needless to say, their talons on both their feet and hands seem capable of ripping flesh. As such, their diet is primarily meat-based. Their slender bodies also seem to suggest that they are also capable of moving at high speeds.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
To be fair soldier is pretty much the default for all turians. Would be cool if Vera was more of a scientist type.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The only thing demo's do now a days is to get pre-orders canceled. The money and time is better spend on getting youtube starts to hype up the game through limited release videos and controlled gameplay time.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Its worded really bad but its basically saving that the Multiplayer can only help you in the single player instead of being required (at launch) like at ME3 to get the war assets for high enough for the best outcome.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cythereal posted:

Assuming all aliens have exactly the same body type. Racist.

Well THANKS now I want to see a fat Turian.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

SgtSteel91 posted:

I guess female Krogan have face paint like Turians

But, yeah, these shots look pretty good

That's a female krogan? Is she a squad mate?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

SgtSteel91 posted:

Actually I thought they might have been Nakmor Kesh, Superintendent for the Nexus. But previous shots of her are different from this Krogan. It could still be Kesh and they changed the model, or maybe this is a different Krogan and she's the engineer for the Tempest, idk.

That's a shame, cause a female Krogan teammate would give a nice and different perspective of the species/genophage to interact with.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Pattonesque posted:

yeah I mean am I missing something here

This thread is starved for new content and is hyper detailing every last thing.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Trast posted:

A really old dude being made at younger people about things sounds natural to me.

Guess it depend on much you trust Bioware to be able to write "I'm getting to old for this poo poo" without coming off repetitive.

Wrex was the old man of the group the first time around so hopefully it works out again.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Bioware really just can't win with FemRyder can they? Every time she has to emote it looks awkward as gently caress.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

frajaq posted:

Hmm alright gameplay looks solid, although the teammate AI looked a bit silly just standing there. Some of the enemies too, hopefully that's fixed before launch

That the one thing I'm worried about : We get so many powers it gets balanced against dumb enemies that are bullet sponges.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
$10 for a unlimited Mass Effect Multiplayer hit does seem like a pretty good deal...

Through it sounds more like its gonna be a pay-in stress test for the Multiplayer before it goes officially live.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Okay, hype levels getting pretty high here.

That was a nice flavor touch that investing in the adapt profile changes the jump pack ability to use biotics instead of a physical jump pack.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Magical Zero posted:

Combat doesn't look that great, but that could be because the AI seems completely braindead. Hopefully it's because they're playing on a lower difficult or something.

I honestly think it gonna be alot of dumb meatshields but with the ease of switching skill sets and causing triggers/explosions with your teammates is going to be the focus. So real flashy with a lot of feedback of flying bodies/dead mooks everywhere.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Well we are going to have a ton of canaries in the coal mine with the 10 hour week early preview so that won't be so bad.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Feb 23, 2017

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Drifter posted:

Somebody mentioned this earlier, but it really kinda bothers me - Mass Effect Andromeda doesn't seem like you have the option of telling your teammates what powers to use.
There's just that one empty space next to your squad mates.
:crossarms:

From the last video it doesn't look like they have that many abilities and function more as primar/detonators bots more then anything else.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Drifter posted:

What does this mean? Like, liam only has the power to freeze a person, and COra only has the power to explode a person, and if you freeze someone you tell cora to blow them up?

Yes, they show it off here in the video that as released today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM&t=186s

In the video they do a singularity and then have Cora Charge into it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Baron Corbyn posted:

I want to change my character's face, but I think Dad Ryder is one of the cooler looking characters in the game.

I hope gibbed gets his hands on this game and figures out a way to replace the default Ryder face with Dad Ryder.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

The Lone Badger posted:

I thing Greenmangaming is cheaper than buying from origin directly.

Its a race between GMG and Amazon Prime for the cheapest standard edition.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DoggPickle posted:

I'm randomly pissed off that 90% of posters think that rich folks wouldn't fund space exploration even then it has no possible payoff within their lifetime. That's not just demonstrably wrong but really frickin cynical.

The smarter you are, the more likely you are to care about alien life and space travel. It's magical and awesome, and it has nothing to do with payoff at all.

Peter Thiel would fund it just for the chance to get some of that sweet sweet alien blood and live forever.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

marshmallow creep posted:

Oh, hey, Bioware's PAX East schedule:

Developer Signings?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I'm pretty sure EA also make money off the free DLC with people paying real cash value for boxes to unlock the new stuff faster.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

exquisite tea posted:

Isn't Liara still some nobody grad student at the time this Pathfinder mission would be chartered?

It's best not to think too hard about those type of plot holes.

I'm just hoping we get to deal with a Krogan/Asari that was awake for the whole 600 year trip.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Vorcha getting the Krogan "Learn not to be dicks" treatment would actually be pretty fun. Would even try out a Vorcha squadmate after playing a Vorcha in multiplayer.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

AngryBooch posted:

Aren't Vorcha like massive sentient bacteria colonies or something? They gross.

The're non-bug cockroaches. Heal real fast, breed real fast,adapt to different enviroments fast, and are hard to kill. Great front line soldiers but a little too unstable for anything else.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MarshyMcFly posted:

I like how the complete launch trailer isn't even out and we're making GBS threads on it already.

Everything is poo poo until I can mainline the multiplayer straight into my veins.

The rest are just false highs.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Nomad driving looks fun, dealing with upgrades not so much.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
The cool thing is with Amazon Prime you can wait a week to see how the reviews go and then order it for 20% off. Even the PC version, they got a empty box copy!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Vitamin P posted:

So that trailer said the Kett are "visitors, just like us," so either they were talking about a particular planet the Kett aren't native to or the Kett came from outside Andromeda.

Be funny as hell if it turns out the Ketts are just like us but coming from a galaxy on the opposite end of Andromeda and running away from, oh I don't know, the Creepers or some poo poo.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RBA Starblade posted:

This realization leads to peace talks between the Council races and the Kett which quickly break down when the Kett ask which color the Council chose for their galaxy.

"You'r people didn't pick the Orange ending?.........Savages"

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Pattonesque posted:

that image is bleak as hell. games as work, my god

Part of the reason why every one is loving the new Zelda is that it completely does away with all of that. If you find something, great! If not the game isn't gonna tell you about it.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
GameSpot got their hands on the Character Creator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHvIJLUk2wo

Gonnna need to get a Monster Factory on this Stat!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

gmq posted:

It's $5 to get access to the trial, right?

Also, is GMG the cheapest place to get the game right now? I'm guessing that 20% discount will vanish after the game launches.

If you have Amazon Prime Amazon is selling a empty box with a Origin code in it for 20% off up to two weeks after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

I like the person completely motionless in the background there.