Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't envy the campaign manager in 2020 trying to figure out whether to blanket America in ads, throw it all into rallies, or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm concerned that Trump is post-reality and his voters will will themselves into a placebo-type effect where they believe things are getting better while nothing changes / gets worse

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Venom Snake posted:

Bickering about the primary endlessly while the world burns around us is silly. If you have a point like "She should have done X" or "Bernie appeals to Y" that's welcome discussion. What I think Lastgirl wants to avoid is "I told you so" spam which gets us nowhere.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
New Proposed Amendment: Only Republicans can be politicians

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Phi230 posted:

now that trump is president we'll get some cool new wars to make video games out of

Secretary of Space Newt Gringrich declares war on Moon

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Massachusetts has good healthcare, legal weed, and it's not too far from where I already live. Looks like I have a preferred destination in four years!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Oh Snapple! posted:

but do you want to put yourself in closer proximity to boston accents

aw gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

The Puppet Master posted:

what are the chances that the next DOJ+DEA is gonna start rounding up those state legal/federal illegal weed store owners and confiscating all the cash they are making

Not 0% but luckily I won't be making moving decisions anytime soon! Sounds like a lovely way for Donny to push his LAW AND ORDER :doink: plan.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
the motherfucker just screamed how does this mean you can't be the democratic nominee what the gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

NumberLast posted:

The WA state senate is 25 to 24 Dem.

But a shitheel Dem caucuses with the Republicans, giving them control.

Hooray, Washington politics!

why

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

bump_fn posted:

Just got off the phone w some friends and family about calling their reps and getting involved and I feel like that dbz Alex jones video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKVMUGwKcLE

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
cory booker's gonna start anthony weiner-ing more women to build up the "i'm straight" cred for a 2020 run

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I don't believe the Constitutional Convention scare-hype (although if it's useful in making people turn out for local elections, well...)

republicans are god awful but there are some of them that will realize the unilaterally passing some constitutional amendment goes beyond party loyalty and is totally and 100% :stare:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
and what loving amendment could they pass? balanced budget? no abortion? "REPUBLICANS WIN FOREVER" amendment?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

zen death robot posted:

Revoke the 22nd

only after they repeal the 17th

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Zikan posted:

this is clinton's one chance to partially redeem herself, just say "i was wrong" and let the bernie wing takeover

given how ungracefully she's taken the loss i'm fully expecting her to throw her weight behind some third way piece of poo poo

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Harry Reid picked a wrong time to stop sniffing glue / being the Senate minority leader

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
donna brazile ain't sticking around anyway

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

should they have left the position of DNC chair unfilled during the 2016 presidential election?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
y'all lusting for blood (which is understandable) but it's silly because all your supposed enemies literally bent the knee without you having to do anything. barring an act of god or keith ellison having a secret human trafficking operation in his basement, the progressives are going to own the DNC from the top down

this is the worst civil war i've ever seen. D+

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
even Howard Dean's argument for being DNC chair over Keith Ellison isn't a battle over ideology, it's literally just "it's a full time job and you are a current sitting house rep" which isn't wrong

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
howard dean will make the dean scream mandatory at all democratic events

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

mrmcd posted:

I dunno man, betting markets seem to think it's on like Donkey Kong

I would lol at this but I've been molested by so many monkey paws this year I don't even know.

don't make me whip out predictit from the michigan primaries or from election day

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
reminder this is not the time, place, or forum to air primary grievances

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powercrazy posted:

Hey Remember when Hillary Clinton was a shoo-in for what was supposed to be a historic landslide of an election?

:salt:

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Terror Sweat posted:

personally i think the way forward is more superdelegates

i wonder if the republicans still want to go through with superdelegates. sure they won, but it was trump instead of somebody more mainstream like rubio or zodiac killer

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

Also it's really funny that we are now throwing around Ted Cruz's name as a "mainstream" "establishment" Republican

Ted Cruz was the buggy beta version of Donald Trump

nobody likes him now or before but in comparison to donald trump... uh

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
for some reason I keep reading the title as America is Great because America is Food and i get confused

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

loquacius posted:

I tried reading the replies to that tweet, imagining an outpouring of support for the only strong Democratic figure still standing and the de facto leader of what may well become its new ruling faction

how loving dumb am I

oh my god it's 50% primary salt and 50% more primary salt fuckfuckfukcufkcukf

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Borders still exists in Malaysia, I saw them myself.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Lastgirl posted:

This.

Mods, can we just start probating identity politics chat? I feel like it's a necessity because we keep looping right the gently caress back to it and god knows D&D has plenty of circular firing squads for this over their threads.

"We should reform education." :geno:

"Why should we when people are getting gunned down in the street?" :grin:

"We should probably look to shifting off the industrial model so people can find some financial stability and be put to work instead of drinking away in their dilapidated rural homes and misdirecting their rage and worsening the cascading effects of all the messes we're in." :geno:

"LMAO "ECONOMIC ANXIETY!" LMAO. Btw people are being gunned down in the streets." :grin:

:smugjones:

"We should probably focus on some outreach programs that gives minorities gainful vocational employment, towards infrastructure, healthcare, and robotics in the long run." :geno:

"Pfft as that will ever exist with institutional racism." :grin:

"Yeah which is why we should prioritize the issues and list them out to erode the symptoms that causes such institutions because it's not going away overnight." :geno:

Or we could just go with the c-spam posting route of

"bernie is good and cool. death is certain, inshallah." :bernget:

"how many sex cakes do you think could feed a family of 4?"

I prefer that.

my take: no

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
You have to be pretty delusional to think that Podesta was disparaging Ecuadorian cuisine. But hey if you have a drug farm there maybe you grow to like that cuisine quickly!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Radbot posted:

The notion that helping the working class somehow means selling out minorities is retarded, and is being pushed by people desperately trying to find ANY reason not to have their incomes redistributed (see, the white liberals posting at work in this thread)

trumpfaces.gif

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm gonna start ramping up past 6ers if y'all keep the bad posting up

I mean I already did but apparently I didn't give enough out

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Tell me where to throw my $$$ to buy that obama picture

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

oh so now you like giant pictures of peoples faces!?!?!

:sweatdrop: gently caress

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
what the gently caress is happening itt

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

NumberLast posted:

Literally what's been happening since the thread started. :v:

weird posting about lena dunham and abbi somethingwhatever

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Al! posted:

dont mind me just workin my tump job (pulls huge comical lever, another female comedian pops out a huge chute) ok lady apologize

i can't believe there are 7000 of these positions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

My Linux Rig posted:

well after a while it's just asking the same lady comedian to apologize over and over

one time susan sarandon popped out of the machine and she kept emphasizing over and over again that she was actually for jill stein

• Locked thread