Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You know what underrated? Gassing out-of-control threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

I still think that nothing will happen to strip the rights the LGBT community has already received. I understand the fear of it, but don't think they're high enough on the "poo poo we need to deregulate to fix the country" list for Trump and Co.

We'll find out when Trump starts naming justices. Personally, I don't know what Trump really thinks about the civil rights of queer folks, or if he has a considered opinion at all. I know that neither he nor any of his adult children are gay, which means he probably hasn't given it much thought. If young Barron happens to be gay, and if this shows up real soon, Trump may have a Rob Portman moment. But, given his age, he probably has a vaguely antipathetic feeling which will guide him.

PHOP: You know what's overrated? Manhattan.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Seasons are about daylight. Right now, where I am, we have less, and I have to get up in the dark, envying Argentinians and New Zealanders.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

icantfindaname posted:

Midwestern liberals are boring and very very white

See also: Canadians

Nearly everyone is boring.

You know what's underrated? Predictability.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Junkiebev posted:

I admire Stalin b/c was a pretty impressive guy and without him the Russians lose the second world war which then causes the allies to lose. Also his guidance took a nation of illiterate peasants into space in a very short period of time. Additionally, the famines which killed many were unavoidable in the post-civil war environment however I will grant that the collectivization efforts made the death toll higher.

Basically I'm a fan of the man. Thanks for killing The Hitler Papa Joe!

Without Stalin at what point? Because without Stalin at all, Finland is the home of the Soviet fleet.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I've never been terribly musical myself, and have found some things to be decent tunes, but do not tend to obsess over the stuff. Until the advent of recorded and later, broadcast music, I think lots of people didn't care for music at all, or only cared very little, and it would be a good thing if society found a way back to that.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

areyoucontagious posted:

Qft

Hyperbole aside, I think I actually meant to say people in soulless jobs that are clearly not fantastic talented people who are great at their jobs. So only old bitter pieces of poo poo that are a loving drag all the time should be forced out. Obama looks like he could probably be cool at a corporate party

Where is the line between old bitter piece of poo poo and the guy who tried what you want to do X years ago and can tell you why it didn't work for him?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Collateral Damage posted:

What if you masturbate while questioning your own existence?

cogito ergo cum

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Sourdough bread is rather overrated, and should be thought of as a very low-effort pet.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

oldpainless posted:

Meg dies in Little Women

More like oldsisterless.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Tony Bologna posted:

Issac Hayes' cover of "Close to You" is better than The Carpenters' in every way.

I don't know if I agree (Karen C. had a sweet, clear voice), but I thank you for informing me of this recording's existence. It is choice.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Wheat Loaf posted:

BBC House of Cards is better than Netflix House of Cards.

You might think that, but I couldn't possibly comment

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Surprisingly unpopular opinion: Nixon deserves no credit for EPA, OSHA, or any of the other domestic stuff apologists like to drag out. Look at the Congress he had to work with: they were going to pass this stuff with him or without him. Nixon was a good enough politician to know when to step in front of the parade, that's all.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

bean_shadow posted:

Ventriloquism is obnoxious. I would say that this isn't an unpopular opinion but it's disturbing how famous Jeff Dunham is. A FB friend of mine went to one of his shows recently. I just thought to myself, "WHY?!"

And some ventriloquists (maybe all of them, I don't know) are just downright creepy about their dummies. Edgar Bergen had an entire bedroom for Charlie McCarthy and, according to his daughter Candice Bergen, the dummy had a bigger wardrobe than she did.

It would be wrong not to bring up 1978's Magic with Anthony Hopkins as Corky, and his dummy Fats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzrduy5h3G0

Charlie was making more money than she was.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Congress created the EPA. Nixon signed off on it.

Unpopular opinion: ketchup is perfectly fine in its time and place.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
More like Old Dreddless.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I just want to debauch a sloth.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
No widely spoken language is going to be without regional accents, and it's silly to argue over them.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Nameless Pete posted:

Even if you're adjusting the grading curve because it's a kids' movie, The Goonies is only "okay" at best.

:hai:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
My PHUO: immigration laws exist hand-in-hand with trade agreements to attempt to keep workers where they are while capital can move freely across borders to achieve the cheapest possible labor conditions for the owners of capital. Everything else involved is a sideshow.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
The secret instructions are encoded in the blue cheese, and you must destroy the evidence.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

MagusofStars posted:

The closest you get here in the US is that you can order online ahead of time and (for a fee of course) someone from the store will walk through the aisles and pre-purchase your poo poo then put it in bags for you, so you just drive up, walk into the store and pick up your already-bagged groceries.

In essence, you’re trading $X in order to save yourself the 30+ minutes of walking the aisles and standing in the checkout line. Doesn’t remove the need for a car though since you still have to get all those bags home.

No, you're wrong.https://www.peapod.com/shop/auth/index.jhtml
Not lazy enough to use them myself, but they are out there.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
If they don't riot, no one ever listens to anyone from Sandtown-Winchester.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Gumbo is really tasty, and I feel okra may undeservedly have got a bad rap.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I truly believe everyone who posts in this thread is trolling. Except me, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I do not care for coffee.