Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Drinkfist posted:

Hey Mylan can I borrow your super Elza? I wanna give Maxwell a few more tries and really need a carry.

Drinkfist's Friend Code:
996 437 855

If not Mylan then anyone who thinks they got a friend unit that can simply kill Maxwell and nothing more. I am just trying to at least get the Trust Moogle out of this garbage.

Any idea what they did to cause all the crashing recently? Everything was working fine a few weeks ago and then with the Mission update all the Memus started reporting crashes all over the place.

Sent you an invite, my Elza's dual wielding her TM scyths and while lacking some of the more juicy TMs hits like a truck.

I have a few spots left at 713,079,978

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

AegisP posted:

I was so jealous when I looked at your Elza's scythes, Kalas.

Though that reminds me, is there a particular reason why you have her equipped with NO Esper? Not even Ifrit?

Oh, she usually has Ifrit for the event, but I've been moving people around for various things.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
I started playing after all the easy esper farm events. I dumped everything into Diablos to get him to ** for this event.
I don't have much to level the espers up with.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

At the same time, you do realize that each chunk of Dual Wield is only using one hand's worth of ATK, right? Not the entire thing?

A 4-hit barrage with each hit doing 50k damage and an 8-hit barrage with each hit doing 25k damage are effectively equivalent. The only time #hits becomes relevant is when you're either using things like the Aurora Scarf/Twin Lance which just flat out add hits, or in Arena where damage is capped.

Right but say you are using two 120 attack weapons giving you a total of 600 attack. Minus one of those would mean each hand is attacking at 480 right? So it wouldn't be half.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Bridge elite done, it wasn't too bad but multiple rezzes were used.

Managed to get Gilgamesh in three 11 pulls.

Yay for yet another thing to TM.

I noticed the new Fatty Chobo was in, but the stuff there isn't as important to get vs the Earrings for me.
The shield does look nice, but I don't need the 200 quartz rod-equip materia, and as good as they are 300 quartz for a TM Moogle is nuts.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

m.hache posted:

So the new spear from this event: is it worth using over the Halloween one?

It's lower attack but the double attack thing isn't quite clear how useful it would be.

It doubles normal (non special move) attack hits. Give it to say a dual wielding Elza or Maxwell and you get 4 * 2 (dw) * 2 (twinspear) attacks for a total of 16 hits. This tends to generate a ton of lb/esper crystals.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

McSpankWich posted:

Someone should do this on their friend unit for troll purposes. Like that guy with Locke and charm bangle. If you give her an Aurora Scarf also will her norma attack hit 8 times? 12 times?

As I understand it twin lance and aurora scarf use the same effect and won't stack.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Daily half price...Panelo...

I will not be a victim of this bad pull curse.

Summon ticket from cheap black friday bundle:

Bedile.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Team cheese whiz!

I farmed this team this morning. I almost felt bad about it.

People need to learn to set a static team so their TM farm doesn't pop up like this.

Of course there's the entirely possible case that the player really, really likes Chizuru.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Skyridge posted:

Attention KalasSA

Your friend units seem to almost never have any espers on them. Is there a reason for this or did you just forget?

Ah, same reason as last time someone asked :)

My espers are mostly poo poo, I wasn't around for the FFT thing that apparently everyone maxed theirs to 2* level 40.

The minor stat boost I'd get I'd rather not take the 50% elemental penalty. I did run Ifrit during the BF event to make my Elza fire tanky, but that's over.

The one decent one I have is Diablos, but that gives the worst penalty in Arena, since everyone at the high end seems to have Excaliburs.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Palleon posted:

My usual party is Lightning/CoD/Dracu Lasswell/Tellah/Lenna, so I'm really leaning towards Cecil for the Excalibur since I think that fits Lightning the best of the two swords, since she needs to keep a katana in one hand since I have blade mastery, and maybe one day I'll get lucky and pull an Orlandeau. Any thoughts?

I used to use Kefka in my party but I moved in Tellah for Arena because of raise, and I do have an Exdeath but he's still 3* level 8 so a ways away from him being viable, but I suspect he'll replace Tellah when the time comes, so dualcast seems a lot less needed for me than it did a month ago. Agrias/WoL/Cecil step in place of CoD or Lasswell as appropriate.

If you plan on using Lightning in the arena, Excalibur is worse then Save the Queen. Every Cecil you run into will laugh at you.
Otherwise, it's a very nice weapon. Dual cast is good as well, you can stick it on a healer.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Sigh, sure....... And it's...... 5% of a Drain TM.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Acelerion posted:

With games like this, are there any requirements that keep them from manipulating rates in a way that encourages people to spend money?

For example, rewarding a player the first time they pull with cash. Punishing those that are ftp for long periods of time. Or whatever else could psychologically encourage people to whale out.

Mind games to get people to spend money is the entire point of these games. And it's legal.

In JP there are all sorts of protection against rigging the actual odds.

In fact, early on there was a great idea that in order to make an uber powerful unit, you would need other rare units from the gatcha. That was made outright illegal.

Compensation in American games is a joke. In JP they lavish it in the players anytime there is a mistake.

'Oh, a rare unit didn't have the right odds? Here's ALL the gems you spent on that banner back.'

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Nuebot posted:

If you're like me and you like to trawl through the app stores playing whatever game has a cool looking icon, a good way to quickly know whether or not a gacha based game will be absolute poo poo is if the requirement to evolve or skill up a unit is that you have to have a duplicate of that same unit. It's not illegal everywhere, so a lot of games still have the insane super rare gacha units that require you to get more of them to make them useful.

Phantom of the Kill is like this. I enjoyed that game for awhile, but I maxed out farmable monsters.
If you want your waifu from the gatcha maxed? God help you.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Puzzle and Dragons did this for the global server once years ago. A Godfest was supposed to start but apparently didn't and IIRC the game said the godfest was live as well, so people pulled but at normal non-godfest rates. It was fixed within minutes but every pull from that timeframe was refunded and people got to keep whatever they'd pulled in that time.

I was there for that one, I'm pretty sure I didn't have a pile of stone for that godfest, more's the pity.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Rigel posted:

OK, how about the other way around. If the crystal shows up rainbow, is that always base 5 or is it sometimes awakened?

It can be a troll, I have had a natural 5* Elza and a troll 5* awoken some-random-piece-of-crap in an 11 pull.

And I've had a blue reform up to rainbow and pop out Luneth on a single pull.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
I got a hope. This banner has been a pile of disappointment. I look forward to being disappointed tomorrow all over again.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Acceptable....

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Cat Pilot posted:

Discord sorta peer pressured me to 11 pull. I regret nothing:

I regret not being there for that. (the peer pressure part)

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007
Just a heads up, account got suspended. I use Memu a great deal for TM farming, but no hacks/injections for cheating.

Put an email in to support asking what's up, hope this was a mistake.

I spend way to much money on these mobile game's IAP to risk bans from cheating, so not sure what's happened.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

There are a lot of people who have been macroing for months and haven't been banned. There's no proof Kalas was banned for macroing, we have no idea why his account was suspended and there's nothing to do but wait until he gets a response from Gumi and posts it.

Though honestly considering the amount of people who macro and haven't been banned, I'd say you don't need to be scared.

I'm worried it was all the frequent crashes I've been having again, I kept getting dumped to a 'feedback' page over the last few days which was a new one.

Seriously it would be a release for me too if I didn't get this account back. I would probably be able to give up IAP entirely if I lost all the effort/money I put into this one.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Go RV! posted:

It's fine. Orlandu is a trap banner. Get your bunnygirl and the equipment you can for her.

Right, as much as I'd normally say keep rerolling for an uber unit, Leather Bunny Singer is limited and pretty drat decent for a new player (and easy to gear, important). Not only that but we also have Rain's 6* as well so you can use those to carry until you snag an uber unit.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Tipme posted:

Why pull for Orlando when onion knight is on the way. Why pull for onion knight when cloud is on the horizon.

Pull for everything ever time.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Do we know if Yun and Ling are only going to be available for this event, or are they being added to the pool afterwards? It's kinda lovely that every global exclusive unit so far has been time-limited so if you don't whale for them you'll never have a chance to get them again.

They want your monies. All of it.

If it's like how Gumi did Brave Frontier, I would not be surprised to see them next year. Probably at the same time they give them enhancements to make them relevant again.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Tipme posted:

80 pulls here:

23 Sheras
0 Shine
0 Olive
1 Emperor :gbsmith:

Good grief, that's almost like you were pulling on the old banner.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah, too bad you need 25 unit slots unused to claim that reward.

Getting a pile of Gigantaurs should be something to celebrate.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Armitage posted:

So, the 20 NRG boss in the DA event...

How do you even damage this thing? It seems like the boss has an insane amount of HP and defensive stats. I can survive the first hit but nothing I've done can even move the HP bar.

Make sure you are not using any element other then Lightning or Dark first off all....

Basically it's ultimas or lots of hard hitting physical attacks.

Get a beefy Olive friend to make it easier, as she doesn't run afowl of the bosses really strong elemental defenses.

The boss is no joke, but she can be ATK/MAG broken to reduce how much damage she's doing, that will go a long ways.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Most RNG seeds use the time() as part of their calculation. It's still RNG gonna RNG, so it won't actually help.

Does anyone have a BiS (or near) Enhanced Elza yet? I wanna nab the two Echidna summon tickets without hassle. :(

Dana, mine's at +2 passive +2 madness rush, fairly well geared.

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Just looked at her, yeah, that's almost perfect. Can you throw her on Diabolos and swap the Bracer for the Sun Barrette? :) That should tear through things no problem.

Done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

Dana Crysalis posted:

Much obliged. I was a dummy and figured I could bum rush it, and lost 40 energy for my hubris, but went in again with Minfilia and proper buffing, and while my calculations must've been off somewhere, Elza still did a very respectable 800k or so damage a round.

I'm just happy my first 'good' unit has come around again in use.

• Locked thread