Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
There will not be a 2017 season of Formula 1. It passed away at age 66 on November 27, 2016. RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Here is a message for u... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAPxFDE807s

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It has been a day of mixed emotions... on one hand it's great to see Rosberg publically acknowledging that he's a very bad driver who only won because of EU lobbying and quit out of guilt... on the other hand it's sad that the FIA hasn't acted accordingly yet... surely their hate for Lewis is not big enough to deny him the championship... I doubt they will want the WDC list in the history books to look like this...

2008 Hamilton
Button
Fraudulent Vettel
Seb Fraudtel
Newey tbh
The Fraud
Hamilton
Hamilton
don't ask...
Hamilton
Hamilton
Hamilton
Palmer
Palmer

poty fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 3, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

El Hefe posted:

Imagine if they hire Button

If both drivers are Brits, how will Mercedes know which car to sabotage???

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Powershift posted:

The good Rosberg is Finnish.

the bad Rosberg is finished too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Riso posted:

Toto said he doesn't want to hire one of the big boys because of contract issues. At the same time you have Niki on record as saying it's their job to find loopholes in all the contracts.

Also Toto doesn't want Wehrlein because it would create a situation like 2007 with Alonso when the upstart Lewis didn't respect Alonsos achievements and bla bla.

Basically Pascal sucks.

He's clearly going for an experienced race-winner that is out of contract.

Pastor

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I don't remember Max beating or overtaking Lewis at any point, including his very good Brazil drive. Sure, he embarrassed Rosberg and Vettel a bunch of times, but how hard is that?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Khablam posted:

He was going ~1.5s a lap faster than Lewis at the end of Brazil.
Whilst overtaking.

He for sure lacks consistency but we have so far seen sparks of raw genius. He similarly made everyone look like idiots in the lower formulas on his way up (YT them), which is why he got a super-license at 19.

Lewis was managing the race... Max was 2nd for a while before pitting for inters and he tried to catch Lewis and failed

PS: this is how a true champion acts... while Rosberg lets his team down... Lewis takes care of his boys http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/12/lewis-hamilton-love-his-bulldog-roscoe-so-much-that-hes-had-the-dogs-sperm-frozen-6253510/

poty fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 5, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

There should be no uglies allowed in F1. Verstrappon out immediately

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I've reported hundreds of posts using the "Poois" insult and yet wicka is still at large... can we get a neutral British mod???

poty
Jun 21, 2008

El Hefe posted:

I want to imagine Nico carrying around that trophy everywhere from now on, going to the pharmacy, to a restaurant, to the in-laws, etc.

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/806160694785835008

He should give it to its rightful owners: Niki Lauda, Angela Merkel and Lewis' mechanics

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The worst I've seen is Failpeepee Assa. I reported that post so many times.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

gret posted:

This will always be the best video of the Lewis and Jenson years :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSY8RUIvf8

I like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMXBXHm7nQA

poty
Jun 21, 2008

sounds like a 1 to 1 replacement for Rosberg

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Rosberg has a sense of humor?

He sure is a joke of a WDC

poty
Jun 21, 2008

How does he not mention that he's one of the three biggest perverts in Japan?

https://www.instagram.com/p/wJtACdw7qq/?modal=true

Also as a fellow guy born in 86... we're not young :(

poty fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Dec 9, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

thegasman2000 posted:

Not all Hamilton fans are like that. Most are much much worse...

The silent majority stands with Our Lewis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

From 1995 to 2000 there really wasn't anybody who could touch Michael on skill alone. The guy who should have been his main rival died.

Please don't spread fake news in this thread: Damon Hill did NOT die

poty
Jun 21, 2008

learnincurve posted:

In more relevant news Paddy is going for a pay rise and seems to be rolling the hard six. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rival-f1-team-bid-for-lowe-adds-pressure-to-mercedes-talks-858200/

Poor Paddy, I imagine he has barely slept since Abu Dhabi, where he was forced to commit treason against our Lewis over team radio, probably under torture from Niki Lauda and the Mercedes moustache guy. He had no choice but reading the statement from Stuttgart that they gave him, but his tone of voice said: "Get in there Lewis!!! You deserve this!!!! Don't let us steal the title from you!!!!!"

poty
Jun 21, 2008

should have won person of the year, that jury is a joke

poty
Jun 21, 2008

El Hefe posted:

In the 80s a driver could have a season like this

I think engineering has advanced to a point where there's nothing we can do to go back to something like this, but this is the one thing that would make races better and more interesting. Nobody would complain about the Mercedes having a big advantage if it broke down 60% of the time.

As it stands they only have mechanical retirements when the powers that be are not happy with the WDC standings

poty
Jun 21, 2008

It was hard to make Williams' line-up worse but they pulled it off

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The fastest car should win all the races, unexpected events are not a fun or interesting part of sport. Life is completely fair 100% of the time and the same should also apply to F1.

- A literal robot

poty
Jun 21, 2008

GramCracker posted:

Jessica was great and all, don't get me wrong, but just:

:swoon:

Pfff, get your eyes checked. Jess 4 life

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Rosberg probably retired because he was tired of people asking him to crash into them as they tried to overtake him

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow, in Europe you apparently need a permit to drive a car up a hill

Can't wait for article 50

poty fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 26, 2016

poty
Jun 21, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

being ad free trumps bad commentary. You could put on Nigel Farage and it'd still be better than having the same three commercials shoved down my throat a million times

Would be fantastic, finally a Brit F1 commentator who is not anti-Lewis

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Theophany posted:

You can have Crofty and his on air fellating of Hamwalleton.

Are we talking about David "Rosberg deserved to win the championship" Croft here??

poty
Jun 21, 2008

In related news: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793634&pagenumber=2#post468076613

Alain Post posted:

Formula Pee.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

The F1 media won't talk about it, but Palmer just had another excellent season. I was surprised he was passed for Rosberg's seat, Mercedes will regret choosing someone with an EU passport over talent when they lose the world championship to him

poty
Jun 21, 2008

wicka posted:

Alain Post more like A Lame Post

poty
Jun 21, 2008

keevo posted:

Paddy Lowe has officially left Mercedes

The guilt from being forced to give Lewis team orders in Abu Dhabi got the better of him. It's not your fault Paddy, you're a victim.

Lewis is probably going to quit too

poty
Jun 21, 2008

djssniper posted:

Vettel was laughing his rear end off inside protecting Rosberg from future hated mutiple WDC Verstappen to prevent Lewis being an equal 4 times WDC, of course he's pissed his dubious tactics didn't work

That was so shameful, when are they going to start applying the rule about bringing F1 into disrepute? They should disqualify Vettel, Rosberg and the nation of Germany

poty
Jun 21, 2008

fyallm posted:

My dad watches old western movies and rerun's of farscape.

I wish I had gone for this rather than becoming an F1 fan

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Is there any EU car maker that doesn't cheat? It's almost as bad as the EU F1 drivers

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Does Britain even make cars anymore? Joke nation

This is like complaining that our Murray doesn't win enough Grand Slams. When all the european tennis players are doping, it's hard to win even if you're the best

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Wow... many people are saying that Bottas is getting the Mercedes seat as reward for his part in his manager Toto Wolff's conspiracy to steal the WDC from Lewis. I can't say if that's true but after seeing this video maybe the FIA should investigate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFG0KEsscOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Harrison Newey has dyed his hair brown and now looks like a member of a boy band formed at Eton. My 12 year old daughter wishes it to be known that he is much prettier than Kvyat and would probably do a better job because Kvyat crashes all the time. http://www.motorsport.com/driver/harrison-newey/photos/?r=169316

Beefcake alert! The legend of the Newey heartthrob carries on to the next generation

poty
Jun 21, 2008

Human Grand Prix posted:

Bottas is targeting the title in his first year. A little overambitious if you ask me.

I'm sure Toto will get the engine guys to "help" like with Rosberg

Our Lewis takes a decisive lead in the WWE championship

(world watch endorsement)

poty fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 17, 2017

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I don't know how people who follow what Bernie does for a living week in week out can be so naif. It's an investment strategy:

- Buy house for cheap because it's noisy
- Complain until the noise goes away
- Sell house for $$$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

one of the best coats I have ever seen

• Locked thread