Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Tonight happens to be the night of The Game Awards, a yearly event show that reminds us how terrible gamer culture is. Can't wait!

Happy December, though. It's probably my favorite month and I hope everyone enjoys the miracle of snow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

There's new BotW footage though, so it balances out.

There is that at least. And Yacht Club is supposed to be showing off what they've been working on (probably the next Shovel Knight campaign) so I'm excited for that

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Red Bones posted:

What are your 2017 video game hopes, friends? What vague game in a quantum state of cancelled-or-in-development are you hoping will materialise in 2017? I hope I will be able to play the cave person simulation game Before next year.

A sequel to Kid Icarus: Uprising

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Is there a thread for The Game Awards so I can join in laughing at it with other goons

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

There are dogs in the new Zelda, it's already GOTY 2017

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

KNACK 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Imagine actually liking video games and being positive about news

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Discount Viscount posted:

Box art Mega Man in SFxT was hilarious and a perfect capstone to the two-year-or-whatever period of trolling Mega Man fans. Hell, I'm a Mega Man fan, and while it sucked that games got announced and cancelled and all that I still found these little nods hilarious:

This image makes me wish for the impossible dream of Amingo appearing in MvC Infinite

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Why yes, Gamercat is better than 90% of video game webcomics within the past decade (except for Brawl in the Family, Awkward Zombie, and Castle Vidcons of course)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

oddium posted:

spend christmas with fuuka

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm C1

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Hey bud

What are you up to today?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'll put my box office projection for the AssCreed movie around a little less than what Chipmunks 4 made when it tried to go up against Force Awakens

Definitely excited about Rogue One tho, I've been waiting literally all year for it to come out

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Hello games chat thread

It's near the middle of December in Indiana and snow is falling by the truckload. This usually almost never happens this early into winter in my state

It's beautiful

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

From awhile back:

Macaluso posted:

What's everyone's favorite game they played this year that didn't come out this year? Mine is Downwell

Probably Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. I made a really good decision to plow through the rest of the original trilogy and Dual Destinies before Spirit of Justice came out, but Trials and Tribulations is probably my favorite in the series (though Dual Destinies is a close second)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey Chat thread. What are you trying to finish before January 1st?

I just got my code for Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on Wii U yesterday so going through that should be easy. I also started Grim Fandango last Sunday and have been enjoying it for the most part, though I get the feeling I'll have to resort to a guide for the more obtuse parts

Maybe I'll see if I can finish my replay of Bayonetta and get in my annual playthrough of Kid Icarus: Uprising before the year is over too

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Finally managed to start the new Shantae tonight after getting my backer code for it last Tuesday. I haven't seen a game with such fluid and lovely animations since Wario Land: Shake It, and I especially like that they ditched the Metroidvania elements and made it a straight platformer. Definitely worth a look imo

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Today is the 30th anniversary of the original Kid Icarus!

It's a terrible game but it brought us Kid Icarus: Uprising 25 years later so it should be celebrated just for that! Happy birthday Kid Icarus!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The Switch thread is currently drawing the divide between specheads and true gamers

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I watched Blade Runner for the first time earlier this year and honestly most of it went right over my head

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Like I get the basic plot of Blade Runner but I had a harder time with the abstract symbolism (like the unicorn for instance)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I can't even remember, I wanna say the original but it's hard to tell

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

The Final Cut version of BR that came out in I think 2007 is by far the best version. Did your version have any terrible narration by Harrison Ford?

There wasn't any narration in the version I watched, so it might have been the Final Cut

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

I was curious about something, so I've made this bucket of statistics just waiting to happen.
These are the avatars of the 20 most prolific posters (by post count) of each major publisher's thread, in no particular order. I skipped those with no avatar.

I wish I could eat bread with the other Nintendo posters

I guess I'm one of the few who thought Rogue One was alright at best. There's a lot of good stuff in it, like Vader doing his thing, K-2SO being the best new character in the film, the cinematography being excellent and all the new planets being a real eye treat, but I didn't feel myself getting as invested in a lot of the other new characters as I did with Rey and Finn in Force Awakens. Jyn and Cassian especially felt really underdeveloped to me and I wish the movie could've taken the time to expand upon them a little more

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

DMC1 and 3 are definitely not as tight as Bayonetta or Revengeance, but I actually do like 3 a whole lot. It's really where the Style system starts to shine, and having the rival character be your brother adds a lot of real weight to the game's story. It's great

I should pick up DMC4 Special Edition for PS4 at some point tho

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Speaking of Platinum, I finished my replay of Bayonetta 1 last night. Coming back to that after Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2 makes me realize just how much bullshit there is (way too many instant-death traps and the godawful Gracious & Glorious fights immediately spring to mind), but I still feel comfortable calling it my favorite Platinum game since it's what got me so in love with the company in the first place

I was also playing the Wii U version so I played through the whole game in the Samus costume. That was cool

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm gonna head on out to BJ's at 6:30 to celebrate my bro's birthday (which was two days ago), then tomorrow my family and my other relatives are all going out to my grandma's place for Christmas dinner. I was too lazy to make chocolate chip cookies to bring, so I settled on getting two packs of Tollhouse sugar cookies (which are just as good imo)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

The scene where Ralph swears in front of his dad is legendary, as is the scene where he decodes a crummy message about drinking more ovaltine

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I got myself Batman: Arkham Asylum and MadWorld yesterday. Haven't busted out MadWorld yet but I'm enjoying Asylum quite a bit. Probably my favorite part about the game so far is how Joker is always taunting you over the intercom like Grunty in Banjo-Kazooie

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I'm taking Carrie Fisher dying a lot harder than I thought I would. Why her and why now of all times

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Looper posted:

Game of the year is Super Mario Bros. 2 baybee, let's all give it a warm round of applause

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I've reached the part of Arkham Asylum where you can pick off dudes with guns in a room until you get them down to one guy, who starts getting really scared and firing at nothing while the Joker chimes in every so often to remind him that I am here, watching him

This game is amazing

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

you shouldn't play ANY videogame for 200 hours imho

I'm gonna put 5 million hours into Smash Bros. and Kid Icarus: Uprising and you can't stop me

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Her crouch animation is dumb though

What do you have against the Shantae Butt-Wiggle of Readiness

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

What is next month's thread title gonna be?

Games Chat Thread 2017: gently caress You, It's January!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

I was making a Chat thread too but then FirstAidKite made it

Here it is just in case

• Locked thread