Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm either missing something or you didn't make cat-tax mandatory for this thread...

Not my mod :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Remember to post cats

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bunnies are fine too

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Lets all come together, Games, FYAD, ADTRW in this Chrismas season and remind ourselves that the truly worst forum is D&D anyway

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

D_Smart posted:

I never said any of those things. Do that again, and you will be blocked.

The horror :allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

GazChap posted:

I can't understand the level of cognitive dissonance required for Shitizens to look at what is currently playable of Star Marine (an FPS game) and think that Squadron 42 (an FPS game) can be anywhere near complete, as CIG claim.

Considering there are literally people arguing on reddit that the November 2014 release date wasn't actually a release date (or a date at all), since it didn't say which day they were going to release it...
Yeah, I get it

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

CR will probably have SQ42 engineered so that trying to avoid his cutscenes will brick your computer

It will also be the only loving thing in it that actually works

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Chris Roberts' T-Posing Cir-cusssssssssss

And now for something incompletely developed.

This is all I ever wanted in my life. Thread title of the next century right there

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm actually really happy about how /r/starcitizen_refunds shaped up to be.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

:justpost:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Exinos posted:

Anime, like Star Citizen, is bad.

Ban this sick filth

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Derek has forgotten more about trolling than anyone of us will ever know

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is how I plan my college papers, 3 days before the submission date

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

This is how I plan my college papers, 3 days before the submission date

Which is bad for a dumb college student, but really telling about a room full of executives with a combined salary of like 2,5 mil or something

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Which is bad for a dumb college student, but really telling about a room full of executives with a combined salary of like 2,5 mil or something

Oh, wait, Sandi claims to be in that room too, make that 4mil

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wuxi posted:

Oh, wait, Sandi claims to be in that room too, make that 4mil

I like quoting my own stuff, the yellow really gives the impression that I'm part of a discussion or something.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I miss Eonwe.
Anime is good

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Yes, but what exactly does that tell us about Star Citizen?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I like you :)

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I like the rest of you too, btw. No need to feel excluded

Even you Arf

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Gonna be honest with you guys, anytime one of you posted one of your dank twitter owns it was cringey at best, so I'm going with Beet here

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The Titanic posted:

Thread is scary again with the sudden possible info dump of people. It may not be classified as doxxing, but it'd certainly be uncouth.

Part of me hopes the high road is taken and people just don't go there. I fail to see how this would be good.

The other part hopes it happens because the Camp Derek has been quiet save the occasional shot fired at MoMA. I do see how it would be funny because Derek would once more kick the hornet nest, and people would come out of the woodwork again.

Of course this would enrage the throngs into more us vs them warfare that is just dumb.

CIG is crashing and burning. I'm not sure if trying to cause them more damage on a personal level would hurt them, and probably only help them garner public support again.

My opinion is to just let it go, and watch the embers waft into the air. No need to release personal information on random people, so leave them be in peace. :)

On one hand you're clearly right, but on the other hand its Derek, so its not like anything will actually happen. Just watch all that delicious bluster, MOMAs meltdown and the ensuing slapfight

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Xaerael posted:

poo poo, we've been doing it all wrong.

Beer, Beet, new thread title:

Sternenbürger ist ein Betrug

FTFY

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

HKS posted:

I was doing my nightly chakra tuning and vision exercises when I was given an SC vision:

The money has run out and the backers are demanding to see the game, their offices are mostly empty from 2 months of unpaid salaries. The only people left are wide eyed and unsure what to do. Disco Lando is emailing all the higher ups on instructions of how to proceed but getting no responses.

A week of this goes by and suddenly a message appears on RSI, it says in so many words that sorry we cannot continue working on the game. Citizens rush to the grey market to find that traders have been selling things at 10% cost for weeks. They hurriedly email CS to ask what is going on and for refunds, there is no answer.

Minor chaos ensures, barely a ripple in the all. We gather around this thread like the end of Ocean's 11, each nodding silently to each other and heading off back to our own lives.

May 2017. Quote me.

I believe

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

HKS posted:

The German thing doesn't need explaining. If they idolized David Hasselhoff for real, they can idolize anyone (Chris Roberts).

tooterfish posted:

I'll loving cut you.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Chris probably honestly thinks that any Scifi game is a direct result of his brilliant mind thinking up Wing Commander, so he can take whatever art he wants, its basically his' anyway.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

This is finefunny

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The slow transformation from kinda funny guy who needles Derek about his ongoing crusade to equalize Chris on the unfulfilled promises front to kinda creepy guy

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

That guy has various body parts of at least 10 different people in his basement

Frankentax:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Einbauschrank posted:

Since CIG is delivering by not delivering, here's a tangent:

Some D-celebrity in Germany (won the Eurotrash Contest back in 2010) surprisingly went the way of most celebrities by having an awful taste in
boyfriends. After she broke up, he posted nekkid pictures of her, which is why people are again paying attention to her in 2017.

It seems like Sandi has found a new host:

:yikes:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Spatial posted:

They still only have one star system. What the hell are CIG even doing? The work environment must be truly catastrophic for their productivity to be so low.

If you take away all the graphics they have practically nothing. A single person could produce ten times the game they've got right now in the time they've had.

Maybe Sandi was actually honest and she really is the most qualified person at CIG?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

We need a bigger cat

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Can't wait to experience all of this in glorious VR

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Citcon 18, a 6h power point slideshow about spectrum 2.0

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

And 6 new concept sales

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Get taxed

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Needs more limited edition Porsches or a boat near Italy.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

"In stock" is still the funniest thing about Star Citizen, right next to "Ben Lesnick, Developer", "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian"

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Although "Ben Lesnick, Chris Roberts' historian" shows us handily in 5 little words, everything that is wrong with the project, the person at the top and the people working for him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Wait, what are they talking about?