Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Star Citizen is out and it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

tane

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

Not gunna lie, that looks fun as gently caress :wth:

Seriously, I need that.

It was a trainer for gunners in WW2 planes.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

If you wanna troll SC a bit, go to their Youtube channel and Subscribe/Unsubscribe as much as you can. There is currently a bug that distracts 2 subs per unsub.

https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Is it true the subscribers tracker can go into the negatives as a result of this bug?

You can't see it but yes, for the Youtuber it will appear negative.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

People are streaming Hellion and it is basically everything CIG ever promised.

For 25 bucks.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

WTFO being WTFO
https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/TalentedToadCougarHunt

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The helmet in hellion does not even block my view and bob around stupidly.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's just weird, how long could it take him to make four bars named "CODE" and "NETCODE" or whatever

NETCODE
PIPELINE
SHIPS
ITEMS 2.0

Hire me CIG.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

trucutru posted:

From some dude at that wretched hive of scum and villainy

And wow, the commandos are theorycrafting hard about the new ship. Who wouldn't? it is a beauty.

Subtle. I like it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I really can't hate CIG for it, even if it was a marketing stunt.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Is Eric Smarf the new flavor of the month for Derek Smart?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

"incredibly easy"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Did you guys know there is an extended Freelancer intro sequence?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exR36BzJCdo

Did you know that is basically spoils everything that is otherwise decently paced and also ALIENS DESTROY THE SOLAR SYSTEM WOAAAAH.

It screams Chris Roberts-

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Lladre posted:

The real reason Crobbler's made the extended director's version was so he could insert himself in a digital cameo.

Behold. The thumb.

I was thinking this but...I did not want to believe it actually was.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

taxxe:

SC is stupid. Hellion is cool. EFT is fun.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I also forgot to mention.

Doom still best game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMg9ryeWOw

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Like 30 gigs or something.

140 million worth of space.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Green is objectively the worst color.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I want this to die so I can finally rest.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/265570/female-caracter-hitbox-confirm-to-be-unfair-and-smaller-than-the-male-one-wow

Star Citizen: billions of "SPACE AMAZONE"

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

He is not wrong.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

If someone wants to find some gold content, feel free. I am not gonna read the entire thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/655at0/coming_here_from_elite_dangerous_what_are_the/

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

thatguy posted:

Doxxing is cool and good and also very funny.

Doxx yourself.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

For comparison:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

1k posts is clearly a lie. All in all we are at 10k probably.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

;-*

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

KiowaChief posted:

Oh you know, just letting goons know how faggoty and unfunny they are. You know, the usual.

:ironicat:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sandweed posted:

Have they ever explained why the FPS part have 4 crosshairs?

One is where you are aiming, the other is where your gun is pointing at this moment.
If you turn your gun lags behind you or something.

Whatever sense that makes?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Just close the thread until something funny happens.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Wuxi posted:

or anime

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

SelenicMartian posted:

And I guess :pgabz: has made them design a system where you flip a switch and your balls turn black or yellow

:thunk:

This is highly questionable in my opinion.
Also, the way they do this, I assume you won't get blown away by opening an airlock from the outside without depressurizing it first.

Quavers posted:

Great to see they're catching up with Hellion.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Chris Roberts actually casted himself in the (god awful) extended Freelancer intro movie that got cut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exR36BzJCdo

I said it before; but the original intro was really cool and set up a nice world, without spoiling too much.

The extended intro is just awfully poo poo and garbage and features Crobbers as some random dude, obviously.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Now I really want SC but with W40K orc boys.
That also exists.
And is good.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

JugbandDude posted:

Can some nice goon write a small Everspace review here?

From what I read, it's arcade'ish, not a lot of depth. Is it true? How many hours of entertainment can we expect?

Everspace is a Freelancer-esque rougelite game. You jump from sector to sector, shoot enemies, find new equipment, manage your resources before finally dying somewhere along the way. You will get points, unlock new perks and ships for the following runthroughs.

It's a lot about know when to fight and when to run, and what to risk to get more resources. It looks absolutely stunning and is quite casual altogether.

When I say Freelancer-esque I do mean that in the most literal sense when it comes to combat. You move your ship with your mouse, the guns will always face where your mouse is pointing, with the ship slowly catching up.

There is a rudimentary story as well. All in all a fun, repeatable game.

Might I also suggest Starpoint Gemini Warlords which just came out. It is a Freelancer-esque Mount&Blade Style game in which you build your empire, fight other dudes, and blow up planets with a doomsday ship. Combat is more focused on positioning (4 shield segments and placement of turrets), and is overall a bit slower paced.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

It literally is what it says on the tin. The map is divided into Sectors, and you start with a huge space station in space. You upgrade that with resources that you gather by buying mining/salvaging stations. You research new ships, new weapons and upgrades, build your fleet and kick the living poo poo out of other factions, taking over their space.

A big part of the game is capturing ships. You can grapple onto enemy ships and send in your marines, with a small, tactical minigame. You can destroy parts of their ship (engine, shields, weapon system) or attempt to take it on. Then you can either keep that ship for yourself, salvage it, or add it to your fleet.

The combat on the game is, as already said, based on position of your ship. Most of your guns will be able to shoot above you, so it's good to keep the enemy there. Managing the four parts of your shield also comes to play; showing the enemy your strong side while letting the other regen.

You can absolutely fly in fleets with massive dreadnoughts and hundred of ships, engaging in massive scale fleet battles.

Overall, in the 8 hours or so I played yesterday, I had a great gun. It comes with the grind that Mount&Blade has, but overall it is fun and challenging. I even died a few times.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sillybones posted:

Noticed that the most. It is like they have lost the actual art talent they had for so long.

No, it's just that the impossibly high standards that Chris wants are impossible to implement into an actual game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

To make this a bit easier on people who are confused:

Base Rate is a rate set by the Bank of England for loans to other banks. Interest rates are usually based on this.
Margin is a percentage in which the actual interest rate can fluctuate over a year, based on findings by the bank, etc.

The actual Interest Rate for CIG is in no way either 0.25% or 2%. It is 2.25% + Interest Rate for this loan. The actual amount is undisclosed but large businesses loans are usually between 5 and 10% + Margin and Base Rate.