Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EightAce posted:

Straight from the intergalactic news van

Foundry 42 are expanding from 270 odd to 315 staff members .
They are moving buildings to a bigger campus in the next 6 months
Sq42 is scheduled for release end of 2019 early 2020. It exists but it's loving awful
All resources are on sq42 anything else you see is bullshit to get dollars
A lot of cash has suddenly appeared I have no idea where from or how, but it gives at least another 2 years dev time and lawsuit payoffs

Lots of people will say this is bullshit but it's straight from the horses/bears mouth

Yea, this sounds about right TBH.

Though :laffo: at whichever shmuck company/bank decided to give them money at this goddamn stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

TheAgent posted:

tbf I've probably met and hung out with a lot more people because of this thread and therefore star citizen

so star citizen is a p good social game

thanks chris

As it's always been said, the SC game already exists and this is all it'll ever really be in terms of being worthwhile.

On that note - shout out to Raskolnikov, whom I've only met due to this mess. Hope you managed to send that thing and that your life is better than CIG leads its.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Neltharak posted:

:laugh:

Also i just woke up to this shitstorm. CIG never fails to impress.

Oh my...the downvote brigade seems rather helpless for once lol.

And more scummy behavior by CIG employees swept under the rug years after such behavior was excused when whales did it. Why am I unsurprised?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Colostomy Bag posted:

What an absolute clusterfuck

FTFY

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beet Wagon posted:

Actually yes, it does feel like the most expensive game ever made because *tiny and/or trivial visual effect described in a way to make it seem more cool* so there, idiot :smuggo:

It is the most expensive game ever being made, but mainly because its 'production costs' are, essentially, generated and described in the style of this clip.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Agony Aunt posted:

The video case on the right has the letters: CJPG :D

Really, everyone that still has money 'invested' in this poo poo should just watch the rlm review of Top Slots - it's exactly the same goddamn principle and exactly the same conclusion they reach there as the one we did here long ago.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
"Computer CHIPS...lemme tell you 'bout 'em!"

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mr. Carlisle posted:

As a fan of HBO's Rome I recognized this guy's face right away

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0346950/

Where has that wretched woman landed... :(

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

El FUDerino posted:

5001: a store citizer oddysee in game development. ANSWER THE CALL.

*insert one of the boring 2001 spacewalk clips with occasional ridiculous glitches*

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

FailureToReport posted:

I decide to visit the Spectrums, try on this new "I'm not unhinged and angry" FailureToReport thing over there......get called a cuck because I don't love SC unconditionally. End up talking in general chat with people about how insanely easy it is to work around all the planned crime and punishment systems and talk about how Citizens are absolutely going to get put into PVP, like it or not. End up having a fun talk with CIG-Kraiklyn, we discuss different methods of griefing and having systems to try to stop that. I think griefing won. Start PMing Kraiklyn and talking about the state of Spectrum, learn he is no longer a Concierge person but the head of Spectrum moderation, so we start talking about Ben's nazi Purple mods of the past. He promises me that under his new leadership we are moving towards a new and more open Spectrum, because echo chambers are bad and breed toxicity. COMMON GROUND! I applaud his effort and wish him the best in doing that, maybe I can start interacting on the Spectrum forums more.

Few days later, I haven't been banned or probated. I'm really surprised and honestly start telling fellow critics about my experience on the Spectrum. I'm very impressed with the new moderation. Sitting in general chat, some dude comes in and asks why people on the outside of the SC community look at Star Citizen so negatively. Start typing out a semi long answer about the various reasons the general gaming community thinks SC is a cult joke. Guy named Cakestrike says "Because they missed lots of dates, anti consumer practices, and garbage marketing have hurt SC over the years"........welp, I don't need to finish my response. Post an Up Arrow and say "Basically this". Have some side conversation with Citizens for a few minutes. Get PM from Cakestrike asking if I was just banned also. Wut? Ask him if he can PM me the moderator action and I will go talk to Kraiklyn about it, because everything in his response was exactly why the outside community looks at Star Citizen that way and I cannot imagine a reason he would be suspended. He PM's me on Reddit because he says it's not safe to PM on Spectrum. Sends screen shot........Kraiklyn banned him. Am I being given special treatment? Why was he banned for voicing his opinion that could arguably be considered fact? The Spectrum is scary again and I take a break.

ahahahahahahahahahah

Seriously tho, thanks for being a trooper and still wading into this.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
The only way CRobblers can compare himself to Rockstar is the cocaine he regularly does.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Merry parpmas and here's to one more year of dreams.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

trucutru posted:

Obelix and Co. is quite likely among the top 10 comics ever written and everybody should read it.

quite related to SC too.

ah yes...still remember this original goonvalor from the Crobelix poster fellow, whoever he was.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
A reminder of the appropriate background music, whenever you browse Star Citizen news: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HraFt2RG4_M

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Welp, they finally did it! They broke the very first gameplay module that the original team launched mostly bug-free and working back in 2013. Then those folks mostly left and now here we are. Good job CIG!

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

LostMy2010Accnt posted:

Holy poo poo how do you read and parse this out? In their effort to put out information they've put out so much that you can't even parse data from it. Like looking at a character sheet from friggin Disgaea; some stats you don't even know what they do.

And nowhere in there do I see the milestone of making a good game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Oh god, I still remember this back when it came out...

Viscous Soda posted:

Star Citizen isn't going to die with a bang, a whimper, or even a retail release. It's going to linger on like a smelly fart until even the most hardcore of backers (even though they'll never admit it) will be glad it's stench is gone and they can finally breathe again.

Sounds like the moral of the story for Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 2, 2019