Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
I've seen the light!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Hah, love that he mentions having a ticket open because he can't run SC.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Legal ruling is in!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

AP posted:

EXPECTED RESULT
The cockpit should not be on fire when it spawns

Beautiful.

Have high fidelity post...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Galarox posted:

:Caught up with the thread gif: Also I am taking requests (I run out of ideas tbh apart from "12 Angry men" & I am having trouble finding something I can work with on that)) for cool and good shops. Please post requests below :newlol:

Ortwin exec produced Carlito's Way, so...

Stick his face on Sean Penn & remove Chris Robert's head?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

AP posted:

My understanding is that the only way CIG can terminate the contract is to go bankrupt.

Or by finishing the game. Oh wait, fair point.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

TheAgent posted:

like I think 3.0 is okay if you move very slowly, do nothing fun, don't get into any combat situations, don't try and explore, don't try and do anything complex like shooting or crouching or running into walls or walking on planets

it's a perfect screenshot game

This guy plays that like that, and he gets all kinds of action. Have you tried walking even slower?

Also he has revolutionary ideas to fill in the gaps. Like the one about useful items breaking, and then getting fixed a long time later. I don't know where he gets his ideas. (Although his idea about scanning technology that sees his finger flicking a switch so his character flicks a switch as well is probably the best. Yes, that one is the best.)

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 10, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

his nibs posted:

As someone who was looking forward to some hot space court action, I'm preparing myself for disappointment :(

http://www.cgmagonline.com/2018/01/12/crytek-v-star-citizen-defense-lands/

:flaccid:

Hey I've seen TV, this can definitely still happen:

• Crytek provide emails showing CIG/RSI/Rentakill once agreed what words meant.
  • Subpoenas fly, aggrieved ex-employees (unearthed deep in email chains) get to disregard their NDAs with abandon
  • Disclosure dials up to full teeth mode, hunting for the money like a ravening beast.
  • RSI pays CIG some money for Foundry 42 to give to Crytek.
  • Naked cats vibrate all over internet.

/giant ANAL post

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Nothing can stop this game.

quote:

pigJUSTAman

3h

Dragonfly spawns flipped most of the time. Back doors in cutlass black are sometimes missing after spawning, even claming doesnt fixes that. My friend is a ping pong ball. Mobiglass is play and pray so it doesn't crash. Equipping items needs to be done many times in order to success(not always). Struggling with delivery missions to Olisar.

quote:

rAxxt

2h

I was getting frequent freezing, especially during landing and takeoff. I found a partial fix - the bug seems to be related to audio. I turned off music and changed music dynamic range to 'medium' and I turned ship verbosity to 'low' and my crashes have been MUCH less frequent. Thought I'd share.

quote:

Msk2PL

29m

Oh, you're asking me about issues? The game is unplayable. I get 0.7 - 4 fps on average (that is not a typo), the airlock doors don't open, EVA thrusters don't work and the game can't even close itself, so I have to use the task manager every time I play. I have 8 gigs of ram, but I didn't expect the game to run this badly even with a massive page file to compensate for the lack of ram.

Also nothing can start it.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jan 15, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

PrevailingYou 1 point 5 hours ago

My 315P is my main ship right now, its a bit better, you no longer fall out of the ship getting out of the ship, but its still not the luxury ship its meant to be.

quote:

Ya, I have the same one. I like it. Getting cargo in that you pick up from outposts or the ground is impossible, though. Spent about 45 minutes trying to throw it in lol

quote:

I've not tried cargo yet. I've heard you can't carry cargo in, only buy it due to the ladder. I have a feeling they will replace it with a lift or a ramp.

quote:

danidas 1 point 4 hours ago

Land the ship upside down as it is easier to load cargo into it that way.

quote:

The doors function as a handy ramp, just be mindful of the artificial gravity.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Dusty Lens posted:

Didn't he get taken out in an earlier scene?

Yeah pretty sure Ben's shafted, Sandi has a purple face, and most of the backers are Charlies.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

At the other end of the scale, the sheer range of valid-seeming edge cases is pretty sublime too...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

big nipples big life posted:

Maybe we will finally get to hear from the infamous Robert Space

---

gently caress it, I've just realised the FPS counter tips this into true beauty:

Pixelate posted:

quote:

EXPECTED RESULT: I did not expect a teal shaped box or my ship to "tear" into 2d images.

Also their ship is made of jpegs.

Now what's that taxxe for quoting yourself?

e: Oo new page. I think I know this taxxe band

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 19, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

D_Smart posted:

You see, this is why they teach BOTH reading AND reading comprehension in school.

It's a bit early for doubling down.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Spooder-Mun posted:

In conclusion, Canada is a land of contrasts.

And has an outside chance of being ported to VR.

Official Canadian Announcement:

quote:

Eventual VR support is still something Canada will be looking into - but right now we're focused on being a new country and drinking the sap of virgin trees. Thanks for letting us know you are interested!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

D_Smart posted:

It's already up on Pacer.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Feb 14, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

History Comes Inside! posted:

Is Leonard French a backer or just a bad lawyer

Edit: he's just skipped over "and squadron" to avoid making it clear Chris was talking about it as a separate game lol

Both?

Also he thinks there are lumberjacks in the game. And Cryteks.

"...they don't actually know if the defendants are using Lumberyard, Lumberjack, or Crytek."

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Beet Wagon posted:

Citizens are completely unsure which direction to run.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Zzr posted:

Is this cat ok ?

Oh poo poo, in this time of extreme litigation, I forgot the cat taxxe!

Plz don't doxx my off-shore dev houses

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Good cat!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Thoatse posted:

whoever posted posted that can gently caress right off

Just post post!

happyhippy posted:

Aha, you forgot one thing they make!

MOCAP!

There must be hundreds of terrabytes of Chris rolling around the ground at least.

Hopefully they sell it on as one of the few assets they have. It could become the Wilhelm scream of gaming...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Oh poo poo, now it's the 'Is French exclusive?' thread.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Speaking unlawfully MoMA, have you ever had a sex dream that felt like a Crytek ship promo?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Galarox posted:

This one was fun to do:

:poolgirl:

Love the corpulent spread of King Crobbo, with the bonus Wormtongue gleam Ortwin brings.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jan 20, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

trucutru posted:

If you have the time and think it's funny enough, could you make an "Ecce Homo" painting 'shop with before and after restoration (by Chris) images?

Oh god, then a follow up with Ecce Homos in game, communicating thanks to face tech. The future of this game is too beautiful...

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Game proceeding as expected.

---

EXPECTED RESULT:
Corpse should lie on ground like corpses normally do

---

EXPECTED RESULT:
Not to start off with random bleed out when waking from bed.

---

EXPECTED RESULT:
To simply place the box on the cargo floor

---

EXPECTED RESULT:
Reached my destination without my PC rebooting.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

WarpDogs posted:

Hey so I feel legitimately dumb for having to ask this, but what's the big deal behind the latest court response? Everyone is acting like Derek called something, but I can't tell what

It just looks like more posturing, which would be expected. Doesn't seem the needle has really moved one way or the other, or that we're any closer to the ELE

Is there something more substantial that I'm just seeing?

I think the main takeaways are:

• Ortwin has been tricked into admitting he's got a conflict of interest of waiver which didn't mention his conflict of interest. He's planning to respond with a move called the faint and twitch.

• French people have a superior hold over the law and see lumberjacks everywhere.

• Croberts writes his name like he's all thumb.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

G0RF posted:

next level Whale fracking

Oh god, high pressure water funnelled furiously into a giant beached mammal. It arches in huge distress, yet its backwards cast eyes suggest that yes, perhaps this is life water, perhaps this is living. With a mangled cry rent from its once mellifluous tubes, it crashes forwards one last time, and with a twitch of its pallid lips, lets fall one tragic glob of ambergris.

You disgust me.

Someone shop this.

e: Aww drat you taxxeman, you so cute

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 22, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Now you're going to have to forgive me here, because I'm a simple soul, and I'm going to talk about Star Citizen.

I'm kinda new to this whole fever dream, and have only taken to prodding its abscesses and strange dangly things with full abandon recently. It amazes me, for example, that this Jpeg, and its little babby Jpegs, were sold for for $3000 dollars:

You are no longer amazed. But I had only heard arcane tales and strange conspiracies to this point. Clearly this couldn't actually be true. That someone would spend so veryvery much on so veryvery little. I thought I would dig up just how many of the Jpegs had been birthed into the 20fps wonderland, so that their hindparts could dance fully as Cod intended.

I went to the Matrix and laboriously chipped these numbers from its face (because I am poo poo at scraping websites).

As of 3 months ago, the info looked like this:

Total Concepts: 113
Playable: 49
Percentage Playable: 43.4%

I don't know how this compares to Derek's Dec 2016 blog reference to flyable ships at that point:

Because the numbers don't add up there, and I can't find the source. Plus I don't know who Derek is.

Maybe someone who knows how to turn numbers into cats inside boxes could do this? I have a litter of numbers to play with. Here are the tidier ones:

Ships Alone, Sorted by Class:

CAPITAL CLASS:

Total: 11
Flight Ready: 0
Percentage Complete: 0%

LARGE:

Total: 13
Flight Ready: 6
Percentage Complete: 46.2%

MEDIUM

Total: 16
Flight Ready: 5
Percentage Complete: 31.3%

SMALL:

Total: 45
Flight Ready: 35
Percentage Complete: 77.8%

SNUB:

Total: 12
Flight Ready: 4
Percentage Complete: 33.4

***ANALYSIS***

Those big Capital Class fuckers ain't ever happening.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

pgabz has a moustache just like WTFOSAURUS?

Wait a minute........

---

eeee:

Dusty Lens posted:

In Finnish "you move the model around the map" translates to "Fli lori yanz aibl buejor leirut erij" so as an acronym it holds water.

In English I generally agree as Flight of the Conchords suggests a stable flight model but the only time I've ever seen them in space they were absolutely rubbish.

So honestly I'm split right down the middle on this one.

Oh wait, if you remove WTF's moustache you get space nipples. Ok, everything's making sense again.

---

eeeedddiiiiottttt:

For anyone, like me, who quite rightly doesn't know who WTFOSAURUS is, or just kinda wishes they didn't, this is him happily playing Race the Sun

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 22, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

G0RF posted:

If you want an even-handed summary, the Kotaku UK translation of Level’s story about the 24 Year Feud is a good read.

Cheers, I do need to study my Croberts lore. Stranger than fiction and all that. I am upset to hear that film studios duped him. (Looks a good read, I've enjoyed some of the Kotaku UK coverage).

I haven't been blind to all the fun that's been happening, but I'm definitely rubbing my eyes a lot and peering closer now...

G0RF posted:

If these ship numbers are current I might revisit and update the chart. A specific detailed focus on Ships themselves might be especially rich given that Ships are now and long have been their primary business priority. The difficulty in the earlier versions was finding current sources. I opted to use that Kristen-created ship chart that shows groups by manufacturer since backers saw it as authoritative.

That ship matrix page is actually pretty replete in many ways, and has some handy filtering. Bugger to interact with otherwise though. The vast majority of the entries were updated 3 months ago in theory (exceptions are the four 'Hull' ships at 4 months ago, and the land & tonk poo poo 2 months ago).

If you wanna have a go at it that would be cool for sure! I can chuck the little I grabbed at you if it helps. I did ponder doing something with the bazillion caveat statuses, which speak a bit to Scruff's point about whether flyable even equals flyable. IE there are loads of sub-statuses for the concept stages, but also ones for the flight & hangar ready ones like:

'Damage states being mapped': 4
'Update Pass Scheduled': 9
'Update Pass In Progress': 1
'This ship is in game and ready to fly immediately': 6

(I don't understand the last one. Does it mean they don't curl up like tinfoil or exit the game completely? It applies to: Retaliator Bomber / Herald / Vanguard Warden / Vanguard Hoplite / Reliant Kore / Freelancer)

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

quote:

“One of my big goals in Hollywood was to try and build the same sense of world that I did in my game worlds […] Outlander is a great example of this. I helped make sure we did a truly exceptional amount of pre-production, really building all the details of the world in just the same way we used to at Origin. And I would say that I learned a lot in the process that we’re going to bring to Star Citizen,” Roberts told Gog.com in 2012. The only problem with Outlander — apart from the fact that critics considered it an entertaining train wreck, at best — was that it grossed $7 million, having cost $47 million to produce.

Oh my god Croberts produced Outlander! I had so much fun taking the mick out of that movie :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUZY9SsbpF4

Who knew a time-travelling sci-fi viking flick could turn out so daft?

Ok, I'm striking at least three other bad things from his record now. Just not the stuff about whale hunting or abusing young interns*.

*Legal disclaimer: By which I mean expecting them to find his ideas or his mo-cap rolls sexy.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 22, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

:cthulhu::cthulhu::cthulhu:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

SomethingJones posted:

quote:

So I mean it's good because we don't, we don't WASTE like final art or anything like that, we just, you know EXPAND UPON this thing until we've got... until we KNOW all the things that it needs to do, ehm... and then... and once we've got that we can build this thing PROPERLY, knowing all the pieces

Just loving wow.

Krycek posted:

Why in the gently caress did crytek agree to give crobberts a special deal on licensing fees? He had nothing to show, no proof of concept, so what made them think that star citizen would be such a blockbuster that they needed to be involved?

Desperation? Dream envy? Dehydration?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Legal posted:

In the meantime, We'd ask that anyone here cease viewing and redistributing that media as it is the result of a serious NDA breach and is currently the object of a suit.

What is the legal significance of this comma?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jan 24, 2018

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7skj1w/i_did_a_thing/?st=jcszt895&sh=8d8f3479

Is this actually Mark Hamill? I don't even know anymore. Either way he looks constipated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

alphabettitouretti posted:

Hey so what ever happened to the Endeavour? They are well on their way to making that one I assume. That thing was an entire game's worth of technical debt all by itself.

It's 'In Concept'...

But hey, the 100 million Kg Javelin is 'In Production' & 'Currently being built and tested for implementation in-game'. Just polishing the modular rooms and roles for the 80 crew I guess.

In think it's in Kg so scavenger professions can sift the ensuing wreckage. They think of everything.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Jan 24, 2018