Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

a whole bunch of crazy

-Chris

Holy crap, is this the actual letter that Chris sent to The Escapist? I guess I never actually looked it up since it was before I started following this disaster. This is the ramblings of an insane man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Galarox posted:

Parpa Claus

:five:

All I want for Christmas is my $3,500 video game.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I love the stream chat is freaking out over no S42 and no 3.0 and one of the mods chimes in with "Several exciting new things in the pledge store :)"

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Hahahah this is already their best stream yet.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
What the gently caress is this? Did it literally just take over a minute for 3 people fully unloading their weapons to kill another player 10 feet away from them?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
This is so much better than any of us could have ever dreamed of, outside of Chris and Sandi taking a dump on a huge pile of backer's money.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Thank you, CIG. I haven't spent a penny on your "games" and yet you've provided more entertainment than any other gaming related item I've bought this season. Merry Christmas everyone! :pgabz:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Reddit seems to be taking this well..

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

This has to be It right ? This has to be what begins the downfall of the Crobbers empire ?

I simply can't fathom anyone having faith in them anymore after this, the absolute shittiest of streams , and that's saying a lot as all their money grabbing steams are poo poo

Nah. Same thing that always happens will happen again. Reddit and the official forums will go ape poo poo. Then in a few days or a week, the criticism will lose steam. Backers will start to dream again and the most hardcore shills will be able to shout down anyone expressing doubts. Then we'll enter another wonderful phase of hype and anticipation for 3.0 until the next stream is a disaster and the cycle starts all over again.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

who won the thing

Europe

:911:

Edit: oh, you may mean the predictions. I'm not sure anyone predicted the train wreck that we ended up seeing..

Inkel fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Dec 17, 2016

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Goobs posted:

in the UEE, they're so progressive that they allow their DI's to wear jewelry. also there's been no practical change of uniform in thousands of years and they've changed chemical treated digital camo for t-shirts bought in the boys section at wal-mart.

e: upon closer inspection he is wearing a Hawaiian polo shirt. im dead.

It made sense during the great Tommy Bahama wars in the twenty-third century.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

"it looks nice and is running better"

Oh you poor sap

Cohh has always been way too lenient with Star Citizen. I don't think he follows the game much but at least one of his mods is a whale backer, which likely contributes to his views on the "game".

Did he play 2.5 or 2.6?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

You ingrate :colbert:

You could at least hiss "thank you" through your teeth and photoshop up an hour of time played

I don't know.. I kinda feel like the time he already has photoshopped in there is pretty generous :shrug:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Star Citizen dev says Crytek closures will have no impact on his game
http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/20/14029448/star-citizen-crytek-closures-impact-squadron-42-star-marine

quote:

“Won’t impact us one bit,” Swofford said via email. He said that he personally checked with studio head and creative lead Chris Roberts.

“We are totally not dependent on them for anything at this point,” Swofford said.

quote:

[in regards to S42 delay]"We want to do it right," Roberts said at the time. "It’s really important to do it right. ... For all the polish we need to do, it still needs more time."

Everything is fine.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
How are people still falling for the obvious FYAD bait? Seriously.. some of you are dumb as gently caress.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Daz reminded me I haven't been fulfilling my obligation to the thread haha.

Kayak went hiking today and couldn't handle being on a platform over a waterfall, it was awesome.

Hopefully this works, the Awful app is in fact awful.

It's okay doggo, no one can see that you're scared under those rad goggles. :c00l:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

you underestimate my connections

:five: :five: :five:

Funniest post in the thread right here.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Tokamak posted:

:gary:

It is already starting to happen

hahah

Here's the Polygon article for the lazy: http://www.polygon.com/2016/12/23/14062698/star-citizen-amazon-game-engine

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I'm still like 1k posts behind, trying to catch up. However, I thought I'd post Cohh's thoughts on his latest attempt to play Star Citizen. I'm really sad he decided not to stream it.

https://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage/v/110151532?t=03h17m14s

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Quavers posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/dangheesling

~1500 viewers. Did have 4500 when another streamer started hosting his channel, then the viewcount started bleeding quickly. Only 280 viewers in his chat channel, so most must not have been impressed enough to move over.

Star Marine looking good https://clips.twitch.tv/dangheesling/PuzzledChoughKappaRoss

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

AbstractNapper posted:

Yeah, I kinda agree with XK here. Parry is blabbing too much for his own good, and him being a member of the development team his quotes could be used in the press/ articles about Star Citizen (like that Kotaku one) which could potentially hurt the company.

I do hope that he'll keep his job and no one will care though, because so far he has provided gold.

I doubt Parry will catch any public flak over this. CIG has a tried and true method for when an employee does/says/writes something they shouldn't have. Basically just tell them to shut up and then ignore the matter until the backers forget about it and/or write their own headcannon about what was said.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How is hacking/whatever?

That guy who killed him after being shot 20 times sure seemed to be hacking. The amount of hits he took seemed excessive, even if armor is strong in this game. It'd be worse TTK than Star Marine.

edit: /\/\/\/\ hahaha holy poo poo, you can shoot people right through the geometry from across the map. Fantastic.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

quote:

Star Citizen Jorunn6 minutes ago
what a worthless piece of rotten scum, I hope he has hundreds or thousands invested and is banned.

sean minard39 minutes ago
THATS loving LAME!! another thing to report to CIG issue council ;)

Dvw 9641 minutes ago
"proud to present" - kill yourself.

lightofjericho11 minutes ago
Privately paid game by millions of fans and you go and do this. It's poo poo of you for other games too but here we "citizens" are making history and you can't even let the game reach release before loving things up. There's going to be a fine line of keeping people interested in this game due to shear scale and cheating is not going to help.

Pez Pezzer39 minutes ago
In a Alpha? Really? You feel the need to cheat in a game that is not even out yet and currently none of this even matters? Wow, you are the worse kind of gaming scum and I hope CIG notices this and bans your rear end from the PU permanently. This is NOT what we need in our game, ever...

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

nawledgelambo posted:

wtfosaurus watching the wallhack video and raging about it:

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975

Here's a timestamp: https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975?t=01h53m51s

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

holy poo poo

so that wtfosaurus vid where he watches the wallhax thing

he goes and tries to test it to see if bullets go through walls

they do

bullets register hitting your target through walls but do no damage

the guy getting hit flinches and everything

wtf

https://www.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/v/110929975?t=02h05m06s

RIP Call of :nexus: and BattleLame

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Can't believe I didn't get this one at first. Now of course I can't not see it, sort of like the Fed Ex arrow.

Touche Strangelove

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TheAgent posted:

Penn st fans love defending pedophilia more than star citizen fans

Makes a dude think

double gently caress u to the big ten for being garbage this bowl season and actually making me root for penn state just so we could save some face in front of the other conferences :negative:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

C.H.O.M.E posted:

If you root for penn state you love child molestation. Sorry, pedo, get hosed.

poo poo, well it's been a good run in normal society. I guess I'll go see what Shmorky and Ben are up to - maybe they'll be my friends now. :reddit:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Also what the gently caress is "director mode"

It's what Chris thinks in his head every time he looks at the funding tracker, right before ordering another round of reshoots at the Imaginarium.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Goobs posted:

ewok catte

This cat needs a dog in an AT-ST costume.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

http://eq2wire.com/2017/01/05/closing-the-book-on-everquest-next-and-landmark/

Retrospective on the now-defunct Everquest Landmark and EQ Next:
<snip>

quote:

• The fate of EQNext/Landmark was sealed early on by design decisions and (despite having so many years under its belt of abandoned effort) rushed development and being announced before anything concrete had been planned or tested.
  • Carte blanche was given to a few decision makers based only on a cult of personality, resulting in minimal experienced critical analysis of ongoing work.
  • Despite promises of an open development process, interaction with customers completely ceased, with each game update being a complete surprise.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

TontoCorazon posted:

Can someone explain to me why there's so many people so excited for this game when it took 6 years just to get to an almost useless alpha. It really shouldn't take a company 6 years just to get to early alpha.

Also the fps part looks loving awful.

Well I've purchased thousands of dollars worth of spaceship jpgs, therefore

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
On the topic of Twitch streamers - thanks to whoever posted Theonemanny a week ago. Animated dogge radio is great fun :kayak:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Star Citizen cheaters face permaban with no refund (but CIG needs video evidence)

quote:

It's a high burden of proof, then, but also a severe punishment for those caught behaving badly. I think that's a reasonable approach: As an alpha, Star Citizen is surely still too rough around the edges to rely too heavily on automated system, but alpha "testers" who are more interested in dicking around with the system to score a win aren't doing anyone any good.

http://www.pcgamer.com/star-citizen-cheaters-face-permaban-with-no-refund-but-cig-needs-video-evidence/

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

I love watching people get the smallest taste of power and abusing it as if they were commanding a small tropical country

sorry, I'm not good at this photoshop stuff..

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

The Titanic posted:

Makes sense. You'd basically be spoiling Sq42 for everybody. Once The Roberts sees it, he'll be coming up with all kinds of great new "ideas" all by himself!

Have they cast an A-list actor to mocap the new witty and endearing robot sidekick that will sacrifice themselves to save the heroes yet?

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

toanoradian posted:

Progress log:

From now on when anyone asks me what Star Citizen is, I'm just going to show them this gif. I feel like it captures the essence of this entire train wreck.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

They did, and then they didn't. And you either agreed to this, or you didn't. Honestly? They got creative with the TOS and played around with delivery dates to suit themselves. So what. Don't like it? Get your money back and move on.

iron clad TOS has now been downgraded to creative TOS.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
Crossposting from the Awful Kickstarters thread in PYF:

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/12/sf-district-attorney-lawsuit-against-lily-may-have-prompted-refund/
San Francisco District Attorney files lawsuit against drone maker Lily for false advertising

tl;dr drone kickstarter earned $34 million, runs out of money before shipping anything. SFDA opens lawsuit because they used fake pitch videos.

quote:

There’s also a slightly technical issue that forms a second front in the DA’s lawsuit: the fact that they went with an independent “pre-order” strategy rather than an established crowdfunded development site like Kickstarter. That makes Lily’s money qualify more on the side of internet sales than investment in an idea (something Kickstarter and its projects are always careful to explain), which exposed the company to certain consumer protection laws.

One, the FTC’s Mail Order Rule, required that, if a pre-ordered product is seriously delayed, the company must issue refunds unless customers indicate they don’t mind the wait. Lily certainly must qualify as having encountered long delays — from February 2016 to “later in 2017” — but refunds were not issued at large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
I like how WTFO wasn't invited to be on the new show and has to join the game like all the other plebs.