Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The only bad thing I can think of regarding the SquareEnix/Marvel is that it means I have to wait longer for my Dynasty Warriors style Avengers vs Skrulls game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has there been anything at e3 about the Square/Enix Marvel games?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Has there been much in the way of news about the SquareEnix Marvel game?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Retro Futurist posted:

I read something earlier that says it'll depend on your loadout. ie you pick the weapon and that'll determine which turtle you are

Works for me. I am so loving jacked to get a PS4.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Blackthorne's actually pretty good, imo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So is Spider Man worth getting once I buy my PS4? How's the web swinging?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I boiught one today from the interwebs, and I will probably buy the new Fire Pro Wrestling, Sniper Elite IV, Bloodstained, Nioh, Spider-Man and Broforce.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
My PS4 is arriving this week, and I'm gonna play the hell outta this game once I cop it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Also the rumors now are it’s a Justice League game.

I know this won't be what we get, but I'd love a DC game similar to Marvel Ultimate Alliance with lots of deep cut characters (as well as the favorites, I don't hate DC's big guns but don't love them as much as I do Marvel's, with the exception of Wally West, who is great). I wanna save the Multiverse with my team of Mr.Miracle, The Question, Deadman, and Starman (Jack, of course, although they could put other variations like Will and Mikal in as alts).

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One day we'll get an Avengers musou game, consarn it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

site posted:

uhh wasnt north the guy who did the va in the deadpool game

OTOH, I didn't really feel the voices were the issue in that game

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Samuringa posted:

Morbius? Anything really goes at this point, huh.

Makes sense what with the movie planned.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Who owns the video game rights to TMNT? Is there s game on the works?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

Avengers Alliance multiplayer is the worst designed game I've ever seen, in any game medium, but I still miss the single player game.

A turn based Avengers console/PC game could be a lot of fun

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

I've wanted a superhero/more comic book-y version of X-Com ever since Firaxis resurrected that franchise, so no arguments from me there

Yeah the X-Com engine could work REALLY well for Marvel or DC

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It occurs to me you could make one hwll of sn RPG with the Fourth World universe.

Someone competent should do this

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

You could make a fun comic where ambushing Superman is built up like a heist. It wouldn't work, but it would be fun to see all the planning.

A heist of the Fortress of Solitude could work, with the rest of the levels involving getting into places that have the tools needed for the heist

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 9, 2020

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Joe Gillian posted:

Webs are stored in the balls

Well no wonder he's quite ill, then

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I want an Avengers musou game.

A turn based RPG Marvel game not on Mobile would be swell, too.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I mean they won't have to hire a voice actor for Cassandra

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So they crossed Xcom with Marvel First Strike? Sounds good mang

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JordanKai posted:

Suicide Squad Kills About a Third of the Justice League doesn't have the same ring to it.

They shoulda done Suicide Squad vs the Justice Lord's

Then you can kill 'em and nobody cares

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is the new Aliens game worth the time & money

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

SonicRulez posted:

I feel like broadly Lobok is simply saying it's possible to have a good Superman game without necessarily giving him a sandbox as big as the universe and letting you free roam at the speed of light. I don't think they should be on trial for not having a fully fleshed out AAA Superman pitch at the ready. I'm not saying nobody is making good points, but their base argument is "A good Superman game is possible". Which it is.

Superman musou on Apokilips.

You're welcome.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JordanKai posted:

You can, you just have to find a very well hidden sidequest trigger.

You have no idea what I would do for an Avengers/X-Men/Justice League Musuo. :( :retrogames:

I've floated that very idea in this thread, a Secret Invasion musou would be faboo

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Midniter posted:

I can't remember if it was XML2 or MUA but Iceman had an aura skill that slowed the enemy and if you hit a mob with one of his ice balls that slow and have them in the aura at the same time, they basically slowed to a crawl rendering them completely helpless and vulnerable. Broke the game pretty much.

Even video games managed Bobby's powers better than he does

(He's also OP in the Capcom fighting games he's in)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Midniter posted:

Give me Hades except it's Marvel and instead of different weapons with different skillsets, it's different superheroes. The random boon system in that is about as far as I care to take random card-game style mechanics, personally.

The weaponry in that game matches up with a few Avengers anyway!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

You create your own character and you are a random Wakandian citizen.
By the end of the Tutorial you will have engaged in the ritual duel to become Black Panther.
The rest of the game will be this sort of strange narrative since you became a ruler of a country before the end of the first Act and where do you go from there?

I wanna make a 7'2 BP who just ragdolls villains around

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is it actually poo poo or just flawed and a victim of hype

(I'm actually asking, not trying to be contrarian)

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Oh to be clear, I meant there's probably a contract somewhere to someday make a thing, just like those movies, just that I'm sceptical about it ever getting beyond development hell.

The important difference is there's been a ton of TMNT games, many of them successful and good. TMNT is a billion dollar franchise, and Last Ronin sold pretty well, I think?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The team up game sounds awesome. Smashing nazis good. Smashing nazis with the Black goddamned Panther? Even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm still holding out hope they do a Justice League or Avengers musou game one day