Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Try as he might to insulate himself from criticism it's going to come immediately and hard. And when he doesn't deliver on the promises he made to the hayseeds some of them are going to peel off and start attacking him too. His lovely personality will only make it worse.

It's too late to deny him the presidency but I'm hopeful they can draft something up to deny him a state funeral and other legacy type stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

The cynical side of me thinks because it's impacting ~real America~ (read: white people) people might start to care but as we've all seen people are perfectly content to go against their own self interests as long as they have someone they can see themselves as being superior to.
It is already impacting "Real America". It's probably worse there because they don't want to loving pay for any social programs that might alleviate the problem. They're just content to blame black people. Kids from what could be considered "good" families have been doing heroin for years now.

Edit: I'd say this probably goes back to doctors throwing around narcotics like they're trail mix, while simultaneously being too stupid too recognize drug seeking behavior. Then there's parents who left the stuff laying around where their bored disaffected kids could get to it, and then suddenly can't understand why Billy is sticking a needle in his arm.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 31, 2016

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Can we get a "high score" thread for the string of mass shootings this year?

Or a death pool thread. Because holy poo poo, lots of noteworthy fucks are gonna die this year.
Shootingtracker.com can provide all your data needs.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nuclear Tourist posted:

2017 kicks off with Santa Claus machinegunning dozens of people in an Istanbul night club. Everyone thinking 2017 couldn't possibly be worse than 2016 are officially naive as gently caress.
Turkey is a loving shithole, our future is probably better, right?!? RIGHT???!!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I know the whole needle exchange thing pisses some people off, and yes it does seem counterproductive at face values, but the spread of HIV and other STIs are a greater problem in the long run.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

I know some of you guys like crazy things and this is some what forums related but uhhh

https://twitter.com/lowtax/status/815205007775662080

related thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803719
Reminder: Shmorky sucked a dick to avoid getting a job.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't think Shmorky was ever a mod. Lowtax hired him to do art stuff but he's a complete loving trainwreck of a person and eventually Lowtax threw him out.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

psydude posted:

I give it like a month until Senate Democrats are able to convince McCain, Graham, and Rubio to open a select committee and begin subpoenaing him and his staff.
I sure hope so.

My wishlist:
Embarrassing poo poo hayseeds actually care about comes out.
Said hayseeds start to notice he didn't come through on any of his promises.
Melania cheats on him in a public fashion making him President Cuck.
Criminal charges cause him to resign.
He has a stroke and watches all his businesses collapse.
His state funeral and library rights get taken away.
He dies of some fat person's disease within the next 5 year.
The GOP brand destroys itself and they start Stalinesque purges of each other.

I'm dreaming but that's what keeps me going.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

MRC48B posted:

Sorry, Clarification, the republican base wants leave it to beaver.
The world's a scary place when you have no education and live in a trailer.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Green Acres was Eva Gabor.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

I hate rooting for John McCain. It's like when the Cowboys play the Patriots and I have to hope someone wins and BY GOD IT WON'T BE BRADY.
I wish he'd come out against him hard during the election, at least after he smeared the Khans. He probably would have retained his seat too. It's unfortunate that McCain's bipartisan efforts seem to mostly be driven by spite.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Why would the ROK or Japan give a poo poo?
The distinction was "successfully field an ICBM", not just more tests.

I'd actually be for parking some AEGIS stuff out in international waters and shooting down their rocket tests once they cross the line.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Third World Reggin posted:

So what is everyones planes for Jan 20th?
Take up huffing glue.

In reality I'll just ignore it and keep hoping that he's forced ouy fast and dies not long afterwards.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

As a reminder, this is what people who hold different opinions felt in 2008/2012. They're still alive to bitch and moan, and so will you.
A large part of that is that they were dead loving wrong.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

BigDave posted:

Ford blinked, announced plan to kill $1.2 billion plant in Mexico, open new plant in Flat Rock, Michigan to build self-driving cars.
Here comes Trump to take credit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

By all means Donnie, land at the inauguration in your helicopter. It will only highlight how pathetic it all is.

facialimpediment posted:

Ford CEO already calling it 'market demand'.

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/816330132361252865

Not like it'll matter :laugh:
Good. The Trump tweetstorm attacking Ford at 2am will be wonderful.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Getting shunned by celebrities probably hurts him more than the disdain of regular people. Remember the star studded RNC with Scott Baio?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Bill Nye is heading to Netflix with a new show. Don't have a clue why this took so long, or why he's been absent from tv for 10+ years.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 3, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The day that Rubio realized that his kids liked Biden more.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

drat. I was holding out hope that they'd snub him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Please Bibi, bite off more than you can chew.

Also: Donnie is siding with rapist, Julian Assange over our intelligence agencies

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie lies constantly about things he's said. So printing off his favorite form of communication large is probably the only way to hold his feet to the fire. It's probably not effective because he doesn't live in reality but I don't fault Sanders for trying.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

Welcome to Politics 101. How's Gitmo doing these days? Bush promised to expand LIHEAP but immediately slashed it by hundreds of millions of dollars.
Gitmo isn't entirely on Obama. The level of opposition didn't really make that possible. What Donnie is doing is backing out of all the stuff he promised before even being sworn in.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

My mistake, broken campaign promises are a new thing and unique to Trump.
A blatant "I have lost interest" being considered a valid excuse before even being sworn in is new and exclusive to Trump.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

I mean let's hope? I fear that that's optimistic at this point.

Oh well. More time to putz around in the private sector I guess.
Are you willing to sign off on some dubious poo poo because Papa Flynn might just have a job for you. God I hate that loving traitor piece of poo poo so much.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Genocide Tendency posted:

Watching the opening statements on the intelligence review.

John McCain just started pounding war drums. Not even fuckin around. Straight up said we need to create a policy of responding with force. Also mentioned they did it because we didn't gently caress them up for invading Ukraine.

Second guy up, Reed, is saying the same thing.

Open loving war against Russia.

:stonk:

Edit: midnight suntans for everyone.
Well at least someone isn't going to look the other way on Donnie's friends. Ukraine was a tough call since they're not in NATO so starting a shooting war with them wasn't going to happen. Perhaps more sanctions than they got would have helped, maybe not.

Pence is a worthless piece of poo poo but if Donnie gets tossed out fast along with a bunch of his people I'll sleep easier.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Let's give his bowl cut a seperate death penalty. Why the gently caress did let him keep it anyway?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

To keep him from looking like this

That would be an improvement.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tons of uneducated morons are mad that federal employees with college degrees make more than them and have benefits. Rather than self reflect or question why Walmart pays them next to nothing they have decided the solution is to drag those other people down.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Call your Senators then. Call your rep anyway, tell them what's concerning you. For how much people bitch about Democrats there sure is a lot of hand-sitting.
Both senators and my congressman are Democrats. Actually good ones too. I'd just be pesteribg them with poo poo they're already working on.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sergg posted:

So when Macy's dropped Trump's clothing line last year he went on Twitter and asked his followers to boycott them. This year they're laying off 10,000 employees due to poor sales.

I actually have a shirt from the Donald Trump Signature Collection and it's made in Indonesia.
Take a poo poo in it and mail it to one of his many tacky buildings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

Putin's behavior makes a lot more sense. Especially backing Trump and teaming up to knock the Muslims around. Russia is in really bad trouble.
I don't think this will scale well vs the population decline. What's more likely is a huge backlash against ethnic Russians some hears down the line. I wouldn't put it past Putin to eventually reaort to genocide to bring the Muslim population down.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Rafsanjani died. At least Obama is still president so the official statement will be mature and diplomatic. Of course Trumpster Fire probably write something asinine.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Godholio posted:

I very much expect the Democrats to repeat their mistake off assuming they'll win because of course Donald loving Trump won't win.
The silver lining is that the stress will probably kill him before that happens.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

"Who doesn't know me-" is probably one of Trump's favorite tics. As if someone has to know him personally to think he's a piece of human garbage, and there's tons of people who do know him that would concur with that statement.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I hope that other movie stars keep coming out hard against Trumpster Fire. It needs to get to the point where he can't even watch a movie to relax beacuse there's one or more people in it who hurt his feelings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

We also sanctioned 5 individual Russians today, 2 of whom are suspects in the murder of Alexander Litvinenko. Trump dialing back the sanctions on two murderers would be juat lovely. With justification tweets explaining that his sources told him they were innocent.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If make it out of this alive my go to argument in political pissing matches is going to be "You supported Trump. Your judgement is obviously poo poo and no one cares what you think, Cletus."

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES C'MON!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Franken just burned Sessions good. Not that it will stop anything.

• Locked thread