Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Why is there still no STi version of the BRZ

someone said by agreement with toyota and to avoid cannibalizing some wrx/sti sales. it would be a legit low end porsche competitor though.

that said, it the least practical/useful car i've ever owned and its kind of uncomfortable to drive/awkward to get in. maybe if you were a twink midget it wouldn't be so bad. id end up driving my old style cherokee sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

my xB was the best. 6'5 and my head still had a good 3 inches of clearance, i could see traffic lights without bending down like quasimodo, and I could get in and out with no issues.

i really miss it

except for all the ways in which a car is fun/cool and not a transportation appliance.

vains
May 26, 2004

Smiling Jack posted:

actually we are all civilians in the police thread

although, i dont know why anyone cares if someone posts here just to argue about politics. nobody cares when people post here just to make up stories about their military service.

vains
May 26, 2004

TBeats posted:

I asked a question about car insurance easier in the thread and I'm just curious if someone can explain this to me.

Backstory refresher:

My license got suspended for failing to pay a speeding ticket (because I elected to take the class so I paid a smaller fine, but Army happened and I forgot to take the class and forgot to pay the additional money). I moved and they sent the notice to my old address and I never received it and didn't know. I got pulled over and got a ticket for it. My car insurance skyrocketed to $300/mo. So I sold my car because I'm not paying $300/mo.

I got that ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week and got my license reinstated.

It's three years for stuff to come off your driving record, so I called USAA assuming that this stuff would be coming off my record soon. But the date of conviction that the DMV sent is December 2014, even though I paid the ticket waaaayyyy before that time.

What caused the lag? Is this worth the hassle of dealing with the DMV to try and straighten it out?

Either way my insurance is way WAY lower (mostly because I'm not going to be financing the car this time) so I can easily afford it, I'm just kind of annoyed right now.

your credit score, the length of your relationship with usaa and whether you have enlisted or officer usaa all matter.

i have a worse driving record and pay way less but have 14 years with usaa, family with 30 years+ and a high credit score.

edit: the lenght of time with them might not matter. i do know that being an officer/snco or a dependent of one gets you better rates than junior enlisted scum.

vains fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 19, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

theres like 4 tiers of companies within usaa. people on the internet get pretty mad about the tiers and usaa is pretty tight lipped about it. so you can read into it if you want on your own because i dont really know the whole story.

United Services Automobile Association (licensed in all states, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
USAA Casualty Insurance Company (licensed in all states, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
USAA General Indemnity Company (licensed in all states, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the U.S. Virgin Islands)
Garrison Property and Casualty Insurance Company (licensed in all states, except Massachusetts)

vains
May 26, 2004

TBeats posted:

I'm not worried about the price. I understand all of that stuff.

The issue is the dates surrounding the ticket.

I got the ticket in June 2014. I paid it within a week. But my conviction date isn't until December, so that ticket that tacked eight points on my insurance is on my record until my conviction date.

My question is if I got the ticket in June 2014 and paid it relatively quick, why is my conviction date December 2014? Shouldn't it be closer to the dates regarding the actual ticket

Is this just how it is? Or should I hassle myself dealing with the DMV to straighten it out?

i think my point is that whether its been 2 years and 363 days or 3 years and 1 day, your rates probably aren't changing much unless you got commissioned or your credit score shot up a hundred points.

vains
May 26, 2004

TBeats posted:

Okay then pretend I'm solely curious about why there's a 5-6 month gap between when I paid the ticket and the DMV's conviction date because saving $1 over six months is just that important to me.

I said the money is irrelevant. Read the very first sentence of what you quoted. I want to know why there is that huge gap between when I paid it and what the conviction date is.

if the money is irrelevant, why do you care?

vains
May 26, 2004

i forgot that he's gay and was momentarily confused when i saw that it wasnt a pansexual vegan fat chick with black nail polish sending the message.

TBeats posted:

why do i care about my driving record?

if you're gonna try and play this card, you should have probably attended the class, made an alternate arrangement or paid the fine prior to getting your license suspended. that conviction date is probably when the hearing for your offense was set to have occurred. if 6 months of time between when you paid the fine and conviction date is worth talking to every retarded person in the planet between the dmv, the court clerks and vasap(if this happened in va), go hog wild. its still a misdemeanor driving violation whether you got convicted in june or december.

vains
May 26, 2004

Proud Christian Mom posted:

im honestly kinda disappointed that Naughty America or someone else hasn't put out a series of Thanks For Your Cervix spoofs

activeduty.com

vains
May 26, 2004

Vasudus posted:

My reoccurring (now every 1-2 months, thanks time) Army nightmare follows this series of events: things didn't work out, I'm magically back in (lol RE4 code what), and one of or several of these conditions apply: 1) I'm in the wrong uniform (usually DCUs) that have either the wrong rank or I'm missing something critical like uh, boots. 2) My orders are cut wrong, and my rank going back in is wrong 3) We're deploying soon and I need to get to the motorpool, but nobody can tell me where it is. The end part is me always being unable to locate a Clothing & Sales, the S1 shop, or the motorpool. So I spend the majority of the nightmare frantically looking for something I can never find, getting constantly stopped by NCOs because I'm hosed up and in the wrong uniform/rank.

i've been having this dream recently but i spend the whole time explaining to people why i have a beard and why its okay.

vains
May 26, 2004

thats like half the dorks that post here

vains
May 26, 2004

RichieHimself posted:

I don't get what those signs are supposed to do other than be a boo hoo poor me humble brag. Are they expecting people on their street to not shoot off fireworks? How could someone who allegedly fought for our FREEDOMS want people to not celebrate that freedom by blowing poo poo up?

because they're pussies.

its all part of this dysfunctional veteran thing: woe is me. the government hosed me up for life, now i need to scam a disability rating, be needlessly aggressive at any perceived slight and never hold down a real job.

vains fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jul 2, 2017

vains
May 26, 2004

unless the battlefield for the race war is 'the motorpool' and the war fought by 'air tighting white chicks' then i think whites will probably win.

TBeats posted:

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GO loving NUTS WITH YOUR FIREWORKS IT WILL REMIND ME OF BEING IN BATTLE AND I REALLY MISS BEING IN BATTLE!!

attribute your memes properly, bitch

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I've been cat fished before. Been talking to this very photogenic chick a while now. We finally hung out. Saw heaps of pics and she still somehow hid like 75 lbs. fool me twice shame on me

women are masters of taking pics from attractive angles.

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

i'm telling younI saw every angle, and they weren't old pics

I've been at this app dating a while now, thought I figured out all the tricks. But yeah, spent way too long talking to her before we met.

if someone only has high angle pics or loose fitting clothing pics i generally just pass. legit attractive women will post pics of themselves wearing going out clothes from normal angles.

edit: the arms dont lie bro. fat girls have fat arms. its science.

vains
May 26, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Just don't get it a size too small like this dick head

you tuck your polo shirt into your 5.11 pants

you also wear a riggers belt and hiking shoes when you do this

vains
May 26, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

lol you got me, how dare I suggest cole get a suit that fits

i think that cole has earned the right to wear whatever hosed up ill fitting kind of suit he wants to wear. whether double breasted 2 button pin striped suit from macys or shiny non-conservative color button down...he earned that right while you prospered under the protective freedom umbrella he provided.

vains
May 26, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

No, vains is right, I never earned the right to an opinion

thank you for your service cole o7

the only opinion you're allowed to have is 'these jeans seem good to me'

vains
May 26, 2004

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

if i wanted Lovecraftian poo poo i'd bootycall your mom again

http://i.imgur.com/BFpQror.jpg

nsfw pic of a girl with an octopus rear end+presumed bhole tattoo

vains
May 26, 2004

i think the worst part about dating or being married to a nursing student/nurse would be a toss up between the below:
-constantly hearing about how overworked they are
-constantly hearing about how doctors dont do anything and are actually stupid

both of the above may be true but i'd want to blow my brains out if thats what i heard about every loving day.

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Didn't hipsters bring butchers back

hipsters....good? :zuh:

vains
May 26, 2004

Woof Blitzer posted:

FedEx arrow!!!1!! Holy crap...

cant unsee

vains
May 26, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

How many GIP goons live in DC/NoVA*?

*suburban hellscape. an endless array of strip malls and traffic.

vains
May 26, 2004

Deathy McDeath posted:

Well poo poo. Add another victim to the blighted hellscape of NoVA, because I just pulled in today.

Watch for my Kmart Khakis and colorful lanyard.

move to triangle/dumfries or stafford so its like you never left the marine corps.

vains
May 26, 2004

TCD posted:

Training every few years satisfies my DC/NOVA itch. However I'm looking at a DC tour next.

RIP bank account.

itch to live in the blandest place imaginable? if nova were a human it would drive a beige camry, wear white new balances, and have never given his wife an orgasm.

vains
May 26, 2004

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's a Lt Col?

it could be a major. you dont know.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

The other one is a racist house flipping redneck.

are all three of them bad things or just one or two or what?

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The Killers still making OK music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO7JGfqPB0s

RIP Interpol though :( Also The Bravery is really good

Interpol still tours a lot intermittently though? I think? Think they're touring now but iirc only east coast

interpol is still together. they released an album in 2014 and have one planned for 2018.

i saw them play on a sidestage at hfstival when i was 15 or something. i also saw my first real set of fully grown boobs there, 2 chicks making out, and a guy watching the two chicks making out and also playing pocket pool.

vains
May 26, 2004

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I've never felt obligated to learn about or interact with the fanbase of anything I enjoy. Complete non factor for me.

small brain: liking a tv show but never interacting with anyone else that likes the tv show

regular brain: liking a tv show but complaining about the fan base after you actively sought them out

exploding galaxy brain: never watching a tv show because you hate the fan base, that you actively sought out, of a creator/director

vains
May 26, 2004

orange juche posted:

American sports cars such as they are have always had an H pattern option. Econoboxes havent in a while though. I know my MX5 has standard manual, but I cant think of really any asian cars sold in the US that dont cost a shitpot of money that are available in manual from the showroom floor. Might be able to special order one from the manufacturers web site? I dont really buy new cars though so that probably colors my experience.

that isn't true. you can get a 5 or 6 speed in pretty much any of the low end cars(golf, cruze, sonic, focus, civic, impreza, mazda 3, etc). they probably just aren't as common as they were 20-30 years ago.

vains
May 26, 2004

psydude posted:

A guy at my last company had a C63 with a manual, but I think it was the last model year where they offered it.

e: I think the current M3 comes with one, also. Not sure about the M5. BMW's been better about keeping it alive on their coupes and smaller sedans.

1, 2, 3 and 4 series has a manual option. 5, 6 and 7 do not.

vains
May 26, 2004

zeris i demand that you start a loosely veiled attempt to scam us out of money.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3835777

how is this remotely acceptable?

vains
May 26, 2004

im not familiar with money begging sites but that just looks like youtube bro.

vains
May 26, 2004

if zeris would get his poo poo together, he could definitely help you out there.

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

I always thought about going the doobie route and goonfunding my taco truck but gently caress that.

in true mod fashion.

vains
May 26, 2004

foo fighters are like the blandest whitest music there is.

vains
May 26, 2004

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Lowtax is okay with it lol

she shut it down. i was really hoping that it would go through the full progression of any goon project and there would be some funny stuff that happened at the end. also, the mod would step down for some made up bullshit reason a week or two after it all blew up.

vains
May 26, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

Acid reflux sucks.

I got my esophagus dialated 3 years ago which helped. I was supposed to get some sort of inhaler to use too but kind of forgot about it until after the prescription ran out.

dont be coy, im sure you get your esophagus dialated more frequently than that

vains
May 26, 2004

post your nudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Or a polo and decent pants.

dont wear a polo and khakis. you're going to look like a clown.

slacks and a long sleeve button down.

• Locked thread