Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ice Cream Barbara posted:

gently caress you if you're still in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

What's nice about MP companies is EVERYONE gets a pistol. Only had to touch my 16/203 when leaving the wire.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

I don't mind Bragg.

quoting for posterity,

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Norfolk forms a continuous urban sprawl of military industrial complex with Virginia Beach, Hampton Roads, and Newport News. Between Ft. Eustis, Langley AFB, Little Creek, Norfolk, Ft. Story, and Oceana, it's probably the biggest conglomeration of military bases on earth.

Ft. Story owns as a TDY/Duty Station FYI.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

If only because it's basically several miles of private beach on the confluence of the Potomac and the Atlantic Ocean.

It's cool because you get to see the difference between the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic Ocean and can chose whichever you want to swim in.

And if you are a smart midnight shift MP, the shenanigans you can get away with.....

Oh yeah and the Ghost Dog.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Williamsburg to Eustis is pretty quick, but making that hike to Story and back every day would get loving old. Especially with the harbor tunnel there.

Yeah seriously gently caress the HRBT

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I liked my M9. And Psydude it sounds like someone knocked the rear sight of yours with a hammer.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Icon Of Sin posted:

He'd be lucky if that's all that was wrong with it. My company brought all our M9s to the range one day, only to find out that only 2 of them were actually functional. We got to rotate through qualifying with those two until everyone was done that needed it, except the sights weren't zeroed so it was more guesswork than anything else :gonk:

That's about the only thing that would really cause it to shoot that far off paper mechanically. There are other factors, but I doubt quality of ammunition and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on user error.

What's fun is when a locking block breaks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

psydude posted:

Link? Lol if this is true, since the release was authorized under the Obama administration of all places.

(Sec. 1092) Requires the Army to transfer excess .45 caliber M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TPSDude posted:

http://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2016/06/16/senator-john-mccain-wants-destroy-govt-surplus-1911-pistols/

Is what I read a while back, obama's order was in 2015 from what I gather in google.

Dude didn't see this section of it,

(Sec. 1092) Requires the Army to transfer excess .45 caliber M1911A1 pistols to the Civilian Marksmanship Program.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

I don't even understand why such chance to be a flight medic should be about the Army Song or collar insignia, but oh well, I guess I'll loving do it.

Like job knowledge is important in the Army.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Vahakyla posted:

Like said, I like being the summer child of this thread.

Tell the Board you are Russian not Finnish, the Trumpsters there will respect you more for it.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TBeats posted:

Also: project confidence.

Like if they ask you the max effective range of a 203 and you think it's 800 meters, you yell that poo poo like you're giving them a message from God himself.

(It's 400 meters I think)

Hasn't it been replaced buy the 230 or the xm 25 by now?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

:stare:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

80s James Hetfield posted:

This is where I was stationed. 170th MP Company

You were a Ft. McClellan MP weren't you?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

Apparently notice after five years of posting and feed me a six hour probation without cause. Lol

Was yours from the great TFR Bronytar incident from years back???

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Zeris posted:

So what happened to him

His chain saw his posts and green weenied him I think.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

DoktorLoken posted:

Ohio ARNG AFAIK. Whatever BCT.

My only "deployment" was to Kuwait a few months after they took away patches for Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, etc. Although on the upside I had an actual cool job which gave me the opportunity to go hang out in Kuwait City and actually see what the middle east (or at least a small slice of the GCC) is like outside of active combat zones which was genuinely pretty fascinating. I sort of sometimes feel bad about never going to Iraq or Afghanistan, but whatever I probably got the way better end of the deal here.

Yup.

37TH IBCT out of Ohio, which coincidently has an infantry battalion in Jordan right now.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

9/11 was the beginning of my senior year

Hey, someone the same age as me.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

what is the coolest part of their heritage then

Distracting JEB Stuart at Gettysburg.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

I've only met two goons, Mel Mudkiper from TFF since I moved to his hometown and the guy that got the TFR classifieds to close after he got into a dispute.with blind gun dealer over a Browning Hi Power stock. Oh and I think I bought a 9mm AR 15 barrel from McNally.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 27, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

akma posted:

I knew some Sp5's and Sp6's. They were completely insufferable when they converted them to NCO's in 85. They weren't around very long afterwards thankfully.

My uncle was one of those that was converted, he went warrant afterwards and retired as a w4.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i had to get on it ONE LAST TIME a few months ago to get my w2 but now I'm free from it forever

-a quartermaster corps soldier

I still get automated e-mails from it even though the last LES I received was like 6 years ago.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mustang posted:

gently caress MEDPROS

Did they lose your shot record?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Woof Blitzer posted:

Yeah sorry but I didn't want to leave it up

What was the backstory on that btw?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kaliber posted:

Soldier got a call from a civilian LT from MPI. He was told there's a case involving counterfeit money that his wife used at the commissary. He needs to meet the manager and pay up the money owed or he'll face consequences.

He tells me and I think it's a scam. Go to the MP station and no poo poo he works there and used his government cell phone. Now it's a closed case, the LT just wanted more info, nothing bad will happen and he should meet the manager and pay what's owed cause it's the right thing to do. But he's not telling us he has to.

Stupid question but if he or his wife didn't knowingly pass the counterfeit money as in they thought it was real, why does he owe the commissary anything if the commissary didn't catch it at the point of sale?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Kaliber posted:

He said the cashier marked it with the pen, it passed. But when she checked the bill 20 minutes later, the line appeared and that's when she called the military police.

He went to legal and I'll see what happens next week.

If your dude gets fried for this that would be peak Army.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

tastefully arranged labia posted:

McNally is peak Army. This pales in comparison.

Point.

So we're never going to be allowed to say peak Army again are we?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

bulletsponge13 posted:

You can eat poo poo. Sheetz loving rules. Wawa is OK, but a low rent knock off of Sheets.

And gently caress you guys if you don't shop at Wegmans.

PS. PA is actually pretty cool.

2 out of 3 of those are customers of mine, and one of them is a royal pain in the rear end.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

bird food bathtub posted:

PA is great if you stick to Philly or Pittsburg. If you go anywhere else it's the "hills have eyes" type opiate wastelands poo poo that a million post-election articles have been written about.

State gun laws are pretty cool and I love me some venison so I venture out there once a year but fuuuuuuuuck living there.

I'm 2 hours east of Pittsburgh and 4 hours west of Philly. Great countryside but holy crap you hit the nail on the head. Oh and this part of the state is full of Paterno apologists

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Make Lt Fick your spirit animal https://youtu.be/rTrdvzD22ss

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Did you just join the Army or something?

Spacetoaster I have some MP specific questions and you do not appear to have PM's available. It has to do with looking up an old MPR.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Hmmm. Can you be very basic about what you are looking for?

Also, what do you mean by MPR? Miltiary Police Regiment, Military Police Record, Military Pimp Recording, etc?

The 3975.

I was the one that wrote it and the victim in the incident reached out to me about getting copies for a claim that he is trying to file. I would have wrote it in Jan/Feb 2008 or so in a camp that we apparently closed in 2014.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Oh wow. There might be a chance that it's archived either physically, or electronically.

I do not know where the records would be kept or who would have access to the database.

I would start the journey to finding that person (who knows about records/files/archives) by calling the good people here: http://www.benning.army.mil/garrison/des/PoliceReport.html

They might not be able to help you find exactly what you're looking for, but they would know more about how these things are kept (if at all).

Also you might try: http://www.cid.army.mil/crc.html

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure how much would still exist considering that a new unit rotated into that camp every 9 months or so and I think the Air Force even took over PMO operations at one point before we closed down the camp.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Man, someone should have told him to cut in the inner thigh to maximize the amount of blood and it will take less stitches.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Today I learned the military has a paralegal competition. I wonder how much pt scores, weapons qual, land nav, and other poo poo that has nothing to do with being a paralegal is a part of it.

LMAO what?

Edit a quick Google later.
https://www.army.mil/article/187618/paralegal_soldiers_from_across_usarpac_compete_in_10th_annual_best_paralegal_competition

Because a 12 mile Ruck has a ton to do with being a "not a lawyer"

Flikken fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 7, 2017

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Like I figure most MOS's have some sort of competition, my unit sent a team to compete in whatever the MPs call their competition...while were deployed in Bagram. loving stupid waste of resources.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Edit: never mind

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Oh CIF, the light of my life!

To go through SERE we were forced to draw field equipment including a canteen cup. Part of the curriculum of the course involved heating the cup over fire, blackening its bottom. CIF would not take the cup for turn in, as it "looked used." The spray paint color you're looking for is called aluminum. Similar story with an e-tool. It's not black spray paint, it's e-tool cleaner.

I had a guy ETS without clearing CIF at all. So we got in touch with mr. civilian and let him know that the IRS would garnish his tax returns to the tune of the $6k of TA-50 he never turned back in. He came back to finish clearing, but CIF wouldn't let him turn the gear in unless he was in uniform, but he was a full, DD-214-holding civilian now. He borrowed a friend's uniform, wore it unshaven with long hair and no patches like a terp, and turned his poo poo in.

When I left Hood I turned in a bunch of extra RFI stuff to CIF just so it wouldn't be on my record. They wanted some belt back that I didn't have, so I told the guy I would just pay for it to clear the entry. He yells over to his buddy pushing a big cart around and says "Let me get one of them belts!", takes someone else's turned-in belt, and hands it to me so I can hand it back to him and he can check it off.

I mean I'm happy that you saved me $8, but it kind of undercuts the moral high road you used to justify bureaucratic nonsense in the previous encounters.

Stupid question but wouldn't a box have to be pencil whip checked somewhere that said mr. civilian cleared CIF so that his box went from red to green on an excel spreadsheet somewhere so that he could ETS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

It's literally just three weeks of eating cake and watching Netflix. I gained 15 pounds.

Possibly. When you redeploy a UIC to home station and collapse the rear D, a lot of dudes who are on terminal leave get temporarily assigned to company rosters. These are guys you may never have met, and will definitely not see because they're on terminal already. Somewhere in that seam, somebody let him go on leave without finishing clearing, and it wasn't handed off to me. poo poo happens.

gently caress it, I'd roll the dice on the IRS garnishment and appeal it claiming I cleared.