Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Have any of you dudes played Everspace? Was it any good?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396750/

I haven't yet, but it looks like a mashup of House of the Dying Sun and FTL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

ME:A was like ME1. Fun and dumb. And hopefully ME:A2 will show the same sort of improvement the original trilogy did.

Also, thanks to this thread I've been getting into PUBG. It's loving amazing. When it's fully developed and polished up it's gonna make so much money.

re: gaming headphones. Do I want to buy stereo or 7.1 headphones? I currently have a pair of lovely little Logitech speakers, and am looking to change it up.

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 10, 2017

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Thanks for all the headphone advice dudes. Though I was hoping you'd all just hive mind the same answer to stop me having to think for myself.

Slim Pickens posted:

What's cool is they're not even out of early access on PC yet, but they still made 60 million already. Once it gets polished and ported to the consoles, they're gonna be rolling in dough(unless ea or ubi beats them to market after ripping off their idea).

60 million? Holy gently caress. If I was that dude I'd just retire and be like "gently caress these dudes." Maybe we're gonna see a whole bunch of hunger games style games now?

Missionary Positron posted:

ME:A chat: The loyalty missions I've done so far (Cora, Vetra) are like a portal into what could've been-land had Bioware not gone all out on the OPEN WORLD ZILLIONS OF MEANINGLESS QUESTS-angle :( .

The final setpiece in Cora's missions was especially rad, I really liked how all the sounds became muted, because well you know, vacuum of space . Still not feeling the Kett, though. They seem really generic and boring compared to the Reapers in ME1/2.

Yeah, there were a lot of fun little missions, and a shitload more of fetch quest bullshit. I still enjoyed it though, possibly only because it was ME. The kett are lame AF, and the angara were terrible, but it's a decent setup for ME:A2.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

What's the lag like for non-US dudes playing on US servers? I'm in Australia and enjoy shooting mans and being a fuckhead, so it seems like this would be fun?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Two Finger posted:

It's not amazing but it seems like everyone gets hit by lag so it's still good fun

So it's not frustratingly gamebreaking?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Keep in mind they're planning a new gun every month. And based on the way the VSS operates, it will probably be a care package weapon like the 249 or m24.

Is this why I've never seen a 249, m24 or Vector. They only come in care packages?

What else comes in care packages?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Ah awesome, thanks for the info dudes.

I try and steer clear of them cos I just assumed I'd get straight up murdered if I went for one.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Are For Honor or Ghost Recon Wildlands worth picking up?

On PC if that makes any difference.

They were hella cheap at a local ebgames.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Missionary Positron posted:

I should probably get around to finally playing the first one, that looks rad as gently caress.

I've got two of the recent Wolfensteins in my Steam library. Which order do I play them in?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Two Finger posted:

it's this

i take it to sea with me

Have you considered not playing video games when you're at sea? I used to read books at sea, then when I'd come back, I'd catch up on games.

Or maybe a console just for ease of use and playing with others?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Do Xbox one controllers work seamlessly on PC? I think they're pretty comfortable 🤷🏽‍♀️

You can run them with a USB cable or buy the wireless adaptor for $30.

Either way, they're recognized by pretty much every game I've played with them.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

What's the new mode in Titanfall? I played it when it first came out and haven't touched it in a few months.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

You defend hordes of enemy with three others and earn money in between rounds to buy turrets and traps etc

It's like a 3D titanfall tower defense, especially depending on the map. It's redundant but fun and there's a handful of maps

That sounds super fun!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Really no reason not to own Titanfall 2. They need all the support they can get to push a Titanfall 3, which will probably happen anyways. That said, they actually put out a really good single player and multiplayer game. The campaign is really really good

Ah sorry I should have been clearer in my original post. I bought TF2 when it came out and haven't touched it in months.

This'll be a good reason to get back into it. :)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

God drat, Destiny 2 plays incredibly well on PC. And smoothly, too, even on my XPS 15 with only a 1050.

Can you port characters across from console?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Anyone played the new XCOM expansion? Is it good? How does it fit with the prior DLC?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

current xcom status: expansion victory lap time

beat all the chosen, now to start the actual campaign and dunk on everything with my team of supermen

Same.

What happens if the Chosen fill their progress bar and attack the avenger? Is it game over, or an avenger defend mission like when the ufo disables the avenger?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Any of your dudes getting Destiny 2 on PC?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

The hour of Shadow of War that I've played so far seems pretty cool!

I have absolutely no idea what is going on but I'm running around killing dudes with a sword and sometimes a spooky ghost helps???

And for some reason a gigantic spider demon thing turned into a lady and now she has my cock ring.

For a game with a lot of cutscenes they sure as gently caress don't explain anything.

Play it until you get to Act IV then YouTube the “true ending.”

Act IV is just a grindy, boring shitfest.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I don’t wanna read the spoiler but is the graphicness of it on par with the earlier game when the bad nazi dude kills your squad at the start of the game?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

God drat, Shadow of War has a lot of content. Almost too much content. I'm still barely scratching the surface (level 15 and can't even dominate yet, still in the second zone) but I straight up ignore the lore dump that the artifacts and stuff give.

I took ages to get dominate as well, but in hindsight it might be better to rush through the story to get dominate and that way you can dominate captains when you’re loving around instead of killing them?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Yeah that's what I did. I didn't realize that it was a few story quests away so I just went and did them. Now I'm going to 100% the forest map before moving on because reasons.

Oh poo poo yeah. The more you do the more skill points you can get to gently caress up Orcs. So it’s win/win. Also, Bruz is ridiculous cos he just pops up to say hello and poo poo when you’re midway through fighting dudes and then fucks off again.

Unrelated, Destiny 2 on PC is fun. I’ve yet to get too grindy with it, but it’s made a pretty good first impression.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Andromeda was okay to kill some time. It felt Mass Effecty enough in some bits for it to not be a complete waste of money. But it was nowhere near as interesting or fun as ME2/3.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Any of you guys running a Destiny clan or participating in a Goon one that isn't full of assholes?

I just found some random one on the Bungie.net forums. I don’t participate or have anything to do with the clan but if the clan’s active you’ll get 3-5 powerful engrams every week for poo poo your clan mates do.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I finished playing through Destiny 2 a week ago and I couldn't tell you a single god damned thing about the story

D2 is dumb but really fun.

I’ve gotten bored of it now I’ve got to 305. But there’s an expansion out next week so it should breathe some life back into it.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

What does my pay work for after you ets?

I think that’s a reference to everyone’s favourite special forces scout sniper Kyle Valentine.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

The new Wolfenstein is dope. I’ve just gotten up to the part where Terror Billy loses his head

Am I barely scratching the surface? Or am I pretty much halfway through it already?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Yeah, I lost my first few games because the ONE area I hadn't covered yet had a zombie sneak in. I'm doing a lot better but I'm at 3% difficulty right now. Soon as that game is done with I'm going to ramp it up to 22% so I can unlock the second map. It's very fun.

Well I know what game I’m playing now I’ve finished AC:Origins.

They are Billions looks super fun. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. :)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Yeah I dialed the difficulty way down, perhaps too far down, so that I could build in peace and get used to how the tech tree works and all that jazz. It's not even remotely a challenge, but that's not the point right now.

This game just ate my entire afternoon, before completely loving me with the final wave of zombies.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

I've got a handle on how the economy works, kinda, and I won my 3% game. So now I'm doing a 22% run, and it turns out that I don't know fuckall about unit management yet so I'm getting owned a lot.

It's still very fun!

Agreed. I've been playing on 22% and every game I make a different mistake. Sometimes I don't make enough walls, other times not enough turrets or I gently caress up with my army.

Still a very fun game.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Are the shock towers any good? I’ve only ever used the ballista and the executor ones.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

resulting in 30+ zombies getting turned into creamed corn at a time.

Welp, clearly it’s time to reassess everything I’ve been doing.

Is my base supposed to take up the entire map by the final wave? Maybe I’m not thinking big enough.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

After day 100, I upgrade everything to Executors (they're hella expensive in upkeep, don't do this early) and get two Thanatos + a tower with 4 snipers.

Thanks for the advice. I don’t tend to worry about upkeep. Though I have noticed that if I have too many buildings that are top tier that my gold income goes to zero. Are final tier buildings really that much more expensive to maintain?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Is the dragonball fighting game you’re talking about friendly to beginners? I’ve never been a fight game person, because of the sheer number of button combinations you have to remember.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yes

controls are super super simple. For example, every character has an anti- air attack, which is bound to Down+Heavy. Every character has a projectile, bound to X. Every character has combos you can do by just mashing the light attack button. They're not optimized, but they have their own quirks and advantages.

it's way easier than trying to hop into SF or Marvel as a newbie

edit: also all the characters are good in their own right, so pick whoever you want and punch goku

Sweet. Thanks for the info dude.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah it got bumped back as Ubisoft was really pleased with the results that came from keeping Assassin's Creed Origins in the oven a little longer.

What a novel idea: actually finishing games before releasing them.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Is Divinity II any good? I see it pop up every time I open gog to play The Witcher.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Thanks for the info dudes. I’ll grab it next time I’m on gog.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Nick Soapdish posted:

I am really enjoying Into the Breach but, feel just like I did when I first started playing FTL 300+ hours ago. Lost and confused.

Same. I’ve just been using my punchy mech to punch things a lot and accidentally moving aliens into even worse spots. It seems to be a great little game though, and I’m probs gonna put a bunch of time into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

W3 on hardest difficulty means you have to like... research what you’re about to fight and use potions and oils and tactics and poo poo.

Medium difficulty all day erry for me. Murdering all and sundry with minimal effort.