Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Quorum posted:

Yeah, gently caress knowing things, am I right?
Well yeah, that was the overwhelming theme of the people who won 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ratbert90 posted:

So the entire point of the UN resolution was to say "Hey; perhaps building settlements on Palestinian land is a bad thing, could you stop please?" And somehow that's equal to them saying Israel shouldn't defend itself? :psyduck:

Does anybody have a list of the nations that voted to tell Israel to knock their poo poo off (again)?
Pro-settlement Americans are probably imagining something like settlement in the old West...minus killing off the natives that is. That clearly wasn't a big part of their education.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jedit posted:

No, pro-settlement Americans are probably including the killing off of the natives because those natives are Muslims.
I dunno, I think if you confronted them directly about it most would mumble something about them going off and living somewhere else, not being crushed under bulldozers and stuff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Are they flying up in the air from being shot?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Congress is a bunch of gay cruisers what?

edit: or just that ethics office?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Shouldn't this be Mallard's first prediction for 2020?
I remember lots of anonymous internet people saying they would do it but I can't remember what celebrities did.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Forget about loving your country. It isn't a necessary part of being a good citizen.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

World Famous W posted:

I know I just said it the other day, but Gay Abortions submission process is up. We really need some more submission posts!

I know this last year sucked but we can't do it without ya!
There were so many awful cartoons last year I seriously don't even know how to begin choosing the worst.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

FaradayCage posted:

Just saw this in the stickied gibbis thread:

Apparently it's from 1/31/16. I don't recall it being posted here.
Trump is the subject of every show they talk about so the media has a strong bias in favor of him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SeANMcBAY posted:

Doesn't he have some of the highest approval ratings of any outgoing president?:lol:
Well yeah in a world where numbers matter. In the world that won 2016, Trump is more popular because he says he is.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sandpuppy posted:

Meanwhile, in reality:
I hope reality makes a comeback in 2017 but I am not optimistic.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To the next generation Twitter really will be seen as synonymous with Trump, won't it? And maybe to the end of America as a superpower.

Do the people at Twitter ever talk about this in meetings?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Republicans posted:

I love the idea that the most radical, rebellious thing you can do is follow mainstream societal norms.
I think to people like him, those societal norms have already lost, probably because of Obama's election. It reflects the range of view and historical memory of a gnat.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jurgan posted:

Also Jesus once said he had come to "bring a sword," which was obviously 100% literal.
Man, growing up and learning that lots of Americans didn't explicitly learn that Jesus talked in metaphors like I did in Sunday school was pretty shocking. I thought that was the literal whole idea of him, and the Bible in general.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
What basis would they ban him on? If making ridiculous lies and insulting people was against the rules then half of Twitter would be banned.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Duke Igthorn posted:

because it's a private company that has no obligation to be "fair" to any and all random racist clown sticks that happen to own fingers and/or assistants with fingers?
I guess I was gonna say that arbitrary banning would make a backlash against them that would drive everyone away but at this point I guess I should just say "good".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Mattress posted:

They should simply file for bankruptcy on January 21.
Have serious government strategists been considering what will change about Trump's administration of Twitter goes away?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
SA is such a magical place.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Hell, I have co-workers who would see that as a plus.
They have such an erection for Putin, it's ridiculous.

If, somehow, Putin walked out onstage and said "I run this poo poo now.", they would be ecstatic, because they just KNOW that Putin would only oppress the people they don't like.

"Putin would put all those liberal idiots in their place, that's for drat sure. He doesn't put up with stupid crap." - Normally I'm being hyperbolic, but, that's an exact quote from a guy I work with, and he's a loving combat veteran from Desert Storm.
So Sideshow Bob was right in a completely literal sense when he said some people want to be ruled like a king?

Oh, but I guess he said "deep down" not so clearly on the surface like we saw in the election.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Either that, or, they just want some big manly Official Government Figure to validate and endorse their own lovely opinions so they can say they're the ones who are correct for hating minorities of every race/gender/orientation.
Well yeah, if you want a king of course you want one who is on your side.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This has gotta be the only puppet related Trump cartoon that doesn't have him as the puppet.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Trump's win was a very personal loss for me. He is an exemplar of all the personality characteristics I would not want to see in a friend, coworker, boss, employee, or just someone on the street. I hate him on a personal, individual level in a way that I have never hated any politician I have seen before and would jump for joy if some giant symbol in America reflected my feelings.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 13, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is probably cold comfort, but a large percentage of the country feels the way you do.
I always knew there were people here and there who actually like all those personal characteristics that I hate so much. But even accounting for all the other reasons someone would vote for the GOP candidate, what's left is that there are still apparently tens of millions of people who just plain like Trump as a person. It's not a majority by any means but it's still vastly more than I thought. There is no upside to this.

edit: to be clear, I am saying that I was naive before and I have been snapped into a painful reality.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I feel like a lot of people now understand the baffling visceral rage a lot of rightists felt over Obama, where every little thing he did was somehow grating. Feels a little hypocritical after years of "drat, can't you guys find one single nice thing to say about Obama" but here we are.
I think for people who hated Obama viscerally it was either because they were far left of him and thus hated him for his policy decisions, or because he was black. I don't feel hypocritical in hating Trump.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

420 Gank Mid posted:

Hawaii and Indonesia are "middle America" now?
The concept of classification has broken down same as facts themselves so everything is everything now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Pants Donkey posted:

Welcome back to Strawman Theatre..

Are there any of these where he talks about the burden of proof?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
He's gonna be my top class hatemonger in 2017 as well I can see.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

War Wizard posted:

It's this. This is it! I've found the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
Is this guy actually published in newspapers? I have been wondering for a while now why there is a lovely webcomic in the politicartoons thread.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I can't believe the original wasn't like that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh my god universities are the fascists in this situation.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

...y.... yes? :confused:
All I can say is that there is another reality where none of that is true and the residents of that reality just won the election.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

King Possum III posted:

Wow, the whole rest of the world.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
When I was a kid I heard Kennedy's famous "don't ask what your country can do for you" speech and was like "Wait what is this poo poo? Countries exist to serve their citizens and that's it". My feelings about that have never changed, so I I've never gotten behind this whole national pride thing at all.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Huh, was it Horsey's goal to make them look like pathetic losers unwilling to face the new reality?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fojar38 posted:

Grabbing the world by the pussy
I can't tell where this cartoon is claiming the pussy of the world is. South America somewhere maybe?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who is the guy on the right supposed to be?

Also what the hell?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My god what is that massive bulge in his head?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mister Beeg posted:

I'm posting this cover for "Captain America #1" because it's fitting.

"Sentinel of our swords"? Am I reading that right? Also I wonder what the "other great features" are?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Vib Rib posted:

"Sentinel of our Shores"
That makes slightly more sense I guess.

When do we get the statistics on how many people attended the inauguration and for what purpose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I have a feeling Twitter is going to be one of the most vilified companies in the world once this is over.

• Locked thread