Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

Ruthie and Hilary Forth are the best comic strip children. Now-defunct Stone Soup's Holly is probably the worst.

Morbid curiosity demands an example of that strip because I've never heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Zereth posted:

What are those words around the gun in he "my gun's not working" panel?

I imagine an onomatopoeia like "click". They're in the earlier panel too.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Rip Haywire had better not spend half a year in this cave

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

ukonvasara posted:

I swear poor Tom is getting shorter and shorter every strip.

Yeah I'd been meaning to ask, Weren't they the same height at one point? What is that man doing to himself?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Slammy posted:

Tweedy (September, 1955, click for big)

Ok I give up, what am I missing?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Vargo posted:

Baldo

Sooo... Gracie doesn't have a middle name?

A Mexican-American girl I knew didn't have a middle name, so I imagine that isn't too uncommon.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

I always liked the small little details with the dad in this strip.

:lol:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom
*Lame Jungle Saying

Why is the Phantom so mad about a stamp? I want to be on a stamp!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

Weren't we near the end of the strip's run? How did we jump back to '89?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Every man on that transport died because Sluggo wasn't there to save Nancy.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

Is this actually being printed in newspapers? How? Seems like it would completely break the formatting.

My sunday paper never printed the throwaway panels, so for strips like this -- Gasoline Alley being the main offender -- everything was shifted and they always looked terrible.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

:siren: Ed didn't take a minor inconvenience out on the workers :siren:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

seriously what the gently caress is her problem

Well she's in a comic strip where everybody hates the main character for no reason, so I guess that.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

CommaToes posted:

Um... they used the wrong time change.

They're going to wait an entire week.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

What's up with the dates on these? There should be 5 or so missing strips between these two.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Slammy posted:

Dream of the Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Spaghetti induced dreams? This isn't what I'm reading this comic for!

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

Tracksuit

I don't get it either.

A Game of Death reference. He has to fight someone on each floor to reach the top, but the strong guy in the basement is sad because he never gets introduced.

Ghostlight posted:

Is her telling him to get some sunscreen another possibly-racist comment, or just a loose translation of him having thin skin?
I thought it was just a comment on him turning red.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Dustin

To be fair, it is easier for her to use the app to order a venti vanilla cafe latte. Half-caff, half-soy milk and half-whole milk, a shot of decaf espresso, light caramel drizzle, a pump of sugar-free syrup, extra hot, with room to add cream. If I were in line for that sort of order and it kept having to be repeated I'd roll my eyes, but if the app takes care of it than it's all good!

I go with a small, no-coffee vanilla frappuccino. Which may as well be a fake vanilla milkshake.

Heh what's wrong with just ordering a normal medium small coffee?

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Mister Olympus posted:

I still have a really hard time picking out edits, but this seems like one.

e: good lord it isn't. Is this ironic or not?

I don't know, there's been some strips earlier that have Moonmaid and Honeymoon calling each other with Japanese terms (complete with Translator Notes). Not saying it's any less weird and jarring of course

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Good god

treasureplane posted:

King Aroo (January 29, 1952)

I was curious and got someone to translate the Arabic in this one.

"I'm smart"
"I'm thirsty"

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

Does Reddick think that's a Star Wars quote? :psyduck:

That reference isn't even applicable! It's well established Yoda's one of the most powerful Jedi!
:goonsay:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Oh man, I'm bad at these. Is the number I'm supposed to be seeing 6?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

bean_shadow posted:

How long as this storyline been going on? Maybe he wants to branch out into Brooke territory (like how many years did that Grandma-hosed-a-Nazi storyline go on?).

Checking gocomics, I think it went from November 29, 2013 to February 28, 2015. I could be wrong because I tried to avoid actually looking at the strip.

• Locked thread