Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

2) The Legend of Zelda

Time: 1:35:56

I know Zelda 1's overworld like the back of my hand. As for the dungeons, I don't remember them very clearly, aside from the first few and level 9 which is forever ingrained into my memory. I think I'll give it another playthrough tomorrow since the dungeons are fresh on my mind and try to go for sub 1 hour and deathless.

You should do the second quest

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

2.1) The Legend of Zelda deathless in 59:14. Hell yeah.

Very nice

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Resident Evil 4

76% hit ratio
884 enemies killed
Cleared in 18:30'60"
Died 47 times

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
My first time playing anything beyond the village part

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

2.2) The Legend of Zelda (Swordless)

I feel like a Zelda 1 god now. I think it's time to start my marathon.

Congrats

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
S7 in 9:10:58, orange line

My fastest time :D but grade takes precedence in the rankings so not a new record. My current best is S9 in 9:12:00 with an orange line (meaning credit roll was cleared).

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Tetris the Grand Master
Gm, 11:44:46

Not too bad a time. My best is 11:10-ish, but a clear's a clear.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

SUPER MARIO BROS 3

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Spoderman posted:

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Chico owns. Only Ground Zeroes and the Phantom Pain left to go... I'm not looking forward to there being no more new Metal Gears to play.

By the time you're done with phantom pain you'll be sick of metal gear

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Metal Storm (1CC)

got sick of being bad at Contra and decided to plug this one in and beat it on my first try, which was cool. i played the poo poo out of this one last year and got a no-death clear with the intent to clear the second loop too but it's just too hard for me

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Babylon Astronaut posted:

かんしゃく玉投げカン太郎の東海道五十三次

It isn't as hard as it looks. I'd put it up there with super mario bros as far as platformers go.

romanize that poo poo nigga

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*calls Chris Hansen, John Walsh and the FBI*

Lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Capcom's arcade games are real hard

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i cleared TGM3 master mode for the first time ever a couple weeks ago :feelsgood: still cant finish the credit roll though

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Welcome back.

thank you

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
ive played the first two games on and off for about a decade now and i'll probably never stop. ive only recently been able to play tgm3 after years of wanting to and its just flawless. the addition of 3 piece preview and hold along with the huge speed increase, not to mention the more complex grading system and promotional exam system, make it by far the best version of tetris ever, and its a crime against humanity that arika doesnt have the ability to produce home versions for whatever reason.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
TGM3 is a Taito TypeX game, which basically means it's a Windows game. it's very easy to find with google, but you need this hack:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8DZWUh1sATeMGRibFQ1M3BOYkU

(click the download button in the top right)

just drop those files into the root folder of the game and run "tgm3_launcher". edit "tgm3.cfg" to change resolution settings, as far as I know those joystick settings flat out don't work. keyboard settings can be modified with "typex_config" included with the game.

caveats:

- keyboard only. as far as I know you need joy2key to use a joystick with the game
- noticeable input lag, and joy2key only makes it worse. It's not unplayable, but kind of annoying. Run the game windowed to reduce it a bit. also if you're using joy2key you can set the internal processing speed on it to be higher which reduces latency.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Persona 5

Final clear time is 98:45

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
just got my first orange line clear in TGM3 master mode (meaning main game and credit roll were cleared). my grade was m6 whereas my best is an m7 so it's not a new record but still drat it feels good

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

also stuff like if you tranq someone and leave them face down in a puddle they drown trolled me when i tried non lethal years ago

lol that rules

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Shadow Dancer (Genesis, Level-1 difficulty, 1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Mid-year list:

1. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2. Resident Evil 4
3. Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS (Master mode)
4. Tetris the Grand Master
5. Metal Storm (1CC)
6. Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror Instinct (Master mode)
7. Persona 5
8. Shadow Dancer (Genesis, Level-1 difficulty, 1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Knuckles, <8 chaos emeralds ending, 1CC)

Knuckles's final boss is way easier than Sonic's, also his game in general is a good bit shorter, but probably a bit harder overall. Sandopolis and Lava Reef in particular are kind of a pain in the rear end to play as Knuckles.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Super Mario RPG

e: beat Jinx and Culex, didnt do all the extra stuff though

next up is Final Fantasy VI, which ive never played before

mycophobia fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jun 27, 2017

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

just finished watching all of hunter x hunter

congrats. great show

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Squeezy Farm posted:

Kirby's Blownout rear end

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
holy fuckn poo poo I finally got the M rank in TGM2 master mode AAAAAAAAHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqDHuo4np0s

I'm so fuckin happy right now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

jump over them

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

21) Sonic 3 & Knuckles using the Sonic 3 Complete hack.

It lets you do cool stuff like play the zones in the originally intended order, so Flying Battery comes right after Carnival Night and takes place at nighttime.

Went ahead and got all the Super Emeralds since I haven't played through S3&K in while.

20 days until Sonic Mania!

good poo poo op

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Battle Garegga Super Easy (1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Battle Garegga Premium (1CC)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

What do the modes mean any way good job

In Premium mode the biggest change is that the level of rank is dependent entirely on what stage you're on, and it stays the same the whole stage. You also get autobomb, which is why I was able to clear it so quickly. the hitbox is smaller I believe, and the shot rate is fixed to 15hz. there's also more zako rushes in certain parts. Also you get factory as stage 2 and plateau as stage 3.

As far as scoring goes, interestingly, you can trigger MAX RANK mode by getting your medal chain up to at least 2,000 on stage 1 and some other condition(s) nobody who speaks english really knows yet, where the rank will max out and all medals will home in on you like you're playing a cave game, also enemies drop items more often and it's pretty insane to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-zj_sIfN2w

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Sonic Mania (1CC, Sonic alone, bad ending)

it was good. i wish it had been all original levels though. the ones that were there were fantastic. ill probably do knuckles next weekend or something

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Elevator Action Returns (no death)

My first 1CC of this game turned out to be a no death run, surprisingly. Logged about 9 and a half hours of playtime to get to this point. Pretty easy by arcade standards but a drat good game nonetheless.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

Elevator Action Returns (no death)

My first 1CC of this game turned out to be a no death run, surprisingly. Logged about 9 and a half hours of playtime to get to this point. Pretty easy by arcade standards but a drat good game nonetheless.

Here's a super sloppy 1CC I recorded this afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aSyCFdYwCg

Not great but it'll do

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Pop'n Twinbee (1CC, died at loop 2 stage 2)

Took about 4 hours or so...my big problem with this game is that in the latter stages they basically fill the screen with as much bullets and enemies as possible in a big hitbox game which makes it super hard not to get hit, but to balance it out they give you all sorts of resources like a health bar that you can refill, a shield item and a screen-clearing bomb that lasts for like five seconds. it's not exactly a hard game, it's just kind of a frustrating experience getting hit over and over again and having to juggle bells until you get your shield back or get another bomb, etc. I'm also really bad at shooters though and there's probably a youtube video out there of some guy clearing the game on the hardest difficulty without taking a hit. anyways loop 2 did not look fun at all so I think I'm gonna move on from this game now.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
OutRun 2 Arcade mode (all destinations)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Shinobi (1CC)

Last time I cleared this game was over two years ago so I decided to pick it back up this afternoon. Took about six or seven attempts.

• Locked thread