Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Renoistic posted:

Playing Horizon so clos after Monster Hunter World and God of War might have been a mistake....

I'm level 24 with blue medium armor but level 18 enemies still kill me in two-thee hits, ranged or melee. That, and the fact that the dodge is on circle and doesn't seem to have many or any invincibility frames really through me off. Any tips for raising defense/health?

When robots wind up before hitting you, take it more seriously and roll out of the way when they lunge instead of continuing to attack them.

Roll has invincibility, but the window is short.

Whenever possible early on, be a pussy and hide on a tall cliff or in some far away bushes and take potshots.

Use elemental armor and resistance potions liberally when fighting robots with elemental attacks. Drink that poo poo like it’s fireball and you just turned 21

When you get good at figuring out you can only hit a robot once (or occasionally twice) before they melee you back and you have to dodge, you get a good dance rhythm and eventually you’ll be able to waltz between three enemies at a time

If you hit a robot and position yourself behind them it buys you another second where they have to turn around to attack you. With practice you can do the drunken boxing thing with them where they keep swinging at you and missing because you’re too close to them but not in the right direction for them to hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Maybe subtlety is overrated.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

dantheman650 posted:

In GoW can I just upgrade/craft/train whatever seems cool or can I screw myself? I don’t need any specifics.

Upgrade things according to what you suck at. I suck at dodging/parrying so I upgrade things for health and healing, install gems for temporary defense when hurt, etc

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Its been a pretty good few years for Dad Games in general

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Apparently the 20% off code for watching Detroit trailers doesn't work on Playstation network subscriptions. However, it works on your whole order not just one item so I'm looking for games to buy.

I think I just want digital-only games because if it's available on disc I'd rather have it on disc.

So far I got
- Undertale
- Life is Strange
- SOMA

Any more I should try out?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

exquisite tea posted:

If you like narrative-heavy games like Life is Strange, SOMA etc. then perhaps you would also enjoy Hellblade, which is also digital-only.

Watched a trailer. A game that simulates psychosis? No HUD, just voices in your head? Sold!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Sony Playstation 4: That's not a JRPG but rather an SRPG, a subset of JRPGs, here, let me list some actu..

Celeste.

Next time I get a coupon code, looks pretty good

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Shy posted:

The Witcher 3 seems to underperform a bit on the regular console, doesn't it? I feel like shelving it and playing on a better pc later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4sG21EKGxw

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Anyone wanna recommend a good 2TB ps4 hdd

Between half a dozen games my 500gb is already 4/5 full

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
In the camera closeups on Senua's face, her eyes have the most convincing "spark of life" I've seen in a game so far.

Thanks for whoever recommended it

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Like, I actually got uncomfortable for a second when her eyes made contact with me

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Over There posted:

Yeah, but don't get the idea that Hellblade is a walking simulator

On PS4, every game is so beautiful I turn them into walking simulators anyways

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Shooing still sucks in 2 and 3 but I think it sucks much less because the bad guys bob and weave less

Everything about Uncharted games feels a little like controlling a drunk man made of jello

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 30, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

seiferguy posted:

Can someone link the Nier:A thread? On mobile and I can't seem to find it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773002

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If you guys listen to podcasts, check out the official PlayStation podcast and go back a couple episodes when they interview Cory Barlog. There are several :unsmith: moments where he talks about how his own son inspired several of the dad & son moments in the game

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

homeless snail posted:

I wouldn't even go that far, those games are loving garbage, they play like poo poo and are incredibly ugly both visually and in spirit. Absolutely no redeeming value

Imagining your post in the voice of GOW 1-3’s Kratos

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
You can easily argue that God of War encouraged unhealthy attitudes and expectations of women (something I think we can all agree with) without making the claim that it depicted rape

Also, content aside, anyone claiming that God of War was ugly just has amnesia. Its graphics blew people's minds back then by pushing the limits of what people thought a PS2 was capable of

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 31, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Manatee Cannon posted:

god of war was one of the best looking games period at the time, but "at the time" was 2005 and people forget how long ago that was. it's like when people say something looks like a ps2 game just because it seems kinda dated

BTW if you want a good laugh, look through old PS2, PS3 and Xbox360 metacritic best of all time charts:

Gears of War 1: 94
Gears of War 2: 93
Gears of War 3: 91
God of War 1: 94
God of War 2: 93
God of War 3: 92
Rock Band 3: 93
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3: 97
Virtua Fighter 4: 94

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I dunno, MGS3 might fall into the “Konami too lazy to put resources into anything new” bucket of believable narratives. And of all the games to remake it seems like the surest bet.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
As impressive as it is, Hellblade is buggy as hell and has massive scripting problems. I keep having trouble triggering progression and keep having to check online guides to make sure I'm not doing something wrong (I'm not)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Doctor Zero posted:

WARNING: do not play Detroit it you have self loathing issues because while the quick time events are mostly forgiving, toward the end if you screw one up because you have the reaction time of a half dead sloth it puts your game in a situation where you have to do horrible things to your favorite characters. :smith:

Doesn’t this get rectified by being able to start over from any decision point in the story?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Lol everyone turns into a cruel god when given the opportunity

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
BTW my roommate has his own secondary account in my PS4. I want to transfer his saved games to a USB drive so that I can upgrade the hard drive. Is the PS4 seriously requiring a PSN account to freaking copy saved games to usb?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

With God as my witness, I’ll never go hungry again!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Even if an SSD isn’t a huge difference in speed against an HDD, it’s at least more reliable, right?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Last of Us also bricked my launch PS3 by overheating the GPU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

revolther posted:

Just fact checking from a few pages back; but a guy put a 2tb SSD in his PS4 providing VERIFIABLY largely no noticeable improvements in games, claimed it was essentially free, and called everyone who didn't believe him an idiot.

The facts are checked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjSJwlHK6M

You been counter-checked

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It's surprising whenever IGN gives out anything that's not in their very suggestive looking 8.0-9.0 bellcurve

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Runs into room, out of breath, cups hands around mouth

THERES A NEW SHAQ FU GAME

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Brightman posted:

Be upset no longer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9uQwqKwXE

Luckily I hadn't done this one yet and knew which one it likely was.

Sega is like, living Quantic Dreams’ ideal life.

Everyone knows you’re a pervert, David Cage, might as well own it and make a game about perverts!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It asks you what you want it to do when you plug in the drive

I think the default was to start installing stuff on your external whether or not your internal was full?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I look forward to you finding out for us

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

beep by grandpa posted:

Idk how to follow e3 so what time/day should I look at stuff for Sony, kingdom hearts, from soft, dmc5, etc

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Got the flu today so got Yakuza 0. It’s hilarious so far.

I’ve finished chapter 1 but haven’t played any pachinko or slot cars or anything. Should I be dawdling already?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hmm so far all the businesses in Yakuza 0 have a NO sign on the map so I guess they get unlocked later?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Super Doctor K? Why have I never heard of this before?

YOU ARE ALREADY CURED.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVS8lotbCag

Best $30 I ever spent.

Edit: Earlier I randomly bought an orange for no reason and now when I got in a fight with the real producer Kiryu stuffed the orange in the producer’s mouth and curb stomped him, spraying orange juice everywhere. This is the best.

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jun 5, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Why am I in a children’s playground teaching a dominatrix how to verbally abuse people

Edit: now the kids came over and asked what we’re doing

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Jun 5, 2018

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Must be fixed because I’m almost through checkout and The Surge is $12.49

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Hand-me-downed the 500gb from my ps4 to my PS3 and while I was reinstalling my games GranTurismo 6 took like 6 hours to install. Has anyone else run into his?