Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Do new PS4s not come with $10 PSN credit anymore? I had a launch PS4 that came with a card with a code for that, sold that PS4 back in the summer, got a Pro today and didn't see anything like that in the box. There was a little foldout card advertising the PSN Store but with no $10 credit code on there.

Although it might still be in the box somewhere and I just haven't seen it yet.

Could've just been a launch deal, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Question: Any of y'all with Pros, when you put your Pro into Rest Mode, does it give you the blinking orange light and you can't resume it from Rest Mode so you have to hold the power button and then restart it?

I searched the internet for fixes to this and one that I found was to boot into safe mode and change your HDCP mode to 1.4 only because this issue has to do with something going wrong in the HDCP handshaking process. I did that, but it didn't fix my issue.

So another fix I found was to boot into safe mode and rebuild the database, which I did a little while ago, but I'm not sure yet if that fixed it or not.

Is this a sign of a defective unit? From what I found, a lot of people are having this problem, so it's not just an isolated thing. Some people got replacement Pros and the issue was gone for them, others did that and it persisted, so it sounds like it's a total luck of the draw thing :confused:

I don't have a 4K TV, I'm still using the 1080p Vizio I got back in like 2013 if that makes any difference.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Good god, have y'all looked at the new PS Store website? :barf:

It looks like complete garbage and I hope they fix it. The previous version wasn't the best, but this is like 10 steps back. What the gently caress

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Spring Break My Heart posted:

So did the PS Store update just get rid of the Wishlist entirely?
It did. I heard they were doing that so I wrote myself a note in my notes app with all the games on my wishlist. Guess I'm just gonna have to add to that from now on.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Bad Parenting posted:

I really enjoyed watch dogs 2, but after the first hour or so of legion it seems worse. I enjoyed the characters and the tone of 2, but legion seems like it's trying to be more serious and dark, and because there isn't a main character you just have these guys/girls who looks like you've pressed randomise on a dark souls character creator a few times. And the British accents are terrible.

Hopefully it will get better, but I'm glad I didn't pay for it
I pre-ordered it a few months ago like a dumbass because I, too, really enjoyed Watch Dogs 2, but yeah, I've played a few hours of Legion and it's just boring so far. Nothing that I've done has felt memorable and none of the humor is landing at all.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Miles Morales seems to be getting good reviews. I look forward to getting the PS4 version of that, maybe when it's on sale.

e: Also :smith:
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1324745115911544836

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 6, 2020

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Been playing Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered and it's just as fun as it was 10 years ago. Probably my favorite Need for Speed game period.

It's been bringing up my avatar ( ) a bunch and I hope that carries over to PS5 because I've had it for a couple years and I love it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vikar Jerome posted:

is anyone playing watchdogs legion? is it fun at least if you ignore the story? i like the idea of xcom type random characters as protags but i read the about the plot and lol'd so i dunno if im even gonna get it unless the gameplay is super fun.

plot spoiler if anyone wants spoiling you team up with cops at the end to take on the pmcs lmao
I uninstalled it because I wasn't having any fun with it. lmao at that spoiler, just lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Failboattootoot posted:

If you like Assassin's creed, it's a very good one of those. If you think AC sucks, this probably won't change your mind. The gameplay differences probably aren't significant enough to win anyone over who didn't like the previous ones (well, let's say origins, odyssey and now valhalla).
I liked Origins and Odyssey a lot and am just whatever about Valhalla so far (20 something hours into it). It feels like a definite step down from Odyssey for me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Simone Magus posted:

Ugh miles Morales is so freaking good
Is it worth full price or is it a wait for sale? I'll probably wait for sale anyway lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What's going on with Cyberpunk pre-orders through PSN? I went to it in my Library, there's a download button so I pressed it but it just went back to the page with the download button and didn't start downloading anything.

Usually with pre-orders, there's a countdown page and you can enable Auto-Download and it'll give you an expected download date. I pressed the three dots next to the Download button and there's a countdown page, so I pressed that and it briefly loads a countdown page before going back to the page with the Download button.

Seems broken!

Rolo posted:

How’s the new Spider-Man on ps4 pro? I don’t feel like getting a ps5 yet.
Some frame drops in areas with a lot going on, but otherwise I played through the whole thing with no problem. Obviously it would be better with the almost non-existent loads of the PS5 version but it's not like the PS4 version is broken or anything.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sakurazuka posted:

Sounds like what happened with the Cold Steel 4 preorders so I would be prepared for it to not work until someone figures out what went wrong, which took about 36 hours after it was supposed to unlock for that rip.
Well that's not as bad as it could be.

The size hasn't been announced yet, has it? (The game size, not the patch size.) I'm expecting it to be huge, so I wanted it to start downloading as early as possible.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

If you're looking for the closest thing to a STALKER 2 on PS4, Metro Exodus really surprised me with how STALKER-like it was at times. It's also like $20 or less right now, I think.

Weedle posted:

i see assassin's creed odyssey is on sale for $15. the only assassin's creed game i have played is black flag, which i did not like very much, but i have heard odyssey compared many times to the witcher 3, which i loved. should i take a chance on odyssey, and is it worth paying the extra $10 for the edition with the dlc?
Odyssey is my favorite of the new Assassin's Creed RPG trilogy. Idk about the DLC because I never played it, but $15 for the base game is a great deal for how much content you're getting. I think I got 80 or 90 hours out of it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mr Snips posted:

I started playing odyssey again recently after getting burnt out long before I finished the story a year ago, and I forgot how loud it makes my PS4s fans go. I don't have any other games that make it run that loud
CoD Cold War makes my PS4 Pro's fan rev up so much and get so loving loud. Like I don't need a PS5 because I already have a couple of the games available for it on PS4, but it sure would be nice to have since it runs quieter.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm glad they're giving refunds. My dumb rear end pre-ordered it on PS4 a while ago but switched over to PC after the PS4 version didn't look great/perform well. I tried getting a refund through Sony's refund chatbot but they won't give you one if you've already downloaded the game, so I emailed that CD Projekt Red refund email address and got an automatic reply that they'd get back to people about PS4 refunds.

Really it's my fault for pre-ordering an open world RPG that's been in development for this long, but it's cool that I'll be able to get a refund.

And yeah, pulling the game is huge :eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm assuming the refund will be the $59.99 + tax into your PSN wallet, or at least it will be for me since that was what I used to pay for the game.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I've had the free Cyberpunk theme on my PS4 for like...a year maybe? Even though the game sucked on PS4, the theme rules.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ZeeBoi posted:

Just got an email from CDPR about processing a refund, they’re only handling the physical disc versions for console. Digital redirects to Sony’s refund site.
:same: And I still haven't gotten a refund from Sony.

Vikar Jerome posted:

do you have to send the disc back?
Nah, just take a picture of the ticket number they give you next to your game disc and proof of purchase.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ZeeBoi posted:

Uhhhh....

:shepicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fallen Order was super unremarkable.

Merry Christmas thread!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The new thread title :lol:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I legitimately need to start hunting for a PS5...
Don't do it (yet). I tried on like 3 different sites today and struck out lol

I'm glad RE8 is coming to PS4 so I can play it because I may not have a PS5 by May.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Demo is PS5 only :negative:
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1352378532765163520

:)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

R3make was okay but not nearly as good/memorable as the 2 Remake.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

fridge corn posted:

I'm okay with not playing DOOM
If it's like Eternal, :same:

Also Mick Gordon won't be returning to do the score, so pass.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Simone Magus posted:

Horizon is one of the most drop dead gorgeous games I've ever seen. The lighting effects in forests at night, just so choice

:discourse:
:yeah:

I've played through Zero Dawn like 3 or 4 times. It's one of my favorite games of the generation.

I can't wait for Forbidden West.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I miss renting games from Redbox :smith: it saved me so much money over the years.

I could restart my GameFly subscription that I stopped paying for several years ago, but Redbox was easier and cheaper.

I really should start renting more instead of purchasing, though. I've been burned by a few poor purchasing decisions like Watch Dogs Legion.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I beat Cyberpunk again, this time on PS4 (Pro)! I got a used (but practically brand new) physical copy on Amazon for :20bux: and just finished it. It ran surprisingly well! Not great, and there were still a handful of glitches, but it ran way better than the last time I tried to play this on PS4 (release week). It might've even run smoother than it did on my PC, though I think I was pushing it too hard on my PC. The patches have definitely made a difference.

Anyway, game's still good. Not quite great, but pretty good. If you have a PS4 Pro and can get a physical copy for cheap, I'd say it's worth playing now if you haven't already. If you have a regular PS4 though, it might be tougher to recommend. I'm sure CDPR will patch it further eventually, though I'm not sure how much more they can do on this generation of hardware. But I had a mostly fine experience with it, so yeah.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63jgpg7-hw

Looking forward to playing this on my Pro.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Happy birthday to one of the best games of the PS3 generation that unfortunately never got a PS4 re-release :smith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPc9LhKA5C4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Max Payne 3 is a perfectly good long tech demo for future Rockstar gunplay but it’s a truly terrible Max Payne game and as a huge fan of the first two I was never gonna like that about it
It's certainly a different kind of Max Payne game but I love it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiNHpol9L80

MechaSeinfeld posted:

this is probably the only thread in these forums or on the internet that won’t look at me funny for having it as one of my top 5 games of all time.
:same:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

HEALTH - TEARS is one of the all-time great game themes
Hearing them play it live is so goddamn good. gently caress, I need to see them again. They were the last show I saw before the pandemic.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Niiiiice. I played the remaster of the first one last year on Switch but I haven't played 2 and 3 in several years.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Speaking of Rockstar, the first Max Payne turned 20 years old today :eyepop:

Remaster the whole trilogy and put it out for PS4/PS5, you cowards (they won't because it wouldn't make them GTA Online money :( )

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WaltherFeng posted:

I was really into TLOU2 until they decided to throw a two stage boss fight in a dark basement, one hit kills and on top of that, there's 2 bosses and one of them is invincible/isn't actually required to beat the boss so you might end up wasting time and ammo trying to kill it.

Who the gently caress put this in such a good game.
If it's the fight I'm thinking of, that was what made me drop the difficulty from normal to easy several hours into the game. Such bullshit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I played a couple hours of the beta last night and it felt just like L4D used to except with a couple more systems. Matchmaking set me up with a cool, more experienced team that helped me through my first exposure to the game, though since I don't have the same group that I used to play L4D with, I probably won't play any more of it when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/1471133041560993797

I'm glad because PS4 is the way I'll be playing it since I haven't been able to get a PS5 and probably won't by February either.