Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mystic Mystery 6 has been nerfed, although I don't know how. I had it when I logged in.

Reinvite to the SG please, IGN is JeditOjanen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

Probably halved the requirement, which I think was something like 6300 demons.

6300 demons in Midtown is the other achievement, the non-secret one. MM6 was something stupid like kill 2000 demons and Lavaheart 20 times in Midtown as Ghost Rider.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

Hordes of Rogues sucking powers out of everybody in sight in the hubs. This is pretty hilarious.

I'm one of those Rogues myself.

Did Rogue get her permanent "power wardrobe", then?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

The talent system really feels like what they should have done to begin with

It's exactly what Blizzard replaced talent trees in WOW with.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

As opposed to the past Literally Always

Doom and Iceman had great summon builds. Magik wasn't awful either.

Does anyone run MH on an ultrawide monitor? I upgraded since the last time I did any playing. Set it up for 3440x1440 the first time by loving in the inis, but when I reloaded again it was stretched wider than feeder fetish Rogue.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Giedroyc posted:

On the plus side it'd make the next ICR tournament interesting as there's no more chests...

Also no achievements for 100 or 50 kills on a term boss. I have 114% completion on that section of the chart.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

the worst bug is how dash stops working after like 3 presses

They almost certainly lifted that from Diablo 3. I've been playing Monk and the most obnoxious thing in the game is that Dashing Strike only has two charges.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone else having trouble logging into the MH forums? I mean, apart from the gutchurning feeling in your stomach at the thought of doing so?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Celebrity Ghost posted:

What's the story with Blessings? I noticed they have labels now. Do two of the same type not stack? So all my quadruple Helas are only worth one?

They stack, but they're not as useful stacked now because they grant ratings instead of flat bonuses. There are three types - Offensive, Defensive and Utility - and then there's Blessing of Odin that gives you a major buff if you use one of each type. So instead of 4 Helas for 20% brutal, you'll have one Hela, one Odin, and a Defensive and Utility on the other two to complete the set.

I haven't checked if it's still there, but there was a recipe to swap existing Blessings for free.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Kind of feel sorry for the little boy with austism whose grandfather died and left him without an account to play on.

I mean it's probably just some guy wanting to sell his account but Mr.Gaz being real heartless about that one. "Sorry when you die, nobody gets to inherit your account." Never thought that would be in the EULA.

That complaint was a serious example of dumb. The parents were complaining that their father's account couldn't be transferred to their son. They were told this couldn't happen because the EULA only permits transfers to the owner's children. So why didn't they just say "OK, transfer it to me then" and give their son the password?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Tortolia posted:

I had forgotten about some of the insane buff/boon stacking from when I actively played last. I guess they never got wiped out?

Between those and synergy bonuses I got Loki from 1-20 just doing the raft and the police station event. This is kind of hilariously dumb, which is perfect because it's Marvel Heroes.

When prestiging I would generally get to about level 8 or 9 on the Raft from synergy alone. Boosted would be higher, but I'd never boost for a non-cosmic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone else get an "access denied" error when downloading the latest patch?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone else getting problems with Beast crashing the game? I tried logging in, it crashed saying there were errors in the Beast stuff. I repatched, tried again, this time I got in but the game bombed with the same error when I switched to Beast.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Negative. He's playing X-Defense, which is clearly the worst of all possible offenses.

Excuse me, but I think you'll find the best X-Defence is a good X-offense.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Wtf BB already? Is the new update now capable of making chars every 2 weeks??? Could this actually be the new normal?

Because I hope it is.

Doesn't seem likely. I'm guessing Blackguy Boltgun and Sam Jackson have been bubbling away for a few months along with Beast By Dre and they were waiting on the revamp to start launching them.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Toshimo posted:

What makes a perfect ring?

Goatse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

You assume incorrectly. Nobody has any sort of grappling powers.

Ghostlight is lying to you when he suggests Daredevil is good right now though, and even when he was it was more about smashing with clubs than punching. Fortunately, Iron Fist is a good puncher (it's sort of in his name) and is easily the best around. Hulk can also rip a car in half and wear the bits as boxing gloves. Just saying.

Is there a new complete list of heroes with access to the Mystical Car Dimension?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

jujojoh posted:

All Nintendo cartridges tasted horrible. Source: I blew SNES carts till they would work

And in adult life you brought the same technique to management.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I think the devs who made the great mechanical heroes moved out before the end. They were certainly releasing great heroes as late as Doom, but I recall thinking that a lot of the last few were just combinations of rehashed abilities from other heroes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Preorders just opened for Marvel's Avengers. How is this game not Marvel Heroes please?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bloodly posted:

What confuses me is...wasn't it making money still, at the end?

Sometimes games fail because they're not making enough money. Case in point is The Elder Scrolls: Legends, the CCG Bethesda put out for that franchise. They halted all development last November, but the game was still in the black and they'd just launched a mobile client in Asia that is still being developed.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I hate everyone who bumps this thread and gives me a shred of hope.

You could always unfollow it, you know.

According to my library I have 1,535 hours played. I don't recall how many cosmics I had, but it was probably around a dozen. And like Loz, I'm missing six achievements: the three PVP achievements, killing the Sinister Clones 100 times and Surtur 50 times, and doing the Ultron thing in under 8 minutes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

If you enjoyed MH for the content and gameplay style, give Last Epoch a shot. It's got a story that isn't complete yet, characters with missing trees (and one of the five characters isn't implemented yet), two different versions of X-Def, a weird system of personal stats buffs and items dropping for skills that aren't in the game. Despite all that, it's really playable and the skill customisation makes for some great variety.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The best part of MH history, excluding boon parties of course, was when they announced Taskmaster as an April Fool and then it turned out to be real.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

When they said they'd run an XP Boost based on how many hot dogs Ryolnir (a large man) could eat.

I think Ryolnir only applied for the job because he thought the game was called Mouthful Hebrews.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sea Lily posted:

the upcoming Magic The Gathering MMOARPG sounds like it has a lot in common with Marvel Heroes if yall haven't seen much on that yet. F2P game, starts you off with a single class of your choice, earn currency through drops while playing to unlock other classes. it's a diablo-like focused on co-op stuff, too. just instead of gear you get card drops to build a small 'deck' out of that you draw from and play in the real-time combat. casting spells, summoning monsters that fight alongside you, all the card game stuff but like... realtime, isometric ARPG with friends. there's class skill tree stuff too, and you don't have to match the color of your cards to the color of your class so in theory there's a lot of freedom for crazy builds. possibly. need to play the game to really see.

it's entering open beta mid-March so it may be worth checking out. this feels like it could be the closest thing to a MH style game we get for a while.

I just got into the closed Alpha, not that I can tell you anything about it due to an NDA. But it's definitely shaping up to be a worthy follow-up to MH, because they've just pissed off 99% of the audience by announcing an $80 cosmetic pack before they even launch.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Lozareth posted:

Isn't that the 50% off price too? When I got the email, I was all like "hmmm, maybe I'll get that since the game has poten....HELLL NO!"

No, that's the full price. It's reduced (!) to $40 at the moment. Unlike the Founders bundles it's not exclusive to early backers - the only Alpha exclusive is a reward skin given for logging in every day during one of the tests. But also unlike those bundles it has a functional item in and we don't yet know what it does. If it's really good, and being a Lotus it possibly is, then there'll be even more pissed off people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Victis posted:

I don't even remember Black Bolt being playable though

He was either the last or second last hero to be released. I know him and Nick Fury are the only two that I didn't play to 60.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

McSpanky posted:

I played absolutely everyone to 60 except Carnage who I don't remember being playable at all, so he must've come out after the console crap got backported into the PC version and ruined the game.

Carnage was a Venom skin.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Nodoze posted:

I miss grinding cosmics with the boys

Can you imagine adding Homelander to Marvel Heroes?

Ultimate Ability: I Can Do Whatever I Want

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

can private servers bring back that one dude who got real weird about emma frost or whatever it was

Just one?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

BabyFur Denny posted:

Who cares as long as you can cosmic your heroes

All of us, because we can't do it today.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Was that Comixfan? I remember that guy had some interesting takes but I seem to remember him being more lore focused less.... What the gently caress does that even mean?

Comixfan was the guy who posted a potential costumes thread for every character as soon as it was possible to do so, and threw a fit every time someone beat him to it. He wanted to feel like every skin in the game was there because he had suggested it, but I don't think he actually cared about how they were implemented.

Also Lost Ark is trash, you'll be out of it in two weeks. Another primo ICR recommendation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

I tried Lost Ark too. An hour long queue to log in, laggy controls even on the solo instance opening area. Then I got into the game and my Gunslinger's modest and practical outfit had been replaced with a low cut blouse and leather micro-shorts, and every cut scene directly focused on her rear end. Logged out and uninstalled.

TL;DR - don't like costume, logine too long.