Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

finally the sec thread is back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i chopped up some turkey into half a can of hormel's beanless and put it on top of some rolls i cut in half and browned in butter. fried egg on top

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

Question for all you office drones experts out there. My wife just accepted a job that’s 100% remote, so she’s working from home full time, and for Christmas I figured I’d get her some fancy office chair so she’s not further destroying her posture with the kitchen table castoff she currently uses. Aside from the obvious answer of let her pick it herself since she knows what’s comfortable to her better than I ever could (or some internet strangers, for that matter), is there a particular brand or type or whatever that’s recommended? I hope to keep it under $500, but my experience is limited to the budget options the state purchases for my office, which isn’t the most informative for anyone looking for comfort.

steelcase/herman miller, buy it used and clean and grease it

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Its Rinaldo posted:

Buy her a DXRacer so every time she has to skype into work she will be embarrassed of the technicolor nerd chair she has to sit in and worse it's pretty comfy

the new hotness is the Clutch Chairz PewDiePie Edition Throttle Series

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

mashed potato enchiladas

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i sweated half an onion and a small can of green chilis then picked the meat off some ribs and added it to the pan then made a sandwich out of that, broiled with some havarti on top. 5/5 would eat again

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

grilled half a fish. its crazy how big those things get

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i made salmon salad for lunch

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i hated it as a kid but i think if you get it from the butcher skin on it's more milder. also my dad overcooked basically everything so you got fish jerky

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Least favorite of all fish imo

But if you aren’t using a cedar plank on a grill then i just dunno

grill it on the grill

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

tabasco sux

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

whats with the handful of tostitos in the center

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i made a sandwich and the mustard did the thing where it shoots out its watery mustard juice load instead of the good stuff. that ruined my day

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

im laughing at kotaku forcing a guy who obviously doesnt like jrpgs to play one. get tim rogers to evaluate this masterpiece

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://kotaku.com/football-the-kotaku-review-5980571

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

made pinto bean and orzo soup with a can of hot hatch chiles

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

pinto beans in the can dont make you fart

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

its 50 outside and im freezing inside (67 degrees)

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

Places where people feel "cold" in the 50s and 60s is in large part due to humidity. It works both ways to make hot hotter and cold colder.

its gonna be 65 with 5% tomorrow and im still gonna be cold.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

thread a piece of string behind the back of the latch and pull 007

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i got a 144hz monitor and i feel like im going to vomit

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

I like how Spotify sends me a cool year in review thing with my top 100 songs in a playlist, a recommendation playlist and a bunch of cool stats.

I listened to 43,188 minutes of music this year!

incredibly cool thing that last.fm has done for like ten years now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

what do you do with the second steak knife

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJ56bB13GM8

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the best christmas songs are the blink 182 one and wham - last christmas

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

it was 85 a week ago in phoenix

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

:smith:

how can I help the polar bear?

if its yellow let it mellow

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ate an orange off the tree today. it was more yellow than orange but it had good flavor

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i made some lazy mediterranean chicken. half a cup of green olives, lemon pepper, cooking wine, garlic powder, olive oil, oregano. came out really good. im not the biggest olive fan but they mellow out into a general funk

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dirt bike

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that youtube slime that's like a gallon of elmers, some flour, food coloring, and a handful of glitter weirds me out

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

nightcrawler is like max payne

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

I've been playing Assassins Creed: Origins and I've just realized they're trying really hard to emulate Witcher 3 in regards to it being a huge world, several sidequests going on along main quests and other general mechanics. It's not necessarily a bad thing because they do a good job of it and Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever, so it's a good game to emulate but once I noticed it I can't stop thinking about it while I'm playing.

the first game to do it was World of Warcraft

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Finished the Bloody Baron questline and got partially through a few others. Then read some spoilers that went that's pretty much the most memorable part of the game, so peaced out.

Saw a bit of the dlc with the possession bit which looked more interesting then what I had played, but I'm good.

that was the climax to the end of a slog, not the best part of the game. novigrad and skellige are the best parts of the base game

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

oh man i had a shrimp boil last night and i threw in half a garlic bulb and today i squeezed it out like toothpaste into some leftover smoked pork.im dying here

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cattle dogs are like corgis but with none of the creepy meme people surrounding them. and they're built like brick shithouses. people say they're energetic but they're more like greyhounds than the little yappy dogs

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

they make a toilet accessory, the poop box. you stand on it and poop

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

maybe you need more salt. or less salt

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've developed a weird ability to just sort of block out commercials

Its not like I mute them or anything, I just go into a zen state until I hear the whistle again

after i stopped drinking i lost the ability to turn every commercial break into a bathroom break

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

for me it's kate bush

• Locked thread