Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Sancho posted:

If hill runs again we get 8 of this!

What do you mean "if". She absolutely is going to run and we will have Trump for 8 years of hilarity. What a time to be alive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

I hope Trump opens a special investigation on the murder of Patton Oswalt's wife.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Out of curiosity, what documentation do you need to sign up for the military?

Piss de Bundy posted:

lol if i serve for 2 tours of wars for ANY country and come back with an injury and you don't give me citizenship

Seriously.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Mar 6, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Dr. Faustus posted:

This wire-tap thing... holy poo poo.

The FBI failed in October to convince a FISA judge to grant a FISA warrant, but they succeeded on their second attempt in November.

Shoulda read the whole thing and not jumped the gun:
"The roots of the FISA warrant were themselves odd. According to both Mensch and the BBC, they centered on a server in Trump Tower found last Spring to have been communicating with Russia’s Alfa Bank, itself reportedly with strong ties to Vladimir Putin. The FBI reportedly came to conclude that the communications were likely innocuous."

lol-worthy, but still an FBI investigation (and not anything OBAMA - bad (or sick) guy! - did.)

How can I sleep if I must lol?

Are you loving kidding me? :lol:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Methanar posted:

lol what other insane ravings are actually somehow true.

Personally I can't wait for a prostate related meltdown. Gonna be some good poo poo behind that one.

If there's one thing I have learned over the past few years, it's that almost every crazy conspiracy theory is true.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Verily I Shat posted:

Please stop posting ever.

Verily I Shat is still with her lol. don't worry man you can vote HC again in 4 years, so save all that merch!

1redflag posted:

"Please unlock your phone." "Because I said so." "Well, then I guess I will have to refuse you entry into the Country."

Unfortunately, this has been going on since 2008 in the US and is also a thing in other countries. You can be compelled to unlock your computer and give over encryption keys at the border without any evidence against you. This includes work laptops with sensitive data and IP.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Justin Godscock posted:

There is absolutely no loving way you could ever pay me enough to work in an airport in any capacity.

What if you got to drive little old ladies around in that golf cart thing inside the terminals and scream at everyone to gtfo of your way and run them over if they don't??

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Jel Shaker posted:

I always find that there is some weird sort of antagonism between security and passengers in US airports which I rarely experience anywhere else, is it a cultural thing?

Honestly, it depends on where you go and if you happen to come across an rear end in a top hat on your way. I've experienced some really antagonistic and rude security in several other countries you would assume are professional/competent and also some really awesome security in countries where you would think it would be even worse than the US.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Verily I Shat posted:

Your ignorance is boring.

https://skift.com/2014/01/01/judge-rules-u-s-homeland-security-can-search-laptops-at-airports/

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

"You know I've never even been on a boat like...well I've been on a boat, but I mean, not like this!! It's crazy!! I mean, right? These things are yuge and all the secret weaponry like...well I mean...can you believe our folks in the military? Just incredible. Incredible folks. My first time at sea and the captain asks me if I'd like to take the helm and... I mean, how can you not? right? So anyhow... oh by the way our navy is the best, just the best folks. Unbelievable these guys. And girls! I even saw a woman sailor...with all these men...out at sea for all those months...it's crazy right?? So anyhow I start steering this...big war...this boat right? Captain says I'm a natural. The best he has ever seen. Who knew right? I mean in a way, I was responsible...I had to lead all those men...well like, it's almost like... going into battle right?? Just amazing, really amazing. Hey, maybe I'll be a ship captain if this whole president thing doesn't...I mean, well...you have to have backup plan right? We have to be prepared for anything and believe me...we are...we really are folks. "

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Chomp8645 posted:

I would expect drone pilots to have even more mental issues than conventional military pilots. Yes, both groups kill a bunch of people who can't defend themselves over basically a bunch of nonsense. But at least "fighter pilot" is a job that is cool and sexy, unlike "drone pilot" which is lame and not sexy.

The drone pilots get picked on a lot as well. Not that I feel particularly sorry for them, but it just sounds like a super hosed up job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_Lt88KXzIQ

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Kuato posted:

I'd actually prefer Dubya at this point. This is what the world has come to. I'd even take McCain/Palin over this.

Dubya was a simpleton who let some of the most evil people ever run the actual government. And have you forgotten the whole Iraq/Afganistan wars? The financial crisis? The Patriot Act? Yes, Trump is bad, but goddamn people forget history really quickly.

And Sarah Palin? LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Slowpoke posted:

This made me extremely sad.
This man is President. lol?

Guys, guys, chill out. DJT is just a YUGE Mets fan.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Tiny Lowtax posted:

It's almost as if lying while being a politician has no repercussions because the people who would punish them are their buddies.

All politicians lie through their teeth constantly. Is this somehow a surprise to people?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

fyodor posted:

God Sean Spicer looks like dogshit. Why would anyone take that job?? Why doesn't he resign before he jumps off the White House roof?

His press huddle things stream on youtube every day. They are really funny to watch.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Romes128 posted:

The Trump presidency is starting to feel like the plot of a metal gear solid game unraveling

more like metal gear rising

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Lacey posted:

Plastic surgery, for starters. She used to look like this:

drat, being super rich has its benefits.

I think she just looks weird now because she is one of those women who tries to look 20-something forever through plastic surgery.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 11, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Lacey posted:

Yeah the "benefit" of having Daddy approve of and possibly even fund your boob job :barf:

He was there when they were doing it to supervise.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Lacey posted:

Will that make the US dollar strong or weak? Also is it a strong or a weak dollar that's good for the economy?

Not sure if you are serious or not but...

Demand for anything sold in USD makes the currency strong. Currency prices can be driven by market forces or by monetary policy, debt, inflation, etc.

A strong dollar is good for imports (we can buy more stuff per dollar). A weak dollar is good for exports (people will want to buy more of our stuff since it's cheaper). Since the US is a net importer (this is called a trade deficit), we benefit most from a strong dollar right now. However if we started to manufacture and export a lot of stuff, we might benefit from a weaker dollar.

e: ok nm, didn't see that Trump quote. joke went over my head. :)

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 12, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Tiny Lowtax posted:

He was quoting president trump

Oh I guess I missed that. Well maybe Trump reads GBS :colbert:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

All hail the dank one. Free drugs and healthcare for followers one the one true president! who would have totally won btw ehem

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

hseroK divaD posted:

Gattaca is a documentary now

I look forward to it. Things in Gattaca were so...clean.

And hey, we were sending tons of people into space! So what if they were genetic super-humans.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

thathonkey posted:

drain the swamp !!!!!

loving EPA is trying to protect the swamp. :mad:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

!Klams posted:

Genuinely, I'm lost. What's going on with Obamacare? Is someone saying do it and someone else saying don't do it? Is someone replacing it with something similar? Like I have zero idea anymore wtf is going on in your country with regards to healthcare, I just know that whatever it is, its lol.

Well the republicans are trying to jam a really, really lovely replacement through that is going to lower coverage and increase costs, as a budget item (can pass with a simple majority, won't be filibustered). I don't really get why, but apparently, creating a new health care bill that chages policy, which they need to do in order to get anything good in there like cross border competition, would be subject to filibuster by democrats (while tacking-on to budget won't be). So It seems like its not even possible to get a better replacement for Obamacare OR anything the prez promised.

lol?

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 13, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

oops, my true feelings came out there for a sec!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm not american so I never really understood why the republicans hate healthcare so much, can somebody maybe explain why it's such a bad thing to them that people have access to affordable healtcare? I mean, healthy people produce a lot more "value" to an economy than dying people do, it's a pretty straightforward concept. What's their beef?

Republicans are supposed to be the party of small government and free markets. Socializing Nationalizing health care is against their ideology that says free markets will lead to better quality and lower costs. Traditionally their party also opposes an over-reliance on government.

In reality that's only part of it. If Obamacare "succeeds" then the people give credit to the Democrats. And healthcare industry lobbyists play a big role as well I would think.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Mar 13, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Not amount of money buys class I guess. :shrug:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Fallows posted:

I'm not classy enough to own or wear a tie so can soemone explain why the loving president would have tape on his?

Two reasons: 1) to stop the two ends of the tie from separating (there is a loop for this on the back of the fat end, which you can see) and 2) to keep the tie from flying off the shirt and flopping around.

There is a much more classy way to stop both of these things and it's called a tie clip.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

bag em and tag em posted:

It's incredibly obvious how toxic the name Obama is to millions of idiots in this country. So by virtue of using the former presidents name, Trump can get lots and lots of people to automatically believe anything negative said about Obama, no matter how ridiculous. Just look at how the name Obamacare has soured the ACA to so many who directly benefit from it, or dont even realize they're the same thing.

I love how Obama reclaimed the moniker and told Dems to embrace it as well. "They call it ObamaCare? I do care! You should care, too."

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

The Archaic posted:

I love/hate it when the Onion is too real

Where there's a will, there's a way!

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Chlamyllionaire posted:

I've been taking up extra work at screenprinting shop that's swamped with huge orders of protest & resist Tshirts. Tens of thousands of em.
Thanks Trump. lol

Please put a tiny MAGA label on the tags of the shirts. Please!

e: or maybe a

TRUMP SIGNATURE COLLECTION
made in China

label if you wanna go the other way

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 14, 2017

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Orange Sunshine posted:

Impressive if true.

Trump leaks his own tax return, MSNBC makes a big deal about it like they've discovered some major piece of information, everyone gets excited to see what it is. Trump puts out a press release 15 minutes before they go live, revealing the details of the tax return, showing he made a lot of money and paid a lot of taxes, in ratios to be expected for a very wealthy man. Now Rachel Maddow has to go live and spend an hour talking about what's now a non story.

Press looks bad, press looks like they're attacking Trump over nothing. The various stories of "He pays no taxes" and "He's a failed businessman who makes no money" are now proven untrue.

lol

How can Trump be so incompetent and yet run circles around the media. Rachel Maddow has been dreaming about taking Trump down since election day and now she is his mouthpiece.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Tricky D posted:

All jokes aside, I bet those tax returns were sourced from a thumb drive found in the studio parking lot labelled 'trump tax returns.' Enjoy your ransomware MSNBC.

They were mysteriously dropped into the mail slot of a journalist, David Cay Johnston. He even speculated they were sent by Trump himself.

Oh and btw, Johnston has been reporting on trump for 30+ years and even wrote a book about him : "The Making of Donald Trump"

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

ruh roh!

Laptop holding Trump Tower floor plans, Hillary Clinton email investigation info stolen from Secret Service agent

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Well the joint speech was uneventful and boilerplate stuff. I dunno what that weird moment was with Trump looking like a scolded child. It didn't come out in the speeches.

e: oh I didn't get to the QA yet, my feed must behind :D

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Unfinish3d posted:

This has to be satire.

http://blog.timesunion.com/donna/the-possible-refugee-solution/200/

Lol, refugees should just buy land in Belize! It's so simple!

Oh man, she actively responds to comments too. This is a lol goldmine holy balls

it looks like that particular article was a really bad attempt at satire from a not so well informed lady. most of her other think pieces (lol) are pretty bad.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Incident 1:
Fence jumper made it all the way to White House back door

Incident 2:
Secret Service stops suspect before reaching White House fence

Incident 3:
Person in custody after incident at White House gates - Secret Service

How many brains has Trump broken?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

That would be badass without the nazi stuff. With the nazi/$ stuff is much more lol.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm currently touring DC. Swamp status: not drained. Loling at the mugs with Donny T on them

I heard you can tour the white house if you talk to your congressional representative. Might wanna check that out before Trump locks it down in paranoia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Trump is the worst president, but at the same time, the best.